Positive Reviews of White Musk for Men by Body Shop

Find out more about White Musk for Men by Body Shop in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

as much powder as bvl notte maybe more with a musk base. very appealing comfort scent. also a compliment getter. very cheap online nowadays!!!

27 January, 2013

shamu1's avatar
    shamu1

I'm amazed I like this, since I hate white musk. This is a great one, linear yet complex. It does not smell like shampoo or laundry detergent.

The musk is very prominent from beginning to end, but there are green notes, woody and spicy notes very carefully blended in with the musk to make it crisp and aromatic. Smells almost identical to the drydown in Creed's Original Vetiver. A great fragrance for a great price.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

12 August, 2012

kakarious's avatar
    kakarious

Smells very similar to L'Occitane's Eau Des Baux to my nose.

30th May, 2012

PerfumeCollector's avatar
    PerfumeCollector

Clean is the word for this perfume, squaky clean just out of the shower and sorry but not opening notes, no heart notes either, this baby goes right to basenotes in a hurry. I do not detect any flowers on it but a musk note that overwhelms everything, and as it musk is not sweet enough, tonka bean is the squire to the musk knight. Some sandalwood and vetiver remain in the background but all the glory goes to this musk/tonka pair as they march this very linear perfume to its end.
    To enjoy this perfume you must like musk very much and do not look for development here because this scent is as linear as it could be.
    Like most Body Shop perfumes, longevity is poor and sillage is mediocre, but the scent is so pleasant that it would get my thumbs up.

05 September, 2011

Soul_Music's avatar
    Soul_Music

I've owned this for about 5-6 weeks now and can say that this is one of my best buys, especially considering the price. Comparisons to Armani Code are accurate, it's like a lighter musky version, it smells very clean and makes you feel doubly clean when worn after a shower/bath!

Longevity isn't bad either, 5-8 hours depending on application for me, which is pretty good as my skin swallows cologne. I'd say this is very inoffensive to fans of musk and to people in general. For the price you pay i'd say it's a great deal. I use it at least once a week and own about 30 frags, overall im really pleased with this 1.

21st March, 2011

Spoombung's avatar
    Spoombung

Very plain, pleasant, clean, soapy musk fragrance. You smell this at the bottom of many expensive scents and it does rather give the impression that something's missing from the picture as there is very little going on in the upper spectrum to smell.

Anyway, you can't complain at this price and I would imagine it's very good to use as a blender with other scents.

05 March, 2011

Grottola's avatar
    Grottola

A wonderful clean synthetic musk with a bit of sweetness to it. Lasts longer than most musks that I've tried. Smells even better on clothing! Can be had for a great price and there's also a great matching shower gel and after shave balm and to top it all off, the bottle is cool!

21st December, 2010

great_badir's avatar
    great_badir

Very similar to the more expensive Armand Basi Pour Homme (the opening notes in both smell almost identical to me and they share very similar dry downs), White Musk is The Body Shop's premium, but still affordable, male fragrance. At the best of times most musk frags are dodgy beasts - apply too much or have the wrong body chemistry then you risk smelling like a moose took a piss all over you (Jasper Conran Musk immediately springs to mind). Even worse, if they also contain civet (as the really expensive musks/animalics tend to) then the potential is there to smell like that same moose then took a dump all over you, which is the effect civet often has on me. Body Shop's White Musk is probably the safest musk bet for most - floral and slightly sweet like the feminine version, but with added moss and wood notes to tone down the sweetness and make it more masculine, all without sacrificing the lightness of the (admittedly synthetic) musk. About as good and agreeable a musk as I've come across.

05 May, 2010

Kr13's avatar
    Kr13
    Finland Finland

The opening of this smells just like hair spray which for me is not a good thing. I think it's the lavender and alcohol, but it gets a lot better after a while.

Just like said before light, sweet and woody. Reminds me a lot of the women's version but this is somewhat more masculine, I'd say still a unisex fragrance. Vetiver is really noticeable for me which makes the fragrance nice and fresh.

Nice, simple and cheap fragrance.

21st April, 2010

Jhutton's avatar
    Jhutton

At first I hated it because I stick to raunchy overly-masculine scents. I know I have a problem, and I bought this one because I wanted something lighter and more contemporary.

The opening almost reminded me of violets or something, well, maybe heavier than violets. I get a lot of coumarin, and the vetiver, to me, stands out quite nicely. It's at once got that masculine vetiver hit and a very uplifting freshness. Maybe it's a bit vague in the end, but I really love this scent. Seems to project fairly well.

Well made, extremely wearable.

14 February, 2010

PigeonMurderer's avatar
    PigeonMurderer
    Finland Finland

This is very nice inexpensive scent from The Body Shop. I also like the bottle very much.

Subtle, compelling and reasonably masculine blend. Although not listed, I get some fresh spiciness out of it along with floral and soft woodsy notes. (Must be the one part of tonka beans that creates that spicy feel…)
    In White Musk for Men there are two ingredients that are most prominent and detectible: Amber and those tonka beans. This duo basically makes this scent without a shadow of a doubt.

Amber cuts off nicely the overly powdery edge from the tonka beans, and more precisely coumarin, leaving that charming hay-like smell with terrific, sensually manly presence. Just a small hint from medicinally bitter-green, earthy vetiver. Not a complex or particularly rich in structure wise but the balance is flawless. Great simple scent and steal for the price.
    Stays close to skin for fairly long time.

Perfumer of this scent is Evelyne Boulanger and she has already proved before that she is very talented.

Top: Lavender
    Middle: Geranium, Crystal Jasmine
    Base: Vetiver, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Tonka Bean

30th July, 2009

jalexhrovat's avatar
    jalexhrovat

Pretty much just as it is described. Its a light musky fragrance. Nothing fancy, but it isn't bad. Wouldn't spend the money on it though....

01st July, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Fresh woody n' slightly sweet musk. A good all around musk and very comforting. Nothing unique but it's well made.

02 April, 2009

naomi13angel's avatar
    naomi13angel

Better than white musk for ladies by a mile, fresh and intriguing this is one of my boyfriends favorites and thusly one of mine !

23 January, 2009

timaru's avatar
    timaru
    Germany Germany

Hhm, the best way to describe this frag is a mixture of armani - Code and bruno banani-Not for Everybody. Its a plain scent, i dont really detect much comlexity nor change during the time it dries down.
    Inoffensive, warm and even if you grew a disliking towards it, for the 20 $it costs, it would still be a formidable room spray.

25 September, 2008

carlos-uk's avatar
    carlos-uk

I bought this recently having always found the Womens White Musk to be totally distinctive and intoxicating (both in a good way). This is unmistakeably White Musk but done with a difference that makes it wearable for a man. I can't say that I find it to be totally different from the Womens version but frankly, I don't care. One thing I have noticed with this is its longevity is far greater than any Body Shop mens fragrance I have bought previously. I could smell this the next morning and it wasn't the worst smell to wake up too (hell, it beats the smell of Cat Food first thing in the morning). What I would say about this Mens interpretation is that it's actually to my nose a borderline scent. I feel it could just as easily be a Unisex scent as it has those original qualities but does not stray to far into the heavy masculine notes. What can I say to convince you other than give this one a try!

12 July, 2008

supercarl's avatar
    supercarl

Lovely, projects well for a musk, more complex than the female white musk. Similar to CK Be

26 December, 2007

blacklibran1's avatar
    blacklibran1

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! this fragaqnfce is very good. I was gathering they would put out something similar to the womens white musk but this one is warm and fresh at the same time, very good stuff. and the price is unbeatable. A++++++++++++ for bodyshop

17 December, 2007