Negative Reviews of Midnight Poison by Christian Dior

Find out more about Midnight Poison by Christian Dior in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Aiona's avatar

If one doesn't like patchouli, one probably won't like this one.

Although the word "poison" is in its name, it smells like "medicine" to me -- a smell from a Chinese herbal medicine shop in southern Thailand.

Shiftybat is correct. I do smell lemon/bergamot-y smell in the opening, mixed with patchouli. Then a bit later, rose with patchouli, with a little bit of mandarin/orange. It does smell like it's trying to be a gourmand patchoul. It's not like Angel, though. (I actually like Angel in small doses, despite the patchouli. And I am not a patchouli lover.)

But it's just rose and patchouli, for over 8.5 hours. Gah!

About 8.5 hours later, I finally start smelling the amber and a bit of vanilla/tonka bean which is lovely. Buy why endure 8.5 hours of patchouli to get to amber and vanilla? I won't again.

26th March, 2011

flinterdun's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Midnight Poison, on me smells sadly of flowers in full bloom on a compost heap; it's sickly sweet in a saccharine way. From that point on there is no change whatsoever.
    I'm quite dissapointed as I truly adore the original Poison. It's not nearly as unique and compelling as the original. To me it feels much more generic, and that is something that, from a perfume in the poison line, I cannot accept.

*sigh* me and Midnight Poison have no chemistry together. Alas.

14th May, 2009