Negative Reviews of My Insolence by Guerlain

Find out more about My Insolence by Guerlain in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

missjane's avatar
    missjane

pleasant, fruity opening. Becoming overpoweringly sweet. Candy. Ouch. Not for me. Having said that, I have smelt much worse, and I did genuinely enjoy the first ten minutes.

29 August, 2012

knit at nite's avatar
    knit at nite

A HUGE opening of potent candy, followed by a headache. I would have rated it neutral because it smells so similar too many others on the current perfume counter, and it sould siut someone's taste.. But I expected more of something with Guerllain on the bottle...a lot more.

20th September, 2009

vintage*red's avatar
    vintage*red

As a lover of most things Guerlain, I am appalled by this effort! This fragrance is to Guerlain what Allure is to Chanel...an embarrassment. Soapy cherry powder is about the best I can say. The only similarity with the noteworthy Insolence is the revolving (and in this case revolting) spiral of notes. This is pricey junk. Stay away...

11th June, 2009

misscasey's avatar
    misscasey

This fragrance is exceptional in that upon smelling I was sure I disliked it. I am usually less decisive about scents, and in fact this is my first thumbs down review. This is not a bad fragrance. The smell is not offensive or overtly "perfumey." But it is far too light/powdery/sweet for my taste. Perhaps it would be lovely on the right person. I don't know. But I give it a thumbs down since it disagreed with me.

10th June, 2009

tessera's avatar
    tessera

Perhaps the patchouli spoiled the mix, but this one comes out dusty and cloying with a terrible musty smell, like perfume that has mildewed. Whatever they were trying for, it doesn't work on me. A mess.

12 October, 2008

Ms Rochambeau's avatar
    Ms Rochambeau

I guess I've been spoiled by having experienced a few of the Guerlain classics (Jicky, L'Heure Bleue, Mitsouko and Salimar) in their vintage form. Because of them, the bar was set high a long time ago, not just for Guerlains, but for perfume, period. My Insolence doesn't come close to that bar. It's no better and no worse than the average scent you can find at the perfume counter of any Macy's depertment store. Just because there is a trend in perfume toward this kind of scent, doesn't mean that Guerlain should feel they have to weigh in with one. They should leave that to the clothing designers with their "of the moment" sensibilities and go back to focusing on the developement of scents that are well crafted enough to become the highly sought after classics of tomorrow. My Insolence will not be among them.

22 August, 2008