Neutral Reviews of My Insolence by Guerlain

I'll give it some points for its bizarre, fruit-punch aspect. It is different! Not classy or sophisticated, but it is kind of intriguing. At times it seems sweet and floral, but it is not heavy nor cloying. Candy floss, raspberry kool-aid... yes. The almond blossom note gives it a quirky aspect. At times it is a bit metallic and synthetic. Still, I've smelled far, far worse. Definitely a bottom-feeder in the noble Guerlain line, Hillary Swank or no Hilary Swank...
01st February, 2011
Zebra Show all reviews
Smells like really strong and fruity herbal tablets; I’ve smelt worse, but it’s just a bit bizarre. After several hours it dries down to a slightly too sweet Insolence-type scent. Not exactly a Guerlain classic.
20th October, 2010
I bought a bottle when it first came out (along w/V Absolu). It's the kind of fragrance I can wear when I'm not in the mood to be in love with something.
14th January, 2010

DawnLady Show all reviews
I absolutely agree with Ms Rochambeau. This is actually a very nice fragrance, but there are so many others like this by so many fashion- and fad-oriented designers. I think it is a shame that a company that produces such enduring classics as Shalimar and Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleu, and such masterpieces as Vol de Nuit and Apres L'Ondee, should also feel the need to produce these mass-market fragrances. But, I suppose they bring in the money!
06th March, 2009