Neutral Reviews of Black XS for Her by Paco Rabanne

Find out more about Black XS for Her by Paco Rabanne in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

BLACK XS POUR ELLE starts off rather unconvincingly with a dark cherry-like note but turns tooth-achingly sweet as a creamy vanilla joins the rose heart. For a minute it threatens to get all syrupy and cloying on me, but a woodsy accord, no doubt Iso E Super-driven, comes along to add a degree of 'blackness' and counterbalances the excessive sweetness. Probably more wearable in small doses even if it lacks the sophistication of say, a Kenzo.

23 December, 2009

goldiloks's avatar
    goldiloks

I want to like this more than I do, because the image I conjour up in my head when I see the bottle, and read the ingredients makes me feel like this should be a special scent. I want it to be fun but dark and sexy.

It is fun, and very distinctive...but i dont find it to be dark or sexy, and the drydown (on me at least) smells synthetic, and young. Not unpleasant really, but this turns into something I wasn't expecting. Its just not deep and dark enough for me. And it certainly isn't Black. Dissapointing.

27 May, 2009