Reviews of CH for Woman by Carolina Herrera

Find out more about CH for Woman by Carolina Herrera in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

WildOrchid's avatar

First time I tried I found it interesting, the opening notescan be described as interesting. Then it opens up to a wonderful fragrance. Icould not say it is an easy to find fragrance, though. I managed to identify it and order it from Strawberry.

06th March, 2014

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

It was awful at the first time I smelled it on my skin, and even worse at the second (I don't actually know why I bothered, but I did) time. A horrible fruity-floral-gourmand hybrid, made by three different noses, of which btw, two have proved before that they actually have talent for this job.

What could I possibly say?? Loud synthetic and cloying burst of nondescript mess in the beginning, dries down for a synthetic and suprisingly nostril burning sharp woody vanilla. Smells like a cheap pink bubblegum sticked into a plate of bitter stenching veneer.

Not the worst thing I have smelled, but there are so much better things available.

15th March, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Toothache-inducing opening aside, this has the looks of fruit-infused floral jam slathered over cinnamon-spiced confections. But it is not overtly gourmand. After the tart fruit tops have mellowed out, I get a nice sweetly woodsy, mildly cinnamony aura that seems to be the trend in women's fragrances a few years back. Pleasant enough but hardly outstanding.

29th December, 2010

Theasylph's avatar

Sweet & a tiny bit spicy! I thought I smelled pineapple in the opening with all those fruits coming together. It's tooth-ache sweet and a tiny bit tart. The fruits last 20-30min and then it goes a little incense and dirt. Straight up dirt from the backyard which kind of nice and unexpected but also a little wtf.?

This reminds me a lot of Guess Gold but it's more complex and feels higher quality. I will enjoy my sample but I'm doubting CH will grab ahold of my wallet or my heart.

05th December, 2009

glitteralex's avatar

I have little good to say about this scent. First, the components smell primarily synthetic. It is a lean scent, despite the supposed round notes of cinnamon, praline, woods, & leather. Second, it may be the choice of notes rather than the way they are combined, that dooms this perfume. A Citrus Floral Leather Gourmand? The citrus/pepper top reminds me of industrial cleaner, and the pomelo clashes horribly with the praline. The floral heart lies muddled and unnoticed. Once the top notes have blown off, the bearable drydown is mostly woodsy praline. I get no leather whatsoever. Despite all this olfactory action, CH lacks dynamism and manages to be boring as well as inferior. That's a blessing in this case.

17th November, 2009

Lisaandtheword's avatar

CH is a warm spicy scent on me, w mostly orange flavor, it has just enough freshness to it for summer even tho it's spicy & deep. It has praline & cinnamon for a touch of sweetness, but no vanilla! If this had vanilla I think it would smell alot like Lempicka L, but w more punch. The spicy incense mix here reminds me of Nu's base. To me it's a sultry scent, and comfy as well. The fruitiness does fade a bit a cpl hours later, but it still smells very nice.

11th June, 2009

ausamamira's avatar

Jordan Jordan

I dont like the openning at all ....but the dry down is good

03rd March, 2009

castorpollux's avatar

This very cheerful, cute and soft-spoken fruity floral, is elegant and cool but with a serious longevity problem. Another problem i found is that as nice smelling as this one is, the Carolina Herrera perfumes of late are loosing a great deal of personality, something that didn't happen with the older -and sometimes sadly discontinued- releases. This fruity floral is demure and very controlled, but it offers a good, balanced rendition of semi-sweet midnotes, a blast of freshness at the top and a comfortable, velvety finish. I don't find it too innovative or original, but is more of a "chic" fragrance, even more than Herrera's own CHIC fragrance for women, which i found strange.Cute.

15th November, 2007