Neutral Reviews of Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9

Find out more about Silver Bond / Andy Warhol Silver Factory by Bond No. 9 in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

This is an austere, dry, smoky incense in the manner of Comme des Garcons’ Avignon. As it offers no improvement over Duchaufour’s classic and costs about twice as much, I don’t see much point to it.

09th June, 2014

chapter10's avatar

Wales Wales

I think the opening is very similar to Serge Lutens Santal Blanc...Then it moves into a generic incense...It almost has a slight reference to Bandit...It's nice enough but overpriced for what it is.

12th June, 2012

LiveJazz's avatar

To me, this is a deeply strange scent. I have seen little mention of this, but it smells distinctly oily to me...the sweetish, waxy smell of metal lubricant on hot machinery.

Oh yes, there are sweet green notes in there. Violet, probably, along with strong woody resins and incense. But the part that jumps out at me is the hot metal. It reminds me of a freshly oiled chainsaw, which moments ago was hacking through brush and greenery, and is now cooling in a pile of its own sawdust, maybe next to a cup of sun-heated Diet Coke.

This is one of those scents that I'm attracted to mostly out of fascination. I don't think I'd wear it.

25th January, 2011

Quarry's avatar

Weird. While wet, I smell grape juice. Then I smell a real foundry — metal shavings, the dirty oil that builds up on metal-grinding machinery for a minute or two. After that, SF turns into a pleasant, mild incense with its own personality.

06th August, 2010

Endless79's avatar

For one, this is the first fragrance that has caused me to break out in a rash, so I'm clearly allergic to something in it. That aside, it's an ok incense; it reminds me of some of the Serge Lutens fragrances with their heavy oriental feeling. AWSF has the kind of heavy purple feeling (thanks to that violet?) that many of the SL's have, but since I'm an incense freak, there are better scents out there. If I'm going to buy an incense, I'll stick to the Armani, CdG, or one that blew them all away, Sonoma Scent Studio's Incense Pure.

05th July, 2010

matterjam's avatar

As I'm sure someone has mentioned, this could easily slot right into the CdG incense series. It's certainly well-made and, with the slight metallic tang, conceptually coherent... For some reason it just doesn't hang around on my skin with any kind of tenacity so, while it starts out nicely, after about an hour the bottom falls and I'm left underwhelmed.

14th February, 2010

odysseusm's avatar

This has a soft, sweet and aromatic opening, kinda boozy. It drys a bit, develops some incense. I can smell the violet leaves (not too piercing) and some good cedarwood notes. The iris and violet accord forms the heart of the scent – other elements simply frame that. This is an artistic but slightly edgy-brooding element… like AW I guess. Complex, quite intriguing, but a little too sweet for me. And iris-violet are not high on my list. I think it could have more dry incense. I don’t like the amber-y drydown. I didn’t get any metallic notes.

08th October, 2008

acceptfacts's avatar

as others noted heavy incense and even musk at the top....i'd call it "stinky" but something about it keeps pulling your nose back in to try it.....as honey like sweetness starts peering through as the fragrance developes, it smoothes out the initial sharp overtones...it settles into earthy quiet musk with amber overtones.....overall a scent done in a much more classical style than i'm used from Bond line and is not my cup of tea....but a very well crafted scent nonetheless.

19th August, 2008