Reviews of Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Find out more about Infusion d'Homme by Prada in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

RUDOLFO512's avatar

Infusion d'Homme is a wonderful masterpiece by Prada. I love to wear this cologne in the summer. It makes me feel fresh and clean all day long. The citrus, iris and powdery notes come together to make this fragrance very addicting. I get many compliments every time I wear it.

24 July, 2014

Unvisible's avatar

Another hall of famer from Prada. Fresh and soapy!

16 May, 2014

bugsyiii's avatar

Great fragrance for men.....powdery, light, manly....love the opening! This reminds me of Molton Brown Navigation Lijiang; rich, soft, yet smooth. Although the notes differ yet they harmonize; they seem to be smooth. A perfect summer fragrance!

03 May, 2014

Captain's avatar

Disclosure: I am a woman who wears this scent. My husband doesn't like it for himself at all and I procured it for myself.

Dusty iris and vetiver hit me first, the resins are in there as is a touch of crisp citrus. It’s less smokey than the female version with tonnes of soapy powder. Not a silage monster but I got whiffs all day with only 3 sprays, one on each arm and one on my chest. This could become a staple in my wardrobe.

08 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 22 February, 2014)

Darvant's avatar

A straight forward soapy fragrance with a lipstick undertone, an initial evanescent citrusy crispiness (mostly orangy) and a final mossy soapy dry down. Shockingly soapy to be a marketed fragrance. It possesses an incensey vibe anything but dusty or liturgical. The olibanum performs just in order to support and enhance the neutral soapiness of the almost milky balsams. The note of iris is mossy but almost entirely "lipstick bodied". A scent must aim to possess structure and texture, sometimes the high quality "raw materials" and the extreme skillfulness in the balance and subtleness pursuit by the master perfumer provides a sort of surprising silkiness and the aroma waves in the air as an heavenly cloud; all of it is not going on in this case as the Infusion d'Homme's aroma is just soapy synthetic despite never in a disturbing way. Your skin just smells "neutral" as after a bath with a musk/iris shampoing pour le corps, nothing else. The bath foam effect is well performed indeed.

31st December, 2013

Mark2012's avatar

Crisp and clean-cut fragrance

I was shocked to see such a minimalist clean and simple fragrance to come from Prada. The other fragrances in the line like intense are common and bland. This is a scent everyone can get behind. It exudes luxury and modernity. Easy for a night out or just laying around in fresh sheets. Recent purchase for me, but I'm excited to see how it grows.

Pros: Inviting and fresh fragrance all can enjoy
    Cons: there are none"

23 August, 2013

ces's avatar

The best soap scent I've found in years

This is my favorite fragrance. I've been using it for two years now, and I don't get bored, because I love luxury white soaps, and this scent is a masterpiece in this area. The only thing that I find a bit disappointing is that Prada tends to release variations of the female counterpart, but this male version doesn't get any variations (just the vetiver one, no longer produced).

I'd love that more noses created more fragrances that smell like luxury white soap, but this one is the only one that really achieved it, in my humble opinion.

A masterpiece (if you love good soaps, of course)

Pros: A masterpiece for every soap lover
    Cons:

13 July, 2013

gmstrack's avatar

Oh dear. Where do I start? Infusion d`Homme by Prada opens with a blast of soda water and citrus fruit and settles down to become dry, soapy iris covered in laundry detergent musk and sodium bicarbonate. A little benzoin and vanilla hum in the background and a very light floral note floats on top, but I just can’t get past the soapy, carbonated, laundry effect. In fact, it is so overbearing that I need to scrub it off. This fragrance might work for me if I smelled it on someone else standing on the other side of the room.

I was really hoping to like Infusion d`Homme, but alas, I am quite disappointed. I read several great reviews, noted the adorable bottle, and found the price point very reasonable. Too bad the juice didn’t complete the fantasy.

20th April, 2013

's avatar

Subtle vetiver soapy scent with good lasting power. Excellent for everyday use. Calm and relaxing. Smells like Infusion D'Vetiver but this is sweeter and softer. Absolutely thumbs up!

26 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 19 December, 2012)

vbrown's avatar

On a whim, I spritzed some on the usual spots one day at Sephora.

What I experienced over the next several hours was unique, and not necessarily in a good way. Not necessarily in a bad way either.

To me, there were parts I liked, but I think may be a bit confusing for those nearby.

Neutral because many might like it and I didn't find objectionable.

I just think there are too many others that are similar in uniqueness that aren't accompanied with the potentially confusing character at times.

Also seemed a bit feminine to me. Dior Homme would probably top Infusion for me, as well as several others, without the questionable possibly-too-fem aspect.

16 October, 2012

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Much better then terre d hermes, this is one office scent, smell of cleanness with heavy iris-powdery note, and smells so unisex and much more pleasant and rounded composition then terre d hermes, with that sharp peppery dull note

11th October, 2012

Marais's avatar

A sober, white-soapy, dry and angular iris. I find it quite austere. Not my favourite from Prada but it does have its own niche; namely those occasions when frippery is uncalled-for (disciplinary meetings, sackings, job interviews etc). Good longevity.

04 October, 2012

KSG's avatar

Not really my thing, smells like a very expensive soap. I can't really see where you would wear this other than to the office. Inoffensive and safe, not worth the price tag in my opinion.

31st August, 2012

Shifty Bat's avatar

This is walking the line for me as far as soapy-fresh fakeness goes, so I guess this is the pinnacle of that sentiment. A clean, powdery, vaguely creamy, and just slightly smoky delight of a scent. For the young club-goer or burgeoning socialite who wants to balance the charm of Edwardian classicism with the broad appeal of vanilla gourmands and aquatics. Very nice.

03 June, 2012

Redbeard's avatar

A lot of people talk about this as a good soapy scent, and I'll concur with that, but it's a very different type of animal from Mugler Cologne, Gendarme, or most of the others because it's in part a musk scent. The opening is very nothing-ish, and as people have suggested, it really smells like the skin-plus-residual-soap scents of a man who just got out of the shower. What I don't like is how the sweetness is very metallic and artificial...even though it's not super sweet, what sweetness there is is like encountering aspartame when you were expecting real sugar. As it starts to get less floral and more spicy and musky, this aspect goes away to some extent, but now it becomes a question of whether the musk is too rosy and feminine. (And synthetic!) It's not an over-the-top tour of the candy and detergent factory like Prada Amber, but it still can't escape that same surreal, almost fake edge. As the musk retreats a bit in the base to reveal anise, its downfall is complete according to my nose, and what's left is a tacky post-modern mockery of vintage women's perfumes.

14 May, 2012

Trauerkraut's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Rubbery Iris and Bubble Gum...no thanks!

12 May, 2012

Bostonguy's avatar

Imagine yourself blasting yourself in the face with rubbing alcohol. After a minute or so, you smell a lot of ivory soap and shortly after some flowers. Then you keep the flowers around but dump a bunch of baby powder on the flowers.

This isn't for me, at all. It's really just a lot of white hand/face soap and baby powder. Like, you can smell that way without cologne if you want to.

It's "clean" but not interesting.

01st May, 2012

JeJaJo3's avatar

This fragrance is great. It smells like dry, powdery white soap. With a bubbly note. I also smell the incense note in this fragrance. It's a plain scent. It's lasting power for me is about 10 hours, maybe even more. I think it works great in any season.

05 February, 2012

dollars&scents's avatar

an enchanting soapy and clean vibe ... the refreshing citrus opening, wherein the neroli and mandarin notes interplay wonderfully, yields to an intriguing heart, with its vetiver, iris, galbanum and cedar cocktail, majestically carrying to the squeaky-clean base of benzoin and frankincense .... decent longevity and projection ...

11th November, 2011

Notreveh's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Infusion D'homme opens up with a rich iris note accompanied by a touch of neroli giving to this particular fragrance a soap aroma, a WELL made soap.

Through time vetiver appears leaving a differentiated smell that we usually find in soapy fragrances.

Anyway, a very good clean scent, perfect for casual days.

17 October, 2011

photofinish's avatar

A liquid laundry starch and shampoo aroma that is better suited for collectors of strange odors, rather than practical cologne wearing gentleman.

29 September, 2011

A. Homme's avatar

I can summarize my impression of Infusion d'Homme thusly:

Take one part Aqua Net Hairspray, and combine it with one part Faultless spray starch. Amplify the essence by 10, dilute with a little alcohol, and you have it.

It has great silage and longevity, so if this is what you want to smell like, it's a must buy.

18 September, 2011

StylinLA's avatar

Some of us like clean, soapy scents. This is the king of that. Simple, linear, clean, soapy and it lasts all day long.

Forget the listed notes. Not a lot of subtle stuff going on with this one. Frankencense, my a**. But very well made with an awesome shower gel to back it up.

You like soapy? Run, don't walk, to sample this as another reviewer said. Soapy, clean and surprisingly strong.

You don't like that kind of scent and want something subtle, nuanced, deep and complicated? Run away.

30th August, 2011

SirScent's avatar

A Most Wonderful Clean Fragrance with Decent Longevity.
    In some similarities, a lighter,fresher version of Ocean Rain by Mario Valentino.
    Thumbs up for this wonderful creation!

14 July, 2011

andrewhurst's avatar

In my opinion the second best Prada men's fragrance in the house (under Amber Intense.. which hasn't been added to bn yet). You get a quick 2 minute burst of orange, then dries down to a clean soap that isn't as overpowering as Amber pour homme (which has to be applied carefully otherwise it tends to dry my mouth out and choke me). I get iris notes throughout the entire life of the fragrance which I love. But absolutely get no incense. I doubt anyone does.

28 May, 2011

Buysblind's avatar

Think 'very fancy, expensive smelling soap' because that is exactly what you get and will smell like with Infusion d'Homme.

This fragrance borders on the unisex though leans more in the territory of 'masculine.' It has a formal air to it and works best when a little dressed up or at the least dressed cleanly. If you've seen the bottle and box, you have a good idea of Infusion's overall character, as I believe the box and bottle do a very good job of capturing the essence of the scent.

Infusion d'Homme is fairly linear, well-blended and remains consistent throughout its duration.

As far as the notes, in the top I can smell the neroli and 'clean notes', though I get very little bitter orange. In the mid and base I get the iris, a very smooth vetiver and benzoin. From my experience, it is not powdery at all. It is soapy.

Longevity is very good, anywhere from 8 to 12 hours.

It also projects quite powerfully.

Lacking versatility, I can not see wearing Infusion in many casual situations or even dinner-movie type of dates. In fact, for myself, personally, I can not see wearing it much at all. It has something of a staid, stuffy air about it, that makes me feel restrained.

However, for what it is, and what it is supposed to be, it does its job very well.

If you are in the market for an expensive-smelling-soap scent, Infusion d'Homme is an excellent choice.

Overall rating: 8.0/10.

14 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 17 August, 2011)

silversurfer's avatar

I kind of liked this one, somewhat sophisticated (no, it's not the Prada name, which doesn't appeal to me), but kept getting hints of hairspray mixed with the soapy scent- a classier soap, but not so much the hairspray. Seems to last well, mild projection, but don't think I'll add this one to my collection any time soon. BTW, I noticed similar "hairspray" odors in other Pradas for men, but not sure what's behind that note. Any ideas anyone?

14 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 10th June, 2011)

Grottola's avatar

Infusion d'Homme: clean, starchy, white hotel soap. It's pleasant, but not my cup of tea. Definitely powdery, but in a soap sense. If I wanted a "clean" fragrance, I'd rather wear Gendarme EdP or Mugler Cologne.

Still, Infusion d'Homme isn't bad. Definitely unisex and the longevity is good (6 - 7 hours).

13 May, 2011

rainmaker's avatar

This is nice, although on my skin it never turns powdery, but keeps carrying the neroli and vetiver pretty strongly. THis was a blind buy for me, and it was different than what I expected, much more dry and masculine. But so far, I like it.

26 January, 2011

Giorgio's avatar

Uruguay Uruguay

Infusion d'Homme is a fragrance ideal for a summer day after taking a shower in new clothes ...
    It smells clean and classy. Smells soapy yes, but this soap is a sophisticated and expensive one
    I find it quite unisex. Very good longevity and moderate sillage.
    Nice.