Positive Reviews of Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Find out more about Infusion d'Homme by Prada in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

RUDOLFO512's avatar

Infusion d'Homme is a wonderful masterpiece by Prada. I love to wear this cologne in the summer. It makes me feel fresh and clean all day long. The citrus, iris and powdery notes come together to make this fragrance very addicting. I get many compliments every time I wear it.

24 July, 2014

Unvisible's avatar

Another hall of famer from Prada. Fresh and soapy!

16 May, 2014

bugsyiii's avatar

Great fragrance for men.....powdery, light, manly....love the opening! This reminds me of Molton Brown Navigation Lijiang; rich, soft, yet smooth. Although the notes differ yet they harmonize; they seem to be smooth. A perfect summer fragrance!

03 May, 2014

Mark2012's avatar

Crisp and clean-cut fragrance

I was shocked to see such a minimalist clean and simple fragrance to come from Prada. The other fragrances in the line like intense are common and bland. This is a scent everyone can get behind. It exudes luxury and modernity. Easy for a night out or just laying around in fresh sheets. Recent purchase for me, but I'm excited to see how it grows.

Pros: Inviting and fresh fragrance all can enjoy
    Cons: there are none"

23 August, 2013

ces's avatar

The best soap scent I've found in years

This is my favorite fragrance. I've been using it for two years now, and I don't get bored, because I love luxury white soaps, and this scent is a masterpiece in this area. The only thing that I find a bit disappointing is that Prada tends to release variations of the female counterpart, but this male version doesn't get any variations (just the vetiver one, no longer produced).

I'd love that more noses created more fragrances that smell like luxury white soap, but this one is the only one that really achieved it, in my humble opinion.

A masterpiece (if you love good soaps, of course)

Pros: A masterpiece for every soap lover
    Cons:

13 July, 2013

's avatar

Subtle vetiver soapy scent with good lasting power. Excellent for everyday use. Calm and relaxing. Smells like Infusion D'Vetiver but this is sweeter and softer. Absolutely thumbs up!

26 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 19 December, 2012)

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Much better then terre d hermes, this is one office scent, smell of cleanness with heavy iris-powdery note, and smells so unisex and much more pleasant and rounded composition then terre d hermes, with that sharp peppery dull note

11th October, 2012

Marais's avatar

A sober, white-soapy, dry and angular iris. I find it quite austere. Not my favourite from Prada but it does have its own niche; namely those occasions when frippery is uncalled-for (disciplinary meetings, sackings, job interviews etc). Good longevity.

04 October, 2012

Shifty Bat's avatar

This is walking the line for me as far as soapy-fresh fakeness goes, so I guess this is the pinnacle of that sentiment. A clean, powdery, vaguely creamy, and just slightly smoky delight of a scent. For the young club-goer or burgeoning socialite who wants to balance the charm of Edwardian classicism with the broad appeal of vanilla gourmands and aquatics. Very nice.

03 June, 2012

JeJaJo3's avatar

This fragrance is great. It smells like dry, powdery white soap. With a bubbly note. I also smell the incense note in this fragrance. It's a plain scent. It's lasting power for me is about 10 hours, maybe even more. I think it works great in any season.

05 February, 2012

dollars&scents's avatar

an enchanting soapy and clean vibe ... the refreshing citrus opening, wherein the neroli and mandarin notes interplay wonderfully, yields to an intriguing heart, with its vetiver, iris, galbanum and cedar cocktail, majestically carrying to the squeaky-clean base of benzoin and frankincense .... decent longevity and projection ...

11th November, 2011

Notreveh's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Infusion D'homme opens up with a rich iris note accompanied by a touch of neroli giving to this particular fragrance a soap aroma, a WELL made soap.

Through time vetiver appears leaving a differentiated smell that we usually find in soapy fragrances.

Anyway, a very good clean scent, perfect for casual days.

17 October, 2011

StylinLA's avatar

Some of us like clean, soapy scents. This is the king of that. Simple, linear, clean, soapy and it lasts all day long.

Forget the listed notes. Not a lot of subtle stuff going on with this one. Frankencense, my a**. But very well made with an awesome shower gel to back it up.

You like soapy? Run, don't walk, to sample this as another reviewer said. Soapy, clean and surprisingly strong.

You don't like that kind of scent and want something subtle, nuanced, deep and complicated? Run away.

30th August, 2011

SirScent's avatar

A Most Wonderful Clean Fragrance with Decent Longevity.
    In some similarities, a lighter,fresher version of Ocean Rain by Mario Valentino.
    Thumbs up for this wonderful creation!

14 July, 2011

andrewhurst's avatar

In my opinion the second best Prada men's fragrance in the house (under Amber Intense.. which hasn't been added to bn yet). You get a quick 2 minute burst of orange, then dries down to a clean soap that isn't as overpowering as Amber pour homme (which has to be applied carefully otherwise it tends to dry my mouth out and choke me). I get iris notes throughout the entire life of the fragrance which I love. But absolutely get no incense. I doubt anyone does.

28 May, 2011

Buysblind's avatar

Think 'very fancy, expensive smelling soap' because that is exactly what you get and will smell like with Infusion d'Homme.

This fragrance borders on the unisex though leans more in the territory of 'masculine.' It has a formal air to it and works best when a little dressed up or at the least dressed cleanly. If you've seen the bottle and box, you have a good idea of Infusion's overall character, as I believe the box and bottle do a very good job of capturing the essence of the scent.

Infusion d'Homme is fairly linear, well-blended and remains consistent throughout its duration.

As far as the notes, in the top I can smell the neroli and 'clean notes', though I get very little bitter orange. In the mid and base I get the iris, a very smooth vetiver and benzoin. From my experience, it is not powdery at all. It is soapy.

Longevity is very good, anywhere from 8 to 12 hours.

It also projects quite powerfully.

Lacking versatility, I can not see wearing Infusion in many casual situations or even dinner-movie type of dates. In fact, for myself, personally, I can not see wearing it much at all. It has something of a staid, stuffy air about it, that makes me feel restrained.

However, for what it is, and what it is supposed to be, it does its job very well.

If you are in the market for an expensive-smelling-soap scent, Infusion d'Homme is an excellent choice.

Overall rating: 8.0/10.

14 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 17 August, 2011)

rainmaker's avatar

This is nice, although on my skin it never turns powdery, but keeps carrying the neroli and vetiver pretty strongly. THis was a blind buy for me, and it was different than what I expected, much more dry and masculine. But so far, I like it.

26 January, 2011

Giorgio's avatar

Uruguay Uruguay

Infusion d'Homme is a fragrance ideal for a summer day after taking a shower in new clothes ...
    It smells clean and classy. Smells soapy yes, but this soap is a sophisticated and expensive one
    I find it quite unisex. Very good longevity and moderate sillage.
    Nice.

18 January, 2011

tonysoprano100's avatar

Chile Chile

This bottle is awesome. I don t have too many words to define it because its very simple and soapy, but the smell is not generic....is something refined and well made. If you want that after shower feeling this is an excellent option....but an after shower of a five stars hotel, thats a good difference between this juice and other clean scents.

"Chic" is the best word for Prada Infusion d Homme.

On my skin I have very good longevity and projection. Absolutly recommend it.

21st September, 2010

Grand Vizier's avatar

This is an all-enveloping scent oozing with refined class. Like being dropped into a Valentino Couture suit. It has been mentioned countless times a very 'clean' scent. As the marketing stated 'like putting on a fresh white shirt'. Neroli goes straight to the head on application, swirling around the wearer like a narcotic cloud until settling on the skin some 5 minutes later. The galbanum sweeps through the potent mixture grounding it to the skin with an authoritative weight. The cedar limply shows itself behind a veil of green vetiver. Benzoin works its magic alongside the galbanum anchoring this almost fleeting fragrance, a stroke of genius by Andrier, without it the scent would only be a shadow of its former self. The frankincense only shows its head a good 20-25 minutes after application in my opinion which only adds to the sophistication of this scent. This is one gents fragrance that should be on every mans 'to get' list, a perfect scent to wear both at work and for some after work play. Dry Martini anyone? and something for the lady??

26 April, 2010

jstrife's avatar

I was far too harsh on this with my initial review. The opening is sometimes a Herculean feat to get by, but you need to be in on this for the drydown. The traces of neroli and iris that persist throughout the day create a bright, not-at-all-powdery accord that makes me smile whenever I catch a whiff. Definitely a body-hugger, you need four or five sprays to get any kind of sillage. Fantastic in the heat!

13 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 28 March, 2011)

Kerosene's avatar

I would define this as a clean, classy scent. Good silage, slightly warm on the skin with decent projection.

09 April, 2010

sjohnjay's avatar

Very soapy scent, with really good longevity.
    The projection is above average, considering the clean/soapy genre this fits into.
    This is the essence of soap from another time and place. I'm not sure, but I imagine this is what prison/institutional bars of soap would smell like. Or soap from aristocracy, a century ago.
    I find this to be enjoyable to smell, and versatile to wear.
    I like it a lot, and find it to be modern, in an antiquated way.
    Does this make sense?

08 March, 2010

dm8m's avatar

Philippine Philippine

when i first sniffed prada infusion d'homme, it was love at first smell. it's very fresh, just like coming off the shower scent.=)

10th January, 2010

CYRUS-THE-GREAT's avatar

Well,first i have to say this frag is a little bit unisex,but despite that there are some other qualities like a being fresh and long lasting,good projection and above all,i like its soap notes.Infusion is among few frags that you can wear even at the morning and not get a headache!
    As i said the only drawback is,not being 100% masculine,but who cares?Its Definitely unique.

15 December, 2009

azhdar's avatar

I just can't understand why some guys hate soapy fragrances.this is a fresh,clean and extremely wearable smell,which i can wear it anytime,even morning,without getting headache.it lasts very long
    which is weird with this kind of perfume.

30th October, 2009

cowboykenny27's avatar

Well i bought this as a gift for a friend who liked expensive things - i smelt it and loved the soapy smell - i kept it and began wearing it . im not a floral fan especially on a guy but i have to say this truly is a lovely fragrance you can smell the neroli straight away and you do feel really clean wearing this one so a definate thumbs up from me !

09 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 02 March, 2010)

Margareta's avatar

Sweden Sweden

A true PRADA, it is DH:s favouriote for the moment. He (and I) bought it after the very first sniff, and none of us have regereted it. The frag is unique! I don't like Infusion d'Iris on DH:s skin, as some other male rewiever sugests. Infusion d'Homme is much better!
    Try also the after shawe balm, it is so wonderful worn on it´s own, for every-day wear.
    Two thumbs up for Prada Infusion d'Homme from me!

19 September, 2009 (Last Edited: 22 September, 2011)

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

First impression: cheap soap, the kind you buy in long rectangular slabs. But if you can somehow get past the soapy accords, you may well notice something quite refined and understated about IdH. And the more wearing it gets the more it grows on you. IdH is so clean smelling you'd feel as though you've just stepped out of the shower, freshly scrubbed. I dare say it beats many gym scents out there simply by changing the rules of the game!

This is a scent that will no doubt polarize reviewers and for that I applaud Prada for the risky yet bold move. For me, the scent evokes memories of my childhood. I was 5 or 6 then and my mom was doing the laundry, scrubbing away at a washboard with a bar of coarse yellow soap. Nostalgia is rarely experienced these days; for a scent to evoke one from as far back as my early childhood, I must say "well done."

03 September, 2009 (Last Edited: 09 September, 2009)

Stan Smith's avatar

The first time I tried it on paper it was totally uninteresting. Second time I sprayed it generously on wrist and nearly suffocated on the bus - I thought that people would give me evil looks for wearing this offensive concoction - too strong, soapy and cheesy. Then I gave it another try... carefully calibrated amount on both paper and skin waited until it dries out... voila!

It has complexity, great longevity and nice silage. It has both qualities of Prada pour Homme and Infusion d'Iris, kind of unisex but who cares - first one to call me girly gets it!.
    Very classy everyday workhorse and with 200 ml bottle works out at 29GBP/100ml

Now I think people on the bus really liked it.

01st August, 2009