Reviews of Versace pour Homme by Versace

Find out more about Versace pour Homme by Versace in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

SocomScents's avatar

This is a safe scent that reminds me 30% of the HEADACHE inducing Guess Seductive homme blue dry down. I want to love this cologne but recently purchased that Guess mess mentioned earlier and it now bothers me. Best Versace scent IMO.

21st August, 2014

OneTimeOnePlace's avatar

France France

I like this perfume so much that i don't even know where to begin.
    Let me simply start by saying that the first 30 minutes of this fragrance probably constitutes one of the most exquisite scent ever conceived.

What I find stunning in this fragrance, is that I always have a hard time detecting the different notes and transitions, i know they are there, but it's somewhat difficult to discern them, the reason being this perfume is extremely well blended. First you may think that the first blast is just fresh and aquatic, but it's much more than that.

The citrus on top, with the fruity opening, and the flowers in the background, are simply gorgeous, making the first half hour smell like a day in paradise. The neroli is wonderful, i can imagine a waterfall of some kind, with the purest water ever, crashing on a soil full of flowers and freshly cut fruit. Absolutely delicious.

The second stage slowly develops into something more professional and mature, the beautiful clary sage and hyacinth are piercing, but nicely tempered by the cedar woods and white musk in the background, at this stage there's also a wonderful salty vibe emerging, making me dream of some secret Mediteranean cove.

The last stage is all dry woods and white musk, with the salty feeling still being there, making you feel like you actually bathed in the secret cove, and dried yourself under the sun, gently lying on the sand.

This fragrance is present, without being too loud, it doesn't need to, it has nothing to prove to its counterparts, it does everything so brilliantly and effortlessly.

Not to mention the presentation is brilliant, where is this wonderful flask coming from, and what is this strange symbol in the middle of it? An ancient god? Is it some kind of ancient Greek flask found lying under the sea, or maybe in an old temple?

A work of art by Versace

26th July, 2014 (Last Edited: 04th August, 2014)

cadenz's avatar

Versace PH IS A BEAST in the scorching heat. Compliments come in like fighter jets landing on an aircraft carrier! I gotta make this sexy juice my signature scent right away! Also, the longevity pleases me to no end. I can't figure out why I had this big bottle just languishing around amidst my wardrobe all year. Now, it's my "diamond in the rough."

04th June, 2014

RUDOLFO512's avatar

It's summer time so I take out my Versace pour Homme. This fragrance is fresh and clean. It has SUMMER written all over it. The dry down is very nice and non-offensive. I get many compliments when I wear it. Longevity is 6-7 hours on me, maybe more.

22nd May, 2014

Buysblind's avatar

I'm not going to go into too many details other than to say that to me, this is almost a perfect fresh, "blue," aromatic fougere. I had been looking for something like this for a very long time, but had never quite found it. Much of what I encountered either felt too outdated and stuffy, or too generic and bland--a mishmash of every fragrance left out on the counter at Macy's or Sears. However, Versace Pour Homme manages to smell very modern while remaining head and shoulders above what's typically out there. The combination of citrus notes and florals is outstanding--creating a scent that is immediately bright and clean, but also enhanced by slightly sweet notes of rose and hyacinth, crisp sage, and subtle woods. It concludes in a base of amber, tonka, and musk that is pleasantly warm and soft. Everything is so nicely balanced in this one, EQed at just the right levels and volumes, with the transitions segueing seamlessly, that it's hard to find fault in it. I would say the only drawback may be that it smells too familiar. Many attempts to achieve something similar have been made over the past 20 years, but I've yet to find any that hit the nail right on the head like Versace Pour Homme. I'm very happy to have finally found this.

Highly recommended.

10th May, 2014

ClarkScent's avatar

The second I ordered this I tried to cancel it after reading it smelled like Allure Sport. They said it was too late so I was suck with it. The bottle is quite beautiful..it looks like it could have come from a shipwreck off the coast of Greece. As you can see from the fragrance note tree, there is a lot going on-although it just smells like an aquatic to me...and yes it does smell like Allure Sport. A good work scent.

18th March, 2014

CASUAL's avatar

I don't dislike this one but I also do not love it. Oddly enough this one gets way more compliments than verscace man eau fraiche. I much prefer the sweet fresh squeezed orange juice vibe I get from "man eau fraiche".

This one is more bold and it smells kind of spicy in a way when compared to its brother.

I always got an over the top compliment when wearing this one. Which is very weird.

01st February, 2014

shane220222's avatar

one of my favorite if not my favorite fragrances. very good fresh scent.

24th January, 2014

cologne65's avatar

very good fragrance from versace pour homme. very aquatic and crisp fragrance. my second favorite versace cologne next to versace eros. has a good lasting strength too.

06th January, 2014

rbaker's avatar

Nice start

The initial citrus and bergamot are pleasant, but the drydown is overly synthetic with a sweetish slightly sickly floral drydown. A somewhat dull musk and vanilla don't save it. Longevity two hours. Stop after the top notes.

05th September, 2013

RichNTacoma's avatar

Synthetic and undifferentiated

I admit, I liked this one for nearly one third of a 100ml bottle. Then, I started to become uncomfortable with the synthetic quality of it; it really could not get any "natural" scents that I could pick out. I started to feel like I was wearing some kind of cleaning product, perhaps one that I enjoyed the smell of from time to time, but did I really want that in on my body?

While I am not one who cares one way or another about bottles, this one is particularly tacky.

04th July, 2013

nyguy's avatar

Nothing special

Smell it before you decide on buying it!!! This smells synthetic, at least for me to the point where I wish I hadn't put it on. Seeing as how I blind bought a bottle, I kept it for use at the gym and then just gave it away...smells fresh at first for a minute.. but then just gave me a headache all the time. Buy Chanel Bleu if you want something fresh and a bit better, or even Acqua di Gio Essenza for a citrus freshness.

27th May, 2013

OCNBreeze7's avatar

The first time is always the best..!! Pour Homme was my first Versace fragrance. It was love at first smell..!! Everytime I have worn (used) this cologne I have received compliments from women. The smell is a soft and clean scent that can be worn for any occasion. The scent is very similar to Aqui Di (Armani) and Thallium Sport of which I recommend also. The only complaint is the fragrance is light (soft) and does not last as long as other colognes. The Amazon (and seller) service was first class. Definitely add to your collection.

15th May, 2013

Don Corleone's avatar

Excellent scent, I wear it in all seasons. Starts out with very sharp citrus notes, then mellows into an aquatic musk. I get at least 6 hours of longevity with 3 sprays. Very versatile as it can be worn sparingly to work (especially if you work in an enclosed office), or let it loose out on the town at night. In my experience it's universally loved by women and I've been told I smell "sexy" on more than one occasion while wearing it. It's one of my best attention-getters aside from Platinum Egoiste.

06th May, 2013

toneyfish's avatar

This is an amazing aquatic/fresh scent from Versace. Unlike a lot of other people on this and other sites, I really don't detect an overwhelming citrus from this fragrance, I get more of a sweet aquatic with neroli and tonka. Because of these unique, yet non-offensive notes, this fragrance is my spring/summer signature scent.

Pros: great fragrance, relatively cheap price (fragrancenet, amazon etc) Good longevity

Cons: projection is lacking (could be a pro or a con on your list)

15th April, 2013

Michael.j's avatar

I was hoping this would be interesting and was looking forward to trying it given the notoriety if its creator. I was very disappointed, but not at all surprised given the house that commissioned it, to learn that it is another citrus clone. It absolutely dead common. I'm ready for mainstream designer perfumery to turn the corner on this trend. And I'm sure it will when profits from the genre begin to wane. I'm somewhat surprised, actually, that it's gone on so long. There's nothing objectionable here, just utterly ordinary. It's been said, but I can't help but think that Gianni would have been so much more out front than his less gifted sister is now.

17th March, 2013

noseferatu's avatar

Versace pour homme is a very citrusy, fresh but safe scent. It opens very generically, like many other citrus based fragrances. If you are looking for something unique, this is not for you. If you are just starting out in fragrances, and looking for an everyday, non-offensive work scent, this could could be one of your more economically sparing choices. I'm surprised that this scent gets so many positive reviews while Bleu de Chanel is so hated on. Must be due to the fact that Chanel is held to a higher standard.

13th February, 2013

silentrich's avatar

This one took awhile to grow on me. I thought it smelled like a chemical mess after going through a 5ml decant. There were things I liked, but there was also an accord that reminded me of dish washing liquid which turned me off to it. A year later I decided to revisit it and I'm really enjoying it. I don't know if I got a bad decant or maybe it has been reformulated. Either way this is turning into my go to summer fragrance.

23rd January, 2013 (Last Edited: 09th June, 2014)

's avatar

For what this frag is it is good. Pleasant non offensive. Yes everything in this is synthetic but it doesn't induce a headache. I get mainly citrus and neroli out of this one.

21st January, 2013

K.O.D.'s avatar

I'm new to the whole designer cologne thing, so I only have four currently. I love this one though. Good projection without being obnoxious, good longevity. It's a lighter scent, good for wearing to the office where you'll smell nice but not overpower people with it.

It has a light spicyness to it, I wear it year round. Definitely thumbs up.

14th January, 2013

Mandrake's avatar

Venezuela Venezuela

Smell like Allure Homme Sport, but without the characteristic creaminess chanel and some lower quality ingredients.

10th January, 2013

's avatar

Clearly inspired by Allure Homme Sport, a little less sweet. So it has zero uniqueness, but it smells great certainly. I'd choose AHS instead of this because in my opinion Chanel has a better lasting power and sillage.

12th December, 2012

weezyweedz's avatar

fantastic scent.opens with the beutiful citrus and stays like that for quite a long time then changes eventually into a very slightly wood scent but with the kick of citrus still there love this one not offensive at all! and only downside is that it might not last that long on your skin but for me great projection and longevity only just a bit synthetic!

01st December, 2012

Márcio's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Great for everyday use, smells good, good longevity and won´t offend nobody.

20th November, 2012

sjg3839's avatar

Too synthetic for me. Kind of nauseating. I'm suprised that Versace would put out some crap like this!

09th November, 2012

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

A good fragrance with pleasant smell and amazing looking bottle.
    The opening is fresh and semi sweet with neroli and lemon which is really pleasant but nothing really unique or special. there is hint of floral notes in the background too.
    In the dry down the sweet and floral notes push citrus notes in the background and dominate through the hole fragrance life on your skin.
    So in the dry down and in the base, you will have sweet floral notes with hint of citrus in the background.
    All and All, a good, pleasant and safe fragrance, great for spring and summer with good projection and longevity.

08th November, 2012

MysteryBuff40's avatar

If you would like to smell like a chemical cleaning product, you have found your holy grail.

27th July, 2012

PAguy's avatar

This is a nice aquatic scent, but too subtle for my dry skin. Soon after applying, I barely know it's there. As so many have already said, it's very similar to other "aqua" and "sport" scents, but I think others have better projection and longevity. I expect more from the Versace name.

15th July, 2012

TXAggie's avatar

I love this scent, great for the office. I find myself trying to get little whifs throughout the day. Just a few sprays and it makes it through the workday. It's pretty close to my skin by the end, but still a fantastic scent. I'm of the mind that if it smells good to you then it's worth wearing.

10th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 24th July, 2012)

Shifty Bat's avatar

I can hardly explain how boring this is. It's like amnesia for the nose, in that when I'm not sniffing it I can't seem to remember it. But it is smooth, obsequious, well put-together, and will probably be a hit with youngsters on warm days. I'd like a little more character in my scents, for better or worse.

11th June, 2012