Positive Reviews of Versace pour Homme by Versace

Clean, fresh citrus scent with lemon & aquatic notes from the house of Versace. Strikingly similar to Chanel's Allure Homme Sport. I really enjoy Versace Pour Homme & from my standpoint it is inoffensive. Scores high marks for scent & versatility. Great for work, casual, date. Unfortunately, the performance is not as good as Allure Homme Sport & I find the juice quite light for an EDT. Still, I can't deny this is a nice release from Versace & perfumer Alberto Morillas. Unfortunately, if you already own Allure Homme Sport by Chanel, this is probably a pass because it is not very unique.
21st March, 2016
I genuinely enjoy this fragrance. The top notes and opening smell a bit synthetic and sharp, but I find that only to be the case in colder temperatures. In the warmer months, which is when you should be wearing this fragrance, the sharpness of the opening becomes a much more pleasant citrusy and fresh scent. The dry-down is just as enjoyable, with a still fresh, but sweeter, floral and muskier tone. It becomes a skin scent after around 4-5 hours for me, with just the sweet amber musk. The longevity really determines on the heat of the day you're wearing this based on my experience, and it's also quite the compliment magnet. It's a likeable scent, a safe blind-buy, and there's just something about it to me that sets it apart from the generic "fresh" crowd of fragrances. Definitely will be on my go-to list for spring and summer.

8.5/10 scent
7/10 longevity
7.5/10 sillage (about two arms lengths on my skin)
8/10 compliments
29th February, 2016
06th February, 2016

Ok, so a year and a half ago, I had the original Armani Pour Homme, CK One and L'Eau d'Issey on my shelves, and these were the frags I wore in college which I've stayed loyal to for oh, 25 years. One random night, I was watching U2be and though I started with replays of World cup soccer matches, I somehow ended up watching Jeremy Fragrance rave about La Nuit (don't know how that happened, never watched a frag review before that - ever) and bought that Dior Homme, Channel Allure and a few others - and sadly, haven't stopped.

This is one of the first dozen or so I bought, and I got it because I wanted to get something similar to CK One or L'Eau d'Issey that wasn't Aqua di Gio (and if I'm honest, because it was a lot cheaper than the YSLs and Diors and ADG wasn't - still isn't, though I caved and got it). I thought it serviceable, and grew to really like it, but I didn't love it. I really loved Light Blue for women, and kept looking for a freshie like that for men and found it in Versace Eau Fraische, which I slightly prefer to this.

But, although I mostly wear frags for myself, and have blind-bought 90% of the 150-170 frags I now have, this along with La Nuit have consistently gotten me compliments, and even some of my overly-olfactorily-sensitive female co-workers who've complained about my generous spritzer finger have spat out begrudging compliments for this and La Nuit, as well as strangers galore. The most forward and sexually suggestive compliments I have ever gotten, have been behind this and La Nuit.

One of my exes was going through her parents' divorce a couple of months ago and she used to cry holding those 2 bottles in her hands and sniffing the sprayer to comfort herself when she stayed over and made me wear either or for nearly the whole time I was with her (about a year?) - they made their way into her purse a couple of times and I liberated them always, part of the reason we're exes I guess. Whatever charms I didn't see in this and La Nuit, I can not deny that women find them monumentally handsome scents. And, I'm not the hunkiest guy around, and some of the compliments I got with this pair were over the top suggestive.

My 2 cents, and my first review here. Yay!
03rd December, 2015
A very solid release by Versace line in my opinion. It starts with a sharp lemon citrus that is backed up by some sweetness. This sweetness (which I believe to be the Neroli) smells absolutely amazing to my nose. The citrus/sweetness combination mellows out & dries down to soft musky scent. It is a light, clean, and refreshing type of scent. Great for casual occasions or for work. Projects well for the first 1-2 hours, then stays closer to the skin. Lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin. The compliment factor is very high on this fragrance. Almost every woman I've encountered & asked about this scent has really, really enjoyed it. If you do your research, you will see some talk about how Versace Pour Homme (VPH) smells like Chanel Allure Homme Sport (AHS). In my humble opinion, they smell nothing alike. VPH is lighter, fresher, and more crisp. AHS is thicker & more dense. Do yourself a favor and sample both at your local department store. Both are amazing fragrances and worth the money. If you are someone looking for a versatile fragrance that renders positive feedback from women, then I highly recommend you take a look at Versace Pour Homme.
06th June, 2015
This fragrance really is a well composed, modern composition of a style that seems to be the rage of every large designer house. However, I would be wrong to say VpH is another common place fragrance. There's a charming subtlety to VpH that I can't quite place. It's fresh and clean, pleasant opening, calming dry down and just perfect for a sunny day, spring.  It's classical enough to be worn in the office or to a casual evening dinner. Lasts a good 6 hours on me. Nothing prominent here, but that could be the reason I like it so much.
04th March, 2015
Its hard to add anything to the fantastic review from "OneTimeOnePlace", but i had to do my own quick piece on this amazing fragrance. My only con with this scent is the longevity. It lasts around 4 hours on my skin. However, while its lasts, it really is something. And considering the price, compared to Creed or Tom Ford for example...its hard to knock this scent. A smell that truly encapsulates everything great about summer. The citrus notes are a real dream. Transports you right back to a favourite summer holiday! Compliments all round on this one too. Cannot fail
31st December, 2014
I like this perfume so much that i don't even know where to begin.
Let me simply start by saying that the first 30 minutes of this fragrance probably constitutes one of the most exquisite scent ever conceived.

What I find stunning in this fragrance, is that I always have a hard time detecting the different notes and transitions, i know they are there, but it's somewhat difficult to discern them, the reason being this perfume is extremely well blended. First you may think that the first blast is just fresh and aquatic, but it's much more than that.

The citrus on top, with the fruity opening, and the flowers in the background, are simply gorgeous, making the first half hour smell like a day in paradise. The neroli is wonderful, i can imagine a waterfall of some kind, with the purest water ever, crashing on a soil full of flowers and freshly cut fruit. Absolutely delicious.

The second stage slowly develops into something more professional and mature, the beautiful clary sage and hyacinth are piercing, but nicely tempered by the cedar woods and white musk in the background, at this stage there's also a wonderful salty vibe emerging, making me dream of some secret Mediteranean cove.

The last stage is all dry woods and white musk, with the salty feeling still being there, making you feel like you actually bathed in the secret cove, and dried yourself under the sun, gently lying on the sand.

This fragrance is present, without being too loud, it doesn't need to, it has nothing to prove to its counterparts, it does everything so brilliantly and effortlessly.

Not to mention the presentation is brilliant, where is this wonderful flask coming from, and what is this strange symbol in the middle of it? An ancient god? Is it some kind of ancient Greek flask found lying under the sea, or maybe in an old temple?

A work of art by Versace

26th July, 2014 (last edited: 04th August, 2014)
cadenz Show all reviews
Versace PH IS A BEAST in the scorching heat. Compliments come in like fighter jets landing on an aircraft carrier! I gotta make this sexy juice my signature scent right away! Also, the longevity pleases me to no end. I can't figure out why I had this big bottle just languishing around amidst my wardrobe all year. Now, it's my "diamond in the rough."
04th June, 2014
It's summer time so I take out my Versace pour Homme. This fragrance is fresh and clean. It has SUMMER written all over it. The dry down is very nice and non-offensive. I get many compliments when I wear it. Longevity is 6-7 hours on me, maybe more.
22nd May, 2014
I'm not going to go into too many details other than to say that to me, this is almost a perfect fresh, "blue," aromatic fougere. I had been looking for something like this for a very long time, but had never quite found it. Much of what I encountered either felt too outdated and stuffy, or too generic and bland--a mishmash of every fragrance left out on the counter at Macy's or Sears. However, Versace Pour Homme manages to smell very modern while remaining head and shoulders above what's typically out there. The combination of citrus notes and florals is outstanding--creating a scent that is immediately bright and clean, but also enhanced by slightly sweet notes of rose and hyacinth, crisp sage, and subtle woods. It concludes in a base of amber, tonka, and musk that is pleasantly warm and soft. Everything is so nicely balanced in this one, EQed at just the right levels and volumes, with the transitions segueing seamlessly, that it's hard to find fault in it. I would say the only drawback may be that it smells too familiar. Many attempts to achieve something similar have been made over the past 20 years, but I've yet to find any that hit the nail right on the head like Versace Pour Homme. I'm very happy to have finally found this.

Highly recommended.
10th May, 2014
The second I ordered this I tried to cancel it after reading it smelled like Allure Sport. They said it was too late so I was suck with it. The bottle is quite beautiful..it looks like it could have come from a shipwreck off the coast of Greece. As you can see from the fragrance note tree, there is a lot going on-although it just smells like an aquatic to me...and yes it does smell like Allure Sport. A good work scent.
18th March, 2014
CASUAL Show all reviews
I don't dislike this one but I also do not love it. Oddly enough this one gets way more compliments than verscace man eau fraiche. I much prefer the sweet fresh squeezed orange juice vibe I get from "man eau fraiche".

This one is more bold and it smells kind of spicy in a way when compared to its brother.

I always got an over the top compliment when wearing this one. Which is very weird.
01st February, 2014

one of my favorite if not my favorite fragrances. very good fresh scent.
24th January, 2014
very good fragrance from versace pour homme. very aquatic and crisp fragrance. my second favorite versace cologne next to versace eros. has a good lasting strength too.
06th January, 2014
The first time is always the best..!! Pour Homme was my first Versace fragrance. It was love at first smell..!! Everytime I have worn (used) this cologne I have received compliments from women. The smell is a soft and clean scent that can be worn for any occasion. The scent is very similar to Aqui Di (Armani) and Thallium Sport of which I recommend also. The only complaint is the fragrance is light (soft) and does not last as long as other colognes. The Amazon (and seller) service was first class. Definitely add to your collection.
15th May, 2013
Excellent scent, I wear it in all seasons. Starts out with very sharp citrus notes, then mellows into an aquatic musk. I get at least 6 hours of longevity with 3 sprays. Very versatile as it can be worn sparingly to work (especially if you work in an enclosed office), or let it loose out on the town at night. In my experience it's universally loved by women and I've been told I smell "sexy" on more than one occasion while wearing it. It's one of my best attention-getters aside from Platinum Egoiste.
06th May, 2013
This is an amazing aquatic/fresh scent from Versace. Unlike a lot of other people on this and other sites, I really don't detect an overwhelming citrus from this fragrance, I get more of a sweet aquatic with neroli and tonka. Because of these unique, yet non-offensive notes, this fragrance is my spring/summer signature scent.

Pros: great fragrance, relatively cheap price (fragrancenet, amazon etc) Good longevity

Cons: projection is lacking (could be a pro or a con on your list)

15th April, 2013
This one took awhile to grow on me. I thought it smelled like a chemical mess after going through a 5ml decant. There were things I liked, but there was also an accord that reminded me of dish washing liquid which turned me off to it. A year later I decided to revisit it and I'm really enjoying it. I don't know if I got a bad decant or maybe it has been reformulated. Either way this is turning into my go to summer fragrance.
23rd January, 2013 (last edited: 09th June, 2014)
For what this frag is it is good. Pleasant non offensive. Yes everything in this is synthetic but it doesn't induce a headache. I get mainly citrus and neroli out of this one.
21st January, 2013
I'm new to the whole designer cologne thing, so I only have four currently. I love this one though. Good projection without being obnoxious, good longevity. It's a lighter scent, good for wearing to the office where you'll smell nice but not overpower people with it.

It has a light spicyness to it, I wear it year round. Definitely thumbs up.
14th January, 2013
fantastic scent.opens with the beutiful citrus and stays like that for quite a long time then changes eventually into a very slightly wood scent but with the kick of citrus still there love this one not offensive at all! and only downside is that it might not last that long on your skin but for me great projection and longevity only just a bit synthetic!
01st December, 2012
Great for everyday use, smells good, good longevity and won´t offend nobody.
20th November, 2012
I love this scent, great for the office. I find myself trying to get little whifs throughout the day. Just a few sprays and it makes it through the workday. It's pretty close to my skin by the end, but still a fantastic scent. I'm of the mind that if it smells good to you then it's worth wearing.
10th July, 2012 (last edited: 24th July, 2012)
Crisp clean scent, lasts all day with one spritz. In a world of quickly fading top and middle notes, this one lasts a long time. Good shelf life, I have had my bottle for several years
10th June, 2012
Nice smooth summer scent. Love this one. Cool bottle to. Great for a signture scent during warmer months. One of the best aquatics on the markety today.
25th May, 2012 (last edited: 29th December, 2012)
I really like this one. A bit sweet but has a nice dry down and, on my skin, lasts 6 hours or more. I also found on my clothes it can last all day. An excellent spring, summer scent which has gotten many compliments from both men and women.
07th May, 2012
Great cheaper alternative to Allure homme sport. Smells Very much like it. The opening though reminds me a little bit more of like bleu de chanel
16th November, 2010
Really nice bottle! The scent is AMAZING! I tell you, this is a classic and a must have for sure. It's very fresh, modern, spicy, woodsy and versitile. Very good projection/sillage and longevity. I get about 7-9 hours. I guarentee you will get compliments from this one. Rating: 10/10! Must try!
23rd May, 2010
That unmistakable blue color never lies. I expected an aquatic marine fragrance and tha's exactly what I found. Blue, blue and more blue. Fresh as summer breeze would be its motto but it wouldn't be the fair words to express its fine spirit. A citric bouquet accurately mixed with green notes works better. Definitively a juvenile scent for grown men, too. Once again Versace hit the spot.
07th May, 2010