Positive Reviews of Versace pour Homme by Versace

A very solid release by Versace line in my opinion. It starts with a sharp lemon citrus that is backed up by some sweetness. This sweetness (which I believe to be the Neroli) smells absolutely amazing to my nose. The citrus/sweetness combination mellows out & dries down to soft musky scent. It is a light, clean, and refreshing type of scent. Great for casual occasions or for work. Projects well for the first 1-2 hours, then stays closer to the skin. Lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin. The compliment factor is very high on this fragrance. Almost every woman I've encountered & asked about this scent has really, really enjoyed it. If you do your research, you will see some talk about how Versace Pour Homme (VPH) smells like Chanel Allure Homme Sport (AHS). In my humble opinion, they smell nothing alike. VPH is lighter, fresher, and more crisp. AHS is thicker & more dense. Do yourself a favor and sample both at your local department store. Both are amazing fragrances and worth the money. If you are someone looking for a versatile fragrance that renders positive feedback from women, then I highly recommend you take a look at Versace Pour Homme.
06th June, 2015
This fragrance really is a well composed, modern composition of a style that seems to be the rage of every large designer house. However, I would be wrong to say VpH is another common place fragrance. There's a charming subtlety to VpH that I can't quite place. It's fresh and clean, pleasant opening, calming dry down and just perfect for a sunny day, spring.  It's classical enough to be worn in the office or to a casual evening dinner. Lasts a good 6 hours on me. Nothing prominent here, but that could be the reason I like it so much.
04th March, 2015
Its hard to add anything to the fantastic review from "OneTimeOnePlace", but i had to do my own quick piece on this amazing fragrance. My only con with this scent is the longevity. It lasts around 4 hours on my skin. However, while its lasts, it really is something. And considering the price, compared to Creed or Tom Ford for example...its hard to knock this scent. A smell that truly encapsulates everything great about summer. The citrus notes are a real dream. Transports you right back to a favourite summer holiday! Compliments all round on this one too. Cannot fail
31st December, 2014

I like this perfume so much that i don't even know where to begin.
Let me simply start by saying that the first 30 minutes of this fragrance probably constitutes one of the most exquisite scent ever conceived.

What I find stunning in this fragrance, is that I always have a hard time detecting the different notes and transitions, i know they are there, but it's somewhat difficult to discern them, the reason being this perfume is extremely well blended. First you may think that the first blast is just fresh and aquatic, but it's much more than that.

The citrus on top, with the fruity opening, and the flowers in the background, are simply gorgeous, making the first half hour smell like a day in paradise. The neroli is wonderful, i can imagine a waterfall of some kind, with the purest water ever, crashing on a soil full of flowers and freshly cut fruit. Absolutely delicious.

The second stage slowly develops into something more professional and mature, the beautiful clary sage and hyacinth are piercing, but nicely tempered by the cedar woods and white musk in the background, at this stage there's also a wonderful salty vibe emerging, making me dream of some secret Mediteranean cove.

The last stage is all dry woods and white musk, with the salty feeling still being there, making you feel like you actually bathed in the secret cove, and dried yourself under the sun, gently lying on the sand.

This fragrance is present, without being too loud, it doesn't need to, it has nothing to prove to its counterparts, it does everything so brilliantly and effortlessly.

Not to mention the presentation is brilliant, where is this wonderful flask coming from, and what is this strange symbol in the middle of it? An ancient god? Is it some kind of ancient Greek flask found lying under the sea, or maybe in an old temple?

A work of art by Versace

26th July, 2014 (last edited: 04th August, 2014)
cadenz Show all reviews
Versace PH IS A BEAST in the scorching heat. Compliments come in like fighter jets landing on an aircraft carrier! I gotta make this sexy juice my signature scent right away! Also, the longevity pleases me to no end. I can't figure out why I had this big bottle just languishing around amidst my wardrobe all year. Now, it's my "diamond in the rough."
04th June, 2014
It's summer time so I take out my Versace pour Homme. This fragrance is fresh and clean. It has SUMMER written all over it. The dry down is very nice and non-offensive. I get many compliments when I wear it. Longevity is 6-7 hours on me, maybe more.
22nd May, 2014
I'm not going to go into too many details other than to say that to me, this is almost a perfect fresh, "blue," aromatic fougere. I had been looking for something like this for a very long time, but had never quite found it. Much of what I encountered either felt too outdated and stuffy, or too generic and bland--a mishmash of every fragrance left out on the counter at Macy's or Sears. However, Versace Pour Homme manages to smell very modern while remaining head and shoulders above what's typically out there. The combination of citrus notes and florals is outstanding--creating a scent that is immediately bright and clean, but also enhanced by slightly sweet notes of rose and hyacinth, crisp sage, and subtle woods. It concludes in a base of amber, tonka, and musk that is pleasantly warm and soft. Everything is so nicely balanced in this one, EQed at just the right levels and volumes, with the transitions segueing seamlessly, that it's hard to find fault in it. I would say the only drawback may be that it smells too familiar. Many attempts to achieve something similar have been made over the past 20 years, but I've yet to find any that hit the nail right on the head like Versace Pour Homme. I'm very happy to have finally found this.

Highly recommended.
10th May, 2014
The second I ordered this I tried to cancel it after reading it smelled like Allure Sport. They said it was too late so I was suck with it. The bottle is quite looks like it could have come from a shipwreck off the coast of Greece. As you can see from the fragrance note tree, there is a lot going on-although it just smells like an aquatic to me...and yes it does smell like Allure Sport. A good work scent.
18th March, 2014
CASUAL Show all reviews
I don't dislike this one but I also do not love it. Oddly enough this one gets way more compliments than verscace man eau fraiche. I much prefer the sweet fresh squeezed orange juice vibe I get from "man eau fraiche".

This one is more bold and it smells kind of spicy in a way when compared to its brother.

I always got an over the top compliment when wearing this one. Which is very weird.
01st February, 2014
one of my favorite if not my favorite fragrances. very good fresh scent.
24th January, 2014
very good fragrance from versace pour homme. very aquatic and crisp fragrance. my second favorite versace cologne next to versace eros. has a good lasting strength too.
06th January, 2014
The first time is always the best..!! Pour Homme was my first Versace fragrance. It was love at first smell..!! Everytime I have worn (used) this cologne I have received compliments from women. The smell is a soft and clean scent that can be worn for any occasion. The scent is very similar to Aqui Di (Armani) and Thallium Sport of which I recommend also. The only complaint is the fragrance is light (soft) and does not last as long as other colognes. The Amazon (and seller) service was first class. Definitely add to your collection.
15th May, 2013
Excellent scent, I wear it in all seasons. Starts out with very sharp citrus notes, then mellows into an aquatic musk. I get at least 6 hours of longevity with 3 sprays. Very versatile as it can be worn sparingly to work (especially if you work in an enclosed office), or let it loose out on the town at night. In my experience it's universally loved by women and I've been told I smell "sexy" on more than one occasion while wearing it. It's one of my best attention-getters aside from Platinum Egoiste.
06th May, 2013

This is an amazing aquatic/fresh scent from Versace. Unlike a lot of other people on this and other sites, I really don't detect an overwhelming citrus from this fragrance, I get more of a sweet aquatic with neroli and tonka. Because of these unique, yet non-offensive notes, this fragrance is my spring/summer signature scent.

Pros: great fragrance, relatively cheap price (fragrancenet, amazon etc) Good longevity

Cons: projection is lacking (could be a pro or a con on your list)

15th April, 2013
This one took awhile to grow on me. I thought it smelled like a chemical mess after going through a 5ml decant. There were things I liked, but there was also an accord that reminded me of dish washing liquid which turned me off to it. A year later I decided to revisit it and I'm really enjoying it. I don't know if I got a bad decant or maybe it has been reformulated. Either way this is turning into my go to summer fragrance.
23rd January, 2013 (last edited: 09th June, 2014)
For what this frag is it is good. Pleasant non offensive. Yes everything in this is synthetic but it doesn't induce a headache. I get mainly citrus and neroli out of this one.
21st January, 2013
I'm new to the whole designer cologne thing, so I only have four currently. I love this one though. Good projection without being obnoxious, good longevity. It's a lighter scent, good for wearing to the office where you'll smell nice but not overpower people with it.

It has a light spicyness to it, I wear it year round. Definitely thumbs up.
14th January, 2013
fantastic scent.opens with the beutiful citrus and stays like that for quite a long time then changes eventually into a very slightly wood scent but with the kick of citrus still there love this one not offensive at all! and only downside is that it might not last that long on your skin but for me great projection and longevity only just a bit synthetic!
01st December, 2012
Great for everyday use, smells good, good longevity and won´t offend nobody.
20th November, 2012
I love this scent, great for the office. I find myself trying to get little whifs throughout the day. Just a few sprays and it makes it through the workday. It's pretty close to my skin by the end, but still a fantastic scent. I'm of the mind that if it smells good to you then it's worth wearing.
10th July, 2012 (last edited: 24th July, 2012)
Crisp clean scent, lasts all day with one spritz. In a world of quickly fading top and middle notes, this one lasts a long time. Good shelf life, I have had my bottle for several years
10th June, 2012
Nice smooth summer scent. Love this one. Cool bottle to. Great for a signture scent during warmer months. One of the best aquatics on the markety today.
25th May, 2012 (last edited: 29th December, 2012)
I really like this one. A bit sweet but has a nice dry down and, on my skin, lasts 6 hours or more. I also found on my clothes it can last all day. An excellent spring, summer scent which has gotten many compliments from both men and women.
07th May, 2012
Great cheaper alternative to Allure homme sport. Smells Very much like it. The opening though reminds me a little bit more of like bleu de chanel
16th November, 2010
Really nice bottle! The scent is AMAZING! I tell you, this is a classic and a must have for sure. It's very fresh, modern, spicy, woodsy and versitile. Very good projection/sillage and longevity. I get about 7-9 hours. I guarentee you will get compliments from this one. Rating: 10/10! Must try!
23rd May, 2010
That unmistakable blue color never lies. I expected an aquatic marine fragrance and tha's exactly what I found. Blue, blue and more blue. Fresh as summer breeze would be its motto but it wouldn't be the fair words to express its fine spirit. A citric bouquet accurately mixed with green notes works better. Definitively a juvenile scent for grown men, too. Once again Versace hit the spot.
07th May, 2010
Alberto Morillas is one of my favourite perfumers!
Great creations and inspirations. VPH is not such a great inspiration but it wonderfully blended.
Its a woody citrus aquatic with an amber musk dry down wich may not surprise but at least wont offend or make someone sick.
I like it its pleasant aquatic even a bit heavy side close to Bulgari Acqua and Allure homme sport...good stuff!
28th March, 2010
This was at the top of my recent trip to a dept store looking at "what's new". The opening is intoxicating for sure. But the dry down reminds me of department store, and it's too similar to others I have, Reaction by Kenneth Cole and Green Irish Tweed by Creed. Versace is damn good though. If I didn't have Reaction or Acqua di Gio, Versace would have had a chance.
24th March, 2010
wtb Show all reviews
I tried this last week and was hooked! So much that I bought it the next day. It is similar to allure home sport, however, this is more tart while ahs is more creamy with more of a gourmandish vibe with the vanillic kick at the end. Versace stays fresh, clean, and practically masculine. A definite keeper in my collection.
16th March, 2010
A very refreshing scent from versace. Very appealing to women based on the comments I get from women.

The only drawback that i have noticed using this scent is that I feel as if it fades just after a couple of hours. I don't know if it's true or is it just me. I like it but the short duration of the scent disappoints me. I love it if only the scent will last me at least the whole afternoon.
10th January, 2010