Neutral Reviews of Jubilation 25 by Amouage

Find out more about Jubilation 25 by Amouage in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

Border between Feminine and Unisex

This is classified as a woman's fragrance, but it falls on the line between woman and unisex.  It is (in my opinion) a  floral chypre with an opining of floral, salt, and a slight odor of sweat.  It dries down to more salt and sweat, with the spicy floral and amber making an appearance.  Oakmoss is barely there in the background.  I couldn't pull this off, but some men could.

Pros: Rich deep complexity
    Cons: the salty perspiration note is a bit strong.

19 May, 2013

Alityke's avatar
    Alityke

I admire this rather than like it. I am a fan of deep green and floral chypres but for me this doesn't fall into either of these categories. Yes I get a dose of spicy top, yes I get a whole heap of flowers running right through until the very final dry down, when I get spicy incense and vanilla rather than amber.

Unfortunately this combination in the first 3 hours made me slightly headachy and nauseous. It may simply be I'm unused to such rich and complex elixir. I feel a spring day when it's crisp and sunny may vastly improve my response to this

10th February, 2012

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

l get a very herbal vibe from this, maybe cumin or tarragon, & it makes me think of curry for the first hour or so. l get the incense/animalic notes, & then the florals peep through, the herbs become woodier, & it's more of a classic French perfume; florals so well-blended that l can't pick them out, & a touch of fruit, but still that spicy incense. 4 hours in there's a trace of amber, & then it begins to fade into a base of mossy woods. lt's a bit of an oddity to me & not like anything l've smelled before, it's almost as if they threw every ingredient they had to hand into one fragrance. l respect it's composition, but it's not really my style. l think it would probably appeal to lovers of mossy chypres like Cristalle.

13 February, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

I disliked the opening. It was harshly aldehydic with no softer elements as counterbalance. The arrival of incense didn’t make it more palatable either. After around 10 minutes I did detect something floral lurking in the background but its identity remained hidden. And when the jammy rose finally made its appearance beyond the 20-minute mark, it did not floor me. Neither did the rest of the fragrance.

Maybe I just grew bored of it. Perhaps the excellent Jubilation XXV had raised my expectations higher than they needed to be. It’s just that as a composition JUBILATION 25 breaks no new grounds. It retains the classic feel of Chanel No.5 and smells similar to Fendi. While it is superbly constructed I can’t say if it is better than its predecessors.

At Amouage’s more exclusive prices, Jubilation 25 could certainly afford to impress with a little more originality. Instead, wearing it might just make you feel as though you are going to a high society gala dressed in a pricier version of the outfit you wore to the prom 25 years earlier. Others however might call that 'classic'.

04 December, 2010

Merbert's avatar
    Merbert

I find this and Jubilation XXV for Men my favorite of the Amouage line do date (though I am "courting" Lyric for Women at this time and enjoying it.) XXV for women is a Middle Eastern concept fragrance for Western tastes. Citrus/possibly citron, Bulgarian rose, frankincense and myrrh are up front with a wide assortment of secondary scents that I think that I can identify as tarragon, amber (not quite enough for my taste), a healthy shot of patchouli, musk, with the whole sweetened by what I suspect is ylang ylang.

To me, however, the fragrance has problems. One is a pervasive fruit note that simply won't go away. It is very distracting from the rest of the scent, almost cheapening it. The other is that the bright and wonderful initial blast of resins fades far too quickly. What remains is nice in a conventional sort of way, but not what I expected after trying Jubilation XXV for Men; that's more like the early classic Amouage.

22 March, 2009