Reviews of Jubilation XXV by Amouage

I don't venture into the realms of the niche very often outside my beloved barbershop houses, but this is mainly because I'd rather spend the same money on a nice vintage. It's not that I discredit niche perfumers, as many of them are the same ones who make designer and drugstore scents for their respective clients, it's just the most-commonly-found niche marketing pushes the concept of "you get what you pay for" and I am at odds with that, since many of these creations have comparable performance to their "lower caste" competitors, and the culture of elitism that is engendered by the fans of houses marketed this way. Without going on too much of a tangent, it's the same elitism found in car culture (import vs. domestic, luxury vs sport etc), and gamer culture (PC master race vs console kiddie etc), so it's more or less the reinforcement of Human nature's banal side. With that having been said, some houses do seem to be worth their salt both in artistry and quality materials, since a perfumer, regardless of their past client portfolio, will ultimately do better if given a larger pool of resources and have no restraints placed on them based on marketability, which was the original point of niche houses in the beginning. I feel Amouage gets this, especially since their creations usually transcend trend and time, pulling from ideas past and present. Plus, their fragrances are 2 to 3 times the average designer, but not the price of a used Toyota, actually backing up that price with their objective quality. On this note, it must be said that like most niche scents, Amouage Jubilation XXV is not for everyone, as it's a strong oud-anchored chypre with the sharp labadnum normally found in the base of most chypres actually a top note here, giving it an instantly piercing quality not unlike an old-school leather. The neat thing is, there's no leather note here, so this is more or less a leather-inspired interpretation of the leather chypre style, with a true ambergris note (real or synthetic is unknown) in place of the generic "amber" note most commonly found.

That isn't to say this is super masculine, just very gasoline-sharp, and a love-or-hate thing. I personally love a good sharp chypre, as they cut well through the cold air where even the deepest of orientals fail, but also aren't spicy enough to feel stuffy in warmer weather. Jubilation XXV isn't terribly versatile despite that credit, as it simply is too aggressive for hot weather, but it's good for at least two thirds of the year. There's a whole toolbox of notes in this you can read elsewhere, so the fundamental accords to me are the aforementioned labadnum in the top, saddled with coriander, orange, blackberry, and a strong church incense note. The middle is a supporting player here, with honey, a bay rum one-two of bay leaf and clove, plus some florals to give it a lightness it otherwise wouldn't possess in such company. The drydown stage is as muscular as the opening however, with patchouli, opoponax, myrrh, cedarwood, musk, moss, with the aforementioned ambergris and oud as the animalic elements. It's mature while still modern, and feels like a lighter, more tolerable Christian Dior Leather Oud (2010), and can actually be had for less if you don't mind a tester. I like Jubilation XXV because it smashes together very dirty base notes with very loud top notes, sandwiching the more delicate aspects in the middle. It's a paradox with it's church incense elements mixed with it's virile underpinnings, it's gilded sheen with it's musty underbelly. Jubilation is like a devout clergyman with a hidden fetish he keeps from his congregation lest he lose his cloth. This may have been the intent of perfumer Bertrand Duchafour (known for working mostly with niche houses), or just happenstance observation informed from my own personal background, but it's my take nonetheless. It's a kinder gentler oud chypre, and the kind that could only be possible on a niche budget and sold to a niche audience these days, which is to say it's existence is completely justified in my opinion.

What you take away from Jubilation XXV is entirely up to you. Many call it intentionally dated, or think it's a grand composition fit for esoteric kings of ancient times, or some other kind of grandiose thing, and they're not any more right or wrong than me. Is it particularly jubilant? Well, no.. not exactly. I feel as the male counterpart to the lighter and more-balanced Jubilation 25, which itself was a niche homage to past golden-era designer chypres before ingredient costs skyrocketed and restrictions forced synthetics upon designers, that this scent does the best it can by "manning up" the formula of perfumer Lucas Sieuzac (who made Jubilation 25) but at the cost of balance. For the strictly gender-adhering male connoisseur of fragrance, this is a good higher-end option if loud, virile juices are your thing, but for somebody caring less about what sex a scent is marketed towards, I feel Jubilation 25 is a better all-around smell capable of being worn by both sexes. This isn't saying that Jubilation XXV is too macho, it's just too shrill in places while Jubilation 25 is not, however it's only a small penalty deduction on the overall score. If I want this kind of oud kick-in-the-ass, I'll just go full-tilt with Christian Dior Leather Oud, which cares not about how it is perceived. As it stands, Jubilation XXV is a really nice scent, long lasting, with sillage just under screaming, and a modern take on the animalic chypres of old. I do detect an odd ghost note that reminds me of Sea Breeze astringent in places, but I think that's more me than the fragrance so again, only a small penalty deduction. This one is definitely a test first, but if anything I've said sounds like a selling point, by all means give it a go. I'm certainly glad I did.
28th March, 2018
Jubilation XXV straddles the line of modern and mature. The opening is smokey-orangey-incense. Later you get more incense with woods. Reminds me of Mr Blass by Bill Blass.

I get all day longevity with good projection.
25th February, 2018
iobhai Show all reviews
You're a king, and you're in charge, but you're completely free of stress. It's your day, and the weather is perfect. You're in a huge field, on some beautiful land that you own, and the love of your life is with you, and you're hiking together. You playfully pick fresh blackberries in the late afternoon and sample them on your way back home. You pull some fresh hay out from the barn and put together some make-shift seating arrangements for a night under the stars. You build a bonfire with dry wood and you enjoy that moment, that moment where you're with her, breathing the cool night air, with the gentle heat and resinous smoke from the fire passing over you every so often. You share some blackberry kisses as you cuddle on the fresh hay, sneaking glances at the fire while watching the stars above. Jubilation XXV by Amouage.
06th February, 2018 (last edited: 25th February, 2018)

This is a very top-of-the-list fragrance. I only had a sample and wore it to church multiple weeks in a row. Each time, I was impressed by my own smell. The first time, I thought I was smelling someone else as the dry-down smells a lot different than the opening. Superior quality and performance. I will get more of this.
15th December, 2017
This is one of the best things I've ever smelled. I do not find it versatile.

For me, cooler temperatures and noteworthy occasions are what I need for Jubi to shine brightest.

I won't try to describe the complex accord because I can't. The other reviewers are much better at putting this into words.
14th November, 2017
My thumbs up is on the lower end, but.....

My first exposure to the house of Amouage. Jub25 is a nice scent, rich in frankincense, berries and patchouli. Decidedly a middle-eastern fragrance that could easily be for either lady or man. To me it's a gourmand cologne, nearly a foodie-scent that mixes incense and decadent cakes.

For my nose, the incense and blackberry are prominent from application to drydown, with a bit of woods coming into play at the end. Even though there are gobs of notes listed, I found this to be a fairly linear scent with those three notes standing way out there. The ingredients are of the highest quality (one can really smell this in J25), and that's what turned my neutral into a positive rating. If you enjoy high-end ingredients for the pleasure of smelling amazing individual notes, you'll love this cologne!

It does smell a bit dated (timewise), and would do best in cooler temperatures and more formal/evening attire. Silage is average and projection is pretty good too. Certainly not for a younger kid; you've got to be grounded and experienced to pull this off. I cannot in any way understand the cost of this cologne retail, and would recommend decanting with reputable online folks first before dropping nearly 300USD on a bottle.
09th October, 2017
Lots of incense and very Amouage and feminine. I don't get jow this is classified as masculine. Flowery.
07th September, 2017
IF I COULD GIVE IT 6 STARS I WOULD!

This is my favorite fragrance of all time. This stuff is truly fit for kings. When I wear Jubilation I feel on top of the world. The Blackberry is a prominent note throughout which I think is gorgeous and separates it from other middle eastern type scents. Full of mystery and fantasy. Excellent!!
06th June, 2017 (last edited: 17th March, 2018)
I purchased this scent because I wanted an "all season"
fragrance which might evoke a different emotion as temperatures rose and fell. Certainly, in the store, Jubilation XXV was fascinating. Unfortunately, on me, this fragrance lasts about an hour, and the sillage forces me to stick my nose in the crux of my arm. I am disappointed.
25th April, 2017
Ratings are all at the end if you want to skip the hoopla...but:

I'm Tellin it Like I'm Smellin it:

Berries, incense, and booze in a nutshell.

Absolutely stunning. This is number two of two from the Amouage line that are "holy grail" fragrances to me and my personal definition of holy grail means a scent that meets the holy trinity: Olfactive Artistic Journey, Versatility, and Qualifies as a signature scent for the lay fragrance connoisseur. One might ask why Reflection Man or Memoir aren't in this list, well to be quite frank, Reflection reminds me of a JPG Le Male shaken (not stirred) with seltzer water with the florals tones down and the incense turned up. Beautiful, but not an olfactive journey. Memoir is too dark, rich, and brooding despite it's greener side to be considered versatile.

See my Sunshine Man review for deets.

Here, I speak from Bias because Jubilation XXV is my signature scent and has been for about five years.

FYI: if you have any questions about magnetic vs non magnetic cap..here's your answer: Doesn't matter. The only difference I notice is, the cap on the magnetic one attaches faster lol. As far as the juice goes, I think they're the same. I think with any high quality niche perfume house, batches are subject to change given ingredient dosage and alcohol content and oil concentration. I haven't noticed any differences and I have had a new bottle per year until the magnetic ones came.

Anywho, right off first spray, think berries, incense, and booze. BIB is the hallmark of this gorgeous scent but it truly is a celebration. 25 years and still on top! Amouage truly did it with this one because it really is a journey. I get some sort of berry (initially I thought it was juniper berries but it turns out it's blackberries) and citrus (orange I believe) and incense all in one. It gives it this amazing smokey vibe kind of like the one you get in Aventus but a lot more subdued, but there lingering in the air providing some sort of biblical aura. Speaking of, it's the biblical base (opoponax and myrrh) carrying the cedar and floral notes that provide that boozy sensation. Honey, cinnamon and clove enhance this and let me tell you BD annihilated this scent in a good way.

Berries, Incense, and Booze all toppled across a base of smoke and honeyed vanilla.

Please, never discontinue this masterpiece and beauty. Should the day come we will all be paying hefty hefty prices for this juice.

I damn sure will.

Scent: 10/10

Longevity: 10/10

Sillage: 10/10 - I think the aura that this surrounds you in is mystical. I've had people tell me you're wearing something "magical, brilliant, seductive, beautiful, amazing, gorgeous, etc etc" I had one lady run up to me from a Target next to a DSW I was at, and told me she would pay me if I told her what it was after I messed around a little and said I don't share my scents! I told her and she literally whipped out 20 bucks, I said no, just enjoy the scent for what it really is! I hope she heeded my advice or I'm going to ask for that money back!

Versatility: 10/10 - I know some people save this for special occasions, etc...why? Enjoy this for what it is. Like I said, holy grail - holy trinity - olfactive beauty, versatility, and qualifies as a signature. Wear it for that and I guarantee you'll make analogies to Donnie Darko (the more you watch it the more you uncover).

Overall, this is my scent. My signature, my best, my favorite. They say a true fragrance connoisseur has no signature.

Then deem me not a connoisseur, but someone who smells damn good because he's wearing this most of the time ;-)

Must try and perhaps, if one has the finances, must buy!
13th April, 2017
They should have named this "The Fall of the King".

The opening of this fragrance is every bit as wonderful as most of the reviews say it is. If you want to know what it smells like exactly, there are plenty of other reviewers that can do a better job. It's a harmonious, intoxicating (in a good way), enchanting scent and quite possibly the best I have ever smelled. Sweet but never cloying, spicy and slightly woody. If this is a dream, please don't wake me up. It is indeed a fragrance fit for kings and I would have gladly payed the €270 it costs for a full bottle, if this was where the fairy-tale had ended. If only...

Unfortunately this masterpiece also teaches us an important lesson about life. Two hours into the dry down, this wonderful fragrance slowly starts to shed its beautiful feathers. Ever so gradually the dream collapses and although there are hints of its former glory every now and then throughout the day, it turns into a very pedestrian, understated woody smell. In the very end the faint smell reminds me somewhat of an elderly person staring out the window, who's desperately trying to reminisce the days of his glorious youth, when all he can see is a haze.

If you're wealthy and you if like woody (and subtle incense) fragrances, this is the best there is. Nothing I've smelled comes close. It's glorious. But the dry down is the biggest disappointment I've come across in the world of fragrances. Not because it's bad, but because little is left of the initial Jubilation.
22nd February, 2017
Magnetic cap version:

Opens up with a smell reminiscent of fruit jam, which feels very high quality & lasts for no more than 15 minutes & soon transitions to the mid which smells like pure Frankincense with a hint of juicy jam from the top & this phase lasts up to 02 hours.

Further into the dry down after 2-3 hours of application the smell is quite similar to that of a freshly opened pack of Cigarettes upon a incensey/woody base.

I was so underwhelmed by this fragrance. Not worth the money at all.

Longevity: 8 hours
Projection: 5/10

Plastic cap version:

The opening of this hits you in the face. Big punchy whisky/berry/oud/rose/frankincense/tobacco combo.
I was blown away and instantly bought it.
As the hours pass by it loses the whisky/berry accord slowly while the big punchy oud/frankincense/tobacco/cedar/rose take the stage.

Longevity: 12+ hours
Projection: 9/10

02nd October, 2016 (last edited: 22nd May, 2017)
I have joined the fan club for this one: a warm, smoky, slightly sweet oriental, with a dash of immortelle. The smokiness in this elevates it among the orientals I've tried, and I've worn it several times in the couple weeks I've had it. I have started picking up on a menthol smell as part of the symphony, and it works, but it's challenging, intriguing, but medicinal.
01st October, 2016 (last edited: 14th October, 2016)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Absolutely fantastic scent. Ridiculously well blended. Oscar Mike Golf this is awesome. It's honey sweet slightly spicy slightly woody... with slight oud notes... The main players as far as my nose can smell are blackberry, honey, cinnamon, oud, musk, davana, orange and slight patchouli... Just stunning. For the price I would try before you buy if possible. Enjoy!
30th September, 2016 (last edited: 02nd May, 2018)
Stardate 20160929:

It is sweet, woody, oudy and amazing. The notes pyramid does not do it justice. While there are many notes, there is no cacophony, just harmony.
All notes sing together and you cannot tell them apart. A very well-blended mixture this is.

Subtle and long lasting. A big thumbs up
29th September, 2016
For the old white cap version:

Rich and luxiruous spicy-oriental fougere. Soft and creamy resins are there from the beginning along a hint of spice (coriander, cloves and cinnamon are detectable to my nose).

The first thing i had noticed when testing this gem 6-7 years ago was how the notes are blended in harmony and the luxury feeling was there at first sniff. Sharp spices soften during drydown and a general "incensy-balsamic" texture builds up for several hours. Cedary, yet a little sweetish woods appear and the whole blend embraces your body as a rich, mysterious and charming scent.

Sillage is very good and lasting power is enourmous on the skin. So please spray it sparingly, 2 sprays is more than you need.

A very "chubby" Thumbs Up.
11th April, 2016
An incense powerhouse that can be polarizing for most.
It shines in cold weather when it projects out of your sweater and jacket making you feel warm.
07th April, 2016
Future Jason:

How much has your definition of "fancy" changed since 2016? Better yet, how many definitions do you have?

In this universe, you can boil it down to two: tuxedo fancy, and coy fancy.

Tuxedo fancy is exactly that--tuxedos, handshakes, jewelry, marble, helicopters. Helicopters are a must in tuxedo fancy.

Coy fancy is anything you put on that makes you feel more confident, without having to make your neighbor feel it. Good jeans. Interesting smells. A solid haircut. Little things that help you walk around like you own a few real square feet in the world. Helicopters are not a part of coy fancy.

You are not tuxedo fancy, but this scent is. You aspire to be coy fancy, which this scent is not.

No knock on those that don't like this... I just can't see making it work with black jeans and tattoos.
07th April, 2016
Definitely the best of the Amouage line that I've tried so far. The opening is very nice and reminds me of the dry down of Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens. A nice sweet, festive incense. I didn't find the longevity or sillage to be as strong with this fragrance as I have with the other Amouage frags I've tried. I also didn't enjoy the dry down as much as I did the opening, but it's still a nice fresh scent that is extremely wearable. I would like a bottle of this one depending on the price.
17th March, 2016
High, cool, clean opening with hint of fruity/spicy sweetness underneath. Sharp note of frankincense. Then still prominent sweetness tempered by dry woodiness and something mossy and green deep within the scent (oakmoss?). As it dries down the fougere comes to the foreground until it's very oakmossy with dry woods.
16th March, 2016
Sour Saudi Angel!

Frankincense, yes, but in the background. My nose gives me a bitter, sour Angel or to be more exact, A-Men. $300 for a Mugler rip-off? Afraid so.

The bitterness comes from oud - unpleasant enough as it is, but the fruity mix does nothing to make it better. How can there be so many ingredients in the note tree and none of them be present to the nose?

I have sampld the Golds (masterpieces, both) and the very nice Dias from this house. The Jubilation 25 was pleasant - the male counterpart is for me a joke and at that price, I am rolling on the floor in hysterical laughter.
14th February, 2016
Review for the Magnetic Cap Version.

Labdanum Ciste, Coriander, Orange, Davana, Frankincense, Blackberry, Honey, Bay, Cinnamon, Orchid, Rose, Clove, Celery Seeds, Gaiac Wood, Patchouli, Opoponax, Myrrh, Atlas Cedarwood, Musk, Moss, Ambergris, Oud Wood, Immortelle.

Since I no longer have any previous-formula Jubilation XXV to do a side-by-side, it makes this review easier. I liked it 6 years ago and I still like; enough so that I purchased a bottle with the magnetic cap. There are some differences, but no deterrents and the current is certainly not inferior.

What I do notice about the current Jubilation is that it's a more linear wear. The volume was never boisterous to begin with and it remains as such. The Frankincense is the theme on my skin with assists from an array of notes that are fairly seamless. There's intermittent whiffs of clove, woods, earth and herbs and they accent instead of bloom.

Others may experience something different than I, but at least during my wearings, the Incense sits smack in the middle while helped along passively by the rest of the composition. Jubilation XXV has a rather staid totality, but it's completely appropriate.

Formal demeanor or not, this is a nice scent and worthy additional to a persons wardrobe. You simply need to like the Incense note and you'll be G2G. If you're not sure, but your curiosity is piqued, grab a sample and try it. The current price point is far better than it used to be. Sillage is average with longevity approximately 6 hours plus more as a skin scent. Thumbs up for Amouage's current rendition of Jubilation XXV.
23rd January, 2016
We finish our Late lunch. We are chauffeured to George V Paris. With a nod to Concierge we are escorted to our room. It is That Room. The door opens, we are drawn into the rooms by Whispers of Myrrh and Frankinscense, a Forest of Red Roses and carefully placed Orchid. There is the faintest of Indolic. Clothing disappears, the bath has been drawn, bubbles and all. My girl, dips with her toe and slides in with a squeal. I take the shower as any man should. As I finish and gaze, upon the beauty before me, I know I must join. I slide in beside and whisper to her ear. She squeals again, slides out, runs from the room. I follow in moments to find her naked,frozen,mesmerized by the the lights of our Paris. I join her and am drawn to the dream. The spell is broken as I pinch that sweet bottom. We dive into the cloud and to my great surprise, the sheets, the fragrance of Sweet Cedar. On a table are two glasses of Kir Royale.
What happens next? Well you know!
That,is Jubilation XXV.
Frankiechocolate1 asked and this is my answer.
21st January, 2016 (last edited: 20th January, 2016)
The best from Amouage.

J25 is an absolutely fantastic fragrance that would be iconic if it were from any other design house and about $250 cheaper. From opening to finish J25 does not disappoint. The list of notes is extensive and the blending of scents are nothing short of masterful.

For me J25 is a honeyed oud, myrrh and cedar fragrance, with some eastern spice and berries over the top. There's many more notes playing a supporting role at various stages, but the main theme is a sweetened and exotically spiced woods. Totally masculine and infinitely wearable. There's nothing out there to adequately compare it to. Average sillage and 8hrs+ longevity.

I've only sampled a handful of fragrances from Amouage, and J25 was one of the first. I'll need a second mortgage loan to buy the houses's entire collection, but I'm considering it. Thumbs Up.
05th December, 2015
This might be the most hyped of all Amouage men's fragrances, and after finally trying a sample, I'm a bit puzzled as to how to classify Jubilation XXV. Sweet and fruity, but woody and spicy, with some incense, it's difficult to attribute even a set of categories, let alone one or two, to this labyrinth of a perfume. Partly this may account for its appeal, as its more optimistic triers can take what they like from it. But it also adds versatility---I could see Jubilation XXV being worn in a lot of circumstances, formal and informal, cold and warm weather, day and night alike.

I have a difficult time detecting the multitude of notes listed here. Sure, the labdanum is there, and perhaps some bay leaf, but beyond that, the spiciness is difficult to break down. And as for sweetness, I get some fruit, but not blackberry in particular---honey could be there, as well? It's rounded out by a base that includes cedar, musk, and patchouli---again, though, I still struggle to get everything that's described as being part of this.

I'm not sure it rings true to its name, but Jubilation is an interesting and agreeable, albeit not amazing, fragrance. I'm not yet sure I'd reach for a bottle and deviate from its legion of supporters, but I'm intrigued to the point of wanting to try it again. Projection and longevity are decent but nothing of the powerhouse variety. Surely worth trying since it's so beloved, but I'm still on the fence over whether it's bottle-worthy or just sample-worthy.

7 out of 10
04th December, 2015
Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh...

I have a huge amount of respect for this fragrance. It is a rich, deep oriental which is mysterious, opluent, & regal. The ingredients are top notch, the perfumer is one of the best in the game. The house is expensive. What more to say?

Well, for me, it's a great one, but I have smelled this kind of smell before, namely in Yves Saint-Laurent - Opium pour Homme both the EdT and EdP versions. Now that doesn't mean that this one is not unique. In fact, I see this as a better, improved, "niche" version of those fragrances.

Oman is a country famous for the production of Olibanum, or frankincense. It has the best in the world, and Amouage have used the best kind here. In fact, every ingredient is blended well. You get dried, aromatic blackcurrant and bayleaf, honey and cinnamon, followed by incense, sweet myrrh and opoponax. There is also even a hint of oud, but in my opinion it's not prominent.

I think I would enjoy wearing this one. It's in my style for sure. However for the time being I have my Opium pour Homme - Eau de Parfum, which for me represents a really high and luxurious kind of fragrance for my tastes and needs. I would say try first to see if Jubilation XXV is to your liking. I highly recommend it for people who like heavy, rich and complex kind of scents. Really high quality stuff here. Almost a perfume fit for a king in my opinion.
12th November, 2015
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said about the beauty of this scent.

This is a must try for any fragrance aficionado.

I have had dreams of wearing this scent. I will always have a bottle.
It's a bit of a skin scent on me but WHAT a skin scent.

It is majestic.
05th November, 2015
One of the most beloved, if not the most beloved, Amouage Jubilation XXV is simply put the most beautiful and comfortable not only Amouage but also incense perfume in the market. I have a fondness for incense perfumes and tend to misjudge them as fragrances because I like the note very much but in this case as an incense synthesis and as a perfume in general Jubilation XXV stands really high, royal as some would say.
The most majestic light and transparent frankincense paired with spices, flowers, fruit and amber in a rich, powerful and noble composition. The perfume opens with a smoky fruity vibe but soon settles in an airy atmospheric drydown that lasts all day and envelopes its wearer in a cloud of romance and adventure. Bertrand Duchafur did his best here and as an expert orientalist he hit all the right buttons. The fragrance is classy but also easily wearable making it an ideal choice for lovers of incense but also for people looking to just smell great without necessarily having to resort in intellectual compositions. Jubilation XXV has brains but it isn't simply a technical exercise or a perfume that speaks to the mind. It is foremost a beautiful and heartbreaking fragrance and thus strikes straight in the heart of the wearer.
Perhaps some find that the ISO-E Super is a bit foul but as in most cases mentioning a well-known aroma chemical doesn't really destroy a composition. I am sure there are other synthetics too which because unknown don't bother its critics that much. To me this is a superb perfume. The ultimate heartstopper.

29th September, 2015
A sweet blend of honey, flowers, oriental spices and oud. A Persian confectioner's dream.

Complex and pleasant, a real treat!
16th September, 2015
This was my second Amouage and again I feel like it's nice and pleasant but nothing special. It's spicy-fruity but the fruit is not juicy, it's dry, like potpourri. There are so many notes involved and they're blended pretty well so you can't always pick out all the individual notes, but a few do stand out from time to time. On me, the strongest scents to stick out were blackberry, rose, patchouli, oud, frankincense, and honey, and there were definitely suggestions of ambergris hiding out in the base.

I will say the ingredients used are of great quality. How do you know when real rose oil is being used? When it outlasts almost everything else, even in small doses. I believe rose should be considered a base note, and this fragrance is good evidence.

There just wasn't anything terribly interesting happening here and yes it's a pleasant fruity-rosy-oud but the genre isn't of much interest to me.

This lasts forever, I got no olfactory fatigue at all, and they're good ingredients blended well. If fruity-rosy-oud is your style, definitely try it. But for me, I was bored.
13th August, 2015