Positive Reviews of Jubilation XXV by Amouage

What can I say about this masterpiece that hasn't been said already? This is my signature scent and IMHO the definition of magnificent! If you haven't smelled this fragrance I recommend ordering a decant, but be ready, you'll be ordering a bottle soon after! Perfect 10 out of 10 fragrance!
20th June, 2015
Fit for a king, they say – and in this case, they mean it quite literally, because the Sultan of Oman frequently gifts bottles of Jubilation and Gold to other monarchs when they pay official state visits to his sultanate. And if I were a visiting monarch, I too would be delighted to find a bottle of this resting on my pillow.

Jubilation is a richly spiced oriental that has the best of everything in it – an opulent Frankincense, jammy fruit (orange and blackberries), warm pie spices, a hot, smoking oud, and a superbly salty musk and ambergris reconstruction extending it all at the tailbone. The opening, in particular, has a berry and dark chocolate effect going on that’s interesting (I assume it’s the patchouli interacting with the fruit and incense).

It’s very balsamic, from the myrrh, opoponax, and Frankincense, smoky thanks to the labdanum and guaiacum, and very sweet – almost syrupy sweet actually – thanks to the big dollops of honey. Sweet enough for a woman (this woman included). I love it.

Opulent, rich, oriental, smoldering……I’m thinking Omar Sharif with those bedroom eyes of his. But it’s classy, too. Although Jubilation is rich, it wears quite lightly and is a teeny bit famous for sillage that comes and goes all day, making you wonder if you’ve put on enough (you have). A couple of sprays under a shirt will provide subtle wafts of gorgeousness all day.

Funnily enough, I never would have thought of trying this for myself but for a mistake someone made while filling a sample for me. I had requested a sample of Jubilation 25, the woman’s version because I wanted to see if it was much different from the sample of the extrait I have. The sample came marked “Jubilation 25”, so I sprayed it on one wrist and a bit of the Jubilation 25 extrait on the other wrist. Immediately, I knew that it couldn’t be the same perfume at all – this one was far sweeter, softer, and more affable than the Jubilation 25 I was familiar with. I put two and two together, and interested, began looking into the reviews of Jubilation XXV.

Now don’t get me wrong – I love Jubilation 25, and as a piece of “art”, I still believe it to be greater than XXV. But Jubilation XXV is a much easier wear. It has a sweet juiciness to it that just comes off as more friendly and approachable. Jubilation XXV is a dopey Labrador to Jubilation 25’s sly cat.

I’m a fan of many Amouage fragrances, but I really feel that the Jubilation brother and sister pair represent the pinnacle of the house’s artistic achievement to date. Released to celebrate Amouage’s 25th birthday in 2007, the Jubilations kicked off a new era for the company. And out of the house’s “couple” scents, the Jubilations are also the most different from each other. Unlike the pairings that followed (Lyric, Epic, Memoir, and Journey), the Jubilations are utterly different in feel and texture to each other, and even the notes that do connect them (fruit and Frankincense) are treated so differently as to render any similarity between them on a purely technical basis moot.
16th June, 2015
Salutation.

Such a classy scent,elegant yet intellectually masculine. JUBLIATION brings to mind a sophisticated and stylish man,who as a rule,is slightly overdressed for every occasion.I fell in love with the fragrance. one of those fragrances when you wear it,you can be sure to get lots of compliments from both women and men alike.this one could be perfect for ROMANTIC occasions.Sweet, Glamorous,Harmonious,Chic,Luxurious, Warm,Expensive and Impressive.

It opens with fruity accords of orange,black berry with coriander and labdanum that transition to a lovely heart of cinnamon,clove, honey,rose and orchid and manly elements like musk,oud,cedar and oakmoss in the base notes.the smell reminds me of a prince charming a man who is successful at what ever he sets his mind to.It smells exceptionally good and has a lot of appeal for use at NIGHT or during cold weather.It is suitable for a beau.

Sillage?Above Average.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10
02nd June, 2015

A heady concoction that is big in scope, but does not have any rough edges. Amouage Jubilation XXV Man opens on the skin with a burst of candied, syrupy fruits with an underlying note of oud. The blackcurrant is discernible. The fruitiness subsides after a while. The heart is a trifle floral. I can pick out the cinnamon and the honey. The oud and the resins are more prominent in the base, with a subtle woodiness.

Personally experienced good projection and longevity. Perhaps leans a bit towards the masculine side, but easily wearable by women. This could be a good introduction to Amouage for individuals who like sweet fragrances and don't appreciate harsh oud fragrances. Wearable in almost all seasons, except for perhaps summer. More a nighttime fragrance. Perhaps more suited for wearing at home - it has that comforting factor.
25th May, 2015
Jubilation XXV to me is like Reflections older brother with more darker and spicy notes, take out the Joop vibe and add some more woods and spice. I would give it a thumbs up and I can see why its gets a lot of good reviews on here but it just doesn't suit me for some reason, I was going to vote a neutral but I can appreciate the quality of the scent and how it attracts a following.
16th March, 2015 (last edited: 17th March, 2015)
My guess as to what Brad Pitt's Achilles would have worn to battle in "Troy".
11th March, 2015
Jubilation XXV has never sat right with me. It’s clearly a very, very good perfume, but its bombast has always come over as a bit sickly for me. The oud/honey/berry/rose combo is a winning accord for sure, but it’s just overblown and, frankly, a tad stomach-turning.

In true Amouage style, this is hyper-complex—absolutely loaded with “stuff"—and yet it remains both elevated and coherent. It’s very loud at the outset; the sweet fruit accord with a spiced oud shadow is especially prominent, but it’s nested upon a balsamic base that cradles it well. The Eastern influence is apparent, and the fragrance is westernized with respect. It manages to feel masculine and even a little traditional, but all under the auspices of a compelling Middle-East exotic-floral style. And despite all this, I really don’t like it much at all.

First, it’s extraordinarily sweet—irritatingly so. It’s obviously designed to appeal to that sweet-toothed modern masculine market, but one with more refined sensibilities. For me however, it’s too much sweetness. Next, the berry accord is super-pronounced and, although I do find it to be nicely staged against the other notes, it cuts right through to the forefront of the mix and dominates for much of the ride. Thankfully, most of the opening barrage does settle fast, but it settles into a rose/oud combination that’s just a tad too reminiscent of Montale’s assembly line approach to “aoud.” Don’t get me wrong, it’s leagues better than anything Montale would produce, but at it’s core, it’s really just a rose-y oud with berry nuance. The result is a fragrance that I really do appreciate and respect, but don’t enjoy too much myself.

But what is of interest is that Duchaufour’s at the wheel of Jub-XXV—an impressive feat, but also a bit of a sad reminder of his legacy before he started phoning in duds for every Tom, Dick, and Harry. This scent demonstrates serious skill—and it’s utterly deserved of the praise it’s garnered. But you’ve got to be okay with sweetness, fruit, and a fairly ridiculous degree of opulence to get along with this. Fortunately, most people do—but for me, it’s a little bit too gaudy to be a perfect fit.
07th January, 2015
KIG Show all reviews
Having the opportunity to sample, and own one of Amouage’s most talked about fragrances has been a journey.

More than year ago I received two samples – Jubilation, and Interlude Man.
Both captivated me in a different way. One was classy, had panache so irresistible, that all my arguments about the price started to evaporate like snow in the Sahara desert. The other was like a modern twist on fairy tale, but was I ready for it…

Straight to Heaven’s vibe executed better, without annoyance, and chemical residue was the turning point when making the decision to purchase. So what if it doesn’t last 12+ hrs like the rest of the line? Eight to ten is good enough for me.

Tart blackberry and dried fruit dominate the opening proceedings. Next, I can detect olibanum, guaiac and orchid. Immortelle is almost symbolic, just like the rose. Opoponax and Myrhh have a lot to do with the perceived incense aura. If you are looking for oud, don’t expect the overdone chemical, and nose itching interpretation found in mainstream perfumery, it is a backbone, polished and almost pretty. Patchouli is not expressive, and like the oud presses the envelope of spiciness, and woody backdrop to the fragrance.

By the way, all the talk about reformulation seems nonsense. I tested the “original”, according to some. Now I own the one with the golden, magnetic cap, and tested both side to side – no difference in smell, longevity, or sillage.

Very well done, and worth every penny.

20th September, 2014
The almighty hyped up Jubilation 25. "Feels like royalty", "There is nothing like it". A few quotes I've heard many times about this one. Jubilation 25 is certainly a nice fragrance, but I wouldn't say I feel like royalty when I wear it, and I wouldn't say it's entirely unique. To be quite frank it kind of just smells like a really resinous, incense-y, prune juice to me.

High quality, most certainly. That I can tell just by the fact that everytime I spray this on my skin, it takes an hour for the oil to dry up, just by looking at it. That tells me there's a high concentration of fragrance oils in here, which is a plus. Strong powerful ingredients, combined with a master perfumer like Bertrand Duchaufour. Ya it's hard not to like this one. One of the better, longer lasting blackberry notes around. The incense is irritable if you love incense like I do. It's resinous, it's dark, it's spicy, it's sweet, there's a Gothic edge to it. It lasts forever, it projects pretty well. There's quite an abundance of notes here in this one, but the blackberry, cinnamon, resins, and incense are the shining stars here. The base, I get more of an oakmoss, patchouli, woodsy combo, along with a fitting oud note, used very well here.

The thing with oud for me, is it's usually just paired up with rose, and often times fails for me when put in with so many other notes. Bertrand Duchaufour's expertise really shine on this one, and I think it's his best work, out of everything I have tried.

The price.. that's the only drawback. If it were 100 bucks less, this would be the best thing on the planet. If you have the money though, this one is worth it, and if you know me, I don't much condone niche fragrances, price gouging their customers. I simply find this fragrance to be beautiful though. Time and effort put into it. Great use of ingredients. You're paying for the artwork too, and Duchaufour is no slouch on this one. Stunning!

On another note though. It does remind me very much of Varvatos Vintage, which I have. So for the time being, until I hit the lottery, I will stick with Vintage, even if I have to reapply it twice.
19th September, 2014
I got it finally , and what a lovely fragrance it is , very incensy , woody oriental which has a hint of some Gucci's fragrances like Envy and Rush for men but far more better and high quality then those, Awesome blending of so many notes never get cloying , A trail of Myrh and Olibanum makes it dark smoky and sexy. So far the best Amouage I have tried.
13th July, 2014
The founding concept of Amouage is the hybrid that results from a meeting of cultures. Eastern materials and sensibilities, Western methods and composition. Omani direction, European perfumers. Combining cultures shifts power and transforms identity. It's not easy and although the outcomes can’t be predicted, some consequences can be expected: assumptions will be exposed, borders will be redrawn, mores will be dissected, and the full ramifications will play out over a timeframe of generations.

Notions of beauty reflect cultural ideals and changes can be examined as bellwethers of larger societal change. Early hybrid models of beauty, such as Amouage Gold (1983), might appeal to one generation, seeming opulent and dramatic, yet not meet the needs of the next-generation. To them the style might be objectionable, ie. offensively orientalist or melodramatic.

To a younger perfume wearer or someone new to all perfume, the original Gold Woman looks like the perfume equivalent of The King and I, dated, out of step, presumptuous. Jubilation XXV reflects more of the contemporary school of multiculturalism. It exposes differences rather than smoothing them over. Each perfume is a reflection of the perfumer’s sensibilities and artistic approaches. Guy Robert, who composed Gold, is a classicist, and therefore a traditionalist. Gold is considered both Robert’s crowning achievement and the realization of Amouage’s goal of ‘the finest, damn the expense.’ The fact that the apotheosis of French perfumery came from Oman might have shocked at the time, but can be seen as a best-foot-forward approach sometimes taken at a meeting of polite strangers.

Bertrand Duchaufour, perfumer of Jubilation XXV (2004) is more of a postmodernist, and is known for breaking down form in order to rebuild it into the vision he prefers. There is a logical through line from his previous work to Jubilation XXV. From his work for Comme des Garçons, where he stripped wood down to its essence, to his use of fruit as spice, to his fascination with frankincense, there is a direct line from his seminal Timbuktu to Jubilation XXV. I don’t mean to imply that by having come after Gold, Timbuktu is the product of a more enlightened sensibility. The multi-culti world-arts philosophy that Timbuktu’s post-modernism refers to is starting to look a bit long in the tooth in retrospect.

From Shalimar to Opium to Ambre Sultan the perfume industry is so steeped in cheap 20th century Euro-orientalism, that its cultural bigotry, often couched as fantasy, often passes unnoticed today. Gold and Timbukto are styles of a cultural myopia that is common to the perfume industry despite long-standing criticism. (Don’t get me started on by Kilian’s full-blown orientalist new lines. It makes the 1920s French Oriental fantasy perfumes seem positively PC.)

So, here's the thing. Does any of this after-the-fact interpretation matter? My point is that it matters if you bring yourself to it. If you give it your attention, an art object, a perfume, can be read. It deserves examination and deliberation. Consideration and pleasure are two non-mutually exclusive sides to perfume use. Why not take both?

Here’s the real fun, though: what if your experience of a perfume doesn't fall in line with the reading? Which side is true? Critical thinking and the pleasurable use of perfume are both parts of the art of perfumery. But the two aspects collide for me. Gold does have that King-and-I feel to it, that old-school western colonial flavor. It's a flavor I would kindly call distasteful, and more likely call historically naive and ignorant. Yet despite my better angels, I love Gold. It is sumptuous, it is decadent. I love to spray it on and embrace the extravagance! Does this make me a hypocrite? My cold, poststructuralist soul tells me that Jubilation XXV should win my heart, that I should refuse the the thoughtless chauvinism of Gold. But in spite of my appreciation, I actually don't like Jubilation XXV. On anesthetic level, it's not pleasurable or satisfying. On the compositional level, it feels as if Duchaufour tried to shoehorn the entirety of an Arabic sensibility into a bottle of Timbuktu.

Perfume discussions very infrequently play out as an argument of gut versus intellect. Why not? The uncommonness interests me. There is a contemporary assumption that perfumery is not, cannot be, an intellectual practice, neither for the perfumer nor the wearer. This presumption is false and goes unquestioned because we’re not taught to think about or discuss perfume. The Gold versus Jubilation XXV argument tells me that there's much more that can be unearthed from perfumery than we imagine. If an art-form works rigorously with aesthetics, intention and expression, as perfumery does, then it holds that our discussion should rise above opinion and preference.

Let’s be thoughtful about perfume.

from scenthurdle.com
19th June, 2014 (last edited: 18th May, 2015)
Genre: Woody Oriental

2007:
When Amouage first emerged oh those 25 years ago, it was noted for (OK, notorious for) outrageous pricing, rare, high quality ingredients, engaging noteworthy noses, and ridiculous snob-appeal advertising. The fragrance market has since changed, and so has Amouage. Thanks to the current craze for "prestige" designer scent lines, you can now pay as much for scents from Comme des Garcons, Armani, Hermès, or Christian Dior as for Amouage Gold or Dia. Meanwhile Amouage moved (stooped?) to chase a younger, hipper market with "clean, fresh" scents like Arcus and Cirrus. These were less individual than the earlier offerings, and even eschewed or downplayed Amouage's signature frankincense note.

Last year's Reflection duo were a positive development. They were composed by outstanding noses (Roucel, Sieuzac), showed much more originality than Arcus or Cirrus, and won some favor from bloggers and critics. (Pace Luca Turin.) Now, hot on their heels come the two Jubilation offerings, the first since a new artistic head announced a major change in direction for the house.

So how does the male scent, Jubilation XXV, relate to the rest of the Amouage line? For starters, the frankincense is back. With a vengeance! Frankincense aside, Jubilation bears little resemblance to Gold Man, whose abundant aldehydes, sweet heady white flowers and civet make it difficult for some men to wear. It is also a much thicker, darker, and woodier fragrance than the buoyant and well-named Ciel Man. Jubilation XXV is a more closely related to Dia Man than of any other Amouage offerings. Yes, Jubilation is denser, sweeter, and more opulent than Dia, but their frankincense/floral/leather accords run parallel, if distinct courses. With Reflection, Arcus, and Cirrus, Jubilation has nothing in common.

What of Jubilation XXV itself? Fruity top notes - especially blackberry - introduce the heavier cinnamon, clove, frankincense, and immortelle. I give Bertrand Duchaufour, who composed this scent, special credit for his handling of immortelle. With its peculiar bacon and pancake syrup (some say fenugreek) profile, this potent floral note tends to hog the spotlight wherever it appears. Not so here. The note is beautifully integrated, adding warmth and sweetness, yet never overwhelming its neighbors. An ambergris reconstruction in the base notes lends Jubilation XXV a sensuous, yet slightly "dangerous" animalic glow. The luxurious drydown persists for hours and hours and is perhaps this fragrance's best feature. Oudh, myrrh, and opopanax engage in a complex dance upon a stage of leather. The medicinal astringency of oudh and myrrh offer a perfect balance to the sweet opopanax.

Jubilation XXV is not a revolutionary fragrance or a blockbuster release, but it is an easily wearable and distinctive scent of obvious high quality. I believe Jubilation XXV represents a return to form for Amouage after a string of less-than-distinguished releases. Now that the rest of the fragrance world (for better or for worse,) has caught up with its pricing, the house of Amouage may become more relevant than it once was. One can now spend Amouage prices, if not more, on a fragrance and get far less in return. If Amouage maintains its commitment to top-flight ingredients and continues to engage noses as accomplished as Bertrand Duchaufour, it may become a house to watch over the next decade.

2014:
Prolonged acquaintance with Jubilation XXV has cemented the fragrance in my esteem and my affection. In retrospect, this scent, along with its sister Jubilation 25, marks the beginning of a revival in output and quality for Amouage under the artistic direction Christopher Chong. The superb Homage and Tribute attars, the two great rose-and-incense Lyric scents, and the frankincense and spice-laden Epic twins that followed all sustain an admirable trend.
19th June, 2014
Amouage - Jubilation XXV
In the same way that Ferrari made history by building cars around their engines- Bertrand Duchaufour has done it by building perfumes around Frankincense. Both are made with flair, stylish precision, deep passion and fine-tuned with great craftsmanship. Jubilation XXV is a very good perfume that breathes in a very baroque kind of way but is approached with a minimalistic point of view. All notes are mixed to gain a maximal effect on eachother and on the perfume as a whole. This perfume doesn’t show any bumps or flaws on its road and it accelerates and speeds up as smooth as a Ferrari with automatic transmission.
A very distinct rich, spicy opening (with a surprising jammy blackcurrent-note), results in an evenly rich, an layered, intense dryout. After ca. 45 minutes it smells very similar to Feminite du Bois, with the same (gourmand)rosy-peachy-cederwood tone, which I found very surprising, and a bit disappointing because it was familiar. But in a way, that’s a good thing because it has a very mellow, gentle and simple feel to it which gives this perfume a chance to take a rest from the intensity of its top- and base-notes. The difference is that its dryout is more smoky-animalic-resinous orientated. Its also the best part of it- a gorgeous honeyed-frankincense with a back-up of tar/smoky-amber, myrrh, cedarwood, labdanum, peru-balsem, iris, and a touch of sandalwood and oily orangeblossom- it also gets a slight leathery, raw-edged, oily skin-feel to it and the waxiness of beeswax.
Overall the sweetness in the whole perfume is perfectly balanced, and it holds the same intensity from start to finish. Very flowery too, from the lavender in the top, the rose in the mid, to the iris in the base. Great thing about XXV is that its basenotes already shine their light and warmth upon the top- and mid-notes, as soon as you spray it on your skin- great interplay and dynamics between the ingredients. I imagine that this modern perfume dresses up and blends very well with the scented interior-ambiance of a Ferrari oldtimer- they're both classics with an independent, luxurious and distinctive feel of soul, air and beat of heart.
Somehow Duchaufours's perfumes, especially its dryouts, seems to connect and communicate with the warmth of the human blood-stream; that changes, adapts and personalizes the perfume to the skin of its wearer. His perfumes have a customized feel-fit to them, and really settle down on your skin- in their own special way. I guess this links the color of Ferrari-red to the color of human blood; and vice versa...
04th May, 2014

A jubilation indeed! Rich, balsamic, fruity, floral, masculine, dense, spicy... bittersweet tasty berries, foggy mist, honey, resins. Boozy vanilla drydown. A real circus of notes and accords, perfectly-balanced in a light-and-shadey, crisp and elegant scent, more consistent than one may think judging from the complex composition. Somptuous and sensual Oriental decadence at its best. Moderate projection and great persistency.

13th February, 2014 (last edited: 16th April, 2014)
Alongside CDG's Incense series, Jubilation is probably one of the few definitive smoky wood incense perfumes. It's a complex mix of all sorts of woods, made smoky with iso e super and creamy with incense. There's some sweet citrus on top and it starts off heavy on the hamster cage cedar, ending up less sweet with darker woods coming through.

To be completely honest, I don't really like the hamster cage aspects of Jubilation XXV and I much prefer L'Artisan's Aedes De Venustas, which was also done by Duchoufour. Aedes adds sweet spices and ups the smoke, creating an experience that's even more dense and charismatic. Anyway, XXV deserves a thumbs up, but I don't really need a bottle.
29th January, 2014
a true combination of Costume National pour homme and Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme.
great longevity for this,nice creation from oman.
25th December, 2013
Sumptuous oriental fougere

Oh Jubilation, you are so close to perfection! If I could get just another hour or so out of you, you would easily be my favorite fragrance. Instead, I must enjoy you for the 4-5 hours of sheer beauty you give me, knowing all the while that our time together is too brief.

There is a reason why Jubilation for Men is almost universally adored by the fragrance community. It is so rich, so sumptuous, so complex, so changing that it keeps your interest piqued at all times. After an initial sweet burst of blackberries and sweet myrrh, it quickly move into the beautiful, long heart note that defines this fragrance.

Ambergris, patchouli, vanilla, labdanum, honey, myrrh, musk...and so much more. It is all there, playfully and sweetly dancing around your body. I've had more compliments with this fragrance than any other, with female colleagues coming back in for a "second hug" or handshake upon detecting it. The heart notes are truly beyond compare.

Some have referred to an odd quality about Jubilation in which the scent seems to be there one moment and then disappear the next, a kind of "ghosting." This is, in my opinion, part of its charm. There is an almost living quality about it, as if it is consciously interacting with you. Marvelous!

The base notes are as advertised: labdanum, oakmoss, clove, and perhaps some rose. They are like the golden embers of a nightlong fire, around which many stories were told.

My only complaint is the longevity, which doesn't seem up to the usual Amouage standards. This is an eau de parfum, and given Amouage's reputation, I was expecting 8-10 hours. Instead, I get 5-6. Not terrible, but not nearly as much as I'd like, especially given the price. The lifespan is all the more tragic given how much I love the scent!

Numbers:

Scent: 10/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 7/10

Pros: The best heart notes I've ever experienced
Cons: Unsatisfying longevity"

10th July, 2013
Spicy Incense

This is neither all incense, nor all spice.  There is an orange and clove opening, with some cooking spices Pepper, Cinnamon/nutmeg/clove...Next there is non-cooking incense notes...frankincense, Myrrh, They blend nicely, There is a 'green' sharp note...perhaps the myrrh mixing with something, that is off-putting to me.  Not the best in the Amouage line.

Pros: Nice smell, rich spice and incense
Cons: There is a "green" note that bothers me a bit

19th May, 2013
Another hit with this one. Light honeyed orange with cinnamon and spices. Light wood (oud) and cederwood as well. Very unique. A great powdery wood which is good the spring and summer months. But, I would use this one all year round. 8+ hours of longevity on my skin. 9.5 out of 10.
14th May, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
Gentle citrus, incense, coriander and labdanum make a top note that in spite of it's spiciness retains a freshness that can be missing in other Amouages. A complex floral drydown with added wood and musk is very well and smoothly blended. Less heavy than other orientals of the same house.
26th April, 2013
"Please don't make me pick a favorite scent; it isn't fair." OK, this is it. Exotic and erotic. A Sultans tent, the Grand Bazaar, a beautiful Middle Eastern Prince, Eartha Kitt, King Tut and a Pirate from the Caribbean.
15th April, 2013
Ahh where to begin with this scent? This is a very comforting fragrance to me it reminds me of a Catholic church in a good way. I get a lot of the frankinsense, orange and blackberry and all sorts of dried fruit in the opening. In the middle I get honey, cinnamon, clove and gaiac wood. At the end I get myrrh, cedar, musk, ambergris and oud. Jubilation XXV to me is a very complete fragrance. I can't find anything about it I don't like which is rare. Everything seems to work so well together. The only bad thing bad about it is the price... Ouch
27th January, 2013
This is my favourite fragrance to date.

I came across Jubilation XXV only by chance. I was viewing prices on a website for Idole De Lubin (more on this elsewhere) at a at a high end perfume retailer in Auburn, Melbourne, Australia. Two Caveats on this review. Firstly, its the climes of Australia I wear this scent. Secondly, as a matter of course, I find I write in a conservative, sophisticated, analytical "professional manner". So, I apologise in advance to anyone who finds I am over the top with this review........ but i felt like a pig scratching for a truffle when i first smelled this ...... The blackberry ... the smell of real, pure blackberry and the rosy smell of labdanum is something else. Then a fresh mix of all sorts of incense and mryhh that hits delicately, but obviously, right through my to the sinuses in a beautiful way. As the hours and hours go by the deep honey notes and woods and incenses and musky notes of all description just keep going and going and going. I wear this ANY day of the week, any time of the day and ANY day of the year as the mood takes me, regardless of whether I wear a Tshirt or suit or leather.... It really is simply the most versatile and longest lasting multi dimensional scent(s) that I have ever smelled. It really is something you should try. It is expensive, so try it before you buy. When it comes to projection this really is very hard to beat. It is sophisticated, complex and multi layered. For longevity...Well I have a secret to tell you.... I deliberately spray my clothing with this fragrance. For example, I have business suits specifically reserved for this scent.... I just spray it on. I can smell it days afterwards in my wardrobe... It really is something else. Can someone suggest something to compliment it as a scent (not replace it) ?
06th January, 2013
oriental chocolate flakes
20th December, 2012
Man, oh man. I make no bones about my love for Amouage fragrances. They are my choice for ANY scent that works. Jube XXV is an absolute wonder. Two sprays, and I'm sublime for hours and hours... in fact, a dose usually lasts 24 hours on my skin. A true gentleman's scent, this one is a true winner in my collection.

As I've stated before, Amouage can do no wrong. Jube XXV has the heart of ALL Amouage fragrances, as they all bewilder with incense. For me, the opening enchants me with fruity celery. I have always loved celery seed in a fragrance, and this one just makes it that much nicer with an addition of coriander, berries, rose (Thank you, Amouage, for creating THE ultimate masculine rose scents!), and cedar. At its heart, this could be considered a gourmand-y scent, but what we're getting is a true uplift from the spices.

There are other Amouage scents that give me that "desert caravan/spice market" vibe, but this one has something else at its core. A good-natured gentleman would appreciate the almost youthful appeal that this one possesses. This is not to say that somebody in their teens or twenties could pull it off. This is for a guy in their 30s, 40s, and up. This is for the man who wants to stand out as a man of passion, importance, and an iron fist, yet still chuckles at old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

I wear this to the clubs on occasion, and it gets quite an interesting reaction, mostly "hmmm... what is that?"... I'm assuming that in the city where I live, nobody knows the aroma of class and positivity. Jubilation, indeed. Both thumbs way up, followed by hearty applause. Go, Amouage, go!
10th December, 2012 (last edited: 16th December, 2012)
I'm not an expert, but this is what I get:
Incensy. A little sweet, maybe from dried fruits. Some oud. Very complicated. The notes all merge together making it hard to pick out notes.

I only have a sample, so I can't really comment on projection and longevity, but is seems weaker than I would like, and this juice is not cheap.

I hate to say this, but it kind of reminds me of a 10x better version of Burberry London. Over all highly recommended but at this price you can also afford to look at other things.
09th December, 2012
A great fragrance with so pleasant, classy and well balanced smell and also sky high price!
The opening of this fragrance is strong and sweet fruity scent surrounded with a lot of spice and hint of woodsy notes in the background.
The fruity note is very pleasant and it's not synthetic. The blueberry?! I didn't smell this fruit but this fragrance smell something like mixture of peach and bananas to my nose but just like what other people mentioned, it's more like dried fruits not the fresh ones.
The sweetness from amber is strong and mixing with strong spice which comes from cinnamon and hint of woodsy notes which are muted and they are in the background, make Jubilation a great choice for fall and winter.
Please do not use this in high heat because first of all, it's going to choke yourself and after that other people around you!
Definitely it's a cold weather fragrance.
The packaging and the bottle itself is stunning. very great and high quality package and so beautiful and elegant bottle.
Now it's time to talk about the projection and the longevity.
I'm telling you guys. it's not a long lasting fragrance and also the projection isn't that great!
I get around 6-8 hours from it and it project only for 2-3 hours on my skin and after that it's a skin scent fragrance.
It's a great fragrance with extremely high quality and so complex scent but above average projection and longevity.
08th November, 2012
Analysis, while often useful, can be debilitating: it can transform us into cold, detached warmongers who can't allow beauty to be beautiful. But perfumes like Jubiltion XXV shut that analysis up. XXV is beautiful. And nothing, not even the most seasoned grouch can take that away.
17th October, 2012
Just purchased a bottle of the so much talked about juice from Amouage..When i first tried it got the fruity, incense, maybe some oud in there also, syrupy and heavy scent, i was like mmmmmmmm smells so good, after wearing it i felt it almost disapear in a matter of hours, so i was a little dissapointed initially.

Thw next time i wore this bad boy, noticed that even though it feels like its fading away its actually not, dont know how to describe this, but through the evening i went out to dinner with my wife and i kept gettign whifs of the fragrance as i was walking, sitting, talking and was feeling kinda good that i was smelling it around me,, going into 6 hours i walked in to a pizza shop to pick up a 6 pack and while i was paying 2 girls came running out from the back kitchen asking " who smelled so damn good" i kept quiet but they came up to me and told me " its you" ..lol i was like, i can see that..they told me how i dare walk in to a crowd of woman smelling so yummy,, i walked out with a smile, knowing that the money i had spent on this gem was well worth it,,,it made my day and possibly the strongest compliment i have recieved from a fragrance.. Thumps up for Jubilation xxv, just when you think it has no lasting power, people around you make you think otherwise
01st October, 2012
It's interesting to note that the ad design always matches the fragrance in my opinion. The fragrance does have a sparkle at the top that is light but always present. It is not a dark scent (hence the moon shining), but it does have a depth to it that is cool and mysterious. Anyway, enough about the ad. Let me break down the scent for you. :)

It opens with a freshness I'm not used to in Amouage. It wafts a sweetness I like. I immediately sense a syrupy back-of-the-throat sweetness similar to the one in Parfum d'Empire Aziyade, Amouage Memoir, and good licorice scents; not in your face, but lightly trailing along in the air like a mini fairy godmother. Closer to skin I smell the spices, and an oudh-like wet wood. The musty patchouli comes out eagerly on my skin. I am not a patchouli hater - many are - but I am not a patchouli lover either. Patch, for me, is like one of those things in life you know is just wrong, but can't stop enjoying. It has an ancient feeling that appeals to the primal instincts, and together with the gorgeously blended resins and that sweet syrupy fruit trail still popping in once in a while, it smells like I would like my man - or myself - to smell.

I actually find the Jubilation 25 (for women) to be drier, spicier, and less appealing. This has a sweetness that is countered by the spices from Jubilation 25, but only a bit. I'm not in love with how it is on my skin (when I sniff it close) when it first opens, but the wafting it provides is heavenly. I think the way the sweetness sometimes disappears may cause some women to stray away from it, if they prefer their juice sweet. There is a beautiful balance between sweet and spicy woods, and there definitely is a "power" in here that one could describe as masculine.

It dries down to a powdery soft wood that reminds me of an oil I love called Sirius Black. It also has immortelle in it, so that might be it. The woods and the musk combine at the base to create a skin scent that is cool, rounded and a total chameleon. I dare you to try to name notes with this (or any Amouage in general, as they are so skilfully blended) - different notes keep showing up, which I consider to be the sign of a beautifully crafted scent. The sweet wafting continues, and to be honest - I'm not sure I want to keep analysing this one. It's so gorgeous that I keep feeling inadequate with my little perfume knowledge.

The big question is: would I wear it though? Yes, PLEASE. It's very classy, definitely not in your face or rebellious - yet so unique. I'm not sure if it is FBW (full-bottle worthy) yet (Memoir comes first!), but I will definitely be pulling this sample out of my boyfriend's closet more often. I think I might put my Jubilation 25 in there as a replacement - and then if he doesn't like it, I'll say "Gosh, yes, that Jubilation is horrid! Maybe it's your skin." ;)
11th August, 2012