Positive Reviews of Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Find out more about Jubilation XXV by Amouage in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

A jubilation indeed! Rich, balsamic, fruity, floral, masculine, dense, spicy... bittersweet tasty berries, foggy mist, honey, resins. Boozy vanilla drydown. A real circus of notes and accords, perfectly-balanced in a light-and-shadey, crisp and elegant scent, more consistent than one may think judging from the complex composition. Somptuous and sensual Oriental decadence at its best. Moderate projection and great persistency.

13 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 16 April, 2014)

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

Alongside CDG's Incense series, Jubilation is probably one of the few definitive smoky wood incense perfumes. It's a complex mix of all sorts of woods, made smoky with iso e super and creamy with incense. There's some sweet citrus on top and it starts off heavy on the hamster cage cedar, ending up less sweet with darker woods coming through.

To be completely honest, I don't really like the hamster cage aspects of Jubilation XXV and I much prefer L'Artisan's Aedes De Venustas, which was also done by Duchoufour. Aedes adds sweet spices and ups the smoke, creating an experience that's even more dense and charismatic. Anyway, XXV deserves a thumbs up, but I don't really need a bottle.

29 January, 2014

difuzoru's avatar
    difuzoru
    Romania Romania

a true combination of Costume National pour homme and Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme.
    great longevity for this,nice creation from oman.

25 December, 2013

lairdangus's avatar
    lairdangus

Sumptuous oriental fougere

Oh Jubilation, you are so close to perfection! If I could get just another hour or so out of you, you would easily be my favorite fragrance. Instead, I must enjoy you for the 4-5 hours of sheer beauty you give me, knowing all the while that our time together is too brief.

There is a reason why Jubilation for Men is almost universally adored by the fragrance community. It is so rich, so sumptuous, so complex, so changing that it keeps your interest piqued at all times. After an initial sweet burst of blackberries and sweet myrrh, it quickly move into the beautiful, long heart note that defines this fragrance.

Ambergris, patchouli, vanilla, labdanum, honey, myrrh, musk...and so much more. It is all there, playfully and sweetly dancing around your body. I've had more compliments with this fragrance than any other, with female colleagues coming back in for a "second hug" or handshake upon detecting it. The heart notes are truly beyond compare.

Some have referred to an odd quality about Jubilation in which the scent seems to be there one moment and then disappear the next, a kind of "ghosting." This is, in my opinion, part of its charm. There is an almost living quality about it, as if it is consciously interacting with you. Marvelous!

The base notes are as advertised: labdanum, oakmoss, clove, and perhaps some rose. They are like the golden embers of a nightlong fire, around which many stories were told.

My only complaint is the longevity, which doesn't seem up to the usual Amouage standards. This is an eau de parfum, and given Amouage's reputation, I was expecting 8-10 hours. Instead, I get 5-6. Not terrible, but not nearly as much as I'd like, especially given the price. The lifespan is all the more tragic given how much I love the scent!

Numbers:

Scent: 10/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 7/10

Pros: The best heart notes I've ever experienced
    Cons: Unsatisfying longevity"

10th July, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

Spicy Incense

This is neither all incense, nor all spice.  There is an orange and clove opening, with some cooking spices Pepper, Cinnamon/nutmeg/clove...Next there is non-cooking incense notes...frankincense, Myrrh, They blend nicely, There is a 'green' sharp note...perhaps the myrrh mixing with something, that is off-putting to me.  Not the best in the Amouage line.

Pros: Nice smell, rich spice and incense
    Cons: There is a "green" note that bothers me a bit

19 May, 2013

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

Another hit with this one. Light honeyed orange with cinnamon and spices. Light wood (oud) and cederwood as well. Very unique. A great powdery wood which is good the spring and summer months. But, I would use this one all year round. 8+ hours of longevity on my skin. 9.5 out of 10.

14 May, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Gentle citrus, incense, coriander and labdanum make a top note that in spite of it's spiciness retains a freshness that can be missing in other Amouages. A complex floral drydown with added wood and musk is very well and smoothly blended. Less heavy than other orientals of the same house.

26 April, 2013

SWAMIROSE's avatar
    SWAMIROSE

"Please don't make me pick a favorite scent; it isn't fair." OK, this is it. Exotic and erotic. A Sultans tent, the Grand Bazaar, a beautiful Middle Eastern Prince, Eartha Kitt, King Tut and a Pirate from the Caribbean.

15 April, 2013

Robzrx7's avatar
    Robzrx7

Ahh where to begin with this scent? This is a very comforting fragrance to me it reminds me of a Catholic church in a good way. I get a lot of the frankinsense, orange and blackberry and all sorts of dried fruit in the opening. In the middle I get honey, cinnamon, clove and gaiac wood. At the end I get myrrh, cedar, musk, ambergris and oud. Jubilation XXV to me is a very complete fragrance. I can't find anything about it I don't like which is rare. Everything seems to work so well together. The only bad thing bad about it is the price... Ouch

27 January, 2013

sevendeadlysins's avatar
    sevendeadlysins

This is my favourite fragrance to date.

I came across Jubilation XXV only by chance. I was viewing prices on a website for Idole De Lubin (more on this elsewhere) at a at a high end perfume retailer in Auburn, Melbourne, Australia. Two Caveats on this review. Firstly, its the climes of Australia I wear this scent. Secondly, as a matter of course, I find I write in a conservative, sophisticated, analytical "professional manner". So, I apologise in advance to anyone who finds I am over the top with this review........ but i felt like a pig scratching for a truffle when i first smelled this ...... The blackberry ... the smell of real, pure blackberry and the rosy smell of labdanum is something else. Then a fresh mix of all sorts of incense and mryhh that hits delicately, but obviously, right through my to the sinuses in a beautiful way. As the hours and hours go by the deep honey notes and woods and incenses and musky notes of all description just keep going and going and going. I wear this ANY day of the week, any time of the day and ANY day of the year as the mood takes me, regardless of whether I wear a Tshirt or suit or leather.... It really is simply the most versatile and longest lasting multi dimensional scent(s) that I have ever smelled. It really is something you should try. It is expensive, so try it before you buy. When it comes to projection this really is very hard to beat. It is sophisticated, complex and multi layered. For longevity...Well I have a secret to tell you.... I deliberately spray my clothing with this fragrance. For example, I have business suits specifically reserved for this scent.... I just spray it on. I can smell it days afterwards in my wardrobe... It really is something else. Can someone suggest something to compliment it as a scent (not replace it) ?

06 January, 2013

Francolino's avatar
    Francolino

oriental chocolate flakes

20th December, 2012

MapOfTheWoods's avatar
    MapOfTheWoods

Man, oh man. I make no bones about my love for Amouage fragrances. They are my choice for ANY scent that works. Jube XXV is an absolute wonder. Two sprays, and I'm sublime for hours and hours... in fact, a dose usually lasts 24 hours on my skin. A true gentleman's scent, this one is a true winner in my collection.

As I've stated before, Amouage can do no wrong. Jube XXV has the heart of ALL Amouage fragrances, as they all bewilder with incense. For me, the opening enchants me with fruity celery. I have always loved celery seed in a fragrance, and this one just makes it that much nicer with an addition of coriander, berries, rose (Thank you, Amouage, for creating THE ultimate masculine rose scents!), and cedar. At its heart, this could be considered a gourmand-y scent, but what we're getting is a true uplift from the spices.

There are other Amouage scents that give me that "desert caravan/spice market" vibe, but this one has something else at its core. A good-natured gentleman would appreciate the almost youthful appeal that this one possesses. This is not to say that somebody in their teens or twenties could pull it off. This is for a guy in their 30s, 40s, and up. This is for the man who wants to stand out as a man of passion, importance, and an iron fist, yet still chuckles at old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

I wear this to the clubs on occasion, and it gets quite an interesting reaction, mostly "hmmm... what is that?"... I'm assuming that in the city where I live, nobody knows the aroma of class and positivity. Jubilation, indeed. Both thumbs way up, followed by hearty applause. Go, Amouage, go!

10th December, 2012 (Last Edited: 16 December, 2012)

hlatif33's avatar
    hlatif33

I'm not an expert, but this is what I get:
    Incensy. A little sweet, maybe from dried fruits. Some oud. Very complicated. The notes all merge together making it hard to pick out notes.

I only have a sample, so I can't really comment on projection and longevity, but is seems weaker than I would like, and this juice is not cheap.

I hate to say this, but it kind of reminds me of a 10x better version of Burberry London. Over all highly recommended but at this price you can also afford to look at other things.

09 December, 2012

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

A great fragrance with so pleasant, classy and well balanced smell and also sky high price!
    The opening of this fragrance is strong and sweet fruity scent surrounded with a lot of spice and hint of woodsy notes in the background.
    The fruity note is very pleasant and it's not synthetic. The blueberry?! I didn't smell this fruit but this fragrance smell something like mixture of peach and bananas to my nose but just like what other people mentioned, it's more like dried fruits not the fresh ones.
    The sweetness from amber is strong and mixing with strong spice which comes from cinnamon and hint of woodsy notes which are muted and they are in the background, make Jubilation a great choice for fall and winter.
    Please do not use this in high heat because first of all, it's going to choke yourself and after that other people around you!
    Definitely it's a cold weather fragrance.
    The packaging and the bottle itself is stunning. very great and high quality package and so beautiful and elegant bottle.
    Now it's time to talk about the projection and the longevity.
    I'm telling you guys. it's not a long lasting fragrance and also the projection isn't that great!
    I get around 6-8 hours from it and it project only for 2-3 hours on my skin and after that it's a skin scent fragrance.
    It's a great fragrance with extremely high quality and so complex scent but above average projection and longevity.

08 November, 2012

's avatar

Analysis, while often useful, can be debilitating: it can transform us into cold, detached warmongers who can't allow beauty to be beautiful. But perfumes like Jubiltion XXV shut that analysis up. XXV is beautiful. And nothing, not even the most seasoned grouch can take that away.

17 October, 2012

rickysalsero's avatar
    rickysalsero

Just purchased a bottle of the so much talked about juice from Amouage..When i first tried it got the fruity, incense, maybe some oud in there also, syrupy and heavy scent, i was like mmmmmmmm smells so good, after wearing it i felt it almost disapear in a matter of hours, so i was a little dissapointed initially.

Thw next time i wore this bad boy, noticed that even though it feels like its fading away its actually not, dont know how to describe this, but through the evening i went out to dinner with my wife and i kept gettign whifs of the fragrance as i was walking, sitting, talking and was feeling kinda good that i was smelling it around me,, going into 6 hours i walked in to a pizza shop to pick up a 6 pack and while i was paying 2 girls came running out from the back kitchen asking " who smelled so damn good" i kept quiet but they came up to me and told me " its you" ..lol i was like, i can see that..they told me how i dare walk in to a crowd of woman smelling so yummy,, i walked out with a smile, knowing that the money i had spent on this gem was well worth it,,,it made my day and possibly the strongest compliment i have recieved from a fragrance.. Thumps up for Jubilation xxv, just when you think it has no lasting power, people around you make you think otherwise

01st October, 2012

zubi's avatar
    zubi
    Kenya Kenya

It's interesting to note that the ad design always matches the fragrance in my opinion. The fragrance does have a sparkle at the top that is light but always present. It is not a dark scent (hence the moon shining), but it does have a depth to it that is cool and mysterious. Anyway, enough about the ad. Let me break down the scent for you. :)

It opens with a freshness I'm not used to in Amouage. It wafts a sweetness I like. I immediately sense a syrupy back-of-the-throat sweetness similar to the one in Parfum d'Empire Aziyade, Amouage Memoir, and good licorice scents; not in your face, but lightly trailing along in the air like a mini fairy godmother. Closer to skin I smell the spices, and an oudh-like wet wood. The musty patchouli comes out eagerly on my skin. I am not a patchouli hater - many are - but I am not a patchouli lover either. Patch, for me, is like one of those things in life you know is just wrong, but can't stop enjoying. It has an ancient feeling that appeals to the primal instincts, and together with the gorgeously blended resins and that sweet syrupy fruit trail still popping in once in a while, it smells like I would like my man - or myself - to smell.

I actually find the Jubilation 25 (for women) to be drier, spicier, and less appealing. This has a sweetness that is countered by the spices from Jubilation 25, but only a bit. I'm not in love with how it is on my skin (when I sniff it close) when it first opens, but the wafting it provides is heavenly. I think the way the sweetness sometimes disappears may cause some women to stray away from it, if they prefer their juice sweet. There is a beautiful balance between sweet and spicy woods, and there definitely is a "power" in here that one could describe as masculine.

It dries down to a powdery soft wood that reminds me of an oil I love called Sirius Black. It also has immortelle in it, so that might be it. The woods and the musk combine at the base to create a skin scent that is cool, rounded and a total chameleon. I dare you to try to name notes with this (or any Amouage in general, as they are so skilfully blended) - different notes keep showing up, which I consider to be the sign of a beautifully crafted scent. The sweet wafting continues, and to be honest - I'm not sure I want to keep analysing this one. It's so gorgeous that I keep feeling inadequate with my little perfume knowledge.

The big question is: would I wear it though? Yes, PLEASE. It's very classy, definitely not in your face or rebellious - yet so unique. I'm not sure if it is FBW (full-bottle worthy) yet (Memoir comes first!), but I will definitely be pulling this sample out of my boyfriend's closet more often. I think I might put my Jubilation 25 in there as a replacement - and then if he doesn't like it, I'll say "Gosh, yes, that Jubilation is horrid! Maybe it's your skin." ;)

11th August, 2012

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

(revised) I like this a lot. It is an excellent dry incense scent. Spicy, woody, mossy notes augment the resinous incense. It is not heavy, not sweet, and quite satisfying. Perhaps there is a touch of oud in the incense, giving a bright piercing note. The drydown gets warmer and woodier.

24 July, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

There are some rare perfumes that from the first sniff convince you that theirs is the scent that you have always craved. But a fruity frankincense? Which gap in my brain’s olfactory map does that plug?
    Nonetheless, when I first tried this in an airport shop I got the full throttle rush of lift-off that real flight rarely provides. Where have you been all my life, I wondered. I was too broke to buy it there and then. When I managed to snaffle some samples relatively cheaply, I was anxious that the heightened pre-flight emotion may have had something to do with my response to Jubilation XXV. But no, the first spray came singing out of the vial, and subsequently the transport to bliss that this perfume achieves for me never seems to fail.
    The frankincense in this one is rich, clear, should probably come with a hallmark for quality; as expected it is supported by spice and woods, but with a tenderness that’s often missing. All wrapped in a magical berry fruit cloud – not tangy, but soft, plump, embracing. Jubilation is persistently sweet, but not in a loud, syrupy manner. No, it cuddles, nibbles your ear, unbuttons the will to pleasure.
    For my taste, this is pretty near faultless. On occasion I’ve had it do the ‘going down in volume and then coming back up an hour or two later’ thing, and it’s not a perfume I’d wear on a hot day, but those are minor things.

14 July, 2012

Mr. W's avatar
    Mr. W

This is the fragrance for a man who wants to spend a lot of money for fragrance. The scent itself is good and yes has a luxurious feel, but there is the way better fragrances than this one. Still good one.

13 July, 2012

Thomas-the-Promise's avatar
    Thomas-the-Promise

Truly a masterpiece!
    Upon application it immediately transforms you into a different place and time. Think of the movie "Laurence of Arabia" and you get this glamorous mix of herbs, spices, fruits and berries, woods and tons of frankincense. No floral note though!

So sophisticated! OMG! To me this is the ultimate scent of freedom, intellect, sophistication, peace, love along with unity and harmony of mother nature.

Whilst elegant, I also think of sport (outdoor pursuits) and I am being reminded of my horse riding youth with all the green smells in a rich "Indian Summer" early autumn landscape when the land is full and ripe and rich!

Yes, I do get the blue berries but I also get cypress and juniper or something really really pine forresty and green!

This scent smells like a beautiful day in the countryside in the autumn.

It is utter and sheer bliss!!

10 out of 10. ICONIC.

16 March, 2012

killerloop's avatar
    killerloop

Absolutely stunning masterpiece! This is by far my favorite incense scent. The incense co-stars with the rest of the cast as opposed to so many other frags where the incense is just so dominant, it drowns out every other note in the composition. So happy to have finally found my "perfect" incense frag. From top to bottom, beginning to end, this is pure beauty. Super luck to have found a great deal from a fellow BNer on a bottle.

Two extremely satisfied and enthusiastic thumbs up!

15 March, 2012

surge's avatar
    surge

Very very very good stuff, but unfortunately priced rather unreasonably.
    If you got the dough, go for it.
    This stuff to me is probably one of the best winter frags in existence.
    Really earthy but also a hint of fruit.
    I think this is Amouage's best.

06 February, 2012

Harvitz81's avatar
    Harvitz81

This is simply a fantastic fragrance. Dried fruit opening laced with an ever so slight amount of honey, but lingering in the background is a nice heaedy Frankiscense. Not overpowering in the least and the note that begins to take this fragrance over. The overall incense notes appear in the heart with some slight woody notes as well. There is a lot more there, but hard for my nose to detect. Suffice to say it is wonderful and had me smelling myself all day. After 4-5 hours it dies down a bit and wears close to the skin, but I easily get 10+ hours out of this.

12 January, 2012

Oproust's avatar
    Oproust

I imagine the Three Wise Men wearing Jubilation XXV. This opulent fragrance is a superb oriental. The opening is a blend of blackberry and honey followed closely by frankincense. Wood notes soon emerge followed by myrrh and patchouli. The transitions between notes work surpisingly well for such a complex fragrance. I don't experience any screechy moments with Jubilation XXV. The drydown is a wonderful blend of patchouli-incense accord (prominent), opoponax, cedar and a hint of oud. However, there are more notes there than I can identify. This fragrance is one of the most complex, beautifully structured orientals I know. Very high-quality materials, masterful execution. My favorite of the Amouage line.

13 December, 2011

leto's avatar
    leto
    Turkey Turkey

Jubilation XXV is indeed the prince of the incense-spicey perfumes. Every single drop is worth the money. Never cloying, ever enjoying. Thumbs way up!

15 November, 2011

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

The note of incense in perfumery is really evocative and each incensey fragrance that i 've loved and still love, as the ghosty and meditative Black Tourmaline, the spiritual Dzongkha, the bursting Norma Kamali Incense, the cerimonial and ritual Wazamba, the vintage Incense Aoud, the ecumenical Avignon, the Medieval Mess de Minuit and others, are concoctions i use to wear just for me or better just for catching the deep soul and atmosphere of special events or ideal moments, sometimes  for a certain sense of reverence towards respectful locations. Jubilation XXV (despite in my opinion its standout and more characterizing note is finally the oudh) doesn't violate the tradition indeed i use to wear it in the course of some sunday time spent with family in my old farm house where i lived my childwood when i used to be ingenous and addicted to Cristian practice, sunday messes, catechism and altruism. Nowadays, while being me a more naughty and disenchanted person , sometimes i feel the need of coming back to my  childwood time in order to feel myself, or to have the illusion to feel, a better person. This fragrance is peaceful as a fall afternoon spent wolking up and down the domestic hills of my past. Very, very evocative, at least for me, but not so exotic or conjuring the moonlight over the desert. This fragrance is just peacefully evocative of intimate moments of my past. I treasure the few ml of fragrance i preserve and that survived at the first months of application. The juice itself is an averagely dry (or better unfat), airy and mild blend of fizzy-liquorous initial citruses, delicate flowers, woods (the lovely gaiac), dry fruits (raspberries, bilberries, plums?), honey, spices and ambery-creamy franckincense. Whiffs of incensey oud are soon detectable as rising from the background. The ambery frankincense , without overcoming the other elements, flavours the drydown of fruity, spicy and musky balsams. The fragrance, after a first stage of crispiness starts becoming smoother cause the spices are not aggressive or dusty and tend to smooth towards an honeyed-fruity  warmth and an incensey oudh dry down. I use to be addicted to many dark and dreadful fragrances and the Duchafour's fragrance i prefer is Dzongkha that is a very different beast. This one is a silentious presence on my desk and despite doesn't strike at all my pleasure  i love it because it makes me feel serene and enlightened about what i'm. The elements are masterly balanced and no one lords over the others. The quality of elements is good (not excellent) and the longevity is impressive.

22 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 19 January, 2013)

blueyezz's avatar
    blueyezz

Fantastic - an accessible but artful incense made with top-notch ingredients.

Not as literal as Avignon and manages an almost citrus lightness not obtained by any other incense I've tried. This lends it a radiance, rather than the dusty, churchy heaviness of other fragrances in this genre. Don't get me wring, I love that ecclesiastical vibe but its good to find a fragrance that manages to subvert the obvious and create something different.

Good longevity, moderate sillage.

Its expensive, comes in a hell of an ugly bottle and right now I can't justify buying it. But I will.

02 September, 2011

drseid's avatar
    drseid

Jubilation XXV has a nice ginger note in the opening that really smells incredible, evolving into a pleasant spicy amber oriental base. Unlike some others who find it hard to wear this scent (even many who like it), I feel Jubilation XXV is very versatile if used in moderation and I actually find it quite masculine smelling personally. Extremely well made, but it gives me only average longevity of about 5-6 hours. Well-done Bertrand Duchaufour! 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.

25 August, 2011 (Last Edited: 28 December, 2012)

Notreveh's avatar
    Notreveh
    Brazil Brazil

Jubilation XXV, created by Bertrand Duchaufour, begins with a fruity tone. Blackberry? Raspberry? certainly, but as if they were in the form of dried fruit, or something. It is a fruity tone mixed with honey, having as background, a note that already stands out from the beginning, and that over time will only increase its role in the fragrance, frankincense. Is at that moment that it brings me back my childhood memories!

I've been somewhat familiar enough with frankincense, since childhood, where I was present in all those masses and catechism, cribs and sacristies.

But in Jubilation XXV we do not have a heavy incense as the ones used in religious grounds, such as in Avignon from CdG, but a lighter and much easier to use, giving the right versatility to this fragrance.

And so this scent continues until the end, showing a touch of woody and floral as well. Anyway, the fragrance is a luxury, perfect for special occasions.

21st August, 2011