Positive Reviews of Vaniglia del Madagascar by I Profumi di Firenze

Find out more about Vaniglia del Madagascar by I Profumi di Firenze in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Chicagoista's avatar

Excellent Vanilla

The scent begins with a predominating slightly boozy vanilla accord in tandem with an unexpected muguet note, which is very pleasant. This scent is not unbearably sugary and cloying. This is due in part to the quality of the vanilla, which is very, very good—no tinniness that you find with cheap stuff. So instead, what you have is a kind of dry, buoyant sweetness that is feminine and happy-making.

As the scent develops, the floral quality retreats and the vanilla remains, with a trace of powder in the background. As others have mentioned, this would be a great layering scent due to its simplicity.

Moderate sillage. The longevity for me was good—about 5 hours.

Pros: High quality
    Cons: Lack of complexity, but is that a con?"

30th August, 2013

mpbrown's avatar

Vanilla ice cream with a light floral garnish. Very pretty, light, soft, warm, stays close to the skin.

31st March, 2013

lizzie_j's avatar

A very sweet and straight up vanilla. None of the complexity of, for instance, Nicolai's Vanilla Tonka or L'Artisan Vanilia, but if you are a vanilla freak, this is great. Lasting power is only so so (about 2 hours on me, then I smell very little but a memory of vanilla and a little spice), but is wonderful when I layer with patchouli fragrances like Jalaine Patchouli. I am a total vanilla nut, so this is in my wardrobe.

23rd April, 2008