Positive Reviews of The Natural by Gap

Find out more about The Natural by Gap in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

The_Cologneist's avatar
    The_Cologneist

The Natural is an exceptionally nice, simple, and underrated citrus scent. In the opening, I get this candied lime note that just smells so edible. I slightly pick up on the vetiver behind it, a very clean and slightly soapy vetiver; but the lime/citrus really dominates this one. It stays fairly linear throughout, although the vetiver note becomes more noticeable as it dries down. About 10 minutes or so into it and I get a weird note, it almost smells unnatural; but after doing some research, I found out it is caraway... ya definitley caraway in here.

Surprisingly, this one lasts 8+ hours on me more times than not, because when you initially put it on, you don't expect it to last. If you see this one for a low price, I wouldn't hesitate to blind buy it. I blind bought mine a few years ago for 7.99 for a 3.4 oz, and I have no regrets. Prices have shot up a bit (to the 30-40 dollar range) on ebay, and I still think that is worth it.

20th January, 2014

MonkeyBars's avatar
    MonkeyBars

A pleasant and surprisingly long-lasting grapefruit cologne. I agree with the comparison to Jo Malone Lime Basil Mandarin, though this is less complex. Has a good balance of sweet and tart -- I would say it's "off-dry" in Turin's turn of phrase. Easily worth the bargain-basement prices mentioned here.

02 August, 2012

nosov's avatar
    nosov

I picked it up at TJMaxx for $7.99. It's a decent, natural smelling sharp citrus fragrance. It lasts quite a long time for this type of edt (4+ hrs).
    To me it smells a lot like the much more expensive Jo Malone's "Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne".

18 July, 2011