Reviews of Halle by Halle Berry

Find out more about Halle by Halle Berry in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Bal a Versailles's avatar

I have absolutely no problem with this fragrance except that you can do better, even for the money. On me poor sillage and projection. The bottle is similar to the Beckham's (also Coty)
    I buy actress inspired fragrances only rarely and only at a price point where I don't mind giving them away. So, if not Halle, then what?

In Black by Jesus del Pozo should please those who swear by Halle and as I write can be purchased at a better price for a superior perfume. In Black has a lovely bottle too. The dry down in Halle is commendable if it lasted long enough to enjoy.

Damn with faint praise?

17 October, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

I had heard so much about this fragrance prior to testing it, and I must say that I expected it to be less sweet and perhaps more floral. For some reason I thought it might be similar to Dior's Dune.

Halle, although nice, is my least favourite from her releases. I don't follow her as an actress, however I admire her intelligence and talent. I never mock celebrity scents, as being an actress myself, if I reached celebrity stardom then I wouldn't hestitate to release a fragrance myself.

Like I mentioned before, it's a little sweeter than I would have liked. I wanted beachy but Halle gave me syrupy pear, exotic flowers and sugary vanilla, which smelt more like a juicy dessert more than anything.

The fruity pear, bergamot and fig tend to overshadow the florals in this composition, with a strange warmth and with a touch of spice. It smells like a far distant cousin of Just Me by Paris Hilton, just that little bit peppery. What bothers me is that sweet shampoo like note that comes and goes.

Towards the drydown, Halle becomes increasingly musky, which is either a turn on or a turn off depending on the person. Personally, I don't feel as if the musk blends too well with the other notes.

On a happier note, Halle has good sillage and excellent lasting strength, lasting days on clothes and at least a whole day on the skin. At least that's one thumbs up from me.

All in all, it's not bad, but it's not as impressive as everyone makes it out to be in my humble opinion.

24 March, 2012

willowtreesimplicity's avatar

Halle is both luscious and mysterious. The fragrance stays fairly linear on my skin, but I like that comfort from this scent. There is a full bodied fig, brown sugar and amber that lasts through the entire wearing. There is also this beautiful tobacco note I smell every once in a while. I usually spray 2-3 sprays which last me 6-10 hours depending on the day. I have a few decants of this I keep in my purse and at my desk. I just noticed that I think my students have complimented me the most while wearing this one.

16 June, 2011

dimplesg's avatar

I'm not sure what I think of this one. I own it but rarely werar it. There is an ingredient in this which is quite heavy & cloying otherwise I think this is one that you to be in the mood to wear - quite sweet and heavy.

18 February, 2011

shamu1's avatar

It's often hard to take celebrity scents seriously, but this is one great perfume. At first, it smells like your average dumb "fruity floral", but within minutes, you can smell the difference. There is a subtle peach note and some mild woody notes in this that give this scent a nice bitter edge, almost chypre-like, and some sophistication. Definitely not a scent for ditzes.

14 February, 2010

iMaverick's avatar

I thought I would be killed by its fig note, but it actually smelled very pleasing. It is probably the mimosa that keeps it from being too too much. Warm, smooth, and bright without being cloying, with a slight touch of green in the beginning. The base is woody, understated and still smooth to keep it from smelling overly masculine. Pretty good composition! Lasts longer than your average celeb spray and fizzle fragrances.

30th July, 2009

ubuandibeme's avatar

If you love Victor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, this one will suffice as a "wallet friendly" substitute! Tried this one on at Kohl's Dept. store, it is a slightly more honeyed & vanillic take on Flowerbomb. I will give it a thumbs up because it smells good ~ is wearable ~ and is reasonably priced.

29 April, 2009