Reviews of Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Find out more about Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Alekillo10's avatar

I went thru one of my drawers at home and found a sample vial of it... I was wearing Allure Homme Sport at the time If I were to buy another bottle of Allure... I would definitely buy both, although I prefer this one over the Sport version, I love that sicilian Lemon, and because I live in a hot and humid area in Mexico, it has a magnificent projection and staying power, whenever I wear this it makes me want to have an ice cold lemonade.

19 June, 2014

Sly2scents's avatar

I love everything about this except that Sicilian lemon. Its a tad bit zesty for my taste but I don't allow that to ruin my overall experience with this fragrance.

04 June, 2014

ClarkScent's avatar

My favorite of the Allure line. Yes it is a lemon pie but it has the Chanel class that is to be expected. Out of the whole Allure line this is the only one I could see using up and buying a new bottle.

06 May, 2014

Jonz's avatar

In need of something versatile for warmer weather, I decided on this fragrance, and it is very nice. The immediate top note of lemon has a richness to it and is balanced well. No sharpness or bitterness that might be expected. I am reminded of lemon pledge right after spraying it, but that quickly dries away to become musky and smooth. Very nice.

07 March, 2014

Carlie,JD's avatar

good modern cologne

It has a beautiful citrus opening of lemon and bergamot with a hint of rosewater and a touch of cream and a pleasant enough, but not terribly interesting, rosy, vanillic, lightly spiced, sandal heart and an orange-tinged, white musk finish with cedar and a bit of tonka.

I favor a different aesthetic philosophy: I want to smell good, not clean. But, this is a good modern cologne in the Hermes style. (Jacques Polge does Jean Claude Ellena, fun idea.)

Spray on fabric to prolong the fine open and delay the budget close.

Pros: beautiful opening
    Cons: cheap and somewhat strident finish, questionable value(s)"

18 October, 2013

pma55525's avatar

Balanced Citrus

I appreciate Chanel for having created a balanced lemon scent that is neither too sharp nor bitter. The lemon dessert comparison is spot on as other contributors have noted. It has soft projection and would be best fit for work, dates, and casual outings. Well done Jacques Polge as always.

31st July, 2013

Darvant's avatar

Spacious

More classy, charming and daring than the others from the Allure line although i would not properly qualify this semi-oriental citric/aromatic as a real pillar of the worldwide perfumery (a la Boucheron Pour Homme for instance, a fragrance that, despite standing on a paraller yard, is anyway effectively different, far less dynamic/aromatic and more classy, complex, aristocratic, timeless and floral). I appreciate for sure the spacious combination of citrus, musky vetiver (the latter initially fluidy and wet), cedar and ginger. The latter element, combined with sparkling citrus, musk and soapy balsams, turns "aromatically" out as one of the main interpreters around about this type of radiant balmy muskiness (virile in my debatable opinion, initially a bit prickly and finally a touch woody/ozonic). Cool, also in its final powdery lemony soapiness. This fragrance has been a pleasant surprise to me in any case. An invigorating tart lemony introdution (lemon-bergamot-pepper) makes a prelude to a following (averagely dry, partially balmy and at once talky) glaring cloud of soap (yes vanilla but prevalently benzoin in my opinion), cool vetiver and dry musk with a sparkling pink pepper background and a touch of virile tonka-ambergris plus light woods. Some mild spices and a light suede flanking the milky muskiness complete the well balanced, modern and snob citrusy/musky/spicy creation. Effectively an epitome of the yacht club type of aristocratic sporty fragrances (and in the same clan with some others as Ferrari Red, Bvlgari Man Extreme, Banana Republic Classic, Eau d'Ikar Sisley and others-many not so appealing as the Chanel one), i agree who with rates this dynamic/casual, sporty but elegant juice as one of the better appointed of the line. A balmy soft lemonade (rather natural, edible as a Limoncello cream and florid in my perception) so distinguished, outgoing and playful for us.

Pros: Cool, daring and elegant
    Cons: Lack of uniqueness"

12 July, 2013

Gary F's avatar

Creamy Lemon

Chanel does it again for me. When I heard that this was a lemon fragrance, I assumed that it would be sharp and bracing. However, it is so smooth and creamy. I think that these elements are what make it last so long. Some people describe this as "lemon cream pie", but I get no sweetness whatsoever - but that's not a criticism. Really well done - one of my favorites.

Pros: Smooth and creamy instead of sharp
    Cons:

20th June, 2013

JorgeCouto's avatar

Very Bad - Dont buy it in the dark like me!!!!!!!!!!!!

O dont understand how can many people like this perfume... my sweet money has gone in this :(

Pros: "I have a Chanel Perfume"
    Cons: "But smells bad..."

28 May, 2013

Marais's avatar

A very nice scent, once the 'Mr Sheen' effect wears off after 10 minutes or so. Basically a citric sandalwood sweetened with vanilla. A touch of suede sexes it up a bit. The Achilles' heel is the lamentable sillage and longevity. I get 3 or 4 hours from 8 sprays before it becomes a skin-scent. For me that relegates it to office wear only and earns it a reluctant neutral rating. Negligible danger of over-applying renders it a safe choice for the likes of dentists, estate agents and my window cleaner.

18 April, 2013

DZUKS's avatar

Beautiful scent! Lemon creme pie for sure. Has the light, refreshing smell that is very soothing. Gets me lots of compliments

13 April, 2013

Alexey's avatar

Germany Germany

this is by far one of my all time favourites. It's the quintessence of fresh, it last long and simply makes you elegant.

31st March, 2013

Tony T's avatar

the best balanced from the allure series without a doubt. very long lasting,sexy and comforting. a great all day all occasion scent. great for going out on a lunch date or late nights and dates.appeals to all sexes and all ages and races..the top peppery notes mixed with citrus and bergamot is to die for.the slightly vanilla/amber/cedar drydown is one of the best i have smelled. will be in my yearly rotation forever.great sweet/woody mix!!!

11th February, 2013

Dcampbell's avatar

Most authentic lemon I have smelled thus far. It's a little creamy with some pepper sprinkled on top. Projection is so so and longevity is spotty, but I just love this stuff.

21st January, 2013

's avatar

Smells exactly like a lemon pie! Actually this scent has nothing to do with others from Allure line. This is a sweet yet comforting vanilla/lemon scent. Quiet but potent, lasting power is around 8 hours while sillage and projection are discret. Definetely thumbs up!

10th January, 2013

Mandrake's avatar

Venezuela Venezuela

This is simply lemon pie with Allure Homme Classic. It's a wonderful fragrance and high quality, but I feel it lacks the sensuality of his older brother. Still, it's my second favorite of Allure range for men.

22 December, 2012

mrcologneguy's avatar

A lovely lemon vanilla fragrance, with unexpected complexity and subtleties that come out with repeated wearings. The resulting effect is elegant, and a bit understated. Well-priced for the quality, and the packaging is beautiful, too. One of the better men's Chanels.

17 November, 2012

senore01's avatar

Lemon creme pie. A very realistic, fresh lemon opening. May be the best lemon scent I have ever sniffed. A very slight tinge of pink pepper, not over done so that it does not turn anyone away. Then in transforms into the most beautiful lemon and vanilla scent. A delicate, refined lemony, vanilla scent. This is a fantastic hot, warm weather fragrance. Chanel did it right with this one. My favorite from the allure line.

26 September, 2012

sjg3839's avatar

This one smells like a lemon cream pie. Not cloying at all. You wont be disappointed with this one.Great job chanel.

27 August, 2012

msi_21's avatar

Iran Iran

This opens with an overdose of lemons...and then you get more lemons and eventually it dries down to lemons presented over a base of vanilla-woody notes which as mentioned below gives impression of a creamy lemon scent. I think it can be seen as lemons poured all over Allure Homme; and of course crafted very well.

The scent is very pleasant and has a very refined style. It fits a young well mannered gentleman.

It has moderate longevity and projection on my skin. It gets 7 out of 10 IMO.

14 July, 2012

TXAggie's avatar

Way too much lemon for me and it never seemed to die down.

11th July, 2012

The_Cologneist's avatar

Certainly one of the better citrus fragrances out there, although becoming harder and harder to find as it is now discontinued. From the opening, I get a heavy dose of lemon, although not lemon alone, I also get some other orange citruses, whether orange, tangerine, or maybe even bergamot, there is definitley something there besides lemon. I also get a little neroli, and pink pepper. The pepper dies down and the vanilla begins to emerge, this all happens in the opening. It dies down to vanilla, light citrus, and soft woods on my skin. The first 10 minutes or so, isn't exactly favorable to me. It is similar to Allure Homme Sport in that period, where the pepper clashes with the citrus. To my nose, they just don't mesh well together. Fortunately, Chnael's quality prevails, as does the great Jacques Polge. Edition Blanche is clearly a part of Polge's workmanship. People say the longevity is horrid, but it's really excellent. It lasts a good 8-10 hours, although it does sit very close to the skin after the 2 hour mark.

10th June, 2012

kokonut's avatar

Ok it's not as synthetic as I thought before. It's nice!

05 June, 2012 (Last Edited: 06 June, 2012)

rbaker's avatar

This version of Allure Homme is quite different from its other incarnations, including the Sports version. It starts as a lemon blast that is elegant and is maintained for about twenty minutes. Subsequently a hint of pepper develops into a vanilla that is never really sweet, with a woody note added on later in the very stylish drydown. Thoughout it's life time, the lemon-citrus note is always present in the background. This scent lacks the amazing citrus intensity of, for instance, Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, but this is more than compensated for by its remarkable longevity. Citrus-based scents usually last a maximum of half an hour on my skin, but the delightful Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche lasts up to four hours! For the last couple of hours it is close to my skin, but nevertheless this is an unusually long-lasting lemon-centred fragrance. A summer hit.

26 May, 2012

Akahina's avatar

For me this starts with a nice lemon and is so refreshing! And in the end I get a very nice amber mixed with musk. A perfectly wonderful combination and great for warmer months. Very comforting and well made, very balanced and with that Chanel quality. Silage is average and projection is not huge either. And it seems to last on some people but on me it lasts just 2-3 hours. It seems like a personal scent to me, not over powering and rather "close". I LOVE this scent, but since it does not last on me I will not be buying this. Too bad because I adore this fragrance. If this lasts on you, that's great! Try it, buy it and enjoy it. Beautiful... NOTE TO THE REVIEW ABOVE: Perhaps I need to try this again and use a bit more. I really love this one and I think it is my favorite of the year's releases.

longevity : 4/10
    projection : 6/10
    overall smell : 9/10

12 May, 2012

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

This is a great lemon based fragrance. I love it.
    The opening of this fragrance is fresh and so natural lemon scent with pepper and only hint of vanilla.
    The pepper note warm the lemon note up and make it much more versatile. I love pepper!
    The vanilla in the opening is so light. it's not sweet like so many fragrances with vanilla in it.
    It's just there to give the lemon note a creamy feel.
    In the drydown and base, the lemon and pepper notes settle down, but both are easily noticeable and a little more vanilla which give the smell more creamy vibe, but still it's not sweet, powdery, cloying and anything like those! it's very smooth and great.
    Very good projection and longevity.
    I get 6-7 hours which is really great for this type of fragrance.
    I do recommend it for spring and fall and summer nights.
    I think the pepper note is a bit strong for hot summer days, but in the summer nights, this fragrance work like a magic!
    Two thumbs up!

07 May, 2012

Silver90's avatar

Estonia Estonia

I love it! Delicious, creamy, pleasantly sweet, very lemony! I really like this lemon scent. My summer scent 2012 and potential signature fragrance! One of the best ever!

16 April, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

Allure Homme is by far one of my favourite scents on a man, so it made perfect sense to see what it's many versions were like.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche, may not have all the rich woodsiness that made Allure Homme so appealing, but this fragrance is a nice alternative for casual wear and warm days.

This fragrance opens with subtle lemon, delicate vanilla creaminess and a dash of pepper. It's quite smooth and soothing. I particularly like how clean it smells on a man. My boy tried on the aftershave version of this fragrance in the store and I really enjoyed its refreshing subtlety.

He wasn't so keen on the fragrance unfortunately, mostly because he's a smoker and lighter scents are much harder for him to smell. I must admit that at times, this fragrance was even hard for me to detect.

The lasting power is pretty good, in both the EDT and Aftershave concentrations, and like I mentioned before, the sillage is fairly intimate.

The drydown is quite possibly my favourite aspect of this fragrance, which is a creamy sandalwood, musk and vanilla blend. In some ways I find this fragrance quite milky, a little similar to Emporio Armani White for Men. Despite its creamy approach and the rather delcious vanilla accord, this fragrance is very masculine, so don't let the notes fool you into dismissing it.

04 April, 2012

Sylver's avatar

Lovely creamy lemon. I was under the impression that the longevity and projection are average on my skin, but a few days ago was quite hot in here and decided to give this fragrance a wear. Got complimented on it at about 4 hours after wear, by a woman that stood 2 meters away from me. As fare as longevity goes, i could faintly smell it 8 hours after application.

24 March, 2012

Dmotron's avatar

I can see why you might not like this because it's doesn't project as well as the other Chanel (really though the other Chanels are not projection beast either). With the scent though it's FANTASTIC. Longevity last longer than you think, you might not smell it after 4 hours but if someone else gets close enough they will smell it. (my girlfriend still smelt it on my after 6 hours of use). Just wish they could make something with this scent that projects a little better but at least this is a good date/mingling scent.

06 March, 2012