Neutral Reviews of Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Find out more about Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sidewinder's avatar

Lemon open to beautiful and perfect creamy vanilla dry down. The longevity and projection are non existent and penalizes this otherwise deserving fragrance. 3 out of 5

09 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 25 August, 2014)

Marais's avatar

A very nice scent, once the 'Mr Sheen' effect wears off after 10 minutes or so. Basically a citric sandalwood sweetened with vanilla. A touch of suede sexes it up a bit. The Achilles' heel is the lamentable sillage and longevity. I get 3 or 4 hours from 8 sprays before it becomes a skin-scent. For me that relegates it to office wear only and earns it a reluctant neutral rating. Negligible danger of over-applying renders it a safe choice for the likes of dentists, estate agents and my window cleaner.

18 April, 2013

icanzapyou's avatar

Back when I knew absolutely nothing about scents and was just casually trying them for fun, I liked Blanche a lot. When I wised up a little, I realized that this smells like, well, furniture polish. That's what you get. The opening is too much lemon, but there isn't really anything else to balance out the pure citrus. The dry down is actually quite nice though, the perfect creamy blend of vanilla and lemon. The bottom notes kick in a few hours later, a sharp pepper. You should put this on at least 30 minutes before going wherever you're going so that the pure palmolive layer goes away and the creamy layer kicks in.

12 February, 2012

FISS80's avatar

Nice sharp lemon opening, that I liken to Pledge furniture cleaner(but alot nicer, if that makes any sense). Dries down to a creamy faint vanilla with the lemon still present but taking a back seat. The lemon stays throughout the life of the fragrance which is extremely short-lived on my skin Im afraid. I get maybe 2 hours max. Nice fragrance but certainly not something that screams must have.

29 October, 2011

robyogi's avatar

Lemons and wood
    Lemons and wood
    How I wish there were more
    How I wish this was good
    But wishes can't mend
    What this is in the end...
    Nothing more than lemons and wood

Pedestrian poetry for a pedestrian fragrance.

02 June, 2011

jamwires's avatar

I find the citrus in this is pretty well crafted. It smells great - however, it's just a bit too sweet for my nose. I love lemon, but this one makes me sick to my stomach.

It wears pretty close to the skin, and has average longevity.

25 February, 2011

Ryanbassist26's avatar

Well when I 1st sprayed this I didnt really like it just due to the fact that I didnt like that it was really peppery.. But the lemon and vanilla in this is awesome and is very natural smelling and pleasant...As it dries down a little the spices still remain but calm down and this starts to really smooth out and is quite pleasant... Honestly though unless this is kind of a more mature scent than I expected so if your an older gentlemen or someone in there mid 20's with a more sophisticated taste in fragrance, chances are you will love this. but if your looking for something youthful and more similar to Allure homme sport than look elsewhere.. The more I wear this the more I grow to like it but its not 1 of my favorites

23 January, 2011

DJB's avatar

Smells like lemon cake. I love lemon cake, but I don't want to smell like it.

07 January, 2011

odysseusm's avatar

The opening notes of lemon and other citrus are pretty good. They are framed by some dry peppery notes which are subdued and not very spicy. The scent is cool, not sweet or heavy. It is light and translucent. There are mild wood notes which add a bit of interest. This scent is better than I expected. It is deliberately done is a smooth, mass-appeal style. Little hints of vanilla and vetiver. The scent plays it safe in my opinion. Nothing offensive here, but I don’t find anything compelling either. The sillage is substantial, and the scent has good longevity.

04 November, 2010

KillerScent's avatar

Good but not great .
    This fragrance belongs to that group of scents that are neither unpleasant nor impressive .
    As other reviewers say , it's overall scent is a blend of citric (mostly lemon) and creamy notes .When the citric dries down you get a soft woody and floral smell. It reminds me a bit of Le Male .
    It has a good longevity being a EDT.
    I personally prefer the sport edition.

01st November, 2010

ToughCool's avatar

Overwhelming. After wearing Bleu, the new offering from Chanel, I decided to revisit this. The initial lemon burst was nice but then I expected a development of some sort. All I got was this over the top lemon and cream and slight pepper note that was headache inducing. And the combo just kept getting stronger instead of settling into something more pleasant. The only reason this is a Neutral rating is because it doesn't necessarily smell horrible but it is too much of one thing and it never ends.

25 August, 2010

thermopyl's avatar

Nice opening notes - blend of citrus and cream.
    The dry down is a disappointment and fades away with little sillage for me.
    If you like this, but want more longevity and punch, go for Versace Dreamer!

04 July, 2010

Force of One's avatar

Would agree with the other reviewers in this is a creamy lemon smell (maybe even a hint of wood). The problem for me is, while it starts off rather citrusy, after about an hour or so the cream part really starts to dominate. As I picture this more of a warmer weather scent, it's a little too heavy in that regard for my tastes.

Given a few samples of this at a store, and while I probably will wear it another time or two to use up the vial, do not see this one ever making the "to buy" list. All that said, it does have that "classy" feel I associate with Chanel, so I certainly wouldn't disuade another from giving this a try.

19 June, 2010

aktp-iciook's avatar

Allure Homme Edition Blanche really is nose punching with its full strength of lemon and bergamot.

IMHO, these are the only strong notes left apart from a mild vetiver and amber staying close to my skin. It is a very nice well-formulated scent but unfortunately, not for me ☻

I prefer Allure Homme Sport over this one. FYI, Allure Homme Edition Blanche is definitely a good summer fragrance ☻

Cheers,

16 March, 2010

thatsmr2usir's avatar

So i finally gave this a try with high hopes it would be great! Well it was not so great, Lemons, cream, lemons & cream is really all I get.. Now I could not smell this at first but than it grew on me. Now in no way, shape, form or fashion is this stuff horrible, however I cannot see myself spending $80 for this either. I'll go inbetween on this one only because it does not smell bad once the dry down appears, other than that, it's a waste.

07 December, 2009

Coutureguru's avatar

I bought this blind in the Seychelles (I'm a chronic Duty Free shopper) so it will always remind me of heat and humidity. That said, it's just OK on me. Nothing much to write home about ... not unhappy with it but probably won't replace it when the bottle is finished. It's sad and frustrating that great houses like Chanel are jumping on the "trendy" bandwagon. Although this frag contains a lot of notes I really enjoy, they feel a little bereft of quality. Nonetheless ... I'll enjoy wearing it until the bottle is done.

27 November, 2009

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Very aromatic citrus fruity opening leads into this very generic fresh woody drydown. Soft and smooth with some sharp and tart undertones.

Reminds me of so many other fragrances that I don’t want to even start to name them…

Well made, long-lasting and somewhat pleasant but, also very boring and disappointing in the end.

30th July, 2009

Bartlebooth's avatar

As much as I like Allure Homme, its siblings have never really endeared themselves to me. Edition Blanche begins with a rather disfigured lemon accord that is both cheap smelling and ill judged. The hollow middle notes are a little more interesting, with a snort of ginger to titillate the palate in the wood themed heart of this fragrance. The base has the the old Allure chassis, but with the veitiver much more prominent in this version. There were phases where I actually began ro warm to Blanche, but this is one fragrance that will probably never get that second date.

27 July, 2009

Ordinarily I would not have purchased it, but I had a $50 gift certificate so I decided that I would take a little risk and buy something I would ordinarily pass by. The necessary department store had no niches and most of the designers did not have fragrances, so basically I was limited to Chanel, Dior, and Gucci. Nothing interested me at Dior. At Gucci I asked to test the Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci. Although there was a tester prominently displayed, both SAs told me that I couldn’t try it because they have no bottles to sell… It’s one of those things that happen here that I don’t try to figure out. So Chanel and Allure Homme Édition Blanche became my option. When I tested AHEB it seemed very light and pleasant but there was something in it that set a tiny bell ringing in the back of my head, by my head was really too busy with the thought of the Chanel SA who was assisting me, so I quickly disregarded the bell and doubled my attention on the her. On paper Allure HEB opened with a citrus accord that I would describe as “Chanel”: It’s a bit fresh but reluctantly so… and it certainly isn’t Lemon Pledge or anything coarse; it’s a stylized and sophisticated citrus with a firm element of stylized and sophisticated spice notes. The spice stays in the background at first and the scent stays soft and pleasant into its spicy / woody heart with a quiet accord of pepper, ginger, cedar, and a slight touch of sandalwood. The heart holds for over an hour and the light base of tonka, vanilla, and white musk takes over and completes the movement with excellent longevity. There is nothing spectacular going on but the performance of AHEB is quietly understated and it is certainly an attractive fragrance to wear here in East Asia where fragrances are very rare and almost always understated. I bought the fragrance and the SA aforementioned received her commission, so everything turned out as it should be. Unfortunately, by the third time I wore AHEB on my skin, my reaction to it had changed. My skin had come to magnify the creamy ginger note that moves to prominence in the opening and then it stays there until the fragrance is exhausted. Soon, the ginger is about all I can smell; it broadcasts itself with a too strong sillage for my appreciation, and it hangs on forever. I know now what that bell in my head was trying to warn me had I been paying attention: “Beware: shades of Bulgari Blu Pour Homme.” Of course AHEB is much more soft and refined than BBPH, and the creamy ginger isn’t the juggernaut that the BBPH ginger is, but… still, I could do without it in either case. If it’s not on my skin, Allure Homme Édition Blanche is an original, well-made fragrance with a pleasantly soft, creamy citrus / spicy feel and with excellent longevity. But it kind of loses control when it comes in contact with my epidermis.

23 June, 2009

anbor's avatar

Norway Norway

People say lemon. I say pepper in combination with vanilla. This is what it actually smells and it lasts. I am not supriced why people like since it to me is a standard perfume. Nothing spectacular with it. Typical day perfume, more spring than summer.

05 June, 2009

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

I like this smell. It is sweet and creamy, could pass as a gourmand (cake with lot of lemon cream). Longevity is quite fine and projection as well. I gave this one a second chance after couple of more testing. Turns out it is very nice, but is not something I personally dig very much so I'm neutral about it.

06 April, 2009 (Last Edited: 26 March, 2010)

Justin Case's avatar

Not a thumbs down because my wife liked it. I found it ok, but after 2 hours it smells very much like Hererra 212 for men, only 212 has a stronger twist of originality to it.

16 March, 2009

rbeurkens's avatar

top notes smell almost exactly like lemon pledge. They simmer down a bit to a lighter lemon and then the fragrance almost totally disappears. What I can still smell smells very good but it is so light that no one would be able to smell it without their nose pressed to my skin, and even then it is still light.

23 February, 2009

andy85's avatar

this is a nice fragance.... this remind me of Blv by Bvlgari........... i like the ginger note here..... is a fresh - creamy fragance for spring time and summer........

21st November, 2008

Sunsetspawn's avatar

This smells like a lemon Italian ice, like the kind you get down in little Italy, or maybe in a good pizza place in Westchester. This shares something in common with sport, and I can also only assume the original. Even as time passes, it still smells like someone spilled an Italian ice on my vanilla, tonka, and white musk cologne soaked wrist.

Although pleasant, the longevity and sillage are far too weak.

I prefer the sport, but then again I'm a simpleton.

20th September, 2008

tuomas's avatar

Finland Finland

This is simply too lemony for my scent. The bottle is extremely nice and it sure is a "fresh" scent. I like the regular Allure and Allure Sport better.

05 June, 2008