Neutral Reviews of Muschio di Quercia / Oak Moss by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Find out more about Muschio di Quercia / Oak Moss by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

odysseusm's avatar

Vetyver, sandalwood, oakmoss
    I have revised my earlier review.
    This is a good scent, with integrity and a faithful rendering of the essential notes. My reservation at this point is that it is rather simple, verging on monolithic.
    Essentially this is a very woody scent. The wood is dry and pleasing. The moss adds a bit of dimension to the wood. The dry-down gains in attractiveness with a more rounded wood note, but this is achieved after several hours.
    But -- and I'm speaking as a wood lover -- that's about all that I find. My earlier review found more complexity, so perhaps my sample has lost some vital dimension.

22 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 29 January, 2013)

JonB's avatar

If you like oak moss you will love this one. It's not lacking in the moss. Vetiver and Sandalwood make it a nice trio because of their similarities. This is just as you would expect, very dry, spicy wood, slightly smokey. Longevity is moderate, and projection is very minimal. Very nice scent if you like wood, but Oak moss does not make a good perfume by itself.

19 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 08 September, 2009)