Reviews of Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

Find out more about Jasmin Noir by Bulgari in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

anrat's avatar

Indonesia Indonesia

There is no obvious tonka bean on the dry down (or maybe I skipped that part?). But surely there is fake sandalwood.

The jasmin note is fair enough. I know some people complain that it is really faint. Actually it is. But jasmin scent is a head ache induced scent. Even the original jasmin oil (diluted) it already head-ache scent. A little bit too strong of it will slap your head.

21st May, 2014

Valkyriespacegirl's avatar

Big Gardenia and jasmine opening. The dry down smells so much like my own natural scent, in the best way possible. It's a fresh natural musk under those beautiful flowers. There is a touch of lady like powder as well that makes this a crowd pleaser.

01st January, 2013

Jeszra's avatar

Liked this perfume on paper but not as much on my skin. It's a little powdery. Perhaps that's the tonka bean?

10th October, 2012

sallyb21's avatar

Only recently discovered the Bulgari Jasmin Noir range and I really like this fragrance. I really like florals, orientals and florientals so this is for me. Going to be the next I buy.

24 August, 2012

Shadya's avatar

I received Jasmin Noir as a gift from a friend. On her, the fragrance smelled divine! Out of the bottle, the scent seemed a little overpowering, but the effect was fleeting. I used Jasmin Noir often, and happily purchased another bottle, but the fragrance began to sour on my skin. By the end of the day, I couldn’t stand the remaining fragrance.

Jasmine is not what I smell when first applied. There is a gardenia floral first impression with subtle notes of Tonka bean and a hint of green. To me, the scent of Jasmine was not how I would have described it. After the dry down, the hint of green disappeared.

This is not a bad fragrance, but Jasmine Noir is not exactly something I would wear long term. Perhaps this would be a fragrance that could be worn for occasionally. I do prefer Jasmin Noir to the oil-based perfumes in Doha, as they can be overpowering.

16 July, 2012

gmstrack's avatar

Jasmin Noir opens with big, yet soft jasmine and gardenia and dries down to tonka bean and almonds. It’s feminine and easy to wear; a pleasant crowd pleaser. Also, if you find florals difficult to wear, this one might be tolerable. IMO this ballerina birthday cake needs something more. Maybe leather or incense? A big dose of patchouli?

10th July, 2012

scentsearcher's avatar

On me I get the smokey jasmine scent but it lasts for all of two minutes. No joke. This is one of the many fragrances I've tried that don't last on me at all. Not on my clothes. I've asked other members of my family and they can't smell anything.

01st April, 2012

Dernier_Cri's avatar

So I'm in some horrible suburb with some time to kill and I walk into an Ultra store in some street mall and spritz a little Bulgari Jasmin Noir on my arm probably because the bottle says "Jasmin" and is black or whatever and the next thing I know I'm falling in love. With my own wrist. I hope nobody was watching me. Unlikely...I think I was the only person in town. But how to explain it all? It was definately a good day. Any day is, when you find a pleasure you were not expecting and Jasmin Noir is that for me. I'm not sure Jasmin Noir is really so much about jasmine. There is a nice smelling floral note, borders on the generic maybe. There's a slight creamy chocolate quality underneath. There are almond and tonka and liquorice and the whole thing has a dry restrained gourmandness about it. Projection is slight. If someone were to say to me, "I think Jasmin Noir is unspectacular," I probably wouldn't disagree with him. But this perfume has a quiet subversive sexiness which is everything. As generic as it can sometimes seem I remind myself to be happy I found her. I needed to see someone on the side. I can't wear Lyn Harris every time.

05 March, 2012

RiveGaucheInstead's avatar

Way too overpowering and musky for me.

01st March, 2012

indiaza's avatar

I like it. But I am a novice. Didn't want the sweet khaliji (Arabian Gulf preference) scent JN could be but, thankfully, isn't. Someone mentioned Samsara above. I thought Samsara was overwhelming and did not like being in proximity to it. Jasmin Noir has been a nice transition for me as I move to oud after many years of enjoying it in the Middle East and then not having the time and wherewithall to learn about it.

30th June, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

I had heard so many people rave about this scent prior to testing it. I had really hoped that I would be raving too, unfortunately this was not so.

I really wanted to experience that warm, smokey, musky jasmine that everyone has been talking about, yet all I got was a predictable and fleeting blend of gardenia and jasmine which really didn't surprise or amaze me in the least.

Sure, Jasmin Noir is a nice, pleasant, inoffensive scent, yet for me it didn't push too many boundaries. I wanted elegance and style, just like the bottle conveyed, but I was surprised by how light and short lasting this fragrance turned out to be.

I'm afraid I can't hold back on my disappointment. Jasmin Noir is neither mysterious, dark, alluring or intriguing. I'm really not impressed.

04 June, 2011

teardrop's avatar

England England

l get the "green sap" & a gardenia-like note in the opening, followed by warm, creamy, vanillic woods & jasmine. This stage lasts for several hours on me, which surprised me, having heard that longevity isn't one of Bulgari's strengths, & the sillage is good. Eventually the base notes arrive, & at this point it wears much closer to the skin. The base is intriguingly dirty; l'm guessing that's the liqorice note, & that this is where the "Noir" comes in. l've never smelled natural liqorice root, only liqorice sweets, but l'd say this must be the former.
    l sort of get the comparisons with Samsara, but this doesn't have the "clean" feel or the rich sandalwood that l get from Samsara. lt also doesn't "glow" in the same way, but l do like it a lot, & would wear it again.

21st February, 2011

odysseusm's avatar

Here's a case where the name is an obstacle. "Jasmine"... ok, I know what jasmine should smell like. I get none of that here. And what is a black jasmine? Obviously a construct.
    Here's what I smell. A scent which starts slightly sweet but whose sweetness burns off. Only slightly floral, far less than I'd expect, given the name. Aromatic. Somewhat indefinite in that it is hard to pick out any individual notes. Wood, perhaps. A vague green note, perhaps this may be linked to the "green notes" and the licorice.
    So far it is OK, if a bit generic. But then it develops a more floral and slightly irritating sweet vanilla note.
    Doesn't smell anything like jasmine, doesn't smell like anything in particular... meh.

02 February, 2011

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

Is a lack of respect when big Houses like Bulgari make fragances with bad Fixation. It is a pity because Bulgari Noir, is one of the most interesting scent I smelled in the past years. A well balanced oriental floral, mysterious and fascinating, with liqueur notes that makes it sensual and interesting. But i can't waste time and money in a fragrance that last 1 hour.. maybe 2.. i really love the smell but, it's not for me..

28 January, 2011

meta's avatar

This lasts for hours and hours. Smells like jasmin with a black dress sitting in a shop made entirely of wood with gold chains dangling from the chandelier.

Altogether nice but something about it is unsettling. Feels like it isn't the presence that it wished to demand.

07 December, 2010

Kerry Rose's avatar

My husband bought this for my birthday and I thought I liked it... at first. The sillage bowled my sister over 3 rooms away with one spray and the longevity lasted for over 48 hours after which point I showered it off. My like for this fragrance was short-lived, I'm afraid. I love Estee Lauder's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia as the latter note is brought down by the earthy tuberose. However, in Jasmin Noir the gardenia combined with the heady jasmine, woody and tonka bean notes are like listening to a symphony warm up. It's a lovely sound/scent for a few minutes but quickly becomes simultaneously powdery and grating, a real headache inducer. Also, when I wiped my fingerprints off the bottle as I decided to exchange it for a different perfume I noticed it was leaking where the bottom of the golden stem meets the black bottle. Buyer beware! I had a similar problem with my Prada atomizer bottle but solved that problem by purchasing the refillable purse spray.

06 December, 2010

mocha1943's avatar

I enjoy the scent of jasmine with the kick of licorice that is in this scent. It lasts for several hours on me which I consider very good for the House of Bvlgari.

17 September, 2010

Weimar27's avatar

A Romantic Cynic setting in the 1930's and 40's sitting with a martini
    on right hand and a cigarette on your right in a darken projection room
    the smoke is visible though the projection light and hating yourself
    on the silver Screen
    that's the notes on this perfume
    bring out to me i love it

i'll give it a 5.

16 August, 2010

Darvant's avatar

Balmy and gentle in a way that conjures me vaguely Secret Obsession CK. The whisper of a cool spring night in the yards of a flowered green farm crowded by mysterious birds and buzzers and overlooked by an old farmhouse standing on the hill. The eyes of the owls shimmer in the dark, the crickets sound noisy. This is Jasmine Noir with its dark bottle and its blend of nocturnal flowers, precious woods, almonds, obscure liquorice and tonka. A drama of delicacy and romanticism. Superb.

29 June, 2010 (Last Edited: 03 January, 2014)

bellaviola's avatar

Smells so beautiful, lasts for less than ten minutes (literally!) even though I coated myself head-to-toe in it.

08 May, 2010

supershopper22's avatar

I am still undecided about this fragrance. It is not one I am immediatly 'in love' with. There are some sweet powdery notes that I really like on my skin, but the overpowering gardenia and jasmine were just too much for me.

23 February, 2010

Marcelle's avatar

I had a major infatuation with all scents Bulgari last year, maybe because the transparency of most of them really appealed to me. I work in an office where perfume can only be worn with great discretion, and Bulgari's quiet, close-to-the-skin offerings fill the bill quite nicely. On weekends in the depths of winter, though, I find myself wanting something with a little more heft and staying power. Jasmin Noir is a characteristically nice take on jasmine, rich and full but somehow still done in the sheer Bulgari style, which makes it both a great choice for people like me, who tend to avoid most full-on florals, and problematic for fans of stronger jasmine fragrances, like Alien. Hence all the neutral ratings, I'm guessing.

Here's what I like about it: nice, fresh, summery opening note of gardenia, followed quickly by loads of jasmine, followed by a creamy, woody base. It's jasmine lite, a rich floral/oriental for people who can't stomach rich floral/orientals. I think it's eminently wearable in a way that Alien, striking as it is, has never been for me, so I'm giving it a thumbs-up, with the caveat that if it's crazy, neon jasmine you want, Mugler's your man.

02 February, 2010

Margareta's avatar

Sweden Sweden

A little too "well behaving" for me. I have owned Jasmin Noir for more than a year now, and I like it very much, as it is very versatile, but it will never become my HG, but it is beautiful enough for me to have a secound bottle when the first one is ended.

Worn with the bodylotion, it stays on for really long on the skin. Really good quality. Just a little too "kind".

Edit: 2011-10-15:
    Now "Mon Jasmin Noir" is released, and it is edgier than Jasmin Noir, so it is the version I like the best. It is still quiet, but not so very" well behaving"! And it is truly beautiful!

18 December, 2009 (Last Edited: 15 October, 2011)

merw's avatar

Turkey Turkey

This perfume has one of the most sophisticated bottles, and for those jasmine-maniacs like myself, you definitely get tempted with Jasmin Noir's name. But, when i sprayed it, it had an awful burst of something i cannot quite identify, like, liquid glue. Weird, isn't it? Then all of a sudden, it settled into a pleasant floral scent and i liked it. Actually it smelled so like Alien by Thierry Mugler, but unlike it Jasmin Noir fades off very quickly. Alien, in comparison, is a much much better and more beautiful scent. So, if you're especially looking for a jasmine scent, this one won't satisfy you.

21st November, 2009

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

I think this scent is true to its name. It is misty and dark. A dearest jasmine which is obscured by a rarely found natural gardenia note and darlened by woods. I wish it had more silage and more body. It is somehow weak. It reminds me crystal noir with misty gardenia and dark woods (and black bottle of course). But crystal noir is much of a fruity floral. If you are planing to buy a jasmine for the night or a dark (and misty) jasmine, real rival of jasmine noir is Alien by Thierry Mugler which would win a thousand times.

03 November, 2009

justaguy's avatar

This smelled okay for the first two minutes or so, but then ended up smelling like raw meat. It was shocking to say the least. It must not work with my skin well.

15 September, 2009

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

'noir' - French for 'black'. Also related to the 'dark solemn mood' lighting used by film-makers in the 1940s.

With a name like 'Jasmin Noir', I would be forgiven for expecting a dark, deep and rather heady jasmine scent that conveys all these known associations with the word 'noir'. Instead all I got was a warm floral done in the typical Bulgari style: ephemeral and fleeting. Not that this is necesarily bad as it does make the scent eminently more versatile and wearable. My fiancee likes it. But someone looking for a more seductive and mysterious take on the jasmine signature would do better with Guerlain's Samsara. It is a pity really as I was tempted to buy Jasmin Noir for the gorgeous bottle alone.

10th September, 2009

pasha's avatar

Bought it to own the stunning bottle, and it so happens I love the scent just as much as its sculpture of a container.

Oh shoot me... I am a guy, and I love Jasmin Noir. I love closing my eyes, and falling asleep at night in this, and waking up next day with its divine stench lingering on my black satin sheets. It makes my day brighter. Or I simply wear it with a heavily starched white shirt, and walk the streets of NY with the soft wind in my hair.

Jasmin Noir is immaculate.

14 August, 2009

BlackAmberMoon's avatar

Well behaved, classic-smelling, with a very subtle seductive edge. In keeping with the Bvlgari aesthetic, Jasmin Noir is not a "big" perfume; it sits quietly on the skin. Good for women who are looking for a sexy yet mature scent. Appropriate day or night, for most any occasion--it's quite versatile. Gorgeous bottle.

27 June, 2009 (Last Edited: 16 July, 2009)

Ms Rochambeau's avatar

On me Jasmine Noir opened very spicy and floral. It remained that way for about twenty minutes until the strongly indolic jasmine note took over. Wow, wow,wow, this was the dirtiest and sexiest jasmine note I've smelled in a perfume so far. Although it sustained this phase for quite a while on me, I cant say that the sillage was as good as I'd hoped it would be. With sexy indoles like that I want someone to notice them besides me, instead it layed close to the skin and I had to keep putting my wrist close to my nose. The scent was pretty linear because as others have stated, there were notes that never revealed themselves on me, but I didn't care because that dirty jasmine was to die for. Very elegant bottle.

04 February, 2009