Negative Reviews of Gucci by Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Firstly I have to say that I love all things Gucci. Envy has been my only scent for several years. When I first sprayed the new Gucci on my wrist in the store, I loved it and enjoyed the scent for several hours. It seemed leathery and tabaccolike, reminded me of the smell of an old leather chesterfield settee. Something different and more distinguished, I thought. A few days later I went back and bought a bottle. When I applied it at home, all I got was a high pitched scream of Violet which did not seem to develop or change in any way at all. I had to wash it off in the end because I couldn't stand it. Its like a totally different product than the one I tried in the store. So very dissapointing, I so wanted the chesterfield settee, but got cloying sickly sweet kids candy instead.
30th September, 2008
I decided to give this another go, having seen quite a bit of its mention on the boards. However, as my tastes changed, my distaste for this scent is still constant. There is an oriental-floral thing going on in there that is actually pretty decent, but for the most part, I did not enjoy the scent. Another example of a chypre-wannabe.
20th September, 2008 (last edited: 02nd October, 2009)
Dissapointed isnt the word.... Stunned....from the house which produced one of the more unique and spicier designer fragrances anywhere, this absolute garbage is their new idea of cologne? I couldnt discern any notes because there were none....it went on as pure alcohol and before alcohol fully settled down you couldnt smell anything at all..... I tried it on 3 different times with the same results...This was the first day Gucci was 'out' on shelves so all the SA's were going berserk trying to have anyone sniff and try it......... I took 2 samples with me, lets see if my horrible first impression will change with another try.
17th August, 2008