Neutral Reviews of Dior Homme Cologne by Christian Dior

I liked the original better, and now wear DHI instead of DH. The reformulated DH smells a lot like the original DHI; it's not a bad scent, but goes too far into the strong cocoa territory for me.
18th May, 2012
Hmmm, why would someone put citrus here? Where's the cocoa, amber and the lavender?? You can still feel the women purse smell but not with the sweetness and mystery of the original and the intense versions.
It's OK though, but I can shower on this and will last for an hour or two. Love the spray, you just gotta love the spray on the DIOR HOMME collection.
07th February, 2011
From the bottle it smells like a typical girly dior fragrance, after applied it smells like a used, musky, slightly floral powder puff. Not masculine at all, unless you're a Frenchman. As some have described it, smells like the bottom of a make-up bag. It does have a descent floral talc sillage. A bit too sweet for me.
23rd November, 2009

Did the original Dior Homme by Olivier Polge really need a reworking just 2 years into its release (as some parties had claimed)? I think it was more a case of product extension i.e. a sales & marketing strategy. To me this is just a less powdery and less sweet version of the original. With the amber and cocoa left out of the heart, it also comes across as more floral and I find this aspect appealing. But replacing the opening lavender with citrus makes no real difference to me nor should it since the top fades away after 5 minutes anyway. And as palatable as DIOR HOMME COLOGNE is, its shorter lifespan and the absence of a drydown further reinforce its image as a poor man's version of Dior Homme. Rather unfortunate.
18th October, 2009