Neutral Reviews of Dior Homme Cologne by Christian Dior

Find out more about Dior Homme Cologne by Christian Dior in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

the reaper's avatar
    the reaper
    Venezuela Venezuela

Great barbershop fragance

I recently smelled this fragance and liked it. I bought it without testing it in my skin to find out about projection and longevity. This is really a very modern barbershop fragrance. This is how a man should smell like after being at his barbershop. When I was a child, my father used to take me to a certain italian barbershop where after your haircut they would spray you around with Jean Marie Farina Cologne. Dior Homme Cologne is the MODERN cologne they should spray on you after your haircut. Now, the thing smells wonderful but does not last an hour. If Dior intended this to be a COLOGNE, then they succeeded. And other thing, it should not be called Dior Homme Cologne but just Dior Cologne because that little word HOMME makes you expect the caracteristic iris of Dior Homme but it is not present in the fragrance. A good fragante anyway.

Pros: Modern
    Cons: Doesn't last

22 June, 2013 (Last Edited: 06 March, 2014)

barclaydetolly's avatar
    barclaydetolly

I liked the original better, and now wear DHI instead of DH. The reformulated DH smells a lot like the original DHI; it's not a bad scent, but goes too far into the strong cocoa territory for me.

18 May, 2012

eaudemale's avatar
    eaudemale
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

Hmmm, why would someone put citrus here? Where's the cocoa, amber and the lavender?? You can still feel the women purse smell but not with the sweetness and mystery of the original and the intense versions.
    It's OK though, but I can shower on this and will last for an hour or two. Love the spray, you just gotta love the spray on the DIOR HOMME collection.

07 February, 2011

WavingWheat's avatar
    WavingWheat

From the bottle it smells like a typical girly dior fragrance, after applied it smells like a used, musky, slightly floral powder puff. Not masculine at all, unless you're a Frenchman. As some have described it, smells like the bottom of a make-up bag. It does have a descent floral talc sillage. A bit too sweet for me.

23 November, 2009

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

Did the original Dior Homme by Olivier Polge really need a reworking just 2 years into its release (as some parties had claimed)? I think it was more a case of product extension i.e. a sales & marketing strategy. To me this is just a less powdery and less sweet version of the original. With the amber and cocoa left out of the heart, it also comes across as more floral and I find this aspect appealing. But replacing the opening lavender with citrus makes no real difference to me nor should it since the top fades away after 5 minutes anyway. And as palatable as DIOR HOMME COLOGNE is, its shorter lifespan and the absence of a drydown further reinforce its image as a poor man's version of Dior Homme. Rather unfortunate.

18 October, 2009