Reviews of Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

I saw all the positive reviews about this fragrance so I blind bought it. I usually don't do that, but man am I glad that I did. This is one of the best fragrances I have in my collection. I don't wear this casually, this is more suited for the evening. This is perfect for a date, or just wearing out for drinks at the bar. I actually put this on before bed pretty often just because the smell calms me. This stuff screams seduction. Very VERY sexy scent.

The Iris in this is very nice. This fragrance also has a cocoa vibe to it which is wonderful. It is commonly said that DHI smells sort of like Lipstick, which I agree with 100%. I get compliments on this every time I wear it.

Dior Homme Intense lasts incredibly long on my skin. 10+ hours. There have been a few times where I have sprayed this on and had to take a shower shortly after, and I could still smell it on my skin afterwards.
This is also a projection monster, so you need to be careful not to spray on too much. I usually go 2 sprays.

I rate this a 10/10 and highly encourage you to try it if you're looking for a sexy evening scent.
02nd November, 2015
Density, complexity with absolute smoothness. A masterpiece.
01st November, 2015
Sensational! This is one that people always ask about every time you wear it. I went out the other night and it made me the center of attention. It really is amazing how a fantastic cologne can change peoples' perceptions. So this one is a keeper. I just wish it were cheaper.
03rd August, 2015

I like this--I think.

Wearing DHI is like getting dolled up in your black-tie best and going to a red carpet function where you're immediately accosted by about 30 gorgeous women in heavy lipstick who jostle and push you headlong into the dessert table. When you extricate yourself, you're a bit breathless and disoriented from the experience--but you can't say it wasn't a good time.

To me, DHI is a total gourmand, and you have to like the initial iris and a rather waxy cocoa to enjoy it. It's also not going to win any awards for being uber-masculine. That said, on the whole I love vanilla scents, and DHI has rich, lovely vanilla that goes on seemingly forever (careful with the trigger finger here). The dry-down for me is rather linear, but that doesn't detract from the quality and immense presence of this scent. However, for what you pay for DHI, I've found myself wondering on more than one occasion if I wouldn't be better just sticking with Old Spice (still my barometer for any vanilla scent). My wife would probably agree.
18th July, 2015
What an absolutely gorgeous scent. The quality here is unmistakable and the fragrance is remarkably well constructed. Sensual, sophisticated and alluring, the hype is 100% merited. Every man should have a bottle of this in their arsenal.
16th July, 2015
This was the first fragrance I bought that wasn't a gift. When I first smelt it I was thinking, what an amazing smell.

To date its my favourite fragrance and nothing has ever come close.

The only one in my collection that I will walk past and take the cap off just to have a smell. I don't really get the "bag of lipstick" thing.

Its incredible, a work of art. If I only have one frag for the rest of my life this is it.

Although not the most versatile, I wouldn't wear it to work, its more of an evening frag for me.
12th July, 2015
I smelt Dior homme yesterday, and wow what a wonderful smell!! And the fact that this one's even better compels me to blind buy this.. Can't wait to edit this review!!
24th June, 2015
Simply fantastic. This was a blind buy, based upon a visit to the local fragrance counter to check it's sibling. Today I wore it for the first time, and BAM! This juice lasted a full 12 hours on me. My prep after showering is to hit 2 sprays, and follow up with some fragrance free facial moisturizer. Coming into the office today I asked one of my friends if she noticed the new Dior on me, and she said she really could not due to her own aquatic fragrance. Well just before lunch she popped into the office to say she got a real nice aroma down the hall, and followed into where I was sitting.

Several times I had to judge wether I had picked up a smidgen of oud, but after reflection it must be the combination amber and iris notes. The dry down was perfect, and projection was solid. This is an impressive expression of a perfumist's art. Bravo!
04th June, 2015
artlin Show all reviews
I absolutely love this fragrance. This could well be the ONE for me (until something better comes along). I was trying out a sample of Sospiro Duetto which I think is brilliant but I could not get hold of a full bottle. I am so grateful that I found DHI because IMO it comes very close to the more expensive Italian fragrance.
The floral start is very pleasant. Not a feminine floral at all. The action is immediate and continues to evolve over the next hour or so when the cedar and vanilla begin to shine.
My wife just loves it as well. I sampled Dunhill and Narciso Rodriguez at the same time and she went straight for the Dior.
On my first proper wearing of this fragrance, I could still smell it the next morning.
If you have not already tried it, I suggest that you get a sample. You will not be disappointed.
03rd June, 2015
The gods be thanked in these unforgiving times! No need to add much so permit me to editorialize about one facet of this terrific offering. I don’t quite know what the “Virginia Cedarwood” mentioned in the pyramid is (and this from somebody with a country house in rural Virginia). However, I would be a much happier man if this could supplant the appalling hamster cage cedar chip note in so many modern fragrances.
02nd June, 2015
As perfect as Dior Homme and heavily similar to it (no point in describing the notes again then): just deeper, probably with more iris, slightly darker, muskier, more powerful and with a bolder lasting on skin. Maybe slightly woodier too. Layering the two of them using Dior Homme Intense's drydown as a base for Dior Homme brought me this close to getting rid of 90% of the rest of my wardrobe. I am not familiar with the alleged variations among Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense batches, all I know is that my 2014 bottle of the Intense is a glorious, delightfully non-redundant companion to its timeless brother.

06th May, 2015

INTRODUCTIONlet me again tell you this DIOR EDP is a masterpiece.In my opinion one of the most important factors about great fragrance is how unique the smell is to you personally and DHI is one of the best I've tried.

MY DEFINITION:It is hard to keep your hands off when your man smells like this and i am sure this lovely DIOR will remain a everlasting and continue to entice ladies because it is like a soft-spoken famous artist whom all the ladies in his entourage fall in love with.

TRAITS:My signature is almost hypnotic fragrance.A fragrance of Intense Sensations,Conspicuously Alluring,Mysteriously Attracting with superb finish.It is a perfume intended for those who are addicted to the game of seduction.

BOTTLE:What a marvelous idea to make a Special Party in a bottle!The bottle is as great as the perfume inside is deep,sonorous and and timelessly charming.

ULTIMATUM:recommend for the "grab me and kiss me" kind of attention and also to anyone looking for a great evening wear fragrance that stands out. Anyway i will always have DIOR HOMME INTENSE in my collection.

22nd April, 2015
I had to blind buy it as the major retailers in my area don't carry it for some reason...same goes for most of Dior's line. After reading the reviews, I was expecting a rocky ride with Dior Homme Intense.

I was expecting this to be very feminine. It's not nearly as feminine as I expected. I have other male fragrances, not counting "unisex" scents, that I consider to be WAY more femme than this is (Amouage Lyric Man, Reflection Man, regular Dior Homme, Spicebomb).

I also thought it would take time to like it, but I loved it right off the bat. Addictive immediately and more versatile that I expected. I think you could wear this not only in winter, but also in evenings throughout fall and spring.

It would go great when you're dressed sharp or formal (not business though), but it's also comforting enough to be a feel good frag when you're bumming.

It's a classy, comforting, sensual scent. I think this is a great price point, it could fetch much higher.

My only complaints are that longevity is moderate and sillage is low for me.

Thumbs way up!
18th April, 2015

I'll give Christian Dior credit, they design some hugely popular fragrances. Fahrenheit and Eau Savuage have been favorites of mine for years and I truly tried to like the Homme line, but just can't stomach Iris. To my nose it's a very feminine note that doesn't work well in a man's fragrance.

Many love this and I'm happy they do. Dior gets only a neutral from me, because I like the house and I know I'm in the minority on this line.
16th March, 2015
First i was raving about this,but now i just can't stand the scent anymore,too much of a lipstick not like the iris scent too makes it too feminine...
01st March, 2015 (last edited: 20th August, 2015)
1) It's a masterpiece.
2) It's worth the money
3) It's most likely going to get you laid

Apart from that I'd say it's more feminine than most have mentioned. It should be unisex. My girlfriend said I smelt like chocolate. I was a little concerned at first by the the lipstick notes but it grew on me. It seems to go from lipstick to vanilla pretty quickly.

Projection wasn't as good on me as other's have experienced. I decided to buy Dior Homme Parfum and the projection/longevity is better. It's also more masculine which suits my tastes.

I can't see why anyone wouldn't like this.

28th February, 2015
I wore the 2007 vintage on one wrist and the 2011 reformulated on the other to compare.

Iris, vanilla, cedar, vetiver notes are common to both the 2007 vintage and 2011 reformulated versions, with the iris and vanilla being the strongest. they're both sweet, floral, and woody, and in that sense, they can into a few different categories, and don't seem confined to one season, though they definitely leans to the cold weather, as much because of the notes as due to the strength of the fragrances. I'd say it's more of a formal night scent, given how provocative it is.

To compare the versions: vintage is heavier, more saturated, with a little more projection. The cocoa aspect is much stronger on the vintage, whereas the sweeter note in the reformulation is more like vanilla. The exorbitant costs of obtaining the vintage see

The criticisms of both versions leaning to the feminine side and smelling like makeup and lipstick are warranted, at least to me. Both smell a bit like lipstick and are somewhat powdery, and in those respects, the reformulation isn't one I'll be buying at the current pricing (cheapest I've seen is $71 for a 100ml on FragranceNet), though it's important to note that the strength (though not as strong as the vintage) makes this one worthwhile if you are a fan of the scent, as I get a while out of both versions. And it certainly stands apart from most fragrances, save the rest of the Homme collection.

It doesn't quite live up to the hype, with feminine lipstick smell being a polarizing factor, but it's something I think that ought to be smelled, as it might make a somewhat unique addition for many fans, especially fans of the original Homme.

Both are 7 out of 10
23rd February, 2015
After reading a lot of reviews and saw how this juice
was hyped i decided to blind buy it. And this was my
first designer perfume. At first spray i was unhappy at
the opening; i was expecting something "wow"
considering all the hype it got. I put it up for sale the
following week, although I was still using it. I put it on
one evening for a party. And I got my first compliment
on a perfume. My friend told me “you smell so good, I
love this perfume”. I was glad at last; all hope wasn’t
lost after all.
So I thought this fragrance was meant for the evening,
especially when it’s cold and raining or on cold
mornings. At these times I still smell it on myself after
a couple of hours.
I also discovered my DHI didn’t perform so well when
it’s sunny and hot (Nigerian weather). So knew when
to use it or not. I finally settled for this masterpiece.
Nine months later am planning to get another bottle or
the parfum version.
SUMMARY: Soft and sweet, smells feminine in the
beginning. But later the masculinity starts creeping in
after an hour or so. It performs best in cold evenings
and winter. It's suit and tie scent.
28th January, 2015
The implication that an "intense man" smells like a lot of lipstick and a bit of ladies' perfume is cheeky and makes me laugh. This is a great fragrance but a bit too...something for me. I can't tell why I get tired of it so fast but I do, so this will not become part of my regular rotation. However it's a scent that people should try, it's well-constructed, unique, and smells very good.
17th January, 2015
I am in LOVE with Dior Homme Intense! This fragrance is truly magical. I smell the lavender, warm vanilla notes and the vetiver. Perfect for evening wear on a cool day. Very masculine and like the name says "intense." It lasts for a very long time on my skin. This is a fragrance I will certainly put on top of my list.
14th January, 2015
A masterpiece.

Dior seems to be one of the few designer houses heading in the right direction with their men's fragrances. Dior Homme Intense perhaps remains the pick among their modern creations. A remarkably wonderful opening of cacao and iris with vanilla in the background is followed by a sensuous, enveloping and almost edible scent. From the middle phase onwards the fragrance becomes smoother as notes of musk and woods drift in and out. I personally get moderate projection and good longevity (7-8 hours) from this one.

Make no mistake, this fragrance is a must try for anybody and would put many higher priced niche offerings to shame.

I could well imagine this one on a young sophisticated woman.

05th December, 2014
In my house, the Dior Homme Intense is for me, not my husband. Are you kidding me? The cards are stacked against me enough as it is already – the man is devilishly good-looking, funny, kind, and carries our ten-month old daughter everywhere in his arms – in other words, a prime target for women with active ovaries anywhere. I’m not going to also spray him down with the sexiest male fragrance known to man. That would be like loading a gun and giving it to a toddler. No, the attractive husband may have my old Encre Noire. If that doesn't put a dampener on the enthusiasm of the bands of marauding women around my ‘hood, then I don’t know what will.

Dior Homme Intense is a smooth iris snuggled into clouds of cacao, musk, vanilla, and dry woods – at once distinctive and familiar. It manages to be both creamy and powdery, which is why so many people talk about Dior Homme Intense having a vintage “lipstick” vibe. For all of that, I don’t think it comes off as too femme. For me, it occupies vaguely the same territory as Guerlain’s Shalimar Initial, Van Cleef & Arpels’ Private Collection Bois d’Iris, and Byredo’s 1996, which is to say, plush, sweetened irises that come close to being gourmands but pull back from the edge at the last moment. I vastly prefer this little corner of the iris category to the rooty, citrusy, grey irises that make up the bulk of the genre. I prefer my irises sanded down and a spoonful of sugar or musk added for comfort. Dior Homme Intense is the best in show, in this regard. I love it, and consider it far superior to 95% of what you can get in the women’s aisle in the department store.
09th September, 2014
We'll deserving of it's praise. Powerful, handsome and masculine to my nose despite opinions to the contrary. Disappointing in its versatility. Otherwise, believe the hype. 5 out of 5
09th August, 2014
bFlay Show all reviews
Richly masculine floral with a tannic acid/leather vibe beneath a subtle lavedar and iris heart. Does not evolve much...just projects those notes for 6+ hours, then fades away. Becomes very slightly "too sweet" near the end of wear. This is minor and likely only noticeable to the wearer. Quite a nice fragrance overall.
21st May, 2014
As a huge fan of Dior Homme 2005 , i was very excited when I received this as a gift , I must say its very nicely done with Iris and Vanilla(too much imo) but I badly miss the leather and cacao here which I got in original EDT, and that is the main difference I see between them , I just like it but I Love the original which is far more better, masculine and very versatile piece of art if compared to this extreme version.
20th May, 2014

I have a decant of the original Dior Homme 2005. When I compare it side by side with the present Dior Homme Intense I can see a very close relationship between the two. The three main differences that I find are 1) DH 2005 opens with a strange sharpness for a few seconds and DHI doesn’t. 2) Unsurprisingly, Homme Intense comes across more potently than the original formulation of Dior Homme – although the original is no slouch in that regard. 3) DHI is smoother than DH 2005. With Homme Intense, I get about the same accords that I had experienced in Homme 2005: the make-up (lipstick) accord, the chocolate note, the powdery iris note, the quietly-refined leather base, the touch of wood, the touch of sweet. I also get the notable longevity in both. All in all, I see DHI as an improvement of the excellent Dior Homme 2005.

Dior Homme Intense is an excellent scent – it is sophisticated and it’s beautifully constructed out of quality elements. When I run out of Dior Homme 2005, I will definitely replace it with Dior Homme Intense.
24th March, 2014
Beautiful fragrance. I blind bought this after the reviews and after having smelled Dior Homme at a Sephora. I decided I had to have this. Best blind buy yet! I'm a risk taker, I know. Anyway, this is a great fragrance that exudes class and sophistication, to me anyway. It does have a mild lipstick or makeup vibe at initial spray but that isn't exactly a bad thing to me. I rather enjoy the brief air of lipstick. As it dries down it gets more masculine but soft. It lingers as well, good longevity. I could smell it on my skin after being in a smoky pub for hours. Usually all I can smell is smoke. The bottle is nice as well, suits the juice and vice versa.
04th March, 2014
Niche quality, great evening scent. Once it dries down its quite masculine, it's soft but has good depth. Is a compliment getter and just tells people that you know what you're doing when it comes to purchasing a fragrance. It now seems to be more widely available, hopefully it won't take off too much like code or million with everyone smelling of it.
14th February, 2014
I do not understand how any man could put this stuff on his skin,after reading all these positive reviews today I finally had the chance to try this fragrance.It's lipstick mixed with cheap chocolate very disappointed.
11th January, 2014
excellent longevity !
excellent silliage !
excellent projection !
i get vanilla and cocoa and a cocoa butter vibe thats unmatched. More than a night scent for me and will get compliments. I have the reformulated version 2012 and i enjoy the pear note. NO MAKE UP VIBE AT ALL TO ME! It smells great!
Signature scent 9/10 -1 because can be heavy in summer but i would use bro dior homme instead
Performance 10/10
smell 10/10
compliments 10/10
09th January, 2014 (last edited: 15th January, 2014)