Positive Reviews of Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

Find out more about Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

bFlay's avatar

Richly masculine floral with a tannic acid/leather vibe beneath a subtle lavedar and iris heart. Does not evolve much...just projects those notes for 6+ hours, then fades away. Becomes very slightly "too sweet" near the end of wear. This is minor and likely only noticeable to the wearer. Quite a nice fragrance overall.

21st May, 2014

I have a decant of the original Dior Homme 2005. When I compare it side by side with the present Dior Homme Intense I can see a very close relationship between the two. The three main differences that I find are 1) DH 2005 opens with a strange sharpness for a few seconds and DHI doesn’t. 2) Unsurprisingly, Homme Intense comes across more potently than the original formulation of Dior Homme – although the original is no slouch in that regard. 3) DHI is smoother than DH 2005. With Homme Intense, I get about the same accords that I had experienced in Homme 2005: the make-up (lipstick) accord, the chocolate note, the powdery iris note, the quietly-refined leather base, the touch of wood, the touch of sweet. I also get the notable longevity in both. All in all, I see DHI as an improvement of the excellent Dior Homme 2005.

Dior Homme Intense is an excellent scent – it is sophisticated and it’s beautifully constructed out of quality elements. When I run out of Dior Homme 2005, I will definitely replace it with Dior Homme Intense.

24 March, 2014

YellowFlash's avatar

Beautiful fragrance. I blind bought this after the reviews and after having smelled Dior Homme at a Sephora. I decided I had to have this. Best blind buy yet! I'm a risk taker, I know. Anyway, this is a great fragrance that exudes class and sophistication, to me anyway. It does have a mild lipstick or makeup vibe at initial spray but that isn't exactly a bad thing to me. I rather enjoy the brief air of lipstick. As it dries down it gets more masculine but soft. It lingers as well, good longevity. I could smell it on my skin after being in a smoky pub for hours. Usually all I can smell is smoke. The bottle is nice as well, suits the juice and vice versa.

04 March, 2014

Mrpleasent's avatar

Niche quality, great evening scent. Once it dries down its quite masculine, it's soft but has good depth. Is a compliment getter and just tells people that you know what you're doing when it comes to purchasing a fragrance. It now seems to be more widely available, hopefully it won't take off too much like code or million with everyone smelling of it.

14 February, 2014

jayfly2412's avatar

excellent longevity !
    excellent silliage !
    excellent projection !
    i get vanilla and cocoa and a cocoa butter vibe thats unmatched. More than a night scent for me and will get compliments. I have the reformulated version 2012 and i enjoy the pear note. NO MAKE UP VIBE AT ALL TO ME! It smells great!
    Signature scent 9/10 -1 because can be heavy in summer but i would use bro dior homme instead
    Performance 10/10
    smell 10/10
    compliments 10/10

09 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 15 January, 2014)

blackheart2925's avatar

India India

starts with lipstick and ends with chocolate and spice :)

never been much of a gourmand or food smelling frags and prefer spicy / woody / oriental one but this one hooked me from the first spray of the sample...

on my skin it starts off with a lipsticky smell which quickly tones down into something spicy and then a lingering chocaletey and spice smell...longevity around 6-8 hrs but projection seems to be less than the opening notes seem to indicate.

not too strong and nice, looking forward to trying this at work, of course this is what passes for winter here in India, lets see how it performs as a summer frag

05 January, 2014

mars_2005's avatar

England England

Quality fragrance. Quality Ingredients.

Great longevity and projection.

29 December, 2013

stefly321's avatar

Intense by name, intense by nature!

WOW!! Having been looking for a signature fragrance for many years, i think i may have found mine. After the powdery dry down this has to be one of the most potent frags yet. It oozes charisma and lasts a very long time. It does have a feminine note but the masculine notes make it a definite mans fragrance, even though it's very floral. This is something you would only wear for those special occasions, you couldn't wear it for work ,say. It would be like going to work in a tuxedo! It's pure class in glass......................UPDATE. Having opened this for the first time recently, i wore it for a night out. But something wasn't quite right. It wasn't as powerful and didn't last that long. The tester in the store smelt more powerful and creamier. So i went back to the store to check again. The assistant sprayed a test card for me and i couldn't believe what i was seeing, it was that elusive silver collar (vintage). So i'm guessing its either an older test bottle or they're letting you smell the vintage and then selling you the reformulation (The assistant said she didn't know). According to checkcosmetic.net, mine was made in Aug 2013 (3RD reformulation). The test card from the store i could smell just walking into the room at home where i left it (Fantastic projection). I tried it with mine and it doesn't give off anything near as much sillage. You have to get within 6 ins of the card to smell it. But considering iris absolute can cost on average £70,000 a kilo ($105,000), i think Dior have decided to cut back on it!! So to conclude, this IS still a nice fragrance, just without the kick and creaminess of the vintage and should be called an eau de toilette, it doesn't deserve the eau de parfum tag that the vintage had. So i'll drop it from 5 to 4 stars.

Pros: One of the nicest scents i've smelt.
    Cons: Needs the kick of the vintage to be classed as eau de parfum."

13 September, 2013

Awakening950's avatar

Masterpiece

This should be in every collectors wardrobe.

07 August, 2013

ShoeMan9's avatar

The " Makeup Vibe" In this fragrance does NOT stick out like others say.

All that's been said about this fragrance is enough to warrant its 5/5 star ratings.

This is a MUST-Smell there is a strong chance you'll love this fragrance.

That infamous make up vibe in this fragrance isn't bad at all considering how well it blends with the cocoa in it so don't let others reviews put you off for atleast sampling it

Pros: Well Blended, Projection, Longevity, Pleasant, Not TOO sweet. It is just right
    Cons: Price, might not be for lovers of the 1980s powerhouse fragrances ( My father loves it though & He was a grag head in the 80s to 90s )"

24 July, 2013

craniumbash's avatar

Pakistan Pakistan

Beautiful

A truly great fragrance that is well made and trample over many niche offerings. The fragrance projects class and it quite an attention grabber from the feminine gender. I consider myself lucky to have gotten my hands on the first formulation of this artwork and that too for a good price. Still on the lookout for more of these first formulations for reasonable prices around me and I sure will stock up on any that I find. Already got 2 bottles of this and save it for special occasions as my signature (generally in the colder weather).

Pros: A wonderful scent for a well groomed guy.
    Cons: Not good for warm weather as it tends to get "too much"."

20th July, 2013

BladeUK's avatar

Panty dropper for sure...

Women love this scent. I wore the parfum version in the office and I got nothing but compliments from female colleagues. My female boss always loved sniffing me up until it got to a point when she apologised for fear it could be sexual harassment!

But I'm not sure how I feel about the smell! It doesn't seem to be that popular in London I've noticed. When you first wear it, there is a hint of a sweet lipstick/bubble gum note that does not make you feel masculine at all and you can think 'is this a lady perfume?'- I had to check it wasn't some female version I acquired! Women like the smell and like the fact that it is subtle and not overpowering.

I can't ignore the fact that it is a panty dropper and in a sophisticated way - it it not as in your face as Le Male or Issey Miyake, it seems to seduce women in a subtle way, they might want to get close to you or hug you just to use it as an excuse to compliment your scent, I'm not complaining ;)

Pros: Long lasting, women pant over it and ask what I'm wearing
    Cons: Lipstick / bubble gum hints gives images of 'my little pony'

22 June, 2013

GianniGG's avatar

modern masterpiece

Unique and sophisticated. It smells smooth iris and vanilla. It's powdery, woody and floral. Some people could find this fragrance too feminine for their taste but it's definitely a male fragrance. It lasts more than 10 hours and projects very well. 5/5

15 June, 2013

RHINORAY's avatar

In my top 5. I love it.

Let me make this short and sweet. This is a panty dropper.

Pros: Sexy woman love it
    Cons: none

04 June, 2013

Jridgen's avatar

Great fragrance

This is a fantastic and seductive scent. If I could only own 3 fragrances, this would be one of them. I have only worn the original so I can't speak for the reformulation, but it projects well, lasts a long time and the sweet vanilla/cocoa drydown is velvety smooth. This one will make you stand out.

16 May, 2013

timmy-j's avatar

THE most beautiful designer fragrance I've ever smelled. A powdery vanilla/cocao w/ a touch of iris. Def not an uber-masculine scent. A must try for anyone interested in frgrances. I use it mainly for spesial occasions, great for a dressed up night out. This is the only one in my collection that I cannot find any fault in. Great projection/longevity/sillage. 10 out of 10.

19 April, 2013

Sly2scents's avatar

I finally bought myself a bottle to see what the hype was about. Unfortunately, I bought the reformulated version. I must say this is harmony in a bottle. If I could get my hands on the original for a decent price I wouldn't mind having both.

13 April, 2013

Marais's avatar

A smooth, chalky iris scent with a moreish vanilla base. A hint of cocoa powder comes from the interplay of those main notes, perhaps. Not sweet enough to qualify as a gourmand in any case (hallelujah!). It fully deserves its position amongst 'the greats'. Four sprays last all day, with moderate projection. Not particularly challenging to wear but could be considered unisex and requires a degree of self-confidence often lacking in the modern metrosexual male. Which makes it very sexy on those who have the 'minerals', as they say. {review of vintage EdP}

11th April, 2013

Taskphorce01's avatar

Pure Heaven. As soon as I received my sample of this and tested it, I fell in love with it. I don't care what season it is, it's a WINNER. It is very creamy yet spicy with a blend of sandal/cedar wood, cocoa, and light vanilla...which immediately I detected. It had me repeatedly checking the sample spray on my wrist. Very delicious. Can't go wrong with this one...I might even enjoy this over my all time favorite and signature scent Fierce.

Huge thumbs up. I will be buying a big bottle.

24 March, 2013

98ViperGTS's avatar

I feel compelled to write about this absolutely stunning fragrance. I won't break it down, as I don't feel I'd do it justice, and it's already been done many many times. First, it was outrageously hard for me to track down a bottle of this stuff, and it's not even the "vintage". I was all over Canada, parts of the US, and the eastern carribean (Nassau, Grand Turk, st. Thomas, and San Juan), in hundreds of department stores, and fragrance stores. The only place I found this was in duty free at Miami International. They had only 2 bottles, and had I gotten my nose on this stuff before purchasing, I would have bought whatever was there. It shows up sometimes on fragrance net, but usually sells out fairly quickly. Upon first sniff of this, I was shocked. Knew about the "lipstick" note, but didn't really mind that. My first impression was not a good one. I found it interesting, as I hadn't gotten my nose on anything like it before, but I wasn't blown away (this bring such a hugely talked about frag). I slept on it, literally. Woke up the next morning and got a whiff of my pillow..... Been in heaven ever since. Now I love every aspect of the fragrance, and appreciate it for what it is. Heaven in a bottle. I own a lot of fragrances (60-70) some quite expensive (including Aventus, MI, etc.). Being from a small town where most everybody purchases their fragrances from the shoppers drug Mart, and everybody smells the same, I purchased completely unique stuff online. While I test and love almost everything before purchasing, DHI is the only blind buy for me, and it's the only one that I have received very vocal compliments on. It's actually quite ridiculous what this fragrance does. Curious to smell the vintage, but enthralled about what I have. Thank you Dior

17 March, 2013

rbaker's avatar

This is a review if the DHI new formulation with the black collar: there is a good iris note in the beginning, that is followed by a drydown mainly composed of an amber-cedarwood scent that is convincing in its depth and originality.  When  compared with the original DH I find that on my skin there is only minimal lipstick present in the first few minutes, and there is much less of cocoa.  Nonetheless, this is a sweet scent that can possibly be cloying on some skins in the heat.  This is a gourmand designer fragrance of de-facto niche quality, something that hitherto was to me mainly the preserve of Hermes and Chanel, but with this product - like with DH - LVMH has proven that they can produce more interesting fragrances that they usually do - albeit as an exception.   DHI is softer and more velvety than other lighter gourmands like, for instance, Casual Friday.  A great scent for colder seasons.

10th March, 2013

Mick_Trick's avatar

Ireland Ireland

Funny one this... Tried it around 4 months ago... and it was an instant scrubber...all I got was the iris note... Anyway tried and loved LIDGE at the same time and bought that.

But after sometime I couldn't get DHI out of my head.. Tried it recently and fell head over heals in love with it. My nose must have developed? I had a sample of Equestrius by P d'Empire and I think it was this that helped me get iris notes. Needless to say a full 100ml bottle is now in my collection.

As for how it smells... divine comes close. First I am hit by the fizzy and sparkling iris note, sure it's a bit make-upy, but in a good way, think it was this that put my off at first. Then over the next couple of hours the cocoa really makes an appearance, really warming and powdery with the iris. I also feel the vetiver blend in increasingly over the duration (this I really like also). The drydown is heavenly as others have mentioned. All in all a classic.

Already got a load of compliments for this, which were unexpected as I though the iris was a bit daring, but it seems to have a wonderful effect on my wife... :-)

So from scrubber to 'can't get enough', this is a bit of a love/hate frag, but once it gets you it will never let go.

I would bathe in this if I could... A masterpiece...

12 February, 2013

's avatar

I have never smelled the original, but I can't imagine this to be any better than what it already is. When people use the term "sex in a bottle" I always think of DHI. My wife absolutely goes crazy for this stuff and whenever the kids are gone and we go out you better believe this is what I'm wearing!

21st January, 2013

JoshPeters's avatar

Another huge fan of DHI!

After much deliberation, I hunted high and low for this frag (I'm skeptikal on ordering online). I eventually found it in debenhams in Guildford. I instantly fell in love. I am a massive fan of DH but was dubious about wearing it in public due to the ubiquitous Iris note that dominates throughout. DHI was my answer as it is masterfully blended with cocoa, vetiver and lavender that IMO makes it a tad more masculine. I have been enjoying wearing this on cold nights in the snow.

Longevity is phenomenal, my skins seems to absorb frags like a sponge so was not dissapointed with my money spent. Projection and sillage are average for me which works well for me as I don't want to choke people out after all!

Huge thumbs up, I will always have this and if Dior ever discontinue I will hunt down Francois demachy!

20th January, 2013

's avatar

This is another piece of art along with Dior Homme. This is darker and sweeter than DH. Great lasting power with medium projection and sillage. There isnt much to say about this gorgeous scent. This is far superior than the reformulated version. Thumbs up!

10th January, 2013

Mandrake's avatar

Venezuela Venezuela

I have two bottle of the first formulation of this wonder, I can only say that it is liquid elegance and sensuality! The iris that both annoys many for that feeling to lipstick or makeup, here are disguised by luscious vanilla achocolada with a touch of wood. Ojo, still feels the iris but not starring in the composition. Dior did a good job with this! I enjoy it since it was launched on the market, and I can say with certainty that the girls love. My lady drooling for her. Proper projection and longevity marathon.

20th December, 2012

theonlywaste's avatar

I fell in love with this fragrance the second I smelled it. Its such a beautiful scent. Iris, cocoa, everything I need. This is my signature scent, my favorite, the scent that I believe is made for me. If you ask me, nothing smells better than this.

09 December, 2012

Mr. TL's avatar

Refined and classy. Beautiful fragrance from the initial spray, to sometimes 10 hours later. I tend to disagree with others descriptions of this fragrance; most mention iris and cocoa, but to my novice nose it comes off to me as a wonderful woodsy base with a touch of floral sweetness. Extremely easy to wear, and a total compliment getter.

05 December, 2012

RickS1169's avatar

possibly my favorite. the iris mixed with cocoa and vanilla is one unique smell. although, it is hard to find an occasion to wear it. nevertheless, i have worn it several times and each of the times i have, i have received compliments. now, i dont necessarily wear cologne for anyone else besides myself, but when you walk into a room and a group of girls literally say "holy s**t you smell so good" it certainly doesnt hurt.
    scent - 9.5/10
    projection - 10/10
    longevity - 10/10
    i blind bought this based on what i like, but this is unique, so sampling wouldnt be a bad idea.

28 November, 2012

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

A masterpiece and one of my top ten fragrances for fall and winter and also in my wardrobe. I looove this fragrance! <3
    It's a classy fragrance, great for special occasions for a gentleman with tie and suit.
    Start semi sweet with vanilla, some lavender, huge dose of Iris note and only hint of coco.
    Very pleasant and well balanced.
    In the dry down, the iris note settle down and go in the background with almost powdery and so sweet scent of vanilla and coco. this is the best part of this fragrance. it's a little too sweet for some guys and that's the reason why they don't like it. but it's a incredible beautiful scent and it's god damn classy. very elegant and sexy!
    In the base some woodsy notes joining the party and give this fragrance more masculine vibe, but they are in the background.
    Project like a beast and last over 12 hours on any skin. it's a bomb!

20th November, 2012