Positive Reviews of Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

This was the first fragrance I bought that wasn't a gift. When I first smelt it I was thinking, what an amazing smell.

To date its my favourite fragrance and nothing has ever come close.

The only one in my collection that I will walk past and take the cap off just to have a smell. I don't really get the "bag of lipstick" thing.

Its incredible, a work of art. If I only have one frag for the rest of my life this is it.

Although not the most versatile, I wouldn't wear it to work, its more of an evening frag for me.
12th July, 2015
I smelt Dior homme yesterday, and wow what a wonderful smell!! And the fact that this one's even better compels me to blind buy this.. Can't wait to edit this review!!
24th June, 2015
Simply fantastic. This was a blind buy, based upon a visit to the local fragrance counter to check it's sibling. Today I wore it for the first time, and BAM! This juice lasted a full 12 hours on me. My prep after showering is to hit 2 sprays, and follow up with some fragrance free facial moisturizer. Coming into the office today I asked one of my friends if she noticed the new Dior on me, and she said she really could not due to her own aquatic fragrance. Well just before lunch she popped into the office to say she got a real nice aroma down the hall, and followed into where I was sitting.

Several times I had to judge wether I had picked up a smidgen of oud, but after reflection it must be the combination amber and iris notes. The dry down was perfect, and projection was solid. This is an impressive expression of a perfumist's art. Bravo!
04th June, 2015

artlin Show all reviews
I absolutely love this fragrance. This could well be the ONE for me (until something better comes along). I was trying out a sample of Sospiro Duetto which I think is brilliant but I could not get hold of a full bottle. I am so grateful that I found DHI because IMO it comes very close to the more expensive Italian fragrance.
The floral start is very pleasant. Not a feminine floral at all. The action is immediate and continues to evolve over the next hour or so when the cedar and vanilla begin to shine.
My wife just loves it as well. I sampled Dunhill and Narciso Rodriguez at the same time and she went straight for the Dior.
On my first proper wearing of this fragrance, I could still smell it the next morning.
If you have not already tried it, I suggest that you get a sample. You will not be disappointed.
03rd June, 2015
The gods be thanked in these unforgiving times! No need to add much so permit me to editorialize about one facet of this terrific offering. I don’t quite know what the “Virginia Cedarwood” mentioned in the pyramid is (and this from somebody with a country house in rural Virginia). However, I would be a much happier man if this could supplant the appalling hamster cage cedar chip note in so many modern fragrances.
02nd June, 2015
As perfect as Dior Homme and heavily similar to it (no point in describing the notes again then): just deeper, probably with more iris, slightly darker, muskier, more powerful and with a bolder lasting on skin. Maybe slightly woodier too. Layering the two of them using Dior Homme Intense's drydown as a base for Dior Homme brought me this close to getting rid of 90% of the rest of my wardrobe. I am not familiar with the alleged variations among Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense batches, all I know is that my 2014 bottle of the Intense is a glorious, delightfully non-redundant companion to its timeless brother.

8,5-9/10
06th May, 2015
Salutation.

INTRODUCTIONlet me again tell you this DIOR EDP is a masterpiece.In my opinion one of the most important factors about great fragrance is how unique the smell is to you personally and DHI is one of the best I've tried.

MY DEFINITION:It is hard to keep your hands off when your man smells like this and i am sure this lovely DIOR will remain a everlasting and continue to entice ladies because it is like a soft-spoken famous artist whom all the ladies in his entourage fall in love with.

TRAITS:My signature is almost hypnotic fragrance.A fragrance of Intense Sensations,Conspicuously Alluring,Mysteriously Attracting with superb finish.It is a perfume intended for those who are addicted to the game of seduction.

BOTTLE:What a marvelous idea to make a Special Party in a bottle!The bottle is as great as the perfume inside is deep,sonorous and and timelessly charming.

ULTIMATUM:recommend for the "grab me and kiss me" kind of attention and also to anyone looking for a great evening wear fragrance that stands out. Anyway i will always have DIOR HOMME INTENSE in my collection.

22nd April, 2015
I had to blind buy it as the major retailers in my area don't carry it for some reason...same goes for most of Dior's line. After reading the reviews, I was expecting a rocky ride with Dior Homme Intense.

I was expecting this to be very feminine. It's not nearly as feminine as I expected. I have other male fragrances, not counting "unisex" scents, that I consider to be WAY more femme than this is (Amouage Lyric Man, Reflection Man, regular Dior Homme, Spicebomb).

I also thought it would take time to like it, but I loved it right off the bat. Addictive immediately and more versatile that I expected. I think you could wear this not only in winter, but also in evenings throughout fall and spring.

It would go great when you're dressed sharp or formal (not business though), but it's also comforting enough to be a feel good frag when you're bumming.

It's a classy, comforting, sensual scent. I think this is a great price point, it could fetch much higher.

My only complaints are that longevity is moderate and sillage is low for me.

Thumbs way up!
18th April, 2015
This is really a scent from heaven...and the dry down is amazing just love the coco/vanilla......you can blind buy this for sure....
01st March, 2015
1) It's a masterpiece.
2) It's worth the money
3) It's most likely going to get you laid

Apart from that I'd say it's more feminine than most have mentioned. It should be unisex. My girlfriend said I smelt like chocolate. I was a little concerned at first by the the lipstick notes but it grew on me. It seems to go from lipstick to vanilla pretty quickly.

Projection wasn't as good on me as other's have experienced. I decided to buy Dior Homme Parfum and the projection/longevity is better. It's also more masculine which suits my tastes.

I can't see why anyone wouldn't like this.

28th February, 2015
I wore the 2007 vintage on one wrist and the 2011 reformulated on the other to compare.

Iris, vanilla, cedar, vetiver notes are common to both the 2007 vintage and 2011 reformulated versions, with the iris and vanilla being the strongest. they're both sweet, floral, and woody, and in that sense, they can into a few different categories, and don't seem confined to one season, though they definitely leans to the cold weather, as much because of the notes as due to the strength of the fragrances. I'd say it's more of a formal night scent, given how provocative it is.

To compare the versions: vintage is heavier, more saturated, with a little more projection. The cocoa aspect is much stronger on the vintage, whereas the sweeter note in the reformulation is more like vanilla. The exorbitant costs of obtaining the vintage see

The criticisms of both versions leaning to the feminine side and smelling like makeup and lipstick are warranted, at least to me. Both smell a bit like lipstick and are somewhat powdery, and in those respects, the reformulation isn't one I'll be buying at the current pricing (cheapest I've seen is $71 for a 100ml on FragranceNet), though it's important to note that the strength (though not as strong as the vintage) makes this one worthwhile if you are a fan of the scent, as I get a while out of both versions. And it certainly stands apart from most fragrances, save the rest of the Homme collection.

It doesn't quite live up to the hype, with feminine lipstick smell being a polarizing factor, but it's something I think that ought to be smelled, as it might make a somewhat unique addition for many fans, especially fans of the original Homme.

Both are 7 out of 10
23rd February, 2015
After reading a lot of reviews and saw how this juice
was hyped i decided to blind buy it. And this was my
first designer perfume. At first spray i was unhappy at
the opening; i was expecting something "wow"
considering all the hype it got. I put it up for sale the
following week, although I was still using it. I put it on
one evening for a party. And I got my first compliment
on a perfume. My friend told me “you smell so good, I
love this perfume”. I was glad at last; all hope wasn’t
lost after all.
So I thought this fragrance was meant for the evening,
especially when it’s cold and raining or on cold
mornings. At these times I still smell it on myself after
a couple of hours.
I also discovered my DHI didn’t perform so well when
it’s sunny and hot (Nigerian weather). So knew when
to use it or not. I finally settled for this masterpiece.
Nine months later am planning to get another bottle or
the parfum version.
SUMMARY: Soft and sweet, smells feminine in the
beginning. But later the masculinity starts creeping in
after an hour or so. It performs best in cold evenings
and winter. It's suit and tie scent.
28th January, 2015
The implication that an "intense man" smells like a lot of lipstick and a bit of ladies' perfume is cheeky and makes me laugh. This is a great fragrance but a bit too...something for me. I can't tell why I get tired of it so fast but I do, so this will not become part of my regular rotation. However it's a scent that people should try, it's well-constructed, unique, and smells very good.
17th January, 2015

I am in LOVE with Dior Homme Intense! This fragrance is truly magical. I smell the lavender, warm vanilla notes and the vetiver. Perfect for evening wear on a cool day. Very masculine and like the name says "intense." It lasts for a very long time on my skin. This is a fragrance I will certainly put on top of my list.
14th January, 2015
A masterpiece.

Dior seems to be one of the few designer houses heading in the right direction with their men's fragrances. Dior Homme Intense perhaps remains the pick among their modern creations. A remarkably wonderful opening of cacao and iris with vanilla in the background is followed by a sensuous, enveloping and almost edible scent. From the middle phase onwards the fragrance becomes smoother as notes of musk and woods drift in and out. I personally get moderate projection and good longevity (7-8 hours) from this one.

Make no mistake, this fragrance is a must try for anybody and would put many higher priced niche offerings to shame.

I could well imagine this one on a young sophisticated woman.

05th December, 2014
In my house, the Dior Homme Intense is for me, not my husband. Are you kidding me? The cards are stacked against me enough as it is already – the man is devilishly good-looking, funny, kind, and carries our ten-month old daughter everywhere in his arms – in other words, a prime target for women with active ovaries anywhere. I’m not going to also spray him down with the sexiest male fragrance known to man. That would be like loading a gun and giving it to a toddler. No, the attractive husband may have my old Encre Noire. If that doesn't put a dampener on the enthusiasm of the bands of marauding women around my ‘hood, then I don’t know what will.

Dior Homme Intense is a smooth iris snuggled into clouds of cacao, musk, vanilla, and dry woods – at once distinctive and familiar. It manages to be both creamy and powdery, which is why so many people talk about Dior Homme Intense having a vintage “lipstick” vibe. For all of that, I don’t think it comes off as too femme. For me, it occupies vaguely the same territory as Guerlain’s Shalimar Initial, Van Cleef & Arpels’ Private Collection Bois d’Iris, and Byredo’s 1996, which is to say, plush, sweetened irises that come close to being gourmands but pull back from the edge at the last moment. I vastly prefer this little corner of the iris category to the rooty, citrusy, grey irises that make up the bulk of the genre. I prefer my irises sanded down and a spoonful of sugar or musk added for comfort. Dior Homme Intense is the best in show, in this regard. I love it, and consider it far superior to 95% of what you can get in the women’s aisle in the department store.
09th September, 2014
We'll deserving of it's praise. Powerful, handsome and masculine to my nose despite opinions to the contrary. Disappointing in its versatility. Otherwise, believe the hype. 5 out of 5
09th August, 2014
bFlay Show all reviews
Richly masculine floral with a tannic acid/leather vibe beneath a subtle lavedar and iris heart. Does not evolve much...just projects those notes for 6+ hours, then fades away. Becomes very slightly "too sweet" near the end of wear. This is minor and likely only noticeable to the wearer. Quite a nice fragrance overall.
21st May, 2014

I have a decant of the original Dior Homme 2005. When I compare it side by side with the present Dior Homme Intense I can see a very close relationship between the two. The three main differences that I find are 1) DH 2005 opens with a strange sharpness for a few seconds and DHI doesn’t. 2) Unsurprisingly, Homme Intense comes across more potently than the original formulation of Dior Homme – although the original is no slouch in that regard. 3) DHI is smoother than DH 2005. With Homme Intense, I get about the same accords that I had experienced in Homme 2005: the make-up (lipstick) accord, the chocolate note, the powdery iris note, the quietly-refined leather base, the touch of wood, the touch of sweet. I also get the notable longevity in both. All in all, I see DHI as an improvement of the excellent Dior Homme 2005.

Dior Homme Intense is an excellent scent – it is sophisticated and it’s beautifully constructed out of quality elements. When I run out of Dior Homme 2005, I will definitely replace it with Dior Homme Intense.
24th March, 2014
Beautiful fragrance. I blind bought this after the reviews and after having smelled Dior Homme at a Sephora. I decided I had to have this. Best blind buy yet! I'm a risk taker, I know. Anyway, this is a great fragrance that exudes class and sophistication, to me anyway. It does have a mild lipstick or makeup vibe at initial spray but that isn't exactly a bad thing to me. I rather enjoy the brief air of lipstick. As it dries down it gets more masculine but soft. It lingers as well, good longevity. I could smell it on my skin after being in a smoky pub for hours. Usually all I can smell is smoke. The bottle is nice as well, suits the juice and vice versa.
04th March, 2014
Niche quality, great evening scent. Once it dries down its quite masculine, it's soft but has good depth. Is a compliment getter and just tells people that you know what you're doing when it comes to purchasing a fragrance. It now seems to be more widely available, hopefully it won't take off too much like code or million with everyone smelling of it.
14th February, 2014
excellent longevity !
excellent silliage !
excellent projection !
i get vanilla and cocoa and a cocoa butter vibe thats unmatched. More than a night scent for me and will get compliments. I have the reformulated version 2012 and i enjoy the pear note. NO MAKE UP VIBE AT ALL TO ME! It smells great!
Signature scent 9/10 -1 because can be heavy in summer but i would use bro dior homme instead
Performance 10/10
smell 10/10
compliments 10/10
09th January, 2014 (last edited: 15th January, 2014)
starts with lipstick and ends with chocolate and spice :)

never been much of a gourmand or food smelling frags and prefer spicy / woody / oriental one but this one hooked me from the first spray of the sample...

on my skin it starts off with a lipsticky smell which quickly tones down into something spicy and then a lingering chocaletey and spice smell...longevity around 6-8 hrs but projection seems to be less than the opening notes seem to indicate.

not too strong and nice, looking forward to trying this at work, of course this is what passes for winter here in India, lets see how it performs as a summer frag
05th January, 2014
Quality fragrance. Quality Ingredients.

Great longevity and projection.

29th December, 2013
Intense by name, intense by nature!

WOW!! Having been looking for a signature fragrance for many years, i think i may have found mine. After the powdery dry down this has to be one of the most potent frags yet. It oozes charisma and lasts a very long time. It does have a feminine note but the masculine notes make it a definite mans fragrance, even though it's very floral. This is something you would only wear for those special occasions, you couldn't wear it for work ,say. It would be like going to work in a tuxedo! It's pure class in glass......................UPDATE. Having opened this for the first time recently, i wore it for a night out. But something wasn't quite right. It wasn't as powerful and didn't last that long. The tester in the store smelt more powerful and creamier. So i went back to the store to check again. The assistant sprayed a test card for me and i couldn't believe what i was seeing, it was that elusive silver collar (vintage). So i'm guessing its either an older test bottle or they're letting you smell the vintage and then selling you the reformulation (The assistant said she didn't know). According to checkcosmetic.net, mine was made in Aug 2013 (3RD reformulation). The test card from the store i could smell just walking into the room at home where i left it (Fantastic projection). I tried it with mine and it doesn't give off anything near as much sillage. You have to get within 6 ins of the card to smell it. But considering iris absolute can cost on average £70,000 a kilo ($105,000), i think Dior have decided to cut back on it!! So to conclude, this IS still a nice fragrance, just without the kick and creaminess of the vintage and should be called an eau de toilette, it doesn't deserve the eau de parfum tag that the vintage had. So i'll drop it from 5 to 4 stars.

Pros: One of the nicest scents i've smelt.
Cons: Needs the kick of the vintage to be classed as eau de parfum."

13th September, 2013
Masterpiece

This should be in every collectors wardrobe.

07th August, 2013
The " Makeup Vibe" In this fragrance does NOT stick out like others say.

All that's been said about this fragrance is enough to warrant its 5/5 star ratings.

This is a MUST-Smell there is a strong chance you'll love this fragrance.

That infamous make up vibe in this fragrance isn't bad at all considering how well it blends with the cocoa in it so don't let others reviews put you off for atleast sampling it

Pros: Well Blended, Projection, Longevity, Pleasant, Not TOO sweet. It is just right
Cons: Price, might not be for lovers of the 1980s powerhouse fragrances ( My father loves it though & He was a grag head in the 80s to 90s )"

24th July, 2013
Beautiful

A truly great fragrance that is well made and trample over many niche offerings. The fragrance projects class and it quite an attention grabber from the feminine gender. I consider myself lucky to have gotten my hands on the first formulation of this artwork and that too for a good price. Still on the lookout for more of these first formulations for reasonable prices around me and I sure will stock up on any that I find. Already got 2 bottles of this and save it for special occasions as my signature (generally in the colder weather).

Pros: A wonderful scent for a well groomed guy.
Cons: Not good for warm weather as it tends to get "too much"."

20th July, 2013
Panty dropper for sure...

Women love this scent. I wore the parfum version in the office and I got nothing but compliments from female colleagues. My female boss always loved sniffing me up until it got to a point when she apologised for fear it could be sexual harassment!

But I'm not sure how I feel about the smell! It doesn't seem to be that popular in London I've noticed. When you first wear it, there is a hint of a sweet lipstick/bubble gum note that does not make you feel masculine at all and you can think 'is this a lady perfume?'- I had to check it wasn't some female version I acquired! Women like the smell and like the fact that it is subtle and not overpowering.

I can't ignore the fact that it is a panty dropper and in a sophisticated way - it it not as in your face as Le Male or Issey Miyake, it seems to seduce women in a subtle way, they might want to get close to you or hug you just to use it as an excuse to compliment your scent, I'm not complaining ;)

Pros: Long lasting, women pant over it and ask what I'm wearing
Cons: Lipstick / bubble gum hints gives images of 'my little pony'

22nd June, 2013
modern masterpiece

Unique and sophisticated. It smells smooth iris and vanilla. It's powdery, woody and floral. Some people could find this fragrance too feminine for their taste but it's definitely a male fragrance. It lasts more than 10 hours and projects very well. 5/5

15th June, 2013