Neutral Reviews of Kapsule Light by Lagerfeld

Find out more about Kapsule Light by Lagerfeld in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

odysseusm's avatar

A pleasant spice scent. Not sweet, not heavy.
    Generic but acceptable. Don't get any bitter orange.

04 November, 2012

sherapop's avatar

Subtle or boring? Well, it's all a matter of personal values, I suppose. KAPSULE LIGHT, to me, is a subtle, slightly masculine-leaning cologne. The dominant cedarish quality is I gather imparted by iso-E-super? So I guess that what I loved about WOODY was not the iso-E-super, because here the spices are at the threshold of being undetectable. To my nose, the overall feeling is closer to Molecule 01 than to WOODY. Yes, LIGHT, as advertised, is light. This would be a fine scent for the modern wall-less open office. I am also sure that this would mix well with more intense perfumes, to mellow them out a bit. I am going to try mixing this one with some of the harder-hitting offerings from the house of Comme des Garçons...

Although the individual perfumes of this collection are not earthshatteringly brilliant, overall, I am happy with the KAPSULE collection. Great concept, splendid aesthetic execution on all fronts. Why even the silver-and-white-accented, textured black cardboard boxes are beautiful! Did I mention that Karl's signature is stamped (with raised lettering as in Braille) on the bottom of the bottles? The color of this bottle, by the way, is a lighter version of the tealish-smokey blue of the WOODY bottle. They look so sleek lined up together. Bravo, Karl!

14 November, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar

This feels like M7 Fresh Light. I really get the agarwood/soapy musk. Clove is a dominant note as well but not as big as stuff in the Diptyque scents. A nice scent if you enjoy these aspects.

11th October, 2009

purplebird7's avatar

Something for the apologetic perfume wearer who wants to smell freshly-washed, as though having just stepped out of the shower with the faint aroma of cleanser wafting off the skin. A clean, gently soapy citrus fades quickly to a skin scent. I can’t dislike it, but I want my perfumes to do much more than this

02 April, 2009