Neutral Reviews of 9 IX Rocawear by Rocawear

Find out more about 9 IX Rocawear by Rocawear in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Sailor Dave's avatar

Not all that bad of a fag but the dry down is a one note scent. Good longevity, close to the skin. Not complex enough for me.

It's OK but there are better choices out there.

11th September, 2014

Don Corleone's avatar

Its not terrible, but not as good as Rocawear's followup scents "X" and "Evolution". Definitely a generic citrus with minimal character, not very well blended either. Plenty of better citrus/musk offerings out there for you hard earned dollar.

09 April, 2013

sjg3839's avatar

I know a lot of reviewers knock this frag, but I like this one. I know it is generic and all that, but if has a scent that I'm comfortable with. I wouldn't wear it consecutive days, but I will sport this one every so often. This one seems more suited for a younger crowd.

03 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 07 March, 2013)

man114's avatar

Yawn.

Not untolerable. Not memorable. Typical mass appeal stuff. Rather unusual take on a woodsy drydown. Dunno what I'd consider this. Inferior Usher derivative? Not worth the time?

Yawn.

30th December, 2011

thatsmr2usir's avatar

This is a very young, juvenile, teenage cologne! Its fresh, sweet like Pink bubble gum to my nose. While it wont offend anyone, O 1 should be so lucky! Also may I add it does not last long either, if this is what your into for a frag, than I suggest go for what you know. I wont give it a thumbs down, but I am going to give it a neutral rating on the more thumbs down side.

18 July, 2010

urfliness's avatar

Almost exactly identical to Polo Explorer.I mean frighteningly identical.

14 March, 2010

Tony T's avatar

a lot of thought was put into jay's first scent but to not much avail. at least he didn't do a remake (sean john) so it gets points for that. overall though a citrusy start and a faint woody end , i guess for romantic evenings because your significant other will have to bury her face in your chest to get a whiff of this.

03 February, 2009

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

I was going to write a review, then I read SirSlarty's...he pretty much sums it up. It smells like something else, though there is a bit of quality, just a bit, shinning thru.
    I get citrus and melon in the opening...and it doesn't change much from there. Light, very light woods and musk in the dry down.
    So just as already mentioned...just another frag from a clothing compnay trying to fit in. Love the bottle though...thin rectangular copper metal looking thing.

31st December, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

I file Rocawear under celebrity fragrances due to the tie in with star rapper Jay-Z. I sorta like it but it's got that "hey it smell like something else" feel. Abrasive citrus on top, spices in the middle and hearty drydown of woods and musk. Not innovative, just another perfume from a clothing company trying to fit in.

13 December, 2008

djobeat's avatar

To my nose, this is stronger version of allure homme. It stays a long time on my skin, but I can't smell it other than sniffing it. But it is definitely there. Got a bit bored by it sweetness at the end of the day. Smells great in around first 4 hours though.

28 November, 2008

Anthony87's avatar

Boring, boring, boring. Faceless 'wood' contrasted with powder, crap longevity & virtually no sillage. Wear it if you want to smell like every other guy over the 2008 holiday period.
    Also they are VERY HEAVILY promoting this rubbish over the 2008 christmas shopping period at Australian retail, so alot of poor blokes will wake up with this stinker in their stocking this Xmas.
    Nevertheless, you could smell much worse, so I will give this one a neutral - there are much better 'innoffensive' fragrances on the market.

25 November, 2008