Reviews of Sunset Voyage by Nautica

Find out more about Sunset Voyage by Nautica in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

KL863's avatar

This is not a bad cologne at all. It's just a scent not to be worn to anything fancy.

It's tropical
    It's summer
    It's casual

And it dosent try to be anything else.
    It does not seem to last a long time and I was suprised to get a compliment 6+ hours into it from a lady standing in line with me.
    To the wearer, it just fades quickly but it must linger for others.

Also makes a good room air freshener =)

03 September, 2012

The_Cologneist's avatar

A great sweet and dirty orange, with an aquatic/slightly tropical and beach-like feel. Sadly, that's about it. 4 out of 5 stars for smell. 2 out of 5 for longevity, it's gone entirely in under 2-3 hours.

Some say it smells like Coppertone, which I can see. But, to me, Coppertone smells hella good.

28 February, 2010 (Last Edited: 10th February, 2011)

Tony T's avatar

a light tropical bland mix. lasts an hour or so and is completely for the wearer's enjoyment. farbetter scents with longevity such as bermuda tonic and burberry summer.

29 April, 2009

Royal's avatar

As said before, this is great as long as it lasts. Which isn't very long at all, which is very disappointing. However, I find that sweat tends to completely re-activate this fragrance - breathing on my wrists is more than enough to "wake" it up to write this review. So, this is strictly to be worn outside, in warm weather. Anything less and it dies very quickly. When it's there, it's great. The dry-down straight-up smells like a beach while it's there, with some spices and tropical fruits thrown in. Then again, I've been turning heads all day today, so either this blends in with my body chemistry and smells completely amazing, or I just look good today. I really don't know which.

09 March, 2009

joleran's avatar

There's just nothing there. I used 6 or 7 sprays on myself, and it was hardly detectable. That said, the hints of what I got weren't horrible, just weak.

02 October, 2008

AnimaSola's avatar

I bought this for a very cheap price at TJ Maxx. It is pleasant enough, with sweet and spicy notes mitigated by a clear and cool essence. Not bad at all. Fair longevity.

21st September, 2008

Shaheen's avatar

This fragrance opens smelling of tropical fruits and a hint of suntan lotion (like Coppertone). I think this opening smells great, and definitely reminds me of summertime and the beach. These top notes last all of 10 minutes however...

The mid and base notes smell like beach sand and chili powder or cayenne pepper. It's very spicy to my nose, and is reminiscent of eating Mexican food while sitting on a beach.

Honestly, I find the dry-down rather disgusting, and extremely disappointing. The top notes are so fruity and summer-like. The dry-down is just gross. I couldn't wait to take a shower and wash this fragrance off, as the spiciness (like I said, Mexican or Indian food) was making me feel a little queasy.

I don't care for any of the Nautica fragrances, however I feel the original Voyage is vastly superior to this.

15 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 25 January, 2011)

SirSlarty's avatar

Bah, doesn't last. It's nice and all but it's got 1 hour on me, tops. A suntan lotion version of Voyage.

13 September, 2008