Neutral Reviews of Sunset Voyage by Nautica

KL863 Show all reviews
This is not a bad cologne at all. It's just a scent not to be worn to anything fancy.

It's tropical
It's summer
It's casual

And it dosent try to be anything else.
It does not seem to last a long time and I was suprised to get a compliment 6+ hours into it from a lady standing in line with me.
To the wearer, it just fades quickly but it must linger for others.

Also makes a good room air freshener =)
03rd September, 2012
A great sweet and dirty orange, with an aquatic/slightly tropical and beach-like feel.

After several years I decided it's time to revise a review of this one, once again. It fell back, and was pushed back (literally) on my fragrance shelf by other stuff, stuff with better performance. The major drawback in Sunset Voyage is its durability. It doesn't project much, not for very long, and it only lasts a few hours. Some say it smells like Coppertone, which I can see. But, to me, Coppertone smells hella good. What I never really realized over the years of having this though, is there is certainly some complexity here, and it's more than just another boring Summer flanker. Already having a top note of orange as opposed to the typical aquatic notes, allows for this to go the more citrus route. I can definitley detect the citrus.. but, lotus leaf, wet freesia, beach sand? What are these notes? The result is some sort of aquatic hybrid of Terre d'Hermes, much more wearable, far more versatile, and no moldy orange note. Although not listed, there is a sort of incense like dry down with this one, whether I'm smelling incense or various synthetic woods, it smells quite nice. My only gripe is the sprayer on the bottle tends to jam up. I have had this bottle in my collection 3 times, yes I'm on my 3rd bottle of it (mostly because I overspray because of durability issues), and each time I have had problems with the sprayer on the bottle.
28th February, 2010 (last edited: 21st November, 2014)
Royal Show all reviews
As said before, this is great as long as it lasts. Which isn't very long at all, which is very disappointing. However, I find that sweat tends to completely re-activate this fragrance - breathing on my wrists is more than enough to "wake" it up to write this review. So, this is strictly to be worn outside, in warm weather. Anything less and it dies very quickly. When it's there, it's great. The dry-down straight-up smells like a beach while it's there, with some spices and tropical fruits thrown in. Then again, I've been turning heads all day today, so either this blends in with my body chemistry and smells completely amazing, or I just look good today. I really don't know which.
09th March, 2009