Reviews of Onde Mystère by Giorgio Armani

Find out more about Onde Mystère by Giorgio Armani in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Onde Mystere is an extremely spicy and musky rose with a fluidy/incensey characteristic temperament, along the way projecting a watery, fresh and almost (as well as epytomized by the bottle) crispy/sparkling (but finally soapy) vibe. The spicy (incensey) muskiness is finally the dominant element in the olfactory basement on which the spicy/soapy rose roots down its feets while the note of vanilla is sapiently dosed rising up at distance in the general soapiness. I don't find this unisex aroma particularly dark or mysterious in spite of its spiciness and the oriental approach while I catch a general sort of balmy/cosmetical almost neutral spicy vibe around. While in substance the spicy rose is initially fresh and aqueous it becomes finally musky and soapy/incensey (the note of incense appearing neutral/soapy, lightly ambery and not traditionally dusty liturgical). Interesting and sexy/organic type of scent which anyway performs in an airy and almost sultry way. Interesting concontion that plays stout on my skin for long.

17 March, 2014

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Mysterious, this fragrance certainly is. Dark, slightly masculine, spicy and intriguing.

I'm not very familiar with Armani scents however I am impressed by what I have tested so far. Onde Mystere is unique and daring, yet pleasant and attractive.

The bottle design provokes a sense of darkness and underlying gothic tones. Although slightly masculine, and having the versatility to be unisex, this fragrance will not make a woman feel unfeminine. The roses and spices balance this scent with softness and sweetness.

I didn't have a problem with the lasting power, I thought it lasted quite well on my skin, yet the sillage is not all that strong. I like that aspect however, because this scent works well as an intimate fragrance, a scent that lures people in and captivates them depending on how close you are.

Onde Mystere is a very likable fragrance. I will be interested to try the other fragrances in this Onde series.

27 April, 2011

odysseusm's avatar
    odysseusm

Developed by Maurice Roucel.
    I like it. There is nothing here to keep a man from wearing and enjoying this.
    It has a fresh, enjoyable quality. The potentially heavy and sweet elements are restrained.
    Rose lurks appealingly in the background, along with a very light incense note.
    I am super-sensitive to vanilla and find hardly any here.
    Thus, I find this attractive. It is sheer and perhaps short-lived, but otherwise it is an admirable light summery scent.

30th December, 2010

hedonist222's avatar
    hedonist222
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

This is from my all time top 5 perfumes. It is amazing.

05 October, 2010

w3pearl's avatar
    w3pearl

Ehm... am insult to rose perfumes.

This is bad medicine.

24 April, 2010

pasha's avatar
    pasha

It is not really an 'onde'. More like a little wiggle on a water. A sugar-y, D&G Light Blue-esque water that is way too light and feeble for its own good, and hefty GA price.

Bottle, sans the tassel, is lovely.

14 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 07 March, 2011)

Margareta's avatar
    Margareta
    Sweden Sweden

Not for sale in my country. Got a litle sample when I was traveling in another european country. I do love this wonderful oriental-vanilla-fraganse! Gentle and deep at the same time! Very easy to wear! I will buy it the next time I get to another country!

Notes from osMoz:
    top: Rose, Spices
    heart: Incense, Benzoin
    base: Musk, Vanilla, Amber

26 September, 2009

Scentsamillion's avatar
    Scentsamillion

I just got this perfume and discovered that it smells incredibly similar to Feminite Du Bois by Shiseido and is a little less heavy on the woodsy undertones. I like this perfume as an alternative to the Shiseido perfume because it is lighter and has a fresher composition. I wore the Shiseido perfume for many years until it became too difficult to find and have always wanted to find a perfume which smells similar but has an updated feeling. All of the qualities I loved about the Shiseido perfume I also found in Onde Mystere. This perfume is lighter and on me did not endure as long as Feminite Du Bois. The rose notes lingered the longest on me with Onde Mystere, and the woods lingered longer on me with Feminite Du Bois. They're both two of my favorite perfumes.

17 August, 2009