Neutral Reviews of Gucci Flora by Gucci

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is peony - centred,
but on my skin it is rather thin. The rose in the drydown is all right, quite generic, as is the light and nondescript patchouli. Admittedly it is neither overly.sweet nor cloying, and that is good. The sillage is moderate, projection ok and I get five hours longevity.

Not a scent I am excited by. 2/5
08th July, 2015
Flora smells to me like an old-school chypre after a board of sales consultants demanded all the leathery and animalic elements be replaced with cheap wood and chemical sweetener. Not too bad but it bothers my nose in the first phase with some sweet powdery attack particle. Good for floral fans that can't stomach the older stuff.
15th January, 2014
I have the EDP and I love it. Starts off sparkling mandarine, bright and soft citrusy, very lightly spicy and a floral heaven. Sadly, it fades out too quickly and has vanished to the wind after 30 minutes on me, although it lasts a bit longer - about 2 hours on my daughter. And this is the EDP. The only reason I won't replace my bottle is the lasting power. the neutral review is for the lasting power on me. Otherwise I love love love the scent.
17th November, 2012

My sister was/is crazy about this one so I bought it for her wedding in 2010. Needless to say, I'm not crazy about this one but also I can't bash it too much, however it's not a very inspiring fragrance, not to mention it's price which is quite undeserving for what it offers.
22nd October, 2012
A relatively good floral scent but not worth its relatively high price tag if you are on a budget.

6.5/10
15th March, 2012 (last edited: 14th May, 2012)
It's okay. On first spritz it is pleasant, dries down okay then all I got was a sharp urine smell - quite astringent and acrid. I was not impressed. This was on a card though so perhaps it needs to react with skin for that note to take a different form.

There are hundreds of better frags to spend my money on. If someone said - here's a bottle for free (ie a gift) I would kindly accept it - but I wouldn't buy it for myself.

Sad to see this is the replacement for Envy - which is a far superior fragrance. This is just basic flowers without the heart and warmth of something like J'Adore.

On a lighter note - the Eau Fraiche is okay - poor sillage but I keep it on my desk for a freshening up (amongst about 10 other samples...)
23rd June, 2011
Nice, is a good word to describe Flora by Gucci. It's pleasant and clean but rather boring and safe.

While obviously aimed at the younger market, Gucci chose to use a simplistic floral composition of citruses, peony, rose, osmanthus, patchouli and sandalwood. Not what I would call a daring combination.

At the time of this fragrance's release, most of the world was heading into the warmer months, however Australia was going into Winter. Because Flora is so light, fresh and powdery, I don't expect that this fragrance will be a best seller this month.

I would have liked to have seen some stronger floral notes such as; jasmine or orchid added to this fragrance to give more of a kick and depth to the scent. The scent as it is now is far too common for it to be oustanding.

I'm disappointed that this fragrance turned out to be so mainstream. With a name like Gucci, they could have easily gotten away with experimenting with new and unique floral combinations. Here's hoping that their next release, which is also rumoured to be aimed at the younger crowd, is much more daring.

27th April, 2011
This is a transparent floral that boasts citrus (I get that), peony (where?), rose (what?), osmanthus (I get that), patchouli (surely you are kidding!) and sandalwood (mmm maybe). So this is a kinda citrus osmanthus that drys down to...not much. And it is sweet, really sweet. In some ways, this reminds me of the spineless friend of Chaos by Donna Karan. It's not bad, really, but it's not that good, either. (I should disclose that I am not an osmanthus fan. And if you are, try Osmanthus Interdite by Parfums d'Empire. It does the same thing, only better.)
10th October, 2009