Positive Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma

Find out more about Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea by Acqua di Parma in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

tempest moon's avatar

What a gorgeous one this is!

It is one of the freshest, most beautiful, natural smelling summer floral scents I have ever come across! I really like it and find it very nice!

It opens up with a beautiful sweet lemon accord. Not sugary sweet, just the natural sweetness of the lemon. It's coupled with a very soothing aromatic Basil note and the most wonderful rendition of sweet Myrtle flower blossom. Absolutely incredible! You can just imagine this wonderful Italian garden by the sea. I also get a hint of salty sea breeze coupled with the prominent flower blossom.

I highly recommend this if you want a very natural smelling, Mediterranean style floral fragrance. Acqua di Parma has really impressed me with this one. Try it if you get the chance!

31st May, 2014

wormstir's avatar

Ahhh this fragrance is lovely, definitely one of the best of this line along with the discontinued Cipresso - there is something so wonderfully accessible about Mirto di Panarea.

It is a simple fresh citrus fragrance with a dirty green basil note added. This basil has the effect of making the scent really interesting - it turns into a sort of lovely classy creamy green grapefruit type smell, in the line of something like Miller Harris' Tangerine Vert. This is a very natural and classy smelling fragrance that is quite a step above your normal summer designer frags and aquatics. I get plenty of compliments when I wear this to work. Wonderful for wearing at work in an oxford shirt with the sleeves rolled, or at a barbecue in the summer sunshine.

As ever with this line though, longevity is middling to poor, although this is one of the better ones from the Blu range - I get 2-3 hours from this - but what a wonderful 2-3 hours it is!

21st February, 2014 (Last Edited: 16 May, 2014)

rum's avatar

Greece Greece

A citrus-burst with a HEAVENLY note of basil in the opening, this is another prime example of how Acqua di Parma can really capture the essence of the Mediterranean in it. I love the smell of basil when you touch the plant, or the taste of it over cheese and tomato on a freshly made pizza.
    But like all good things, the citrus in the opening is gone in minutes and the basil follows shortly after. Those few minutes are moments you don't want to end, but alas they do. Sadly this scent doesn't last long, but the concept is really a 10/10.

09 January, 2014

Darvant's avatar

A new (less loud, leathery-animalic and angular) Antaeus's son. Aromatic, rosey and breezy. Magistrally executed this wonderful fragrance is dry, aromatic, classic and invigorating in an elegant way. A touch of marine breeze in the middle of the greens reinforces the cool-airy summery vibe. The wonderful myrtle, immediately detectable in the fuss of the initial hesperidic mess, in its link with aromatic elements, rose-jasmine, patchouli and oakmoss, reminds me the great Antaeus in its classy and cool floral-aromatic feel. The combination of aromatic herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, may be mint), myrtle and red fruits is so cool, sharp and comforting with that "frozen effect" you can enjoy utterly on your body when you abide in ambience with air-conditioning facilities. The smell is so natural and when you spray this juice on your chest after the shower in the course of a humid and warm day you feel immediately restored and refreshed. The mildness is minimal, the juice is constantly cool, aromatic-green and rosey with a cool starring note of myrtle in its link with black currant (pungent and fruity) and lemon. The lemony vibe is more notable than the minimal orangy feel under my nose. The base is mossy (a touch of labdanum?), musky and citrusy. The juice is more modern,  linear and less barber-shop kind than the great Antaeus cause the note of angular bergamot is minimal and the herbs are diversely modulated in order to imprint a green kind of linear aroma. While the Antaeus's dry down is leathery and animalic (but always angular and scattered) the Mirto di Panarea's dry down is lighter and smoother with a sort of iodate, creamy and slightly prickly breeze. On the side of Fico di Amalfi this one is another juice to be enjoyed along the mediterranean seaside.

21st July, 2012

Akahina's avatar

This one has some of the most natural smells I have experienced in any fragrance. It starts of with a very nice citrus note of orange and bergamot tempered with a slightly sharp and green note of myrtle. As it progresses there comes a slightly sweet smell of black current and rose with a couple of other floral notes. In the end a "just right" blend of amber, cedar and juniper is added to the mix and it seems a touch of musk. Very unisex and an amazing aroma for the summer months. Longevity is not amazing at about 4-5 hours for me before it becomes a skin scent, but that is acceptable for a summer fragrance. Definitely not boring as a summer scent like so many aquatics and yet there seems to be a slight sea accord in here too. This one is is not overpowering in warmer weather, just right.

28 May, 2012

Don GIOVANNI's avatar

Mirto di panarepma is a great fragrance rare an natural scent that i love an get lots of compliments,smells fresh fancy.

28 July, 2011

fernwood's avatar

This is as advertised. I smell Italy the Mediterranean . This is fresh aquatic clean. There is rose and some amber. Well done. I get the feeling that I'm walking on a street in Italy on the Mediterranean and I bump into a well dressed gentleman and I smell his freshly laundered shirt with a hint of the Acqua di Parma colonia he is wearing. Very nice.

03 September, 2010

jalexhrovat's avatar

I truly liked this one as well. The opening isn't unique, but the transition to the floral side of the fragrance makes it stand out. I too got hints of jasmine and rose. The juniper does indeed add some bite to it and I'm a sucker for juniper. Couldn't really pick out the major components in the base, but if I could make and educated guess, it would probably be a cedar base, because it usually goes well with a citrus/floral opening. Great fragrance from the Blu Mediterraneo line that is put down too often.

28 June, 2009

ANGIESDOEBOY's avatar

All I really have to offer is wow! This stuff is great, Purchased last year at Nordstroms
    along with Assoluta, I must say this is one heck of a fresh scent, I wear this to work and receive compliments like crazy, I have half a bottle left and already I want a back up! You will not be dissapointed in this colonge BUY NOW!

03 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 26 June, 2009)

Somerville Metro Man's avatar

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea

The Acqua di Parma Colonias are all three quite nice takes on the citrus-forward scents and I like them all. The Blu Mediterraneo line has been less successful on me and its my respect for the Colonias that keeps me trying these as they come out. I liked this one more on the strip than any of the others and so I had hope this would be better. I was not disappointed as right from the top I got a nice tight composition of orange, lemon and bergamot. What is nice about this is that each note is present and accounted for. This combination is the beginning of hundreds of citrus fragrances but when it is done right you are reminded why it is such a successful top and it is done right here. This then blends into a very subtle floral heart with jasmine and hints of rose mixed with a juniper note that adds some bite. A heavier hand would have obliterated the top of this but here this is like walking from the citrus groves into the flower garden on a spring day. The base is also subdued, cedar combined with a very light amber. For me, this is another well-done scent from Acqua di Parma which can easily be placed next to the Colonias without embarassment.

28 February, 2009