Reviews

Neutral Reviews of Musc Nomade by Annick Goutal

As a semi-sweet booze and currant scent with Ribena aspirations, Musc Nomade starts big and almost gourmand before settling into low-level powdery hum of a musk that desiccates over time. Once it’s calmed down, a cushion-like effect takes over and the scent feels like the olfactory equivalent of an alpaca blanket. It’s soft and quite powdery but with enough berry leaf remaining to anchor it as interesting. But as a musk fragrance, it’s PG-rated — disappointingly so.
05th March, 2015
From reading a few reviews of this and seeeing some of the notes, I thought I was in for a real treat when I ordered a 15 ml bottle of this. However I was very disappointed once I received it. I've given it a few tries, but the scent never seems to take off for me. It seems thin and lays close to the skin smelling like a paler version of richer and meatier Ambre Fetiche. I'm begining to realize that I don't much care for scents that feature 'white musk" as opposed to a musk that is much "dirtier". It could have benefitted greatly from such a note. However, it's pleasant and some may enjoy this as a light summer musk scent.
16th March, 2009