Positive Reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Unbelievable fragrance. So versatile!! Okay so it suffers some performance issues especially after various reformulations but this is one fragrance where I can overlook that problem.

Gathers many compliments from Men and Women, remains both sexy and sophisticated. Ultimately this is what I want to smell like.

Just a tip for those that miss the original formula.

Tip 1 - Spray the fragrance onto unscented lotion and clothes. This will help to prolong the scent.

Tip 2 - The newer formulation has the cardamom toned down which was something that made this scent so wonderful. Buy yourself some cardamom essential oil and add a few drops to your lotion/skin. It will remind you of the good old days!!
07th November, 2017
It seems like everyone likes this , women especially .
Its a very pleasent scent , that can be easily worn, i prefer to wear this evening only . Its a more modern subtle evening wear scent
its a 8/10 for me .
Very easy to wear , and safe to buy .
Only down part of this scent is that i am smelling more and more often ..
Its not unique anymore ..
But its still a winner !
10th October, 2017
L'Homme is one of my favorite everyday scents, and La Nuit is a little stronger with a slightly spicier, much more seductive top-mid with the recognizable L'Homme mid-base. The gradual/linear dry down is also similar. La Nuit fades about twice as fast on me (4-6 hours) as L'Homme (8-10 hours), but that's actually better for a night out -- a strong start is more important than extreme longevity.
22nd June, 2017

Phenomenal fragrance and a steal for the price! Amazing.
07th May, 2017
Nice inoffensive scent. The Cardamom makes it more enjoyable. It's not too sweet but definitely adds to that sexy vibe a lot of new fragrances are going for. The vetiver is not over-powering and the fragrance warms up over time. The lack of notes gives it a transparent quality where the top notes don't quite disappear. I can see why some guys say it's popular with the ladies because it's more on the sweet side. This is a mild recommendation.
08th April, 2017 (last edited: 09th April, 2017)
In the same vein as scents like Nuit d'Issey.

La Nuit de L'Homme is similarly thought-provoking, evoking images of a night time excursion with friends into town. There is a definite presence of YSL's wonderful L'Homme EdT in this one, adding its characteristic tangy/spicy/woody aroma but getting enveloped by La Nuit's awesome deep concoction of spice and vetiver.

Really pleasant and lasts a long time on me. La Nuit de L'Homme definitely gets a hearty thumbs up from me!
25th February, 2017
a warm spicy transparent scent.

a very good combination of lavendar and cardamom in the opening. the fragrance gets slightly sweet and woody as it dries down. it comes off as a transparent type of fragrance in my books. one of the first fragrances in my collection. never got bored of it. the performance is just good.

8.8/10
10th November, 2016
great warm smell, not too sweet, not synthetic .
longevity is good
projection i can't tell but it seems women like this one , no compliments for me yet but i notice something makes them feel good about the scent.
this a safe bet for fathers day present
24th October, 2016
I have had this fragrance for quite a while (3 years), I find it quite a subtle fragrance after the initial blast.
The bergamot and cardamon dominated opening lacks another element which could make it more exciting,( a pepper accord, perhaps?). The citrus has all but disappeared within 10 minutes.
Drying down to base of vanilla and wood, it's quite a comforting skin scent not unlike some vintage ladies perfume.
Sadly, on my skin, it doesn't project too well and I can only just smell it half hour later.
I do love the scent but longevity is only moderate. ( in saying that, a friend had just commented on how good the perfume smelt, from 5 meters away, half an hour after wearing it, but I could hardly smell it on myself!)

It's a scent that I would wear to a casual dinner out with friends. Still, a 'good' scent from a great fragrance house that is Yves Saint Laurent, which has produced so many iconic perfumes.
05th September, 2016
This gets lots of love in the marketplace and I'm not going to trend outward from that perspective. Love it. Everyone loves it. It's the most noticed scent I own, partially because I wore way too much of it twice almost choking myself out. 4 blasts - upper bare chest, wrists, hair and 2 hours later my buddy's eyes are watering because of YSL LNDL. Thankfully we were only at a Daddy/Daughter dance so the damage was minimal... at best. I only hope my daughter isn't known as the girl whose dad likes to go BD in YSL LNDL, but something tells me YSL hasn't hit the 4-7 age market.

A definite blind buy recommendation since you need to own it, IMHO.
03rd March, 2016
BoxPred Show all reviews
Just sublime. My current favourite.

I fell in love with this scent the moment I sampled it. This is like heaven in a bottle.

I find that I have a preference for frags containing cardomom so maybe it has something to do with that. I really struggle to break this one down with notes, it transcends that for me. Just a sweet scent that is rather unique in my book. A versatile offering great for both work and social occassions. The bottle is simple and classy. YSL are certainly one of the better designers out there in terms of perfume which I say having sampled a wide range of their offerings and compared to others.

I get average sillage and longevity, or maybe I just wish it would last forever. I consider this a classic and a must have for any collection.
21st February, 2016
This is a very attractive scent. The notes are beautifully blended and there is nothing anyone could dislike here. Somehow it is still interesting. I have the current formulation which is much derided. It's very disappointing when you buy a fragrance because you love the scent and then read online that your new version "sucks". I find it very hard to judge performance and longevity and projection as I feel I may not be smelling it but it may still be there. Personally, I have always found I stop smelling fragrances on myself after a few minutes unless I bury my nose in my wrist. But I have sometimes received compliments on fragrances long after I was conscious of them. Based purely on scent this is an 8.5/10 for me.
09th January, 2016 (last edited: 14th January, 2016)
Love, Love, Love this scent. I have come to the conclusion that I am a huge fan of spice and Cardamom. This checks all the boxes.
Sophisticated..... Check
Manly............. Check
Longevity......... Check
Great Sillage..... Check
Spicy............. Check
Oriental.......... Check

I did not think in this modern era of girly men's colognes I would find a cologne that did not stink of powder, flowers, fruit or Citrus.

No matter the age this cologne is great!
01st December, 2015

Is the key that opens the doors to time immemorial, to an oriental world. It is a "deep" and fine creation from YSL House.

19th October, 2015
I believed the hype and bought a sample. Needless to say I will be buying a bottle soon as my new signature scent once my Lacoste Essential runs out. Imagine CK one shock with less tobacco.
24th September, 2015 (last edited: 01st October, 2015)
Elegant fragrance from YSL and easily one of their very best. It's a somewhat dark take on the classic L'Homme, with some ginger and cardamom spice. The spice is softened by a floral that provides a sweet accord, but nothing sugary.

Many reviews like Nuit as an evening and fall through winter scent, but IMO it would work in the office easily. Superior quality and longevity. Average sillage. A definite lady pleaser. Highly recommended.
11th August, 2015
Salutation.

Very nice for winter nights and perfect for classic styles.the new version L Homme is seductive,dark and intense it lasts around 8 hours on my skin.

But it is really remember last version then if you already have L Homme this is not a great choise!anyway YSL style is ever for my lovely.

7.75/10
09th June, 2015
La Nuit de l'Homme is emotionally related to me as the beging of my heavy fragrance buying period. It was just fantastic then. So naturally Le Parfum and Frozen Cologne were also added to the family. I still have my original 200ml bottle with half left, not bad 100ml in fice years. But I think it's strange people talking about LNdlH being weak or watered down or whatever in this field. What make me buying it in the first place was the fact that I came home with a papper strip tester, I wasn't very sure of it when I was in the shop, put on my desk in the bedroom and let sit there for about a week wating for the scent finally vanish, which it did after all that time. My bedroom was like a lavender temple and that smell sealed the deal for me, I had to have it. Perhaps I have a lavender nose, and love lavender, and that makes it impossible not to have La Nuit de l'Homme. Because of the lavender. The same happens with Dior Homme Intense, my favourite, my darkest lavender scent, so far.

I am only convinced a scent doesn't last with a papper/tissue test. Skin absorbes everything. Even poison. La Nuit de l'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent is a very powerful scent in all aspects.
16th May, 2015
SJDG Show all reviews
This one took sone time getting used to but i love it.I purchased a 100ml bottle about 2-3 months ago based off all the positive reviews I've been reading and watching and I didn't like this one at first.The first 30 minutes or so arent pleasant to me at all but the dry down is amazing.I think this would probably be too sweet for me in the summer but i love this as a winter/early spring scent.For thosewho dont like this try L'homme.Thats what made me appreciate La Nuit.I still like L'homme more but La Nuit is a great scent too
25th March, 2015
My very first sniff told me it was too powdery so I passed, but then I heard enough people recommending it that I gave it a second chance and I like it, very much.

It's sweet and powdery, but there's a cedar-type smell to my nose that is very good and that balances the sweet and powdery. Taken altogether, these notes dance on my skin for hours. Great smell, longevity, and projection. The smell is great for the person wearing it and it's a crowd pleaser, more so than Bleu de Chanel, I have found, because this one is stronger, and the smell is better.

My other YSL is Opium Eau de Parfum, a bottle from around 1998. This La Nuit is a big step up from that, at least compared to that aged juice. The Opium edp is more of a powerhouse, but La Nuit is just right. This, Fahrenheit, and Platinum Egoiste are my favorites so far, with ADG Essenza also getting my attention.
08th October, 2014
This is a rather feminine fragrance to my nose but that makes it all the more interesting and sensual to be a man wearing it. I guess that's been the trend lately. Anyway the top and middle of this are really amazing, just masculine enough to make the wearer feel sexy. As others have said, the smell is "fresh" enough to be just fine as a daytime smell, despite the advertising. My only criticism of the smell is that as the base notes come out at the end of the day it gets even a bit more feminine, and like some of the Guerlain scents I've used, things start to smell a bit like baby wipes. If just a bit of the top or middle notes would linger as long as the bottom, the smell would really be perfect all the way through. I don't see this as a major flaw, though, because the notes I'm talking about only come out some eight hours after applying, which means the fragrance lasts well over eight hours! I smelled it easily after a ten hour day at work, yet this fragrance is still soft in its own way and doesn't really announce its presence. In my opinion gentleness and longevity are the perfect combination.
10th August, 2014
The scent that started my interest in fragrance! It's light and powdery, yet sophisticated and mature. I don't love it like I once did. I now prefer the EdP though it doesn't seem to last as long. For the perfect layer EdT:EdP 1:2.
27th June, 2014
On of my all time favorites. The toilette is good but keep an eye out for the perfume version. Wow. I use to wear this scent all the time to class which looking back on it was genius, it's just so effin sexy! Now a days, I only wear it to go out to the bars on Friday or Saturday nights, even then sometimes I wanna wear something a little more expensive... I'm shallow tho....

This scent is unique and hard to pick out notes in, it becomes one sexy unique cloud. It's dark, maybe peppery? For the price every man should own this, and sometimes walking around the city it feels like every man does. Girls really do love it though so I don't blame them, my girlfriend tells me it's one of her favorites, I think she just remembers college though. Good old days. A classic for me.
20th March, 2014
La Nuit is an excellent evening wear scent, definitely not recommended for the office unless you're going for "the creeper" look/feel. La Nuit is very strong a spicy in the opening with a hint of nail polish, once the ash has cleared though it is very powdery with sharpness and spice that radiates comfort and warmth. This scent makes me think of a group of 20 to 30 year old men sitting around a local hipster bar / tavern wearing loosened ties and sport jackets, drinking a dark heavy bourbon or Canadian whisky. A very seductive scent that has to be worn in the right setting.

Ironically, a great compliment to La Nuit (in my experience only of course) is Gold Bond powder. It seems to bring out the warmth of the scent and help it to project even better, give it a try.

Excellent projection and average longevity (4-5). A good compliment getter if worn in the right situation.
24th December, 2013
So far the best scent i know! extremely seductive, intoxicating dark, mystical and masculine are some of the words I can describe this jewel. It lasts a long time and projects great and without ever being overpowering. It can be worn in any season and occasion.. but spray lightly on hot summer days. Simply a masterpiece.
19th November, 2013
YSL, this is your attempt at a sick, tasteless joke correct?

Disclaimer: If this works for you, all the more power to you.

Personally, I felt like I sprayed on a pleasantly blended spicy, oriental when I used the tester at Macy's. Perfect timing for this fall/winter fragrance as we now have a cold climate up in minnesota. After spraying the tester, I noticed it was pleasant, but possibly weak. I noted the dry down as I walked around the mall, and noticed it was gone within 3 hours, and just attributed that to the 2 sprays I got.

I tested more at home after I purchased it. Probably 12 sprays and realized with family members that either this was kind of watered down or it was really watered down. Family members actually smelt, in order, the 1. surrounding air. 2. the fragrance bubble I should have. 3. a foot from my application. and then 4. on my skin. At the 4th area the general consensus was "oh, now I smell you. You smell like a watered down 80's powerhouse frag"

At least they verified my suspicions and that I wasn't suffering from olfactory fatigue. It was definitely worse than the tester. And frankly, this was a bad fragrance, at least it was on my skin. I am usually not paranoid about testers being double concentrated or something, but after this experience it was like...that was especially fishy.

Overall, it was a pleasant smell that was practically "on my skin." The fragrance died after about 1-2 hours.

At any rate, if you are inuit maybe I can see you pulling this off in your igloo, with your battery operated humidifier in colder than Hoth temperatures. If you dont get the reference, google image it. In my opinion, I never smelt the fragrance when it was first released in 2009, but what I smelt was insulting.

I wish there was more I could talk directly about the fragrance, but this is so bad, there is nothing else I can talk about. Biggest letdown of any cologne I have had in my arsenal thus far. The english language lacks proper hyperbole to accurately describe how, literally, "soft" this fragrance is.

First fragrance return I have ever made.

Pros: Possibly best spicy oriental "top notes" around
Cons: Overhyped by basenotes IMO, lacks in projection, longevity, silage, and compliments"

06th October, 2013
Tony T Show all reviews
Wiil Be a Staple in my Collection

could be unisex. I am ok with that. this is 1 of the best night scents around. A true classic that every Basenoter should at least sample. Compliments galore!! I can't add 2 much of what has already been stated..

Pros: Long lasting-great smell
Cons: 8+ sprays is required"

26th August, 2013
A solid fragrance!!

la nuit de lhomme is a beast!! However 4 sprays will NOT get the job done. So for those that complain about the projection or longevity,,, get like me and spend $100 on the 6.7oz and go nutz on the trigger!!!! At first I had the 1.7oz an only applied 4 sprays. Two neck and each wrist. Smelled great but didnt project and garner the compliments I was looking for. But it was okay bc my fiancé loves it and could easily smell it when she was close to me. Cuddling, hugging etc. But I wanted more. So when it was time to re-up, I purchased the Man size 6.7 bottle!! And the first use I went HAM (hard as a motherf@cker) 12 sprays!! All over my skin and a few on my shirt. And BAM,,,, the compliments started rolling in. The first time was this cute bartender,, Jill. Her exact words from inside the bar (a good 4-6 feet away) were, "omg what kind of cologne are you wearing? (I answered) Wow that smells really good like yummy,, mmmm!" In my head I was like "wow!! She can smell me from that far away?!?"

So,, yeah guys. This is a must have!! Just gotta lay it on thick. Don't worry, it won't be cloying. Especially if its night time winter weather. (I wouldn't wear this in the daytime) Also,, make sure you moisturizer your skin with a unscented lotion or something. You WILL get 2 hours of monster projection, about 2-3 hours of good projection, and the rest will be huggin distance projection. It will be on your shirt the next morning as well. Solid performer!!!

Pros: Affordable, long lasting, chicks dig it!!
Cons: 10+ sprays to get good projection/longevity"

21st August, 2013
Nice evening scent

I was not so crazy about this scent when I first opened it. The scent when you first spray it is rather harsh and sharp. It dries down nice and it last about 5 to 6 hours on my skin. This is not a scent I recommend for the young crowd. I suggest 25 and up.

Pros: longevity and projection on my skin
Cons: harsh opening"

02nd August, 2013
AWESOME

My favorite frag, absolutely love the smell and I get great longevity and projection on this one. Girlfriend goes mental for this one, its actually kind of crazy haha. Most female compliments on this fragrance for me.

Pros: Awesome manly smell, babe magnet
Cons:

15th June, 2013