Reviews of Brasil Dream by Estée Lauder

I usually don't wear jasmine but this is soft and pleasant.
03rd August, 2015
jingles Show all reviews
I won a part bottle on Ebay for £4.00 35ml of a 50ml bottle . It reminds me of a softer version of BY by D&G and It lasts most of the day ,realy like this one as when I am moving around I catch a hint of the perfume , so am bidding on a full bottle .
09th February, 2012
The opening is bright & effervescent; not really fruity to my nose, but with just enough neroli to give it an edge. The floral notes quickly take over, & although l can't pick them out individually, the jasmine & gardenia combine to create a creamy, classically tropical accord, along with the coconut milk. At this stage it could possibly be cloying if overapplied, but after continuing in this vein for a couple of hours, it slowly becomes softer & creamier, fading out after 5 hours or so.
I wouldn't call this a "poor girl's Tuberose Gardenia"; it's fun & flirty, casual & playful, where TG is more serious, beautiful, elegant & refined. I love TG, but save it for holidays & special occasions. Brasil Dream is the one l wear whenever l need that "mood lift" Mimi described.
04th July, 2011

Very much like a poor girl's EL Tuberose Gardenia. Strong, buttery white florals. Can't speak to lasting powder, but I'd like a bottle.
16th November, 2010
This is a limited edition issue along the same lines as Emerald Dream and Bali Dream .
Brightly effusive, strong on initial spray - tropical fruitiness,gorgeous gardenia, neroli ,a touch of coconut milk ,followed by jasmine ....starting to sound like a non alcoholic cocktail served by a tanned, muscular man on a beach in Brazil ,yes ? Dream on ,Mystic Knot! I guess that's the idea.
This perfume has some good points- the lovely jasmine and gardenia notes, the non invasive fruitiness and it's tenacity.
The let down is the dry down which is SO generically Estee Lauder- I even smell some of this in Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. It screams 'department store' - meaning the actual smell of a cosmetics dept of a store to me.

Still it's at first wildly gorgeous but it does end in abit of a pedestrian way . Like a very pretty and glamorous woman at the start of the evening who looks tired and old by 2 am . Worth a shot though ,great as a mood lift.
To summarise- it's simple enough ,uncomplicated fun in a bottle. Everyone needs some of that, sometimes.

21st March, 2010