Reviews of Géranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Find out more about Géranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Longwei's avatar

Poland Poland

OFFICE TEST:
    Female 1: 3.5/5, Impression: subtle but sexy
    Female 2: 4/5, Impression: sweet and spicy, reminds me of sambuca
    Female 3: 5/5, Impression: fresh and very sexy
    Male 1: 3/5, Impression: smells nice(ish) but not something I’d wear
    Male 2: 2/5, Impression: too ‘girly’
    Male 3: 1/5, Impression: a very strong soapy smell with a hint of very very mild aniseed
    Projection: average
    Longevity: at least 9h
    My opinion:
    This is a blast. An explosive equilibrium of freshness and sweetness, both taken to an unusual register with mint and geranium. Your reception of this one will probably depend on your personal olfactive experience with geranium. I remember it from childhood, as a pot plant on the window sills ay school. Maybe that’s why it seems naive and playful to me.
    As you see above, it is probably also very sex biased. Women do seem to like it a lot. So, if you’re a straight man, you may not like it yourself, but it may still be a good investment:P
    This way or the other, I think it’s very nice and pretty original, if a bit too bubbly.

12 June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Let’s get one thing out of the way. Geranium is not, I repeat, IS NOT, in the strictest sense a floral note. To the best of my considerable horticultural/botanical knowledge, geranium flowers are utterly without scent. (By the way, the “geraniums” that grandma grew in her window boxes, and the scented “geraniums” from which geranium oil is extracted are not even geraniums at all, but members of the allied genus Pelargonium.) Natural geranium oil is derived from the leaves of the rose-scented Pelargonium. While geranium shares aromachemical content – particularly geraniol – with rose, and is used in many rose reconstructions, it does not smell exactly like rose. It has a peculiar bittersweet, astringent, herbaceous-aromatic character about it, one that occupies a territory bounded roughly by mint, sage, and lavender. Those who complain that they can’t smell the geranium in Geranium pour Monsieur are probably sniffing for a rosy floral note, and they’re not going to find one in this decidedly dry, aromatic composition.

Now as for Geranium pour Monsieur, it has been a hard fragrance for me to come to grips with. I own a bottle of it, not because I necessarily like it (though I may decide I do), but because I’ve been wearing it often just to figure it out. As others have pointed out, it’s not actually geranium, but mint that headlines this scent, and mint is notoriously one of the hardest notes to use effectively in perfumes. Not only is it conspicuous and resistant to blending; it is also instantly recognizable, and hence distracting. On top of that come the seemingly inescapable associations with toothpaste, mouthwash, and chewing gum.

How does a perfumer employ mint without suggesting an oral hygiene product? Dominique Ropion does it in Geranium pour Monsieur by harnessing mint to a team of bitter aromatics, including geranium, that are so patently inedible that the resulting accord could never be mistaken for anything you’d willingly put into your mouth. The astringent, mildly camphoraceous aspect of geranium oil is the structural link that binds the mint to the rest of this scent’s aromatic elements, and its use in this respect it tremendously clever and original. In fact, clever and original apply to Geranium pour Monsieur’s entire structure. I can say in all honesty that I have never smelled anything quite like it.

The first phase is bracing mint and bitter, dry, savory aromatics that deliver a sharp slap on the face. The accord is cool, clean, and medicinal. It’s also unusual in that it makes no pretense of naturalism. It smells not of any recognizable collection of herbs plucked from the ground, but rather smells proudly of aromachemicals (natural or otherwise) , selected and arranged with clear intent and objectives. In this respect it resembles certain scents from Comme des Garçons or Etat Libre de Orange’s notorious Sécrétions Magnifiques, and while it’s equally provocative, it does not employ any notes that are inherently harsh or discordant. What it does do is take olfactory abstraction to a whole new level. Sure, there’s a freshly scrubbed and shaved aspect to Geranium pour Monsieur, but this shave took place in a barbershop on Mars. Geranium pour Monsieur’s crisp, cool phase persists for an hour or two at most – not all that long, but too long for me to think of it as top notes. While it persists it is moderately potent and projects a comfortable distance from the skin: detectable at arm’s length, but never distracting.

The phase that follows is such a complete contrast that it could almost be a whole new scent. In the blink of an eye, Geranium pour Monsieur goes from icy aromatics to a dry, woody skin scent that’s built on soapy musks and sandalwood. As different from the first phase as it is in content, the second phase is still resolutely clean, and sustains the rigorously abstract style. The musks are not trying to smell “natural” in any way. They instead suggest an amplified trace of soap on just-washed skin. A true skin scent, the second phase of Geranium pour Monsieur wears very close and is not easy to detect at any distance.

Beyond its unusual bimodal olfactory progression, Geranium pour Monsieur represents several achievements for Dominique Ropion: he has succeeded in composing a mint fragrance that does not smell like toothpaste; he has created an aromatic fragrance for men that smells nothing like a traditional fougère; and he has built a “clean,” refreshing, modern fragrance without a trace of the stereotypical calone, ozone, fruit, or aquatic scent components. What I can’t decide is whether I like the way it smells.

09 June, 2014 (Last Edited: 14 June, 2014)

Anosmia Amnesia's avatar

Why mint? I'm not one to object to the price of perfumes, but come on, mint is a bit on the cheapo side, don't you think? Ok, maybe Ropion was tired of bergamot openings and wanted something a little different. Well then, how about lemongrass? Juniper? Galbanum? I'm not crazy about eucalyptus, but what about eucalyptus? But why a freaking Peppermint Patty!

However, if you summon the strength it would take to ignore a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a beloved friend, (Prince Charles' best line,) you can look past the mint and detect the pink geranium above a beautifully done sharp green stem, making a wonderful raspy-floral-earthy accord very much like the headspace over a thriving geranium plant. At this point I am considering forgiving Ropion for the sharp mint and only rebuking him for his heavy hand with it, because the high clear note does add considerable "alertness" to the picture.

The heart is completely fresh, without any of that "just stepped out of a shower" malarkey. I get a bit of the neroli Teardrop referred to. And thank goodness D.R. left out the soap and the baby powder, and kept it very far away from any barbershop I ever was in.

In all, this is a beautiful and very masculine floral, very different, very interesting and very easy to wear. Just why so much dog-gone mint?

12 May, 2014

rogalal's avatar

The first few times I tried Geranium Pour Monsieur, I just didn't like the mint. Coming back to it a couple of years later, the mint doesn't bother me - what once seemed like a tremendous mistake now feels integrated and thought-out.

To my nose, Geranium Pour Monsieur basically takes all the facets of natural rose geranium and exaggerates them, so it's got more minty brightness, more flowery nuances, more licorice undertones, and more leafy greens. It's kind of like someone colored in a picture in a coloring book using the right colors, but much brighter versions of the right colors, so the whole thing has a weird sort of exaggerated vibration to it that makes it surreal.

In the end, I sort of like Geranium Pour Monsieur now, yet somehow, hours in, I just stop caring, and this is something that seems to happen with all the geranium scents I've tried. I love geranium as a supporting actor (I love the dark heft it give to Encre Noir or the deep green it lends to Guerlain's Vetiver), but I tend to tire of it in a starring role.

10th May, 2014

ION-ONE's avatar

Mint is normally a non-starter for me in a fragrance so I knew I was in for a challenge when the first sniff literally resembled a peppermint mouthwash. The opening is an intense saccharine sweet icy mint - It really does smell like you've spilt some mouthwash. The overall feel from the mint is cool - fresh and invigorating. For me, the mint never disappears but becomes less intense. As the mint becomes more muted the other notes become discernible. There is a pleasing modern green fresh floral that emerges. Quite linear and predictable. An overall translucent Ellena-esque feel adds an air of lightness.

When actively concentrating on the scent all I could find was mint. It was only when I 'took my eye off the ball', forgot what I was wearing that the other pleasing notes emerged - and then it felt like I was really wearing a balanced fragrance not like I had an accident with my bathroom cupboard! The overall journey reminds me of how it might smell when Davidoff get round the developing: Cool Water Mint Blast.

Overall a perfectly pleasant modern masculine fragrance. This is a very socially acceptable scent - almost focusing upon what general society takes to be agreeably fresh and non-offensive. No one could complain about this one on public transport or in the office. Ironically this is where my problem starts. I am more that happy to smell this on others, and would be happy to smell like this fresh out of the shower - but as a fragrance its just not my cup of tea. Perhaps its just got too much mass-appeal, its a slightly compromising composition that seems eager not to offend. Definitely an anti-powerhouse. Recommended for those who object to that "old man smell".

To be fair I was predisposed against this, and just couldn't get over the mint - so would have to give a neutral. Its a cruel irony that our least favorite notes are always the strongest most long-lasting! I would, however, not hesitate to recommend this to someone looking for a mint dominated niche fragrance or someone looking for a fresh modern masculine on the proviso that they don't mind mint.

28 January, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

Pure genius. Crisp, elegant, angular. IF you speak about the original formula: the reformulation is pure Colgate flavour.

8/10 (original)
    4/10 (reform.)

26 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

MysteryBuff40's avatar

Geranium pour Monsieur opens with a refreshing blast of geranium and mint, along with an immediate flashback to another fragrance that is so close it could be its brother: Theorema Uomo for Men by Fendi, discontinued but still available at $55 for 1.7 oz.

Given less expensive alternatives in the fresh soapy range, Geranium pour Monsieur seems extravagantly over-priced at $170 (50 ml) and $250 (100 ml), but I suppose somebody has to pay to keep Frederic Malle in neatly tailored suits.

Based on overall value, I would give this a negative rating. Based on scent alone, I give it a positive. Hence the overall neutral.

06 April, 2013 (Last Edited: 10th May, 2013)

Card Board's avatar

Germany Germany

Opens with a brief minty blast, with the geranium entering rapidly. This brief minty-geranium stage lasts mere minutes before the mint recedes to the background. The initial opening, while perhaps strange, it is also strangely invigorating, fresh, and crisp; and while not warm, is not as cool as one might imagine. The majority of the opening proper, which is atypically long, is dominated by an accurate leafy-green geranium note (bitter, bright green, and slightly citrusy) with anethole providing a brief suggestion of anise/fennel. After an hour or so, spices enter to warm and round the brightly focused geranium, but at no stage is GpM spicy. Nor is it at all animalic, despite the basenotes of musk, ambroxan, and syrax, which seem mainly to further warm and ground the lingering geranium. The effect is a warm skin accord; but it is a fresher, less sensual variation on the theme. If only I could have this last stage amplified and extended! This wears very close on me after about three hours. All told, GpM has a rather bizarre, but engaging and interesting trajectory. Unisex, in my opinion.

I sampled this out of curiosity, not because I thought I would love it. So, while this is not for me, it is well crafted, and the stated notes reflect very well the reality of the scent. If the pyramid appeals to you, definitely give this a try, as you will probably be pleased.

22 March, 2013

Platicar's avatar

I recently bought this because I wanted something to be layered with some Pomegranate Noir body lotion by Jo Malone that I really liked. I love the way they react together...the sandalwood in the lotion gives body to the sharpness of the geranium and it seems to stay on longer.

22 July, 2012

teardrop's avatar

England England

The opening is most definitely all mint, & every kind of mint; spearmint, peppermint, fresh garden mint, the lot. As mint is known to cure headaches, l think this would be a perfect scent for that purpose, & incredibly refreshing on a hot, humid day. The mint has a sweetish, herbal, aromatic feel, rather than being toothpaste or candy-like. The mint dominates but slowly smooths out over the first hour, at which point the fragrance takes on an ambery aspect. A few hours in, l get an unmistakeable note of neroli; l haven't seen anyone else mention this, but there's a moment when this smells exactly like Profumum's Neroli to me! Having noticed this, l don't notice any of the base notes, but l don't really mind. This scent gives off lovely bursts of sillage for an outstanding ten hours before fading.
    My impression of this fragrance is one of freshness achieved with elegance & class, & l see no reason why a woman may not wear it. Another example of Dominique Ropion's genius!

11th June, 2012

drseid's avatar

The opening to Geranium is a bit off-putting. A bracing mint smells similar to a medicinal minty mouthwash like Listerine. The geranium then enters and mingles with the odd clinical mint to create an even more odd smell. In this case I would not say that "odd" means "bad," but it really is not something I would personally want to smell like. About an hour or so into the scent's development things get much more pleasant... The mint recedes and the geranium mixes with some very nice spices of clove and cinnamon, finishing with a base of musk and incense that has a glancing resemblance to Ropion's later (and superior) release "Portrait of a Lady". The whole thing is a relatively brief affair, with longevity only lasting around 5-6 hours on my skin (with my average being 8 or more). Projection is average on the scent, and is primarily focused on the opening notes (which are the worst part of Geranium, IMO). In the end, Geranium pour Monsieur is definitely an innovative creation, but it is not one I want to wear and cannot recommend. I suggest trying Ropion's aforementioned Portrait of a Lady, where he perfected the Geranium pour Monsieur base and is his true masterpiece. 2.5 to 3 stars.

10th March, 2012 (Last Edited: 21st December, 2012)

Marshmellow's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

An excellent rendition of mint from the mint absolute. Very unique take on it. The Anethol gives the mix an almost "anise" like quality, there is nothing spicy about this fragrance, I find it fresh, green herbaceous geranium with a touch of incense heightened by the amber sweetness with vanilla and benzoin. Dominique Ropion has struck it again.

04 March, 2012

dollars&scents's avatar

Geranium pour Monsieur by Frederic Malle - One is initially treated to a bracing wave of camphorated mint and menthol, quite akin to a Tiger Balm odor, coupled with the lemony green smell of geranium leaf. Synthetic additives, such as anethol, with its anise character, floralozone, with its freshness, and rhodinol, with its citrusy floral dimension, all sophisticate the blend. This fresh opening spends a considerable amount of time wafting. A muted dusting of the concoction by warm cinnamon and earthy clove is feebly and fleetingly sensed, which strangely signals the beginning and end of the middle, if one exists. Thence, the incongruous base takes charge. White musk, with its soapiness, and sandalwood, with its soft and balsamic aspects, as well as sweet and faintly vanillic styrax and a touch of exotic incense forge an alluring base, while ambroxan imparts its velvety, skin-like, ambergris illusion. An inviting drydown ensures. One may choose to say this composition is unique, I prefer to say it is discordant. The projection and longevity for this/these scent(s) are average.

10th January, 2012

halomatic's avatar

Belgium Belgium

I once read a humoristic quote on purple rain Prince: he who's barely tall enough to glance out over a pot of geraniums.
    this bottle of grasped geraniums could lift him up easily.
    It is a royal scent made for the most classy moments as it is sofisticated to the bone.
    It behaves like an angel on your shoulder that explains you by expressing the subtle but fundamental nuances of your style and statements.
    How distinguished can a scent of flower get.

25 December, 2011 (Last Edited: 12 February, 2012)

leto's avatar

Turkey Turkey

OMG toothpaste for that price?! An interesting fragrance that may annoy some people, really needs approx an hour to settle down and enjoy, but the top notes did irritate me.

01st December, 2011

spirit966's avatar

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Very long lasting fragrance (12+ hours) but is more of a close to the skin scent.

Starts with balmy mint, just like tiger balm and slowly progresses to a clean white musk. The incense, cloves etc is there, but is more or less muted.

I am not sure if this is a EDT or EDC, as on the bottle it only says PV is 5%, so perhaps the weakest Malle in terms of concentration?

This is a really good choice for a guy in suit and tie.
    Just like Terre de Hermes in my wardrobe. Neither are my favourite but both has its purpose.

18 November, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

It's easy to get fixated on the mint note. Yes, it is THAT distracting. But get past the minty tops and you'll find GERANIUM POUR MONSIEUR to be a smooth, bright yet confidently masculine scent that is unlike any I have tried before. The underlying tinge of bitterness, and a touch of incense make this one a winner but its overall synthetic vibe brings it down a notch for me.

Likely to be one of those fragrances that gets selected much less frequently from your wardrobe but when worn, makes you wonder why you don't wear it more often.

09 November, 2011

alfarom's avatar

Well, where to start from? First of all...
    It happnes very once in while to find a perfume like Geranium Pour Monsieur. A complex fragrance construcetd on a solidly bold structure and expressing its beauty through a gentle and very discreet smell. As I'm usually not into mint fragrances, I got a bit disappointed by GPM's opening as it starts with a considerabole note of peppermint / mint that made me inevitably think about toothpaste or breath freshener bubblegum. But I was absolutely WRONG!!! Just right after the first drop of this fragrance touches your skin you immediately realize that mint is surrounded by a considerable dose of green bitterness that turns the whole thing to an odd (but absolutely interesting) mix of medicinal and soapy accords that are at the same time familiar and never smelled before (this is when geranium plays its part). A great example of how even a "fresh perfume" can be distinctive and absolutely compelling.

At this point I thought: "Ok, that's it! A great interpretation of mint!". But I was wrong again, as Geranium Pour Monsieur was just about to impress me even more with its multi facets structure. After the opening I just described be prepared for the drydown. A whole new scent. What started as a bitter mint composition turns into an incredibly outstanding finale made of a soapy and elegant cleaness that is as much delicate and discreet as it's light years far from beeing considered as inconsistent or generic. In this phase GPM stays very close to the skin but it remarkably catches your attention with its perfect balance between clean musks and resinoid incense. Simply marvellous.

The overall impression I had about this composition is of a complex semplicity. The same semplicity that makes of a single Alocasia leaf a fashinating and oustanding piece of natural art.
    I'm so enthusiastic about GPM because I can still think that is possible to pretend a fresh perfume to be distinctive, unique and..melon or calone-free! Modern, elegant, solid, distinctive, versatile, classy, easy to wear, delightful, marvellous. Want more? Such thing happen not by accident but only as the work of genius!

29 April, 2011

JohnHarvard's avatar

At first I didn’t like it. It was too strong of “I don’t know what.” But since it was recommended to me by someone in Paris named Laurent who works at Frederic Malle, and who analyzed a profile of my likes, habits, etc., I decided to keep giving it a go.

And you know what? Six weeks later I bought a 100ml bottle!

I love this stuff. It’s a great spring/summer scent that manages to not use a single floral. It doesn’t smell like anything out there I know, and I believe Ropion’s genius will soon become something copied by many in the industry.

Granted, the mint is a bit strong at first so I don’t like to smell my arm after I’ve applied it, but the way the sillage lingers (with an occasional burst every now and then), is beautiful; as is the dry down.

Now I don’t like to go into what a frag “smells like” to me because those associations are personal, different for everyone, and can vary depending on a skin’s pH, but it does evoke images of fresh mint, and mint based cocktails, to me.

Definitely not a blind buy, but something you must try more than a few times. Get a few samples, or better yet a small decant, if possible.

03 April, 2011

manicboy's avatar

I had high hopes for this one. And those hopes were dashed once I got wind of Geranium pm. The dirty and omnipresent mint made my nose recoil in horror. Sure, I stuck around for the Geranium to take over but the mint is still present and screaming like a banshee that any appreciation of the Geranium is ruined in the mint's wake.

Where's the cinnamon, cloves and incense? Not here at all. If you ever drop your toothpaste in the garden and tried to brush your teeth and enjoyed it, then you'll probably like Geranium pm. The rest of us will stick with our toothpaste in our bathroom cabinet secure in the fact that toothpaste and dirty flowers don't mix.

27 March, 2011

pearlfingering's avatar

Remember when McDonald's did that McDLT? The hot stayed hot, and the cool stayed cool, both came in a cardboard box that you folded in half to assemble the sandwich? That's what Geranium Pour Monsieur does, which smells nothing like geraniums, btw, but gives a good impression. It is a comical sketch of masculinity, not for women at all. First you have an overpowering toothpaste smell, then a lemony green note appears, and then a licorice note that becomes very black, a smell like Jagermeister. It's a strong Good and Plenty smell that is supposed to be an aphrodisiac for the ladies. I enjoyed it, because it has cheerful associations. As that aspect fades, there is a Red Hot phase that gives way a strong cedar smell. The drydown lasts the longest, and it's pleasant. There is nothing offensive about this fragrance, because it seems obsessed with good hygiene. The name connotes an urbane gentleman, a metrosexual dandy. Monsieur certainly freshens up and fusses at his dressing table, but he's a man after all. More geranium would have been nice.

07 February, 2011

Sunsetspawn's avatar

There is a wonderful geranium note somewhere under the toothpaste smell, but it took me four hours to really notice it and be able to enjoy it. The astringent nature of everything that isn't mint simply gives the impression that maybe you've used witchhazel or something for aftershave after brushing your teeth. I simply cannot recommend this because the overall effect is off-putting for me, but at the same time the drydown is great and makes you wish it came like that up front.

18 August, 2010

encrenoire75's avatar

France France

A beautiful Summer fragrance far from the usual citrus accords. At last, a perfumer has dared a real blast of mint which slowly blends with geranium leaf to give a fresh and resolutely modern feel throughout. This will last a whole day and will regain in strength when you most need it, if your body heats up.

05 August, 2010

cruzandking's avatar

One of my new summertime favorites. The opening is incredibly green and refreshing. If you've ever snapped the stem on one of grandma's geraniums, you'll recognize the semblance immediately. So interesting and unique, I've begun spraying a bit at the edge of my collar to prolong the fun. I do wish it lasted longer, though.

29 June, 2010

Persolaise's avatar

What's the smell of the modern dandy? Does a metrosexual wear one of the generic woody cocktails that flood the market at the rate of twenty a week? Does he scour unfamiliar stores for something dark, heady and balsamic? Or does he actually wish to convey a sense of approachable freshness whilst maintaining his edge? Enter stage left: Geranium Pour Monsieur, recent winner of the first UK FiFi 'Best Independent Niche Fragrance' award, as voted for by readers of Basenotes, including yours truly.

What's remarkable about this scent is how it manages to be both radiant and nocturnal, animalic and fresh, unobtrusive and all-encompassing. Needless to say, its central note is a rousing geranium, with all the familiar minty, peppery, chewing gum overtones. But a eucalyptus smokiness emerges too, coaxed into smoothness by joyfully coloured fruitiness. The effect is delectable without ever being edible, and is sustained with unwavering clarity throughout this happy little gem's development. And it's no coincidence that it's called 'Pour Monsieur' rather than 'Pour Homme': you need a certain amount of good-natured continental sass to pull this one off with the jauntiness it deserves.

[Review based on a sample obtained in 2010; fragrance tested on skin.]

19 May, 2010

sniffy's avatar

If you cannot stand smelling like everyone else, then this is the scent for you. It is unlike any other fragrance on the market and I have to have it. I don't even know if it would fit into any category - perhaps a masculine floral? The mint note is (finally) done well - it is subtle, unlike Cartier's roadster, which to me smells like toothpaste or chewing gum and turns incredibly harsh on my skin. Apparently, as other commenters have noted, the geranium note softens the mint.

Although it doesn't smell like it, it has the same quality as perhaps Fendi Uomo. A female friend used to tell me that I smelled like fresh bathwater whenever I wore it and she would sit near me inorder to smell me. This fragrance has a similar quality in that it has a fresh, jsut showered feel to it - like I just took a shower in the most elegant luxury hotel room in Milan. I have worn it twice now, from a sample I received, and cannot stop smelling myself. I have also received several compliments from others, including one woman who was absolutely taken by it to the point where she would not stop smelling my neck.

Finally, I seem to categorize all my fragrances into summer or winter fragrances, but I think this one defies such categorization. The minty fresh floral notes scream "summer scent" but the warm, musky drydown would work just as well on the coldest winter days. This is a winner and I am eager to try Ropion's other fragrances now.

11th May, 2010

pigasus27's avatar

Put down the aquatic and try something new. Herbaceous iced mint softened with light florals. Refreshing. Beautiful.

20th April, 2010

Jack Hunter's avatar

A delightful gentlemen's barbershop fragrance that is minty fresh on the opening and warm and musky on the dry down. I find myself enchanted with this fragrance. Thumbs up.

10th February, 2010

musclegod007's avatar

I have a rule with my wardrobe, I can't add a scent to it, unless it's something completely new. For example, when i run out of Leau D'Hiver, i can replace it with cologne Blanche, or Cologne de matin, they are all alike in feel, however, once in a while a new type of scent catches my attention, and I have to have it, this is a very cerebral scent, fresh notes on top (no citrus), animal, earthy notes at the base. It was not love at first sniff, it felt like unknown territory. cool and aloof, upon revisit, and wearing a sample, I'm now obsessed with it. and a proud owner of a large bottle. year round modern masterpiece.

22 December, 2009

NillaGoon's avatar

Meh. This is definitely a mint- rather than floral-oriented scent, but it's the menthol/camphor fake "mint" that seems to be typical of mint notes in perfumery. Here, the effect is typically medicinal and reminiscent of grandma's house. It does have an interesting progression, and I respect the construction. Nevertheless, it's not for me. I don't find this to be a pleasant scent.

03 December, 2009