Negative Reviews of Géranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I had high hopes for this one. And those hopes were dashed once I got wind of Geranium pm. The dirty and omnipresent mint made my nose recoil in horror. Sure, I stuck around for the Geranium to take over but the mint is still present and screaming like a banshee that any appreciation of the Geranium is ruined in the mint's wake.

Where's the cinnamon, cloves and incense? Not here at all. If you ever drop your toothpaste in the garden and tried to brush your teeth and enjoyed it, then you'll probably like Geranium pm. The rest of us will stick with our toothpaste in our bathroom cabinet secure in the fact that toothpaste and dirty flowers don't mix.
27th March, 2011
Kaern Show all reviews
I'm afraid I think the mint in this is about as subtle as a breezeblock -- whack, it's there and for a long time as well. The mint note is also quite astringent and medicinal imo and not to my liking. Some green then manages to struggle through and soften it out, but not enough for me to take to this. I suggest IO by Carthusia as a cheaper and nicer mint alternative.

Edit -- 26 August

I am no botanist but as far as I know, the geranium flower has no smell -- but the leaves have a glorious lemony smell when rubbed, which isn't represented here-- what a missed opportunity. It is basically a mint fragrance and I still don't like it.
05th June, 2009 (last edited: 26th August, 2009)
pakster Show all reviews
Absolute stinker. Once again too much cinnamon.
22nd May, 2009