Positive Reviews of Géranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I'm torn between neutral and thumbs up on this one. I smell mint, and sometimes a spicy cinnamon, especially early on. The initial opening is exciting; some of the early transitions are challenging; and the base is a nice minty floral with good longevity and some rewarding moments that win me over.
20th November, 2016
Rubens Peale with a Geranium, 1801
11th November, 2016
From a 5ml sample over 3 days.
For over a year I've been searching for a mint-based fragrance, because I don't identify with citrus, and I've sampled many. How ironic, that I finally happen upon this, the one that I like best of all, that certainly has mint, but only in a minor role. Geranium: alien to my northern nose, yet feels like it should have been a scent I've always known.
Not too much mint at the start, a cool, fresh, lemony-rosey floral that makes me think of Turkish Delight confectionery. And a second later is an authentic herbaceous smell. Like pressing your face into a green bouquet covered with cold raindrops. Or a garden, covered in dew, in the morning before everything starts again. Like someone else said here, it's uplifting, it is really uplifting. Then it's soapy, like really old fashioned soap. What an enigma: times an intensely real unmistakable mint and floral, times an absolutely synthetic, soapy rose. For something that is, at face value, simple and linear, it isn't, it plays with you, like a cool breeze blowing in suggestions of the garden flowers outside in through a bathroom window.
I thought this would be so so easy to explain, but in reality I can't find the right language to describe this lovely scent.
It's sillage is soft, it won't turn heads, but that's not important to me as this is an intensely personal experience which isn't about other people. There are other scents, other times, for that. Longevity is several hours, although all but the first of those hours are a faint, cool, fleeting floral breath, that briefly blows in the window, or the faintest reminder of the soap you washed with (take your choice) just when you think it was gone forever, never to return.
January 2016
26th January, 2016

rbaker Show all reviews
Instead of plunging deeply into a monofloral intensive opening blast à la Mona di Orio's Carnation, Géranium pour Monsieur pairs the note hat gives it its name - geranium - with a gorgeously refreshing mint note. This is not cheap chewing-gun mint but a natural high quality version, and it blends in perfectly with the lovely geranium impression.

The drydown starts with a rather synthetic sweetish note, but soon a reasonable cinnamon emerges that is quite convincing and not too sweet, and in the base I also get an ambroxan with some styrax. The performance is very good with moderate sillage, good projection and a longevity of eight hours on my skin.

Whilst the second half is more on the mediocre side, the opening is very nice, summery, fresh and well executed and well blended; the good quality prevents it from sliding into the profane mint range. On the strength of the top notes I am affording it a positive evaluation, but just by the skin of its teeth. In case one does not enjoy the opening notes it probably has little to offer overall. 3/5
02nd October, 2015
PERFUME REVIEW

Geranium Pour Monsieur, Editions Frederic Malle.

Now for some luxury! I picked up a sample of ‘Geranium Pour Monsieur,’ at Parfumarija in Dublin. This niche perfume is part of the Frederic Malle collection and created by perfumer Dominique Ropian.

I sprayed this sample on my arm at 2.30pm on a balmy Saturday then headed out for the day with my notebook. The fragrance opened with the most beautiful clean mint, floral ozone and sweet green accord. Underneath there is even more naturalness which enhances the first impressions. Because of it’s name 'Geranium,' I asked myself, “Will this smell the same as the buoyant geraniums in full bloom on my window sills? The Test maybe? Well at first impressions, this perfume doesn't smell like real geraniums. And I’m sceptically about it, but interested nonetheless. Would I even want to smell like my widow boxes really?

After 20 mins and a deep inhalation from my well fragranced arm, my eyes
water. The mint note is crisp and the perfume really grabs my attention. The peppermint note combines with the mint and I wonder if this perfume can peak any further in it's intensity. I’m left wondering,if that's as good as it gets?

The mints then soften and a white floral note is revealed, this is where the perfume really settles on the skin.

I did not experience this perfume as very diffusive to begin with, maybe a downside but the industry would describe this as ‘staying close to the skin.’ I agree and for me it is more intimate this way. At this point I’m recalling a handmade natural soap that I once smelled (I learned later this is interesting because the perfumer did spent time working in a soap factory and may have brought this soapy quality into the fragrance unconsciously). It is not an aldehydic soapiness however in the way Chanel no.5 is. It's natural and pleasant.

Next, I start to see a silver colour as I smell and then realise I’m sensing a metallic quality. What a surprise! I think initially of iris but the mint continues to diffuse throughout . And a rosey quality comes after 40 minutes, I instantly remember, ‘The Geranium’. It hits!

From my own work as a perfumer I know that rose and geranium complement each other incredibly well in perfume, so my nose always makes this link between rose and geranium. (Rhodinol with Geranium in this case). It takes a little while to reveal the Geranium heart but the window sill test worked. I remembered the Geraniums on my window sill and remember the silvery smooth quality when I touch the leaves. The leaves are soft and strong/flexible, the white flowers so silky soft and delicate.

How ingenius! The perfume did trigger this memory for me, maybe not so spontaneously but it does capture the feeling of physical touch of the petals and leaves through the use of scent.

I then get a shot of beautiful wood, the sandalwood which adds a sophistication which supports the natural element of the fragrance. The lightness moves into something more heavy. There aren’t really any words for this experience which has to be 'experienced'. My perfume teacher’s hobby horse was, “ There are no words for scent.....”

Not sure what that does for the integrity of my perfume review then! But in this case I agree, It should be experienced in order to be fully appreciated.

Continuer...(En francais)

After 3 hours I feel that I’m right in the middle of the perfume enjoying all of the ingredients simultaneously. I’ve seen what it has to offer with a glimpse into the next chapter. This perfume is just like a movie, it’s moving and changing, developing in plot and revealing itself. Like a piece of music would do too.
Wonderful!

So at the centre I also get anise and some spices too although I’m not sure what they are yet. The mint continues as a constant on my skin, still very strong up to 4 hours in. Interesting because it is technically a top note, a citrus or fruity top note would not be lingering around at this point.

The perfume sweetens as it settles into the benzoins and the musks. I wonder if I am smelling vanilla. Which I always link to labdanum and styrax resinoid in my olfactory memory. (These ingredients normally make up part of an amber accord btw). I realise the benzoin and musks were always there but I’m more aware of them much later as the others accords fade away.

By 11pm all I can get is a hint of musk and the persistent mint. Also my own natural ‘man-scent’ which smells nothing like a Frederic Malle smile emoticon This drydown lasts for about 12 hours. Then like a great perfume, it’s gone!

Fini!

Adiose!

It leaves me wanting more and excited to spray it again the next day. Suitable for this changeable demi-season weather we are experiencing. Fresh and warm.

This perfumer has created a beautiful interpretation of a ‘Geranium’. It’s different, it’s a signature piece. It’s chic and true artistry!

You can purchase Geranium Pour Monsieur, Editions Frederic Malle for a very special occasion and very special man from www.fredericmalle.com for the tidy sum of €120 for 50ml.

28th August, 2015
JimmyP Show all reviews
I have been holding off rating this fragrance for quite a while - until 4th wearing to be exact.
The reason being that this scent is somewhat "shapeless" and chameleon-like. As I was sampling it I have found myself thinking that I am just not able to grasp what the scent is about... A highly elusive smell for sure. Mint and geranium are both present and the latter becomes more prominent into the mid and base of the scent, yet the entire composition is so ephemeral that I found it very difficult to enjoy. But again, not because it smells poor, but simply because it is so confusing and plays hide and seek throughout its moderate lifespan of about 6-8 hours. In the end, I am giving this thumbs up but only barely, with a final rating of 3/5. Personally I much prefer Heeley's Menthe Fraiche in the mint game because to me that one is a much more successful rendition of the theme.
05th August, 2015 (last edited: 10th August, 2015)
Mint, geranium, a soapy white musk, woods, and a tiny bit of anise. (Not the overdose of anise that absolutely ruins Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin for me.) Sounds weird, but it works great for any occasion. And unlike many other mint-dominant fragrances, it lasts all day.

A quality creation like many Frederic Malle scents, and worth the price - especially if you like mint as much as I do.
06th May, 2015

Quite aromatic opening dominated by minty emanations and strengthened by a clear geranium – this opening is impressive if you are into mint notes, and this is a upscale, non-toothpastey mint. This mint ensemble is also cleaner and more sophisticated than the mint note in… say… Roadster by Cartier. I myself am not into mint dominant accords, but this one I enjoy, probably because its strong tinge of geranium makes the mint more palatable to me. The opening has impressive longevity.

The mints and the geranium stay on the surface of the heart notes – and its background shifts and mitigates a little. I think what is happening with the heart is that the clove oil takes over in the background making the accord a little less ethereal and a little more earth-bound than the opening. This middle accord is subtle, sophisticated, and it serves as an appropriate continuation of the opening. I had been apprehensive of the clove oil but was happy to find it quite discrete and nicely performing.

The mint is pretty much gone by the basenotes… the geranium tenuously hangs on for the remainder, offering a subtle airiness to a discrete but solid white musk / sandalwood base which hints at a quality grey amber (“quality” is extremely important with grey amber). The pyramid says incense, and I smelled the incense at the first testing, but since it has apparently melded into the accord and I haven’t been able to separate it out. I don’t miss the incense because this light accord is solid, enjoyable, and completely fulfilling without it.

“Geranium Pour Monsieur” could just as easily been named “Geranium for Madame” because the temper of GPM is gender neutral as far as I’m concerned… neither sensual nor sexy. GPM is not dramatic or compelling, but rather it is buoyant, unisex, and deliciously wearable.

At my first testing of GPM I thought it was a pleasant but not very interesting scent – with that, I guess I was being unreasonably dismissive. Later with a couple of full wearings, its quiet uniqueness and almost spiritually-uplifting tenor grew on me: Instead of my oft-used comment: “Great scent but I don’t want to smell like this,” with Geranium Pour Monsieur my comment is “Subtly captivating scent and I DO wish to smell like this.”

10th March, 2015
James. Bond.

This is a perfect scent. I'm serious, it really is. I tend to like them big and bombastic, loud and proud, my presence announced with angels, trumpets, fanfare, and of course groupies. But not this one.

There's a time for elegance, for professionalism, for just being the best guy in the room. Are you polished? Are you ready? Are you awesome? And most importantly, do you know it so deeply that you don't give any of it a second thought? Then you might actually be James Bond. For the rest of us, when we manage to attain that balance of competence and confidence, of practice and preparation, we want to smell like this.

It works everywhere, all the time. Office-friendly? Yep. Courtroom-approved? Yep. Date-ready? Yep. Sponge-worthy, too, I'd bet. Get some.
11th February, 2015
Fresh, fresh, fresh!

This is a very clever fragrance... masterfully composed. The perfumers here wanted to recreate the classic masculine smell or "fougère" smell (ie a Lavender, Oakmoss, Coumarin combination used in most "green" or "traditional" fragrances for men). They used inspiration from men's soaps from the 1920's which used Geranium and cloves in order to convey "freshness" and an overall "clean & masculine" smell. The result here is quite remarkable.

Basically the perfumer Dominique Ropion has taken Geranium oil in it's purest form, and built a composition around it. Geranium can be sometimes minty, sometimes lemon-fresh, sometimes like cloves, or sometimes like rose. Here he has added notes which "pump-up" these different aspects of Geranium, such as mint absolute, cinnamon extracted using modern technology to bring out the "fresh" and "aromatic" aspects, and he has layered it on a base of clean sandalwood and very clean white musk.

It smells so incredibly fresh! I have rarely encountered a fragrance which is able to convey freshness as much as this does. I think this is because it has a huge mint note. But I must stress, this does not smell like toothpaste! It has star anise, cloves, cinnamon, and very green mint and geranium, with a smooth base of creamy sandalwood and polished white musk. Like fresh cotton sheets just washed.

It's actually not an easy smell to understand at first (like many of the Frédéric Malle creations). But I think if you want to convey a message of "fresh and serious" you could wear this. I also think it's floral enough to be worn by a woman (despite the name). This is one to try (especially for this price) for anyone who loves green nature and "fresh" smells. As with all Frédéric Malle's... the quality is exceptionally high and the projection is good. One to try for summer and all year round. Green, aromatic, minty and floral fresh!
05th November, 2014
A fresh mint opening with a nice, masculine dry down. This one is great from start to finish and doesn't ever get too much like toothpaste. It's my favorite mint and just smells clean.
05th October, 2014
OFFICE TEST:
Female 1: 3.5/5, Impression: subtle but sexy
Female 2: 4/5, Impression: sweet and spicy, reminds me of sambuca
Female 3: 5/5, Impression: fresh and very sexy
Male 1: 3/5, Impression: smells nice(ish) but not something I’d wear
Male 2: 2/5, Impression: too ‘girly’
Male 3: 1/5, Impression: a very strong soapy smell with a hint of very very mild aniseed
Projection: average
Longevity: at least 9h
My opinion:
This is a blast. An explosive equilibrium of freshness and sweetness, both taken to an unusual register with mint and geranium. Your reception of this one will probably depend on your personal olfactive experience with geranium. I remember it from childhood, as a pot plant on the window sills ay school. Maybe that’s why it seems naive and playful to me.
As you see above, it is probably also very sex biased. Women do seem to like it a lot. So, if you’re a straight man, you may not like it yourself, but it may still be a good investment:P
This way or the other, I think it’s very nice and pretty original, if a bit too bubbly.
12th June, 2014
Why mint? I'm not one to object to the price of perfumes, but come on, mint is a bit on the cheapo side, don't you think? Ok, maybe Ropion was tired of bergamot openings and wanted something a little different. Well then, how about lemongrass? Juniper? Galbanum? I'm not crazy about eucalyptus, but what about eucalyptus? But why a freaking Peppermint Patty!

However, if you summon the strength it would take to ignore a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a beloved friend, (Prince Charles' best line,) you can look past the mint and detect the pink geranium above a beautifully done sharp green stem, making a wonderful raspy-floral-earthy accord very much like the headspace over a thriving geranium plant. At this point I am considering forgiving Ropion for the sharp mint and only rebuking him for his heavy hand with it, because the high clear note does add considerable "alertness" to the picture.

The heart is completely fresh, without any of that "just stepped out of a shower" malarkey. I get a bit of the neroli Teardrop referred to. And thank goodness D.R. left out the soap and the baby powder, and kept it very far away from any barbershop I ever was in.

In all, this is a beautiful and very masculine floral, very different, very interesting and very easy to wear. Just why so much dog-gone mint?
12th May, 2014

Pure genius. Crisp, elegant, angular. IF you speak about the original formula: the reformulation is pure Colgate flavour.

8/10 (original)
4/10 (reform.)
26th December, 2013 (last edited: 05th April, 2014)

Opens with a brief minty blast, with the geranium entering rapidly. This brief minty-geranium stage lasts mere minutes before the mint recedes to the background. The initial opening, while perhaps strange, it is also strangely invigorating, fresh, and crisp; and while not warm, is not as cool as one might imagine. The majority of the opening proper, which is atypically long, is dominated by an accurate leafy-green geranium note (bitter, bright green, and slightly citrusy) with anethole providing a brief suggestion of anise/fennel. After an hour or so, spices enter to warm and round the brightly focused geranium, but at no stage is GpM spicy. Nor is it at all animalic, despite the basenotes of musk, ambroxan, and syrax, which seem mainly to further warm and ground the lingering geranium. The effect is a warm skin accord; but it is a fresher, less sensual variation on the theme. If only I could have this last stage amplified and extended! This wears very close on me after about three hours. All told, GpM has a rather bizarre, but engaging and interesting trajectory. Unisex, in my opinion.

I sampled this out of curiosity, not because I thought I would love it. So, while this is not for me, it is well crafted, and the stated notes reflect very well the reality of the scent. If the pyramid appeals to you, definitely give this a try, as you will probably be pleased.
22nd March, 2013
I recently bought this because I wanted something to be layered with some Pomegranate Noir body lotion by Jo Malone that I really liked. I love the way they react together...the sandalwood in the lotion gives body to the sharpness of the geranium and it seems to stay on longer.
22nd July, 2012
The opening is most definitely all mint, & every kind of mint; spearmint, peppermint, fresh garden mint, the lot. As mint is known to cure headaches, l think this would be a perfect scent for that purpose, & incredibly refreshing on a hot, humid day. The mint has a sweetish, herbal, aromatic feel, rather than being toothpaste or candy-like. The mint dominates but slowly smooths out over the first hour, at which point the fragrance takes on an ambery aspect. A few hours in, l get an unmistakeable note of neroli; l haven't seen anyone else mention this, but there's a moment when this smells exactly like Profumum's Neroli to me! Having noticed this, l don't notice any of the base notes, but l don't really mind. This scent gives off lovely bursts of sillage for an outstanding ten hours before fading.
My impression of this fragrance is one of freshness achieved with elegance & class, & l see no reason why a woman may not wear it. Another example of Dominique Ropion's genius!
11th June, 2012
An excellent rendition of mint from the mint absolute. Very unique take on it. The Anethol gives the mix an almost "anise" like quality, there is nothing spicy about this fragrance, I find it fresh, green herbaceous geranium with a touch of incense heightened by the amber sweetness with vanilla and benzoin. Dominique Ropion has struck it again.
04th March, 2012
I once read a humoristic quote on purple rain Prince: he who's barely tall enough to glance out over a pot of geraniums.
this bottle of grasped geraniums could lift him up easily.
It is a royal scent made for the most classy moments as it is sofisticated to the bone.
It behaves like an angel on your shoulder that explains you by expressing the subtle but fundamental nuances of your style and statements.
How distinguished can a scent of flower get.
25th December, 2011 (last edited: 12th February, 2012)
Very long lasting fragrance (12+ hours) but is more of a close to the skin scent.

Starts with balmy mint, just like tiger balm and slowly progresses to a clean white musk. The incense, cloves etc is there, but is more or less muted.

I am not sure if this is a EDT or EDC, as on the bottle it only says PV is 5%, so perhaps the weakest Malle in terms of concentration?

This is a really good choice for a guy in suit and tie.
Just like Terre de Hermes in my wardrobe. Neither are my favourite but both has its purpose.
18th November, 2011
Well, where to start from? First of all...
It happnes very once in while to find a perfume like Geranium Pour Monsieur. A complex fragrance construcetd on a solidly bold structure and expressing its beauty through a gentle and very discreet smell. As I'm usually not into mint fragrances, I got a bit disappointed by GPM's opening as it starts with a considerabole note of peppermint / mint that made me inevitably think about toothpaste or breath freshener bubblegum. But I was absolutely WRONG!!! Just right after the first drop of this fragrance touches your skin you immediately realize that mint is surrounded by a considerable dose of green bitterness that turns the whole thing to an odd (but absolutely interesting) mix of medicinal and soapy accords that are at the same time familiar and never smelled before (this is when geranium plays its part). A great example of how even a "fresh perfume" can be distinctive and absolutely compelling.

At this point I thought: "Ok, that's it! A great interpretation of mint!". But I was wrong again, as Geranium Pour Monsieur was just about to impress me even more with its multi facets structure. After the opening I just described be prepared for the drydown. A whole new scent. What started as a bitter mint composition turns into an incredibly outstanding finale made of a soapy and elegant cleaness that is as much delicate and discreet as it's light years far from beeing considered as inconsistent or generic. In this phase GPM stays very close to the skin but it remarkably catches your attention with its perfect balance between clean musks and resinoid incense. Simply marvellous.

The overall impression I had about this composition is of a complex semplicity. The same semplicity that makes of a single Alocasia leaf a fashinating and oustanding piece of natural art.
I'm so enthusiastic about GPM because I can still think that is possible to pretend a fresh perfume to be distinctive, unique and..melon or calone-free! Modern, elegant, solid, distinctive, versatile, classy, easy to wear, delightful, marvellous. Want more? Such thing happen not by accident but only as the work of genius!
29th April, 2011
At first I didn’t like it. It was too strong of “I don’t know what.” But since it was recommended to me by someone in Paris named Laurent who works at Frederic Malle, and who analyzed a profile of my likes, habits, etc., I decided to keep giving it a go.

And you know what? Six weeks later I bought a 100ml bottle!

I love this stuff. It’s a great spring/summer scent that manages to not use a single floral. It doesn’t smell like anything out there I know, and I believe Ropion’s genius will soon become something copied by many in the industry.

Granted, the mint is a bit strong at first so I don’t like to smell my arm after I’ve applied it, but the way the sillage lingers (with an occasional burst every now and then), is beautiful; as is the dry down.

Now I don’t like to go into what a frag “smells like” to me because those associations are personal, different for everyone, and can vary depending on a skin’s pH, but it does evoke images of fresh mint, and mint based cocktails, to me.

Definitely not a blind buy, but something you must try more than a few times. Get a few samples, or better yet a small decant, if possible.
03rd April, 2011
Remember when McDonald's did that McDLT? The hot stayed hot, and the cool stayed cool, both came in a cardboard box that you folded in half to assemble the sandwich? That's what Geranium Pour Monsieur does, which smells nothing like geraniums, btw, but gives a good impression. It is a comical sketch of masculinity, not for women at all. First you have an overpowering toothpaste smell, then a lemony green note appears, and then a licorice note that becomes very black, a smell like Jagermeister. It's a strong Good and Plenty smell that is supposed to be an aphrodisiac for the ladies. I enjoyed it, because it has cheerful associations. As that aspect fades, there is a Red Hot phase that gives way a strong cedar smell. The drydown lasts the longest, and it's pleasant. There is nothing offensive about this fragrance, because it seems obsessed with good hygiene. The name connotes an urbane gentleman, a metrosexual dandy. Monsieur certainly freshens up and fusses at his dressing table, but he's a man after all. More geranium would have been nice.
07th February, 2011
A beautiful Summer fragrance far from the usual citrus accords. At last, a perfumer has dared a real blast of mint which slowly blends with geranium leaf to give a fresh and resolutely modern feel throughout. This will last a whole day and will regain in strength when you most need it, if your body heats up.
05th August, 2010
One of my new summertime favorites. The opening is incredibly green and refreshing. If you've ever snapped the stem on one of grandma's geraniums, you'll recognize the semblance immediately. So interesting and unique, I've begun spraying a bit at the edge of my collar to prolong the fun. I do wish it lasted longer, though.
29th June, 2010
What's the smell of the modern dandy? Does a metrosexual wear one of the generic woody cocktails that flood the market at the rate of twenty a week? Does he scour unfamiliar stores for something dark, heady and balsamic? Or does he actually wish to convey a sense of approachable freshness whilst maintaining his edge? Enter stage left: Geranium Pour Monsieur, recent winner of the first UK FiFi 'Best Independent Niche Fragrance' award, as voted for by readers of Basenotes, including yours truly.

What's remarkable about this scent is how it manages to be both radiant and nocturnal, animalic and fresh, unobtrusive and all-encompassing. Needless to say, its central note is a rousing geranium, with all the familiar minty, peppery, chewing gum overtones. But a eucalyptus smokiness emerges too, coaxed into smoothness by joyfully coloured fruitiness. The effect is delectable without ever being edible, and is sustained with unwavering clarity throughout this happy little gem's development. And it's no coincidence that it's called 'Pour Monsieur' rather than 'Pour Homme': you need a certain amount of good-natured continental sass to pull this one off with the jauntiness it deserves.

[Review based on a sample obtained in 2010; fragrance tested on skin.]
19th May, 2010
If you cannot stand smelling like everyone else, then this is the scent for you. It is unlike any other fragrance on the market and I have to have it. I don't even know if it would fit into any category - perhaps a masculine floral? The mint note is (finally) done well - it is subtle, unlike Cartier's roadster, which to me smells like toothpaste or chewing gum and turns incredibly harsh on my skin. Apparently, as other commenters have noted, the geranium note softens the mint.

Although it doesn't smell like it, it has the same quality as perhaps Fendi Uomo. A female friend used to tell me that I smelled like fresh bathwater whenever I wore it and she would sit near me inorder to smell me. This fragrance has a similar quality in that it has a fresh, jsut showered feel to it - like I just took a shower in the most elegant luxury hotel room in Milan. I have worn it twice now, from a sample I received, and cannot stop smelling myself. I have also received several compliments from others, including one woman who was absolutely taken by it to the point where she would not stop smelling my neck.

Finally, I seem to categorize all my fragrances into summer or winter fragrances, but I think this one defies such categorization. The minty fresh floral notes scream "summer scent" but the warm, musky drydown would work just as well on the coldest winter days. This is a winner and I am eager to try Ropion's other fragrances now.
11th May, 2010
Put down the aquatic and try something new. Herbaceous iced mint softened with light florals. Refreshing. Beautiful.
20th April, 2010
A delightful gentlemen's barbershop fragrance that is minty fresh on the opening and warm and musky on the dry down. I find myself enchanted with this fragrance. Thumbs up.
10th February, 2010
I have a rule with my wardrobe, I can't add a scent to it, unless it's something completely new. For example, when i run out of Leau D'Hiver, i can replace it with cologne Blanche, or Cologne de matin, they are all alike in feel, however, once in a while a new type of scent catches my attention, and I have to have it, this is a very cerebral scent, fresh notes on top (no citrus), animal, earthy notes at the base. It was not love at first sniff, it felt like unknown territory. cool and aloof, upon revisit, and wearing a sample, I'm now obsessed with it. and a proud owner of a large bottle. year round modern masterpiece.
22nd December, 2009