Neutral Reviews of Guess by Marciano for Men by Guess

Decent cheapie that is not bad for what I paid for it ($17.00). Strong shot of amber followed by a synthetic wood and spice. I use this one before going to the gym.
07th November, 2013
I like it, and I like it a lot, my question is WHY would you want to buy this perfume?
I've been trying to find the "raison d'etre" for it and cannot come up with nothing that makes sense.
Maybe if you like RSVP but are to shy to wear the blaring sillage of it, or pay its outrageous price. Or maybe you like Daddy Yankee but are ashamed of wearing a celebrity perfume. Maybe you like Ferragamo Incanto Essencial pH (a better fragrance but more expensive) which is hard to find.
And whywear it if you can wear Quorum Silver that smells less synthetic and costs a lot less.
Again, I like it a lot, but cannot give a thumbs up to a fragrance without a reason to be.
19th November, 2012
Swanky Show all reviews
Guess by Marciano is getting some love here, but I'm afraid I can't be as enthusiastic. It seems, to me, very generic - yet another ersatz woods and sweetness mixture. The litany of similar fragrances is a long one, from Kanon Norwegian Wood to Hollywood Playboy to Armani Code. These fragrances, like Guess, are pleasant but enough with the copycatting. At least knockoffs such as Belcam and Preferred admit they are knockoffs.
06th June, 2012

A mall grade spice and dice fragrance that begins with a very dense and sour mandarin accord. In time it does improve significantly, with the roughly hewn notes becoming deeper and smoother. It is certainly lacking complexity and creativity, but it sticks to its task manfully. No earth moving composition here, but its probably worth the modest sum that its purchase demands. A decent autumnal skin charmer.
31st October, 2011
A surprisingly competent blend of synthetics (Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Eugenol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Coumarin, etc) with these interweaving descriptives: tangy, musky, woody, ambery, spicy, etc. For a guy who's new to perfume-wearing, this could be a decent option. Rather reminiscent of Nina Ricci's Memoire d'Homme, only better.
05th February, 2010 (last edited: 06th February, 2010)