Reviews of Guess by Marciano for Men by Guess

On the initial spray you get a spicy burst and yes, it is synthetic, but it has a great peppery/amber aroma.

Vanilla kicks in a half hour later and then it starts to die down, just like some reviewers say, it has a short life or it is close to the skin.

I like it, it's a not so sweet peppery amber scent. It sort of reminds me a bit of Ricci's Memoire D'Homme which is a bit airy.

25th May, 2015
Decent cheapie that is not bad for what I paid for it ($17.00). Strong shot of amber followed by a synthetic wood and spice. I use this one before going to the gym.
07th November, 2013
del Show all reviews
A nice cheapie – spicy/warm/woody/ambery sweet , and I like it. Short-lived, but it will give a strong sillage the first couple of hours before fading to skin. Most young teenagers I’ve interacted with liked this scent and gave some funny comments which I took as compliments – a girl claims it “smells like a delicious waffle”; on a separate ocassion, one boy says it smells “expensive”.

I finished a couple of bottles of this before joining here, and bought another one for my father since he likes it, too. An enjoyable scent, especially for the price ($20-$25/100ml). Hence, the thumbsup
12th May, 2013

Tony T Show all reviews
as stated already, yes it's synthetic and does not project well but it does smell good. a basic tamed down spice/wood composition with a bit of amber thrown in to add a touch of sweetness.the price is perfect and i will be purchasing it eventually.
29th December, 2012
I like it, and I like it a lot, my question is WHY would you want to buy this perfume?
I've been trying to find the "raison d'etre" for it and cannot come up with nothing that makes sense.
Maybe if you like RSVP but are to shy to wear the blaring sillage of it, or pay its outrageous price. Or maybe you like Daddy Yankee but are ashamed of wearing a celebrity perfume. Maybe you like Ferragamo Incanto Essencial pH (a better fragrance but more expensive) which is hard to find.
And whywear it if you can wear Quorum Silver that smells less synthetic and costs a lot less.
Again, I like it a lot, but cannot give a thumbs up to a fragrance without a reason to be.
19th November, 2012
Swanky Show all reviews
Guess by Marciano is getting some love here, but I'm afraid I can't be as enthusiastic. It seems, to me, very generic - yet another ersatz woods and sweetness mixture. The litany of similar fragrances is a long one, from Kanon Norwegian Wood to Hollywood Playboy to Armani Code. These fragrances, like Guess, are pleasant but enough with the copycatting. At least knockoffs such as Belcam and Preferred admit they are knockoffs.
06th June, 2012
A mall grade spice and dice fragrance that begins with a very dense and sour mandarin accord. In time it does improve significantly, with the roughly hewn notes becoming deeper and smoother. It is certainly lacking complexity and creativity, but it sticks to its task manfully. No earth moving composition here, but its probably worth the modest sum that its purchase demands. A decent autumnal skin charmer.
31st October, 2011
Very masculine, superbly blended, somewhat different. Although very synthetic smelling, like most of the Guess', Hugo's, CK's, etc. It opens up with a synthetic fruit and spice, that quickly sweetens up a little, at which point, you can already tell that the amber note is going to be the star player here. In the mid, I get lavender, nutmeg, a little ginger, and and some amber in the background. In the end, I am left with a nice amber, leather, musk, woods with a little patchouli, and spices. The base is very balanced and well blended. Strange though, because all of the notes come off as rather synthetic smelling. Regardless, I enjoy it. The best from this house for sure, which isn't saying much. This one is bottle worthy regardless though.

Projection and sillage are both good. It projects mostly in the first hour though, then sits a few inches off the skin.
02nd October, 2011
I am new to the fragrance game. I just got this and really enjoy it. I have colognes that I love and ones that women love (the only reason I wear those ones). But there's something about this cologne that makes me want to constantly smell myself. I see it as a cologne that anyone could appreciate being around. I bought this as a blind buy based on reviews from numerous sites. This works best as an evening or fall/winter scent but what do I know, I'm a rookie. Slightly reminds me of Obsession but softer and not "old man-ish" like Obsession smells to me. Paid $16 (shipped) for a 3.4oz tester, what a steal.
28th December, 2010
Thumbs up ONLY because I paid 25 dollars for a 100ml unused/unboxed tester bottle. It's not worth ANY more than that. As with the other past Guess offerings, longevity is poor. It reminds me of Lacoste Elegance and Baldessarini Ambré. Easily a forgettable fragrance.
07th October, 2010
Frozen Ginger, Mandarin, Black Pepper

Lavender, Sage, Violet, Neroli, Star Fruit, Rosemary

Ebony Wood, Patchouli, Amber, Leather, Musk

Sounds modern and light, but on me Guess by Marciano for Men is POTENT.
The mandarin in the top is strong in its presence and keeps the top from smelling like CK Euphoria for men. It's tough to discern the middle from the top really, but I know I dig the lavender and can't detect the starfruit for squat. The drydown for me is all in the amber, which I can smell right off anyway. The whole construct is strange in that it all seems to be there from the get-go and it manages to feel warm and cold simultaneously (Fever in a bottle? Could be good marketing).
CK Man used to be my 'orange scent' but Guess completely emasculates it. Take care with the trigger - Any more than three sprays is a guaranteed headache for me. And avoid human contact for the first 10-15 minutes cause this stuff comes out of the bottle in attack mode. After that it's an all-night orange-amber compliment machine. Very synthetic-smelling, somewhat unnecessary, given the number of orange-ambers out there, but certainly better than most scents I've tried being sold alongside it.

25th March, 2010 (last edited: 09th June, 2014)
A surprisingly competent blend of synthetics (Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Eugenol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Coumarin, etc) with these interweaving descriptives: tangy, musky, woody, ambery, spicy, etc. For a guy who's new to perfume-wearing, this could be a decent option. Rather reminiscent of Nina Ricci's Memoire d'Homme, only better.
05th February, 2010 (last edited: 06th February, 2010)
A vortex of seductive, salient and contradictory amber, wood and spicily bourbon notes. It seems as if it might have an intriguing dry down, I've yet to wear it for a long period. It reminds me of Michael Kors in a way, being perhaps a sweet-tempered cousin. This creation insinuates itself into a refined or formal occasion.
06th October, 2009

Kinda goes on like vicks vapor rub, which basically turned me off from the beginning. After a while it kinda reminded me of Gucci pour homme 2, but not as good.
15th May, 2009
I'm not a big fan of the Guess fragrances for men (Suede and MAN) but I do like the smell of the original Guess by Marciano, especially on my wife, so when they did their thing for men I decided to give it a try. I wasn't disappointed.
To my nose this smells like orange liqueur (think Cointreau or Grand Marnier) mixed with the peels of an orange or grapefruit. Do I detect a dash of vanilla? The 'colour' that this brings to my mind is dark orange, definitely.
An interesting smell that lingers on for a few hours. IF you like oranges try it!
4/5 stars.
01st April, 2009
Fantastic real blend of spice, woods and amber accords. I say "real blend" because it feels like the whole fragrance appears at once much like Bulgari Black. Sometimes sweet, sometimes spicy and sometimes woody, you smell the different facets but then blends all together. Moderate scent strength and sillage makes fro a great "aura" type of scent. Really pleasant and much different than the current Guess offerings.
01st April, 2009