Reviews of Boss Orange by Hugo Boss

In this case the name seems to be aptly chosen, as within the bergamot-driven opening blast I get fruity citrus notes, most notably orange, at a very early stage. The fruitiness then shifts towards a more peachy impression, and in the base a woodsy-vanilla mix supervenes; the later alas being overly generic in nature.

As far as performance is concerned, I get moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin. Nice on a cooler summer day, just a shame about the generic finish.
23rd June, 2015
It's orientally citrusy ...but nothing special. Don't get me wrong! I like it I do. It smells good but just not good enough to send the shivers down my spine and auwwwwss me!! It stays in my ‘ordinary’ perfume collection. I use this for casual occasions like going out shopping or simply out for groceries.
09th May, 2014
A light cologne-style orange blossom firmly in the middle of the road, which is no bad place to be if you’re a mass market fragrance. However soon morphs into the washing up liquid version, losing any residue of casual chic. The smell of someone who devotes their life to a spotless kitchen?
20th February, 2014

I just was given a sample of Boss Orange and all I can say is - I would rather eat an orange creamsicle than wear one!
04th August, 2012
Unfortunately this fragrance is very similar to many orange scented fragrances on the market today. It has that predictable sweet, orange candy like scent, which for me doesn't push too many boundaries.

Sure, the scent is pleasant and delicate on the skin, but there's nothing about this fragrance that shocks or excites me.

I would have much preferred this fragrance if they had experimented with a raw, juicy orange note, rather than an overly sweetened, synthetic blend of orange.

I was pretty unimpressed with this fragrance's opening, however the drydown was lovely, a soft and feminine scent of sandalwood, vanilla and white floral accords.

Because the scent is so subtle and light, it would make a suitable fragrance for the warmer months and casual wear. Although Boss Orange isn't liked by many, I don't think it would be an offensive type of scent. It's lack of originality is possibly why this fragrance isn't popular.

04th June, 2011
Reminds me of Clinique Happy. Not saying they smell hugely similar per se, but they are both out of the same citrus fruity-floral stable and both seem to be aimed at the same market- young, bright, modern, fun-loving girls. Even the bottle/packaging is reminiscent of Happy (but a bit more cutely decorative, moving away from Happy's über 90's minimalist style). Basically, the name says it all- if you want to smell like the colour orange and all you associate with that, then buy this fragrance. Not for me, but can see others enjoying it, so I'll give it a neutral.
03rd April, 2010
Oh Lord spare me these kinds of scent releases. I do not know who would buy this perfume . It's boring fruity sweet, generic nonsense ...yet again. Cheap orange candy , Use this enough and you will probably be sick .
To make matters worse, the bottle is downright ugly . Poor Sienna Miller- I would not want to be associated with this.
12th December, 2009
Smells like an orange lolipop, not bad, but not good either. I think it would be a little ridiculous on a grown up woman, but suitable for young ladies, under 25.Basically, a fruity candy kinda smell. A lot of orange body lotions smell like this one.
07th August, 2009