Neutral Reviews of Boss Orange by Hugo Boss

Find out more about Boss Orange by Hugo Boss in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

mushroom8118's avatar

Malaysia Malaysia

It's orientally citrusy ...but nothing special. Don't get me wrong! I like it I do. It smells good but just not good enough to send the shivers down my spine and auwwwwss me!! It stays in my ‘ordinary’ perfume collection. I use this for casual occasions like going out shopping or simply out for groceries.

09th May, 2014

Red Theodora's avatar

I just was given a sample of Boss Orange and all I can say is - I would rather eat an orange creamsicle than wear one!

04th August, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

Unfortunately this fragrance is very similar to many orange scented fragrances on the market today. It has that predictable sweet, orange candy like scent, which for me doesn't push too many boundaries.

Sure, the scent is pleasant and delicate on the skin, but there's nothing about this fragrance that shocks or excites me.

I would have much preferred this fragrance if they had experimented with a raw, juicy orange note, rather than an overly sweetened, synthetic blend of orange.

I was pretty unimpressed with this fragrance's opening, however the drydown was lovely, a soft and feminine scent of sandalwood, vanilla and white floral accords.

Because the scent is so subtle and light, it would make a suitable fragrance for the warmer months and casual wear. Although Boss Orange isn't liked by many, I don't think it would be an offensive type of scent. It's lack of originality is possibly why this fragrance isn't popular.

04th June, 2011

beautyinthemundane's avatar

Reminds me of Clinique Happy. Not saying they smell hugely similar per se, but they are both out of the same citrus fruity-floral stable and both seem to be aimed at the same market- young, bright, modern, fun-loving girls. Even the bottle/packaging is reminiscent of Happy (but a bit more cutely decorative, moving away from Happy's über 90's minimalist style). Basically, the name says it all- if you want to smell like the colour orange and all you associate with that, then buy this fragrance. Not for me, but can see others enjoying it, so I'll give it a neutral.

03rd April, 2010

imogen's avatar

Smells like an orange lolipop, not bad, but not good either. I think it would be a little ridiculous on a grown up woman, but suitable for young ladies, under 25.Basically, a fruity candy kinda smell. A lot of orange body lotions smell like this one.

07th August, 2009