Positive Reviews of Morning Blossom by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Find out more about Morning Blossom by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

tamashek's avatar

At first application, reminded me for a few seconds of old Jean Nate because of the citrus opening. Then the neroli and bergamot took center stage with lavender very distant. The scent maintains a slight tart note throughout so the fragrance has a bit of a tang. Well I must not be cool enough because it didn't do anything mind altering for me. I didn't experience blue skies and crisp streams and a jolt that this is one of the most beautiful fragrances I've ever tried. I think overall it's because the notes aren't ones that appeal to my taste at the gut level. Worth trying though because the fragrance is very well done.

22 April, 2010

WillC's avatar

I went on a bit of a neroli mission before I eventually settled on this one. I tried C&S Neroli, Penhaligon’s Castile, SMN Zagara, Profumum’s Neroli and PDN’s Cologne Sologne, and Morning Blossom trumped them all. I think it’s maybe the quality of the natural ingredients which really brings the fragrance to life -– almost in a 3-D way, as I’ve read Hirch Duckfinder commenting on La Via del Profumo fragrances in general – I can almost feel it wafting up from my skin, twisting and turning in the air in front of me. Morning Blossom is also quite aptly named, since longevity is around 4-5 hours, so if you apply it in the morning, it’ll be gone by the afternoon.

Overall, an absolutely outstanding citrus fragrance, which seems to demand a perfect summer day to accompany it.

08 March, 2010

L'Aventurier's avatar

In a nutshell, Morning Blossom is a beautiful blend of neroli and bergamot with lavender and a hint of peppery woods, slightly reminiscent of Guerlain's Eau du Coq. There's also a touch of a urine note due to the neroli overdose in the opening, but it's not that noticeable once you get into the peppery lavender dry-down. While the fragrance itself smells fantastic, it's not the way it smells that captivates me, it's the way that it makes me feel. As Asha said below in her spot-on review, this fragrance really is mind/consciousness altering - one whiff and I'm suddenly cool, calm and collected. I don't like to wax poetic about fragrances and I actually try to avoid it, but when I first smelled Morning Blossom, my mind was instantly filled with images of bright blue skies and streams of spring water flowing by.

There is no doubt in my mind that Morning Blossom is one of the most therapeutic and beautiful smelling fragrances I've come across to date. At that, this beauty is short-lived, with minimal sillage unless you overdose on it.

06 July, 2009 (Last Edited: 18 August, 2009)

Asha's avatar

My impressions of Morning Blossom on paper is that it is a gorgeous bergamot to start, then is joined by subtle blended citruses. There is a lemony quality that reminds me of rosewood essential oil, but eventually it fades, as does the bergamot. As the citrus notes fade, neroli emerges, and it is absolutely stunning--intoxicating, penetrating, sweet and slightly indolic. The neroli lasts a very long time and is of beautiful quality.

Immediately after applying Morning Blossom on skin, I smell the bergamot and indolic floral. MB has a very fresh but soft roundness to it, green, citric, slightly woody and herbal. I have smelled this particular bergamot as an individual note, and it is unlike other bergamot essences I have smelled. It seems far less like the Earl Gray tea scent I am used to and much more like a cross between grapefruit, bitter lime and lemon peppercorns. After drying, the bergamot settles, and I smell mellow lemon-like rosewood. As the bergamot continues to develop, a beautiful neroli note comes out. I must say that the neroli in Morning Blossom is incredibly beautiful. It is somewhat heady and penetrating, a softly orange-scented white floral with a tiny bit of sweet nuttyness which is almost like coconut. This is the kind of neroli that can be consciousness-altering, especially when I take deep inhalations of it.

The bergamot mostly burns off while the rosewood and neroli take over. The rosewood stays very indistinct, and seems to be a bridge for the bergamot and neroli. Interestingly, the neroli seems to be the base note in this composition, and as it develops, it becomes creamy while still retaining a good amount of sharpness and definition. In time, the neroli turns much softer and slightly spicy, but still retains a bit of its animalic urine-like edge. Longevity was surprising, about four hours, however, the fragrance does stay close to the skin overall. Today was warm and sunny, and this incredible fragrance bloomed on my skin while I was out in the sun. It is a gorgeous scent--highly recommended.

27 June, 2009