Reviews of Vaniglia del Madagascar by Farmacia SS. Annunziata

Find out more about Vaniglia del Madagascar by Farmacia SS. Annunziata in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

RichNTacoma's avatar
    RichNTacoma

As great Vanilla perfume that is most certainly unisex. It really is very pure vanilla wafts of smoke at times, and perhaps the slightest hint of citrus. Very satisfying and delicious. My only complaint is that it really does not project very well, and I really need to spray very liberally to really be able to smell it throughout the day.

30th December, 2013

Sniffmonkey's avatar
    Sniffmonkey

Heavenly. The lemon in this is subtle and comes across as a little wisp of incense on a sumptuous vanilla. I disliked vanilla for a long time after memories of a cheap Body Shop version when I was in my teens, but now that Autumn 2012 has hit its stride I've found myself craving a good vanilla perfume. This is my "chosen one" having sampled about 10 different vanillas from LuckyScent (Vanille Insensee, Vanille Absolument, Vanille Exquise, Vanille Marine, Fleur de Comores, Les Nombres D'Or Vanille, Silk, etc. etc.) A full bottle is on its way to me as I write. I'm going to try layering it with an incense like Encens Flamboyant. Can't wait :-)

06 October, 2012

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

On my skin, the opening is quite a sweet, sugary vanilla with just a fleeting impression of lemon. lt has a soft & subtle feel, with a suggestion of delicate macaroons rather than a rich vanilla cake. After 15 minutes or so, it becomes more smooth & creamy, & then slowly more caramel-like. l don't detect any floral notes at all. After 3 hours, there are hints of amber, & then it fades to a skin scent, giving off gentle wafts when l move, & lasting overall around 6 hours.
    l personally prefer vanillas with a little more depth & complexity, but if you're looking for a soft veil of vanilla that's neither cloying nor cheap-smelling, & is suitable for warmer weather, this could be the perfect choice.

28 January, 2012

davedacricket's avatar
    davedacricket

I agree 100% with holyzoo! I think every guy should get this scent just so you can layer it with other scents. It is a little too feminine for me to wear it by itself but add it to Tom Fords Tobacco vanilla (which isn't sweet enough in my opinion) and you will have the best scent I have ever smelled in my life! I got 4 compliments in 1 day. There are many other scents that smell great when you add this to it! Love it!

10th October, 2011

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

I have come to the conclusion that I am a foody deep and rich vanilla scent gal or an almondy rich vanilla powdery scent gal. I think I don't like citrus much mixed with vanilla but rather a bit of smoke and caramel or powder .
    Hence I cannot give this 5 stars . This is more or less straight up vanilla but lightened by citrus notes. That's all well and good but I like my vanilla thick and really creamy. This is thinner than let's say Jalaine Vanilla and also CSP's Vanilla Extreme - both of which I prefer.
    This is however still and excellent vanilla scent but it cannot surpass the now sadly discontinued Tihota by Indult.

26 April, 2011

Missy's avatar
    Missy

I enjoy this perfume so much so that I purchased a bottle after wearing the samples I bought for a week. It is a lovely vanilla with a burst of lemon. It is more masculine and refreshing than Tihota which is another huge favorite of mine. Tihota is more sweet and comforting and Vaniglia del Madagascar is more unisex and fresh.

10th January, 2011

holyzoo's avatar
    holyzoo

Wow! Only 1 other review! This deserves some massive praise as a luxuriously classy vanilla that is very wearable by itself or layering. This is the classiest most elegant delicious vanilla without being too foody, candy, or little girl. This is a vanilla fit for young to mature women, and a man could layer this with a lot of other scents and sport it as well.

The only other scent I'll say is superior in it's singular pure rendition is Indult Tihota which is 3x the price! However Tihota just isn't particularly wearable as a sophisticated scent. It's for layering or comfort. Whereas Tihota invites you to relax and snuggle, Vaniglia del Madagascar can do the same, but also hit the town, go to work, and seduce and get sexy.

05 March, 2010