Neutral Reviews of Power by 50 Cent

Find out more about Power by 50 Cent in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

conkhi's avatar

clean and vibrant yet soothing

very close to varvatos artisan black...nice and balmy and refreshing...clean...I am not a fan of 50 cent but this is decent for $12.99 for a large bottle....bottle is nice as well..

Pros: bright and refreshing
    Cons: longevity isnt super"

27 July, 2013

Johnnyforrd's avatar

Not outstanding or groundbreaking, but a decent green mossy kind of fragrance.

22 April, 2013

The_Cologneist's avatar

Power is a bit of an oddball. It is sporty, yet sweet, spicy, woodsy, and fruity. Sort of in the same realm as Polo Explorer, only where Explorer brings the pine note too far to the front; Power seems to keep those powerful outdoorsy aromas in the background. Longevity and projection are both awesome, but this is definitely an acquired taste.

11th August, 2011

Chasing the Dragon's avatar

Nice enough, but could've been SO much better. I'll give 50 Cent credit for trying something different in the designer market, but if he had taken the extra risk and tweaked it just a bit more by adding, say, a petrol note (such as that of Fahrenheit), this scent could've been stellar. Instead, it's a fairly ho hum, somewhat generic mall scent. Different, but not all that interesting.

12 June, 2011

dracdoc's avatar

I think its pretty decent, not bad, not great. smells like lemons at first, turns into bell peppers and ends with a spicy, grassy green scent.

18 March, 2011

Tony T's avatar

very peppery and a bit floral. a good first try imo. too bad he's not relevant to the rap scene or this would be a top seller!!!

24 May, 2010

Scentdawg's avatar

Being new to fragrances and not having much experience with describing a scent, I am going to give this one a try. I experienced Power for the first time last week after trying Boucheron and Kourus. However, you cannot give any fragrance a fair shake after witnessing these two fragrances. So I decided to give it another try today. I was expecting to feel the same way as I did a week ago, but I was pleasantly surprised. Power has a citrus topnote that fades rather quickly leaving a light spicy scent that later develops into a woodsy/citrus scent as a basenote. Of course, I don't think it has the sillage nor the longivity is something to brag about, but I was quite impressed by the character and presence of this fragrance, enough to make me want to buy it. Don't turn your back on this one so quickly. It may grow on you just as it did on me.

PS.... Tried it on again, the juice only lasted about 4hrs on my skin, but still could smell it on my clothes after 6hrs. I don't think you can over apply it. It's not overpowering as someone mentioned earlier. However,I still think that is a pleasant fragrance mainly for those in college for a night out, to wear at the office, or casual occasions.

04 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 06 January, 2011)