Reviews of L'Eau Ambrée by Prada

Find out more about L'Eau Ambrée by Prada in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Captain's avatar
    Captain

It is the most luxe Italian soap you've ever used. The opoponax, citrus and rose mixed smell like soap to me, delicate luxury soap. Which is pretty typical for a Prada scent, so clean. The amber and patchouli are there for longevity and support but this isn’t a patch heavy fragrance. It is a skin scent, it doesn’t project but it’s so unique, fresh, light and cheerful on. Worth every penny, it’s one of only a few fragrances I have back ups for. I have no idea why people say it doesn't last, it does, it just doesn't have a monster silage.

06 December, 2013 (Last Edited: 08 February, 2014)

dlane1953's avatar
    dlane1953

Soft, feminine

A very lovely, low sillage fragrance that whispers rather than shouts. It's a subtle fragrance, not highly resinous, rather polite and discrete. Strikes my nose as more of an oriental, to be honest. The opening was slightly zingy with lemon, but not overly strong nor longlasting. The rose and patchouli accord in the heart was very pronounced. The rose reminds me of old-fashioned English roses I grew in a former garden some years ago. For that reason alone, I'm inclined to like this scent a lot. If you're used to really strong, ambery fragrances, this probably won't satisfy you, but if you like a delicate touch, it's a pretty choice. I think I need a bottle of this.
    Longevity is 8+ hours and still going strong.

Pros: Delicate
    Cons: Not for those who crave huge doses of amber"

10th October, 2013

teardrop's avatar
    teardrop
    England England

l get a faint whiff of citrus in the opening, followed by a soapy, dry & powdery amber. This is a very light & soft amber that doesn't really develop, except for a touch more sweetness in the base. lt never becomes syrupy or cloying however, & although it seems to stay close to the skin, it gives off subtle wafts of a pleasant kind every so often, fading out after around six hours.
    This is a little too simple & quiet for me to really love it, but l think it would make a very "office-appropriate" fragrance, & be most unlikely to offend anyone.

23 November, 2012

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

I'm honestly not sure what to think about L'Eau Ambrée. On one hand, it's got some really great aspects to it while, simultaneously, it's incredibly weak. With a very heavy application, it's quite nice, though I can't help think that this was specifically formulated to appeal to ladies who want to vaguely smell like they've showered with really nice expensive soap.

The first couple of hours are the best part, a rich smell that reminds me of a Chanel base, a really nice creamy mix of sandalwood, iris, vague florals, and soapy musk. Smelled up close, there's a hint of pink pepper, but not enough to make it smell cheap or common. With quite a few sprays, this stage has decent silage for an hour or so, though it eventually fades down to a soapy smell, which in turn fades further into the amber the perfume is named after, a nice one with vanilla for sweetness (though it's never gourmand) and a subtly soapy powdery quality.

Basically, it all comes down to the weak strength, though. I'll go with a neutral review, because it's certainly not bad, though I'd recommend a sniff through the Chanel exclusifs over L'Eau Ambrée, because they do what it does better and stronger and without apologies.

07 June, 2012

cinamaron's avatar
    cinamaron

This is a very soft, cloudy blanket of a fragrance. It is warm and a little powdery around the edges. It does not smell briny or citrus-y at all on me, but I can smell a little bit of an earthy, herby undertone beneath the amber and vanilla (perhaps the patchouli?). Altogether it creates a very incense-y effect.

16 January, 2012

Alityke's avatar
    Alityke

Yep I love Prada frags and own most of them. This is another of my ambers but softer gentler and more skin like.

04 December, 2011

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Prada L'eau Ambree didn't start off to well with me. I had first sprayed this on the card, smelt nothing. I then applied to my skin, still nothing. I even sprayed into the air around me, absolutely nothing.

I honestly could not smell a thing, and my nose is very sensitive.

I was wondering how on earth I would write a review when I couldn't even tell you what it smelt like. Thankfully I could begin to smell a subtle hint of citrus and patchouli after an hour had passed.

Well, this fragrance is certainly not loud or offensive. It is extremely intimate and very subtle. Unfortunately it tends to vanish on the skin quite quickly. So the moment it appears, it's gone again.

Throughout the duration of this scent, all I had managed to detect was the patchouli, the citruses, soft amber and delicate, powdery vanilla. I concluded that Prada L'eau Ambree smelt very much like an expensive bar of soap. Very clean and feminine.

This fragrance was certainly not unpleasant, however it was disappointing due to all the hype surrounding it. I much prefer the original Prada as a unique and characteristic fix for my amber cravings.

07 August, 2011

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

L'Eau Ambree is a pleasantly light powdery vanilla fragrance with terrible projection and longevity, but at least it's intentional. It's a private fragrance, one designed for quiet occasions, for close quarters. It's surprisingly well-mannered for a modern scent. I like it, but I do feel the complete lack of power will ultimately make it tiresome for those who buy a whole bottle. Unless, of course, you're the quiet, non-confrontational type.

02 February, 2011

foetidus

L’Eau Ambrée is a beautifully made light amber “eau” fragrance. I don’t get very much citrus in the opening, rather I get a soft rosemary / patchouli accord that already shows vestiges of the base’s quiet, rather dry amber. I like the idea of minimal citrus because there are enough citrus openings and the good ones don’t last, anyway. The rosemary is quite refreshing and clean, and works highly appropriately in this fragrance. The not-too-sweet amber and vanilla grow gradually stronger, but only relatively to the overall gentleness of L’Eau Ambrée. The drydown is soft, warm, sweet, and powdery, and I sense a tiny bit of attractive resinousness in it, too. Delicate sillage… Not very good longevity, but still an excellent fragrance.

16 July, 2010

NotBlondeToTheRoots's avatar
    NotBlondeToTheRoots

Was a bit skeptical about this, being that it was "designed" by Prada. They do a great job with handbags and shoes, but PERFUME?! I tend to favor perfumes from the early part of the 20th century Narcisse Noir, Vol de Nuit, Jicky (okay.. late 19th century). I stand corrected, it was LOVE at first whiff! Everything I love about Opium without being as heavy. This has earned it's way into my regular rotation!

12 January, 2010

elinasofia's avatar
    elinasofia
    Finland Finland

I got this as a present from my BF who knows that I love and have all the other (mainstream) Prada womens perfumes. I read somewhere that the scent is like combining the Infusion d'Iris with the regular Prada and I agree with that review. I smell the freshness that Infusion d'Iris has combined with some amber and some patchouli. I really like the inital scent that I get when I have just sprayed my wrists, but it lacks longevity and after a couple of hours I can hardly smell anything. I think I will go through my bottle in record time because I have to constantly reapply. I have the same problem with Infusion d'Iris as well, maybe I am used to strong scents. This could be a great perfume for people who are sensitive for strong scents, because I can't see how this could give anyone a headache or be offensive.

25 November, 2009

latelittlesleeper's avatar
    latelittlesleeper

Like Prada's Infusion d'Iris, L'Eau Ambree stays close to the skin and has a very soft, slow, powdery buildup. When I first sprayed it, there was only a light powder-scent and something like the pale reminder of amber, a little bit sweet but fleeting.

I didn't think much of it and sampled something else in the inner crook of my other elbow. (Kenzo's Power)

Now, an hour later, I'm surprised by the incredibly gorgeous haze of scent. L'Eau Ambree warms up a lot and as it warms, it begins to radiate a very delicious (though not exactly gourmand) amber that tones down the powdery notes. There's a slight spice, some sweet (but not saccharine) woods, but nothing dramatic. It is a gorgeous, very gentle scent with little sillage but wonderful lasting power.

I usually like a scent with a strong sillage, so at first I didn't think I'd like L'Eau Ambree. But as it wears, I feel sort of charmed. It's beautifully done, and just because it stays close to the skin doesn't make it anything less or weak. It's a very personal scent, one meant to only be revealed to someone who is close to you. This isn't a fragrance powerhouse, it's a delicate, quiet scent. There's something old-fashioned about it, like the softly-scented powders my grandmother used to keep on her vanity that would add just a fine, soft aura of scent to her skin.

I felt similarly about the Infusion d'Iris, which I thought was incredibly well done though understated. I think these are misunderstood scents, judged for their shortcomings and not for their virtues. Prada is offering a stellar alternative to the typical fruity-floriental, watery sheers that pervade the market. L'Eau Ambree is perfect for a young woman just starting her perfume journey, or for those fragrance wallflowers who don't want a lot of scent rolling off of them. But it's also worth the attention of any true perfumista willing to appreciate the small, whispery story it's telling.

Also, I can't see why this isn't a unisex scent. A man who isn't scared of a little powder should definitely be able to pull it off.

05 November, 2009

carolyn ross's avatar
    carolyn ross

Best new fragrance in a decade. Light and rich at the
    same time.

05 October, 2009

Chlyo's avatar
    Chlyo

This scent initially reminded me of Johnson's Baby Shampoo. After a couple of hours I noticed I developed a slight sinus headache and the Johnson's Baby Shampoo dyed down to a scent reminiscent of white Hello Kitty erasers. Then it fell off a cliff, after about 4 or 5 hours it was like I had nothing on, which wasn't a bad thing considering I did not like this scent.

29 September, 2009