Reviews

Positive Reviews of Si Lolita by Lolita Lempicka

Salutation.

This is a feminine mix inspired by a the moon and a woman who bewitches you with her spirit and makes you think she is yours and then slips away leaving behined only her trace of perfume.it has new intensity,both deep and magnetic in a subtle way.the fragrance dresses up in a bottle with lines,inspired by the intimate ambience of the boudoir.its wake is an infinitely sensuous caress that awakens the senses,its allure is enticing,its olfactory signature is rhytmic,elegant and unique.Attractively Sweet, Seriously Seductive and Intriguingly Voluptuous just like you!

The head note is enriched with an accord of amber,the base note with an accord of distinguished patchouli and ultra feminine vanilla touch.the result is masterfully woven into a single,magnetizing harmony of luxurious elegance that surrendering yourself to its temptation is akin to reaching erotic zenith.this is the sort of fragrance you would wear for the autumn/winter time as it has certain warmness and sweetness to it.if you are looking for a irresistible and rich oriental with subtle hint of vanilla to seduce, you just can't go wrong with this lovely fragrance.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?+6 hours on my skin.

21st April, 2015
My initial impression was, DONNA KARAN CHAOS! And if you're familiar with that one, you know this type of spicy-but-not-exactly-oriental is kind of a rare thing. When I wear it, it actually smells a lot like Hermes Elixir de Merveilles, too, for they share a singular peppery/woody accord produced by some component that my skin amps beyond belief, and in the end, it's the most prominent facet. So that's a bonus for me - Si Lolita costs a whole lot less than the Hermes. It doesn't smell like Fendi's Theorema, but I'd use the same words to describe them both - spicy, creamy and warm drydown, non-prominent florals, woody, tension between dry and sweet. I was reminded of Theorema, because I know that one gets called masculine, too, and I just consider them not of the current feminine convention, though not particularly masculine.
05th November, 2013
KarenH Show all reviews
I ended up trying this when my favorite "L" by Lolita Lempicka wasn't available anymore (short of flying to France and bringing it back). I have tried and do not like the other Lolita Lempicka perfumes for women, too flowery -- and I REALLY like the Lolita Lempicka for men, that my man-friend wears. I hesitated to try this one, especially since I couldn't find a sample locally, and all I could do was order a bottle -- but I read the description and decided it was worth a try. I LOVE IT!! I think I might like this better than the "L" that I was wearing. The first thing I thought I smelled was cedar, but there isn't any in there. I think it's the combination of the patchouli and the peppercorn instead. It is not a heavy floral at all, which is a plus for me, and as others have mentioned, it becomes lighter after applying, but still stays well. I do not detect the orange that others smell, nor the floral. As it wears, it seems more woodsy and spicy -- but light. It strikes me as more of a spring scent than a winter, less heavy than "L". Hopefully I will have an easier time finding this than I do "L" (but I still had to order it, as the stores in Minneapolis don't carry it).
07th March, 2013
I can dig it.

When I first sprayed this, I caught a strong peppery scent, almost masculine in composition. It's a very dominating scent...at first. After a bit of time passing, however, it does dry down to a very warm, cinnamonny, sweet fragrance with the traces of pepper still playing in the background. It's definitely a fall/winter fragrance and would be best suited under a thick cashmere sweater and riding boots...because this is very sophisticated but fun. This is a big girl's perfume, but doesn't feel stuffy or old. It somewhat reminds me of a stronger, more peppery D&G The One.
18th October, 2012
I'm not sure what people were smelling with all of these reviews! I don't find the pepper to be overly pungent at all. Anybody who takes a likeing to peppery masculine fragrances will think its nothing! And within minutes it becomes sweeter and more tart. It goes from a masculine winter scent to a light spring scent. Eventually it becomes a light floral with an underlying warmth.

Although I would agree that there is nothing literal in this which would relate him to his powerful sisters, there is still a gaudy causticity to Si which is very Lolita Lempicka. Parts of Si are very familiar but he is still unique. Initially the bottle makes no sense, but soon you will see how the bottle represents him perfectly.
14th January, 2012
I am utterly in love with this perfume. From the opening of lively pink peppercorn and bergamot all the way through the sweet pea centre to the final amber and tonka finish. I find on me that it has amazing staying power, I sprayed it at 7.30am this morning and I can still smell it now at 9.30pm! It has good sillage but not so much as to be over powering. I find it a sophisticated, charming scent suitable for everyday wear that is a delightful alternative to other daytime more floral fragrances, the very slight masculine edge to Si Lolita is what makes this possible!
27th July, 2010
A spicy-sweet oriental which bears little or no resemblance to its predecessors, Si Lolita comes on menacingly sharp but near-instantly reins itself in and becomes a softly projecting aura scent. The requisite citric top fades off quickly, leaving a very pleasant pink pepper/sweet pea/elemi combo which imparts a floral spice character that made me think, "This is like Carven Homme for women (which is excellent)." Because Si dries down so quickly and remains light, bright, and uplifting throughout, it is ideal for the warmer months. This has quickly become one of my favorites in the Lolita lineup.
13th June, 2010
This is a very sprightly , sheer oriental with plenty of punch, and a cheerful citrus opening.
The bergamot and mandarin sparkle at the first spritz; pink peppercorn only adds to the happy chorus.

While the heart is sweet indeed- sweet pea has a lovely spiciness to it that keeps the fragrance from cloying.
The elemi used in the base tends to dry the entire perfume, in general; and so the woody base is balsamic and welcoming, not ponderous and gooey.

The overall effect is a very optimistic, uplifting aroma that will be very welcome in warmer months.
I find it unusual, but not edgy- it's very comfortable and flattering to the skin, like a loved garment that doesn't require a lot of extra ornamentation.

It bears none of the anisic stamp of the original, nor the salty sweet unctuousness of L.
04th March, 2010