Positive Reviews of In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon by Avon

Find out more about In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon by Avon in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

blood-orange's avatar

In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon, in my opinion, is a very likable and refreshing floral fragrance.

My immediate observation was that it smelt very much like my fragrance love, Burberry Weekend. They both share a wonderfully luscious and juicy peach note highlighted by honeyed florals.

The tea note gives In Bloom a sharper and stronger edge that Burberry Weekend lacks. While this fragrance reminds me of happiness and sunshine, I also believe that it could work well as both a casual and formal scent.

The white florals in the heart of this scent are very pretty. Soft and feminine. However what starts out as a rich floral bouquet quickly becomes soapy and clean on the skin.

Due to the 'straight-out-of-the-shower' type feeling that this fragrance conveys, I'd recommend In Bloom for Summer and Spring. I actually think that Reese Witherspoon was the perfect face for this scent. She's the kind of person that could wear classic, feminine, golden and carefree fragrances with ease and confidence.

The drydown is rather pretty with the cashmere wood and amber rounding off the scent with a rich and soothing woodsy-ness. Unfortunately the drydown doesn't last very long, a few minutes at maximum. The overall scent itself lasts about 4-5 hours, not bad but not impressive either.

30th June, 2011