Positive Reviews of APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Find out more about APOM pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Powerful fruity opening with a blast of opulent orange blossom notes, heavy musks, spices and balsamic cedar. It then softens a bit on an ambery/balsamic accord, still round and quite sticky, mellow and soft, powdery and slightly talcum-dusted. The cedar-amber interplay comes clearer and brighter after a while, at the beginning they are quite glued together but then the texture loosens and you can feel them more clearly. I also detect an orris hint, a dusty base, and still a fresh, almost mentholated breeze. The very down base is slighty rubbery and latex-like. Undoutably a distinctive, unique and opulent fragrance, with the signature Kurdjian style. Personally I loved it at first, but after two or three "full tries" for a day or so, it gets a bit boring – the smell is fine, it's just a bit "too much". Almost cloying. But if you love it, then it's deal. Monster persistence (it just survived a thorough shower).

7,5/10

09 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 16 April, 2014)

dvdlpznyc's avatar
    dvdlpznyc

Amber & Cedar & Orange Blossom -- it glistens and glimmers, and is certainly endearing; it definitely has its charms, but unfortunately I just cannot see this as a very signature scent.

20th November, 2013

Candide's avatar
    Candide
    Germany Germany

Sweet gentleness.
    Carefree but full of deep feelings.
    Smiling mildly, being consolatory - a medicine against angst and weltschmerz.

19 June, 2012

Jack Hunter's avatar
    Jack Hunter

This one is all about orange blossom,amber and cedar though they are blended together seamlessly. I sprayed a shot to my chest and both wrists and have been enveloped in a halo of warm orange blossom amber.

It is warm and slightly sweet and powdery and has the same ethereal nature as LNPH but this projects more and I have gotten about nine hours plus and it's still going.

This scent really is heavenly and it seems to blossom on the skin. It gives you a rich seductive glow and the woods seem to make the scent more masculine by deepening the feeling of the amber/orange blossom.

Anyone who loves Aqua Di Palma, Neroli and barbershop type scents should check this one out as it is gorgeous. This would make a great Spring/Summer fragrance for that out of the shower into the Summer Sun feeling.

17 December, 2011

obscura's avatar
    obscura

This is one you must try on skin. After trying on APOM pour homme on paper, I was unimpressed. It smelled of thin orange blossom on uninspired musk and little else. However, today I gave APOM PH a second try, this time on skin. What a difference! APOM PH seemed to melt into my body and become a halo of fragrance around me.

The listed notes, as mentioned previously, are orange blossom, cedarwood, and amber. Up top, the orange blossom is particularly evident, with a tonality that is reminiscent of Le Male. Especially on skin, the cedarwood comes out subtly along with other warm notes that balance the cool orange blossom. However, the real magic happens later in the day. A few hours in, this becomes surprisingly animalic! A touch of cumin breaks through the lingering orange blossom, which is supported by a base of rich, warm, delicately animalic musk. I don't get much in the way of amber, per se, except insofar as I can imagine hints of labdanum and (maybe) vanilla. Rather, the far drydown smells surprisingly like the drydown of Tom Ford Urban Musk, once the stonking animal notes have mostly worn off.

Is this something I feel like I need to own? Probably not now. However, APOM PH is clearly a superbly executed version of a simple concept. It is refined, yet undemanding. On the surface of things, it smells good, but once you smell a little deeper perfumistos/as will be pleased to find that APOM PH has real depth.

19 October, 2011

digger51's avatar
    digger51

I got a sample of this yesterday and decided to wear it today. I had not idea what APOM was about, but because I respect MFK so much I put it on blind. This is a very well done simple, but not simplictic, scent. It is light but it last a long time. The orange blossom and ceder blend well for a very nice base. I do not know if I will buy a bottle only because I do not know when a where this scent will work for me. It is not a work scent or a dinner/evening scent. Perhaps a brunch or lazy warm day scent. Thumbs up for a well done quality frag.

Two weeks later, put this on again this morning. I really like this scent. It is light but there. It is very pleasant and there but not overpowering. MFK did an outstanding job in designing this scent. I was not inclined to get a bottle at first. However, now, I am seriously considering getting this.

09 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 25 March, 2011)

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

A PIECE OF ME speaks of quality, in polite whispers rather than in bold statements. Think of it as a peek at a coveted luxury timepiece from beneath crisp white cuffs, or the quiet air of elegance in a highborn lady, or impeccably polished manners that comes with good upbringing. Orange flowers over a subtly honeyed masculine accord of cedar and amber, some reviewers might consider the fragrance a little underwhelming. Perhaps it is simple, but it's never simplistic. After all true quality doesn't have to be complicated.

28 December, 2010

Catnip's avatar
    Catnip

I received mine today, a totally blind buy. As the middle & bottom note started to develope, I couldn't helpmyself from thinking "I smelled that before". Yes, it smells exactly like Xerjoff - Kobe, only at a fraction of the cost. Perhaps if one look at it under the microscope, their ingredients differs. A classy neroli scent for gentlemen.

22 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 08 June, 2011)

Kaern's avatar
    Kaern

I thought it was a 'piece of mind' not a 'piece of me' as this has a zen like quality even though it is just orange blossom and cedar wood. There are some natural extracts in here, but it is very strong -- I could detect it on a jacket collar 3 days later. APOM has a sort of retro feel to it, but it is wonderful.

04 March, 2010

Longexact's avatar
    Longexact

This is a nice, inoffensive amber. I went back and forth on whether to give this a thumbs up or a neutral rating, but the price is pleasingly low (especially for a niche fragrance), a serious point in its favor. Although there isn't a lot here to distinguish it from the crowd, it is nicely done, and if you want a well-blended, undemanding luminous amber, you may as well pick this one up. At this price point you can also get The Different Company's Oriental Lounge, which is very similar. There are definitely better, more interesting ambers out there (Amouage's Jubilation Man and MDCI's best-of-class Ambre Topkapi come to mind), but they are also a good bit more expensive.

25 January, 2010