Reviews of Eaudemoiselle by Givenchy

Find out more about Eaudemoiselle by Givenchy in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

blood-orange's avatar

Eaudemoiselle is a rather basic fragrance. It's more modern than old-fashioned or vintage in my humble opinion.

I was surprised to discover how fresh the scent is. I think I expected something richer and perhaps more floral. The scent strikes me as being a watery blend of rose, lemon, subtle herbs and musk.

In my country, Eaudemoiselle appears to be a limited release, only being sold in the major capital cities. I don't see how this fragrance is better than other Givenchy releases. In fact I much prefer Ange ou Demon, Very Irresistible and Amarige over Eaudemoiselle.

The release has come at a good time as Australia goes into the hot Summer months, which is the perfect weather to wear this fragrance. It's a rather polite and inoffensive scent, not being overly strong in terms of sillage, but having decent longevity.

I'm slightly underwhelmed to be honest, even though I didn't have much in the way of expectations leading up to smelling it. It's delicacy has left me cold rather than impressed.

There's an odd pear-like note that I keep smelling which is the only thing that intrigues me, to say the least. Because I can sense the pear and rose, I will compare this fragrance to Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie, even though the latter is much sharper and fruitier.

Written: November 3, 2010.

24 March, 2012

nonnative's avatar

You wouldn't expect this to be a product of 2010. Classic and retrò but with a surprise. After a fresh opening of real lemon with a hit of basil, it tourns into a boisè rose. Not lost lasting and powerful as I would like, but a very good spring perfume. I liked the ad too.

11th March, 2011

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

this smell very similar to Absolutely Irresistible (Practically the same), with the difference that Eaudemoiselle is less sweet and more like a musky powder fragrance.

I like it and i think is better than Absolutely, but I expected something completely different.

28 January, 2011

odysseusm's avatar

Very sweet, floral-musk scent. Gives a young and pretty vibe.

07 December, 2010

teardrop's avatar

England England

This has a very retro feel to me, it's very strong & slightly stale to my nose, & it's difficult to pick out notes. l sort of get the rose & ambrette, but they're lost in a generic perfumey mess on my skin. l did try it on a warm summer day, & l think it might work better in colder weather, the sillage is powerful & it lasted a good six hours while l resisted the urge to scrub. Sorry, not for me!

03 September, 2010

castorpollux's avatar

I like the bottle, it looks vintage...now the scent is a very sensual floral with fruity accords which reminds me of the classic Trésor with the rose absolut middle.
    It's airy, feminine, and very pretty, fresh. The base has woodsy notes with ambrette, cedar and tonka which make it a little more interesting than the usual white musks used in the new feminine fragrances. Cute without being too bland.

09 August, 2010

Heidi's avatar

Belgium Belgium

If I make my pick of the day, this comes out quite often. Why? Because it's different than all the others. This one dares to be seductive and fresh at the same time, and it works! I love the citrus combines with musk and roses. This is a scent you can wear as well in summer as in winter.

28 July, 2010

pansylady's avatar

This fragrance definitely has an interesting rose-y vintage vibe in the early and mid phases- but strangely enough, it morphed into something citrus/green and modern a la Chanel Chance eau Fraiche in the bottom notes- I prefered the early and mid phases of this one.

27 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 04 September, 2010)

sophi's avatar

Greece Greece

Tested today!Light and fresh floral woody musc perfume!
    It has a sweet citrus opening and a fresh floral heart!Lasting power seems good!
    Nice for day wearing for a hot sunny weather!

25 July, 2010

's avatar

An easy crowd-pleaser. Does have a slight retro-touch, not in the least unpleasant or offensive, not edgy...- a nice fragrance for uncomplicated women which gives you a break from many of the very cloying and claustrophobic scents released in the past (think Boss, Lancome etc.). Nicely crafted, but totally unobtrusive in comparison to Ysatis or Organza Décadence. In perfumes, one of my mottos is "No risk- no fun". That's why the new Givenchy seems a trifle boring to me. It is too well-behaved and too conventional for my taste.

09 June, 2010

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

What a beautiful fragrance! Not that I am surprised, Givenchy is quite capable, but this is elegant yet youthful, full yet delicate. This is femininity unsoiled by the ubiquitous flagrant sexuality of today. Sensuality in the most innocent form. It is well blended. You get a little sweet, a little sexy, a little sassy and quite modern yet with a clear nod to the past. Just lovely. But some might consider it boring, if you are into that hyper-sexual or hopelessly floral scent scene.

06 April, 2010